[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What lies beyond Phase 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: Detail4.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Detail4.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
What lies beyond Phase 3?
>>
>>81155863
Marvel Cinematic Universe vs Capcom
>>
I bet Maestro will be a future Avengers villain
That or a Dark Reign film.
>>
>>81155863
Phase 4?
>>
>>81155885
GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

UNA BEAM!
STARS AND STRIPES!
I'M A MEMBER OF STARS!
DORMAMMU, COME FORTH!
>>
Apparently I heard way back when the MCU was being constructed, they were going to do Runaways instead of Avengers but they scrapped the idea.

Now I'm pretty sure they'll launch with Runaways and/or Young Avengers
>>
>>81155969
>Dance Off hyper
>>
>>81155863
Hopefully nothing.

>>81155969
OH MY SHENAYNAY
>>
>>81155984
No, Runaways was supposed to happen the same year as Avengers. But they decided to put all their focus on getting Avengers off the ground.
>>
Badoon
Korvac
Skrulls
Chthon
Dormammu
Shuma Gorath
Varcolac
Beyonder
>>
>>81156015
>Beyonder
I'd like this.
>>
>>81155863
why is Baron Zeemo always wearing such tacky clothes;
I got nothing against purple but it's a little too much
>>
>>81156015
>Shuma Gorath
Oh god yes
>>
File: new avengers.jpg (380 KB, 1024x1530) Image search: [Google]
new avengers.jpg
380 KB, 1024x1530
>>81155863
>What lies beyond Phase 3?

Something new
>>
>>81155863
Yeah, Masters of Evil is probably inevitable. They'll probably change the name to Masters of Earth or just The Masters.
It will probably have Zemo, Klaw, Abomination, Enchantress and Skurge (introduced in Thor 3), Whirlwind (introduced in Ant-Man and Wasp) and villains introduced in their movie.
>>
>>81156196
>Mfw the stinger of IW is basically a repeat of Iron Man except Zemo talking to Blonsky

"I'm here to ask you about Masters Initiative"
>>
Secret Wars will be the Phase 6 blowout film.
>>
>>81155984
Runaways makes a whole lot of sense right after Infinity War
>>
I think we first need to examine where we are now.

It'll most likely be the 3 movies a year system still, and one new franchise a year.

For 2020, it'll likely be Dr. Strange 2 - Shuma Gorrath, Spider-Man 2 - Sinister 6 and Thunderbolts, as Marvel seems to be a massive push for that team all of a sudden in several outlets.

2021 - Captain Marvel 2 with Kamala Khan being second banana, Gotg 3, and Runaways (It's been waiting in the wings for a while)

2022 - Inhhumans 2 with the Unspoken, Avengers 4, and...damn, this shit gets complicated fast!
>>
>>81156425
>Base somewhere in Alaska
>We see the corpses of a bunch of guards all over the floor
>Cut to cell opening
>Blosky as Abomination suspended in a 0 gravity chamber
>Zemo and Klaw walk in, covered in the blood of the guards
>Release Blonsky
>Blonsky asks who they are
>"Right now, we are no one, but soon we shall be the Masters of this world, and you will be one of us."
>>
>>81156059
>Strange
>bleached Bucky
>Wong
>Peter
>Carol
>Jane Foster
>T'Challa
>Scarlet Witch
>Ant-Man
Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>81156509
Thunderbolts double so. I'm convinced that Civil War will have a T-Bolts post credits scene as
>>Lego Avengers has T-Bolts DLC
>>Avengers cartoon is suddenly doing a T-Bolts arc
>>Thunderbolts book coming out.
>>Thunderbolts playing a huge part in Standoff

It all seems very suspicious.
>>
>>81155863
>More Avengers
>More sequels
>Runaways
>Thunderbolts
>Blade
>Ghost Rider
>Nova
>Ms. Marvel
>Sinister Six
>Captain Britain

The ride never ends
>>
File: 1.png (418 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
1.png
418 KB, 500x664
>>81156473
I'm thinking Phase 5. Phase 3 is the beginning of the next 3-phase cycle as much as the end of the last one.
Then Phase 6 onward is YOUNG HIP TEEN AVENGERS YEAH
>>
File: bayleypacha.png (138 KB, 561x537) Image search: [Google]
bayleypacha.png
138 KB, 561x537
>>81156650
>Captain Britain
nigga of mine
Get Man-Thing in there too, and maybe Squadron Supreme. Let's go full Multiverse.
>>
>>81156015
>Varcolac
How oddly specific.
>>
>>81156657
Here's the really funny thing.
I think the MCU will retire characters when their actors leave. So Infinity Wars Part 2 will be the last Iron Man, Steve and Thor film. Beyond that, they'll use different characters.

