[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth anything /co/? Never been out of the plastic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
Is this worth anything /co/? Never been out of the plastic.
>>
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 960x720
>>81156975
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 960x720
>>81156992
>>
>>81156975
Timestamp or we'll assume it's fake.
>>
>>81156975

If that's actually an original printing of Action Comics #1 in good condition, then that's worth a million or more.

At least a few hundred grand if it's even in poor condition.
>>
>>81156975
There's a few on e-Bay for $10. So probably that.
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=famous+1st+edition+action+comics&_pgn=1

>>81157210
>Actual Action Comics 1
LOL No.
>>
>>81156975
Judging by the cover, I'm assuming it's not an actual Action Comics #1, but a reprinting of sorts (maybe from the 80s).

That in mind, it's probably worthless: at the very best, you might get $5 for it off of a friend. Maybe $1 from a comic shop.
>>
>reprint
I'll give you 2 quarters and half a bag of Doritos for it, OP
>>
it's probably a reprint. But it if you want but the last real one sold for like $3mil
>>
>>81157210
Fuck me...I'll need to double check when I get back home, but I think it might be. I don't really know much about comics.

A friend of mine has been getting rid of a bunch of Star Wars and comic stuff he has cause he doesn't have room for it all anymore
>>
>>81157210
>If that's actually an original printing of Action Comics #1
>still in plastic
>1938

You do realize plastic wasn't invented yet, right?
>>
>>81157352
Sounds about right, though I think you're overpaying if we're talking Cool Ranch.
>>
>>81157400
Well technically plastic was invented, just not the kind you see mass produced and used in packaging
>>
>>81157373
>Fuck me...I'll need to double check when I get back home, but I think it might be.
Jesus, no. They're mid/late 70s reprints. Largely worthless.
http://goldenagecomics.org/wordpress/2009/06/12/the-trouble-with-famous-first-editions/comment-page-1/
>>
>>81157400
>You do realize plastic wasn't invented yet, right?

Maybe somebody put it in plastic later.
>>
>>81156975
If that shit isn't CGC sealed and stamped then it's a garbage reprint.
>>
As a professional comic collector allow me to give you a few tips on rare comics.

1. Typically they don't have the cover surrounded by gold foil with gigantic bold "1st edition: super ultra mega rare dynamite collectors edition certified amazing exploding Mountain Dew airbrushed secret private reserve" noted on it.

Now your playing power, try to keep that tip under your hat. My secrets don't come cheap!
>>
>>81157373
It's reprint from the 70s, hence the huge "1ST EDITION" and packaging.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.