[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After reading Klaus I find myself in a sword and sorcery mood,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1393921745107.jpg (121 KB, 524x1000) Image search: [Google]
1393921745107.jpg
121 KB, 524x1000
After reading Klaus I find myself in a sword and sorcery mood, /co/. I know about Conan and Shit Queens already, but I was thinking that there had to be more good stuff out there.

So name me some good fantasy comics, /co/.
>>
>>81152908
Dungeons and Dragons.
Unsounded.
Thor God Butcher/God Bomb
>>
>>81152970
What's up with Unsounded and D&D? I've heard very little about either.
>>
>>81153105
D&D (Fell's Five) is pretty lighthearted and fun. There's a lot of comedy and its got all the standard high fantasy stuff of course. They go through a few story arcs most of which involve the main party going through dungeon crawls for one reason or another. Unfortunately ended before its time though.

Unsounded is about a little girl (thief class) and her zombie bodyguard (wizard class) traveling west to collect money from her gangster cousin/ follow a group of slave traders. Shit gets more fucked up from there. Its got great world building and its own cool unique magic system but mostly read it for the interesting character driven story.
>>
>>81153249
I was hoping for something more swordfighty/warrior style. I hear good things about Prince Valiant, how's that?
>>
>>81153447
> swordfighty/warrior style
I think you'll probably find more of if you look at some Euroshit. They seem to do a lot of medieval fantasy over there. Swords of Glass and Marie of the Dragons come to mind personally. Finding translations is an issue for that though.

>Prince Valiant
Isn't that a newspaper strip? Never read it.
>>
File: tmp_24460-images(37)780313519.jpg (65 KB, 437x701) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24460-images(37)780313519.jpg
65 KB, 437x701
Kull or Slaine. The horned god book is pretty good.
>>
>>81152908
What is google
>>
File: FiresOfAskell.jpg (41 KB, 444x640) Image search: [Google]
FiresOfAskell.jpg
41 KB, 444x640
Fires of Askell and Orks: Voice of Arms for good euroshit fantasy. Not all that swordfighty though.

Also Fires of Askell isn't and will never be finished.
>>
I guess I'll ask here instead of making my own thread. What is the best Conan comic series? What about Kull (I know almost nothing about Kull)?
>>
>>81152908
Walt Simonson's Ragnarok
>>
>>81153447
Prince Valiant is great.
>>
>>81152908
On the DC side of things they have stuff like Warlord, Amethyst, and Starfire.
>>
>>81154684
Undoubtedly the old Savage Sword magazines, and the Dark Horse series by Busiek.
>>
>>81158931
Thanks, what about Conan the Cimmerian? I accidentally downloaded that when trying to get Savage Sword of Conan.
>>
>>81155705

This
>>
>>81154488
How's Thorkell?
>>
>>81152908
You might want to check out The Autumnlands, it's a pretty cool blend of Sword & Sorcery with a bit of sci-fi blended in
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.