Yet the MCU seems really reluctant to use Teen Heroes. Spider-Man, yeah, but you also gotta think how fast these kids will grow. Cassie is just 6 now, but by Ant-Man 2, she'll be 9. So they might do Young Avengers sometime in Phase 4.

Which brings up another strange part, these kids will grow up unlike their comic counterparts. Molly Hayes would be in unknown territory if they go into Runaways films, as she would grow older. It might make a brand new Marvel that has to change.
>>
>>81156875
>I think the MCU will retire characters when their actors leave. So Infinity Wars Part 2 will be the last Iron Man, Steve and Thor film. Beyond that, they'll use different characters.
Agreed.
With the caveat that Rhodey, Bucky & Jane take up their legacies.THE RIDE NEVER ENDS,
>>
>>81156921
I think that Bucky is the only one who will take up the mantle. Rhodey never caught on, and Natalie Portman dislikes the Thor films. That and Asgard will be destroyed in Thor 3, so what's the point of continuing Thor stuff when his supporting cast is gone?

I think Cap will be the only franchise to keep going, while Iron Man and Thor fade away.
>>
>>81156875
There won't be any Wiccan or Speed in MCU.
>>
>>81156968
It all depends on where they take Wanda.

It is funny, because at this point it's a battle between what the fans want to see and what the Marvel Studios guys know about. For all we know, they could be working on a Darkhawk film and haven't even registered that Young Avengers would be a thing to make to film.
>>
File: 07.jpg (68 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
68 KB, 387x305
>>81156968
Not YET.
>>
File: 300px-Deathshead113heardofme.jpg (40 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
300px-Deathshead113heardofme.jpg
40 KB, 300x299
Death's Head was on Marvel's long list when Marvel Studios started, accirding to Empire Magazine.

He'd be awesome in GotG 3 or Thunderbolts.
>>
A lot's gonna ride on how certain movies play out.

One of the great strengths of Marvel Studios' approach is the sheer depth of their character library. They put a movie about a particular character/team out there. If it does well, they give it a sequel. If it doesn't they don't give it a sequel, let it lie fallow a few years. Maybe they have the lead character from that movie appear in one of their other movies to build his street cred back up a bit. If necessary, they recast the part. If there character's a complete dud they've got plenty more to pick from.

We can safely assume that with the end of IW they may give some of their major franchises a bit of a break. Some of the actors are getting too old (RDJ) and some might just want some time off from superheroics to pursue other projects. Marvel can use that time to pivot to other franchises, bringing back the classics with a new actor after enough time has passed. In the meantime they can craft in-world rationales for those characters to be busy elsewhere.

As for their new properties, everything will depend on how they play out. If Dr. Strange is a big hit? You bet your ass he'll be a major player in Phase 4. But if the Inhumans movie underperforms? Then they'll probably bench them for a while until they can come up with a new approach. It's a safe bet that, if their movies perform well, we'll see more of Black Panther, Strange, and Captain Marvel. We know we're going to see more of Ant-Man and GotG.

We also know they have three unannounced movie slots reserved for post-IW dates. The question is, will those all be sequels or will some be new? I'd bet Marvel themselves doesn't know and is playing it by ear. If they have a hit, one of those slots will be a sequel. If they don't, one of those slots will be a new property.
>>
>>81156600
Yeah, Guardians got that kind of pushing right before their movie came out.
>>
>>81155969
SHIELD SLASH
BEHOLD. OPTIC BLAST.
BIRDIE
BERSERKER BARRAGE
>>
>>81155863
NEW AVENGERS MOVIE WHEN
>>
Hercules seems like a safe bet to me, possibly with Amadeus Cho along for the ride.

If they can iron out the issues with Universal, you bet your ass they might try another Hulk movie.

If GotG and the cosmic stuff in Captain Marvel and IW continues to be a hit they're definitely going to start looking into more cosmic properties. Quasar and Nova both seem like possibilities.

I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of a super-spy movie of some sort. They've contracted Sebastian Stan for a lot of movies, and while Scarlet Johansson and Jeremy Renner might want a break after IW there's every possibility they could pair Winter Soldier up with some other folks from that side of Marvel. Maybe even Ant-Man, since that's where MCU Hank Pym's background is.
>>
>>81157253

Which reminds me; they've been pushing Squadron Supreme fairly hard of late, haven't they?
>>
File: Beta_ray_bill.jpg (255 KB, 550x542) Image search: [Google]
Beta_ray_bill.jpg
255 KB, 550x542
And still voiced by Blum
>>
>>81156600

I honestly wonder if Civil War might not be a stealth Thunderbolts intro. We know people at Marvel have been interested in the property (James Gunn, most famously) and they've got to be worried about Suicide Squad steal its thunder. Plus CW has: Thunderbolt Ross (and easy way for them to fit in the name and a way to maybe bring Abomination, one of their only surviving supervillains), Zemo, a supervillain prison, and Crossbones (who isn't a historical member of the team except for a short while, but they need all the supervillains they can get).

