[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Cartoon Network putting these shows out to pasture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: 1458930452299.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458930452299.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
Is Cartoon Network putting these shows out to pasture
>>
What makes you think they are ?
>>
>>81126966
The fact that they air on saturdays now, little to no warning of new episodes, and that new episodes of tom and jerry are beating them in the ratings department?
>>
Probably they've been on for years now and they already got/getting full films and everything despite not getting the ratings it used to.

Despite bot shows current decline in quality, they've had a good run.
>>
>>81128573
>new tom and jerry

how is it? The most recent one i've think ive seen was mediocre.
>>
>>81128573
>The fact that they air on saturdays now

this is how CN killed Toonami, so i think the threat is real
>>
I'm actually really surprised RS is even still going.
>>
>>81128823
I'm more surprised it had a movie.
Granted it was just a 90 minute episode with nothing particularly differentiating it from any other episode but still.
>>
>>81124370
>6+ years on television
>movies are coming out
I can gaurentee Regular Show won't last another year or two
>>
>>81128900
Not only was I surprised it had a movie, I was surprised the movie was pretty decent
>>
I honestly forgot these two shows exist. They're outclassed by every original show on the network now.
>>
I'ts part of CN's plan to cancel all programming except Teen Titans GO
>>
>>81128823
this
>>
>>81130038
Their next phase is so that TTG is broadcasted on every network 24/7.
>>
it gets better ratings than Clarence
>>
>>81128746
Toonami moved to Saturdays in 2004. The block didn't end until 2008. I don't think that was the problem.
>>
>>81128688
AT is fine just stop with your negative bull shit.
>>
>>81128688
nothing has been pulling in good ratings on CN lately. nothing except gumball and teen titans go.
Clarence has been struggling to break a million (though it pulled in some decent ratings last week) and I don't think Uncle Grandpa's been doing too hot either.
>>
>>81136795
UG had a 4 month hiatus didnt it
>>
>>81136998
The last time it aired was when they did a week of premieres in December and it got pretty dismal ratings.

Also the show is moving to Saturday mornings next week. Not a good sign.
>>
>>81137223
so now we got UG, AT, and RS all on Saturdays

Clarence and TTGo on Thursdays

What's the status on Gumball and Steven Universe
>>
>>81137315
Moving to online only
>>
>>81137315
Steven Universe is pretty consistently CN's second highest watched show compared to other new episodes aired in the same week. It is usually second by 100k or so views. It is second to TTG which gets 1.9m to 2m though both SU ans TTG have been sliding down in ratings recently.
>>
RS could have been great if the people running the show weren't so terrified of breaking from their formula.

They stagnated so badly. Everyone on the cast became so boring. So drained of life. Like even the characters themselves were tired of doing the same old song and dance.
>>
>>81137493
because they air them so sporadically (or in the case of SU, not at all even though the episodes are done)
>>
>>81137400
source?
>>
>>81137649
Rebecca Sugar's suicide note
>>
>>81137315
They both usually get good ratings... when they actually air.
>>
>>81128721
It's terrible dude
>>
>>81137564
They are breaking the formula in the season finale, build up currently and everything.

I'd be the same way though, have all these ideas I want to get out of the way first.

Even though it's always "they screw something up, something supernatural happens" it's mostly still interesting to watch play out.

But yea, if the formula is stale to you, hopefully the finale will change that.
>>
>>81140431
>changing it's formula this late in the game
it better be mind blowing
>>
>>81128573
actually back when they moved to saturdays they advertised on the channel a lot and haven't changed up the time since
>>
>>81124370
Why didn't CN do a crossover cash in for all the monies with both shows?
>>
>>81124370
>cartoon network
>not beating dead corpses
>>
>>81141335
It'd mess up the plot.

Both shows to a limit have a plot.

It'd ruin a lot of things if they did.

This is why a lot of shows don't do crossovers anymore, they all have some level of plot, and you don't connect another show into your plot.

They could make it non canon but RS and AT couldn't do much.
>>
>>81141733
Say Uncle
>>
>>81143323
That is why I added the last part.
>>
>>81143655
I mean, RS's entire premise is them going on weird adventures and fighting shit that literally comes out of nowhere. Having a crossover wouldn't really affect anything
>>
>>81143947
Yea but aside from the pandering what are you going to have them do. They contrast wrong. There's nothing there.

Uncle G and Steven worked because Uncle G could just warp space and time for fun and to meet people, plus, he "helped" steven like normal.
>>
No, both shows have an additional season coming.
>>
I like RS better. But both should stay for a little longer.
>>
the only thing i really wanted to see was princess bubblegums origin story and they really fucked that up.
>>
It's because kids just don't have it in themselves like past generations have. Their attention spans and tastes have changed due to the internet and social media culture. Cartoons just don't cut it like they used to. Kids don't invest in characters and story lines as long anymore, along with the fact that the shows usually drop quality in general.

What CN should do is pump out a variety of new, solid shows just long enough to get a fanbase and cut them off around the 4 or 5 season mark. It's similar to how pump and dumps schemes work in stocks. Just think of fanbases that get worn fast as fuck nowadays: Homestuck, SNK, even Undertale is fading out at only a few months. The norm seems to be hunting for variety and a new flavor of the month to cling on, so these "compact" kinda shows could pull in those views.
>>
No, CN is putting Steven Universe out to pasture. Are they even airing episodes of it any more? I mean reruns, not new episodes; I know they're not airing new episodes.
>>
>>81149784
cn knows that the steven universe audience is too busy blogging about how hard their life is to watch cartoon network reruns
>>
File: 1458273467565.jpg (44 KB, 480x581) Image search: [Google]
1458273467565.jpg
44 KB, 480x581
>>81149898
>>
>>81149777
>
>>
>>81149777
okay, Disney
>>
Regular Show's movie was good enough to get me back into the show.

That opening sequence...
>>
1 season for each show is still coming. I'm pretty sure Season 8 of both shows are currently in production also.
>>
File: 1459061243951.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1459061243951.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>81135886
>AT is fine just stop with your negative bull shit.
>>
>>81155320
They both will get 9th season just before their 8th season will premiere.
>>
>>81149898
Ha
>>
>>81150165
I'm sure.
>>
File: ogw a rock fact.gif (631 KB, 445x345) Image search: [Google]
ogw a rock fact.gif
631 KB, 445x345
>>81124370
Unbundling is HERE people. If CN keeps playing Industry Gatekeepers hiding behind their cable package instead of Business people intend on holding and expanding an audience, CN will be out to pasture themselves within 5 years, and I AM including their high handed treatment of the fans and show not on OP's Image that seemingly CANNOT BE MENTIONED OR THREADED ON /co/...
>>
>>81137726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_6nKVdUs-I
>>
>>81158708
Why is every Steven Universe fan post on /co/ always the most bullshit and cringe to read? Aside from them throwing it in every post they make.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.