[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Batman just make a really good prison that nobody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: main.jpg (25 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
25 KB, 620x349
Why doesn't Batman just make a really good prison that nobody can escape from?
>>
>>81129484
because superman beat him to it.
>phantom zone
>>
>>81129484
cause he wouldn't have a job without villains

he wants to be the batman, he needs to be batman, so he makes it so villains keep escaping so he can keep going out at night and apprehending them
>>
He's designed cells for some inmates. They still get out
>>
Because none of his villains go to prison.
>>
>>81129781
>He's designed cells for some inmates.
>They still get out

Has anyone suspected something?
>>
If he put half the effort into building a prison or keeping prisoners in prison as he did plotting contingencies, then his comic would have ended decades ago.
>>
What you guys don't understand is that you the read warp reality in Batman's world. He captures the bad guys, and they can't get out. But because you want Batman to have more adventures, you and everyone else who read and like Batman, will-force allows the bad guys the means to get out. Therefore if you all wish to save Gotham, stop liking Batman and reading his stories, then he can retire and live a new life in a safe Gotham.

Do you understand, Mr.Joestar?
>>
I'm guessing he wouldn't think it's ethical to keep criminals locked up in a personal prison since he doesn't have any sort of legal authority to do so.
>>
Because he's a vigilante, he can't just go to the Gotham mayor and tell him that he will build a prison
>>
>>81129484
Because unlike Nolanverse Batman, comic book Batman is a failure.
>>
>>81129484
Because he want criminals to get out?
I mean, legally. Didn't Bruce Wayne make some re-incertion help plan at one point?
>>
>>81130347
But Bruce Wayne can.
>>
>>81130312
what a load, he doesn't have legal authority to do anything he does
>>
>>81129484
As per the laws of long-running fiction (print media in particular, because the characters are effectively just words and/or images instead of actors who can die/be fired/quit/get sick/get arrested for salami slicing and sent to fuck-me-in-the-ass-prison/etc.), no popular character can stay gone forever. This means that villains cannot stay imprisoned forever if they're caught, or stay dead forever if they're killed. The same goes for heroes, but they don't have to deal with that problem as often.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.