If they sneak the team into CW, then they'll technically put out a movie with a supervillain Dirty Dozen concept before Suicide Squad ever hits theaters.
>>
File: sip6.png (146 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
sip6.png
146 KB, 199x200
>>81157502
>Stinger of CW is Rulk
>>
>>81157540

I think Rulk's pretty unlikely, to be honest. I mean, why go Rulk when they have Abomination RIGHT THERE, ready to be used? The real question of this movie is: will Ross be the main villain and the T-Bolts just his conscripted henchmen who go rogue after the movie? Or will Zemo be the main villain who takes the T-Bolts rogue during the movie and reveals it was his plan all along and he was just using Ross?
>>
Avengers Assemble that is just a giant ad for MCU skipped all the Masters formations and went right to the original Thunderbolts ones.
>>
Iron Man reboot with new actor when?
>>
>>81156557
>2021 - Captain Marvel 2 with Kamala Khan being second banana
And Kamala herself gets a MCU tie-in cartoon.
>>
>>81157026
If she survives the post-Whedon new order, it will likely be as Doctor Strange's apprentice/sidekick.

Of the two kids, Billy might be especially tempting as he's Pietro without the rights issues.
>>
>>81157656

It think they'll give it a bit. Leave Tony on a high note at the end of IW, then maybe say he's off doing his own thing in subsequent movies. Maybe have him fly off to explore space for a while, or just keep doing superheroics in the background on Earth. You can always have the armor show up in a newscast or something to remind people he's still out there. Maybe after Phase 4 is done they'll reveal the new face that's under that armor.

It would make sense to give it a while. That gives them plenty of time to vet a new actor, develop a strong script to overcome people's initial skepticism about the re-casting, and find a director/creative team that will be a good fit. Marvel Studios is secure as hell, they have the luxury of making sure they're good and ready for something.
>>
>>81155863
Stagnation, the death of merch sells and the collapse of Marvel as a brand and as a company.
>>
>>81155969
>>81155996
>>81157281
>Implying it's not just a continuos spam of ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH.
>>
>>81155984
Well Gunn seems interested on making both Runaways and Thunderbolts.
>>
>>81157853
BERSERKER BARRAGE!!
TRICK CARD!!
CAJUN SLASH!!
>>
>>81157186
Michael Wincott as Death's Head anyone?
>>
>>81156015
Dormammu is already going to be in Stranges movie and skrulls are owned by Fox and Isn't Beyonder meant to be a good guy or are you getting mix up with The Beyonders.
>>
>>81155863

Nothing the bubble will have burst by then an no one will want to watch cape movies anymore.
>>
>>81157995

They've yet to confirm Dormammu for Dr. Strange. Certainly none of the actors they've cast are playing him. Skrulls aren't outright owned by Fox; from what Whedon and James Gunn have said Marvel and Fox can both use Skrulls, but in limited capacities. Marvel, for example, can use Skrulls according to Whedon but not Super Skrull or any Skrulls with F4 powers.
>>
>>81157939
HYPER VIPER
>>
>>81155984
I remember auditioning for Runaways. Was a strange time in my life.
>>
>>81158630
Well you can't just stop there! Tell us more!
>>
>>81155863
>What lies beyond Phase 3?
>Beyond
>>
>>81157990
Yes please. Great choice.
>>
>>81156059
Iron Fist wasn't at Luke's wedding? Smh Bendis.
>>
>>81156921. >Rhode replacing tony. This happened in the comics and I loved it. But don chestle replacing Robert Downey Jr is a stretch. I would eat my left shoe if don replaced tony and got his own iron man film. >buckycap. I would creme my pants. I want this. >Jane thor. THIS IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE. NNATALIEPORTLAND CANT ACT AS A HERO, HHAVEYOU SEEN V FOR VENDETTA?
>>
Hopefully She-Hulk already.
>>
>>81158113
> Chthon may have already appeared in the MCU, having used his elemental host The Other, to have Loki fuck up the Chitauri invasion placing the Scepter into contact with Wanda, who by an amazing coincidence is powered by him in the comics. They might use him in Infinity War and put Dormammu and Shuma Gorath for Strange sequels.

> Shuma Gorath kills the Ancient One in the comics, so he's a good candidate for shenanigans. We might see him when the Strange witnesses the AO fighting dark forces.

> Dormammu may come into the story via Clea and maybe an encounter in the Dark Dimension, but I think the breakaway sect of sorcerers is more likely connected to Chthon or Shuma Gorath.

But whatever transpires, all three will at least be mentioned due to their importance in the mystic universe.
>>
>>81160600

Dude, you post it constantly, but nobody buys that stupid Other/Cthon theory of yours.
>>
>>81155969
HERES MY SUNDAY BEST
PROTON BEAM CANNON
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.