[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be interested in an Adaptation of The Long Halloween
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Would you be interested in an Adaptation of The Long Halloween as the solo Batman film? Many people talk about using hush to show as many characters as they can, but I think this would be better. We would still get the multitude of characters, but it would have a darker noir feel, which I think could make it more of a detective story, on top of the perfect batman action we got in bvs. Thoughts?
>>
>>81158157
Only if it has a theatrical run time of 3 hours
>>
If they rewrite the story to make it good then sure.
>>
>>81158157
It could work, but they'd need to tighten up the detective-ing and story. Some plot lines could probably be dropped. There could be an issue of having too many disjointed scenes. It worked in the comic because of the monthly format and all, but it wouldn't translate 1:1 to the screen.
They could probably do it well as a series.
>>
Cant be done in 2 hours
12 episodes High budget R rated tv series would work better than straight movie adaptation
>>
>>81158157
It would be very difficult. There is an overarching plot for the whole story, but a lot of each issue is it's own self-contained story where Batman battles a different villain. That kind of story structure doesn't lend itself well to a movie format.
>>
Paramount Pictures would sue them for plagiarizing the Godfather.
>>
>>81158344
I would love thought, but I doubt it would happen ever.

>>81158299
>>81158261
I agree that it would need to be cleaned up here and there, I just think it would be the perfect story to give Batman that Noir feel that I think he needs on the big screen.
>>
>>81158344
Honestly I don't think enough happens in each issue to justify an episode per issue, maybe 6 episodes?
>>
>>81161209
Doing a 1:1 is stupid because the April issue is basically all recap.
But you could still get 12 episodes out of it. Just throwing in more detective work and shit.
>>
>>81161786
i don't see why 12 episodes would be necessary, and exactly what kind of detective work could you add?
>>
>>81161828
>what kind of detective work could you add?
Basically anything. Loeb was so light on the actual detective/investigating shit in the book. Batman just followed mobsters and criminals around when something important was happening.
And then POOF, you wind up with 4 or 5 Holiday Murderers.
>>
>>81158157
I don't think it would work.

If Affleck wasn't such a huge Miller fag I'd suspect Court of Owls.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.