[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who should be the first villain in the Batfleck trilogy? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Batfleck 3.gif (3 MB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck 3.gif
3 MB, 540x550
So who should be the first villain in the Batfleck trilogy? There have been rumblings that the Red Hood might be involved. We already know that Leto Joker will have a presence in some form ( hopefully with Harley in tow) but what other villains should they put on screen or redo better than before?

Personally i want to see The Court of Owls in some form and a well done Victor Freeze.
>>
>>81109977
Clayface
>>
Since they reworked Eisenberg's Riddler into Luthor, I think we can safely rule out the Riddler since it'd be too similar.
>>
>>81110013
As played by Oscar Isaac. I dunno why but i feel he would be good in that role.
>>
I want to see a Riddler that isn't a total mess and/or a forensics expert. They keep pressing that route, but that line of work just seems too practical and satisfying an outlet for the guy to want to turn to crime to prove his intellect.
>>
>>81109977
I'm dying to see a live action Black Mask, but he's probably too normal to carry the movie for a general audience, which would write him off as a mobster in a mask. He would need to be a starter villain or a B plot to someone weird like Clayface, who I've also been dying to see.
>>
>>81109977
I think Charlize Theron would make a great Selina Kyle. Plus since it's established that Bruce has been at this for 20 years they can already know each other and we can finally get an on screen version of the goggles catwoman
>>
Strongly agree on Court of Owls.
If there is no chance Lance Reddick will be Martian Manhunter or Sinestro then him as Mr Freeze with characterization EXACTLY out of TAS and nowhere else.
>>
>>81109977
Riddler played by Glenn Howerton
>>81110046
>not Nic Cage
>>
>>81110030
Eisenberg was meant to be Jimmy Olsen, not Riddler
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen
>>
>>81110149
I know Affleck likes to do crime thrillers like The Town and Gone Baby Gone, i could see Black Mask maybe having a small role. I really want to see his version of Gotham.
>>
>>81110198
>>81109977
I think seeing this brutal, angry, violent Batman fighting a bunch of invincible assassins would be a perfect way to have Batman no-kill while being as dark as this universe wants to be.
>>
>>81109977
Pyg, Two Face or Penguin. They'll definitely take influence from the shitty arkham games
>>
>>81110201
>Riddler played by Glenn Howerton
Fuuuuuuuuck that sounds incredible
>>
Tony Zucco with Dick Grayson
>>
>>81110201
>>81110650
TOOLS OF CRIME
>>
>>81109977
would love to finally see mad hatter in a live action bat movie for once

peter macnicol would be perfect to play as jervis tetch.
>>
File: Joker1-750x490.png (309 KB, 750x490) Image search: [Google]
Joker1-750x490.png
309 KB, 750x490
After seeing Batfleck in action i am even more intrigued by Leto Joker. I can see why he looks the way he does going up against this fucking monster for so many years. I just really want to see these two interact on screen.
>>
>>81110201
>>81110650
>>81110754
>Glenn Howerton as Riddler
>Charlie Day as The Ratcatcher
>Danny Devito as Penguin
>Kaitlyn Olsen as Magpie
>Rob Mcelhenney as Bane
>>
I say embrace the grimdark and go with a super edgy villain like Mr. Pyg
>>
>>81110848
i dont' want to see another Bat vs Joker story.

Unless it's the Killing Joke
>>
File: 1436646324389.jpg (35 KB, 236x324) Image search: [Google]
1436646324389.jpg
35 KB, 236x324
What will his body count be in it?
>>
>>81109977

Ra's
>>
I don't care who it is as long as its a crime/forensics thriller. Hell, Gotham SHOULD be spooky. Its the kind of city that should feel threatening.
Mobsters aren't enough. There needs to be arms dealers, ambiguously supernatural threats - the works
I might just pee a little bit if batfleck goes up against someone like deathstroke or lady shiva though.
>>
>>81110993
Doesn't necessarily have to be a Bat vs Joker story, could be a flashback in a Red Hood story.
>>
Pyg
Mr. Whisper
Hugo Strange
Riddler
Doctor Phosphorus

>>81110293
nah, Snyder has a boner for Miller
>>
>>81111024
Likely around the same as every other live action Batman film
>>
>>81111232
Snyder ain't directing though, word is it's Batfleck himself.
>>
File: alan_rickman_as_mr_freeze.jpg (55 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
alan_rickman_as_mr_freeze.jpg
55 KB, 400x300
>>81109977

I would say Mr. Freeze, except my ideal casting choice for Mr. Freeze died a few months ago.
>>
>>81110293
I'm ok if they make something like BamHam Origins, make Bats fight against Rogues again and again whittling his strength then top it with Joker/Black Mask/whatever for the finale
>>
>>81111206
The red hood story could easily be worked into a bats vs jokers vs hood.
>>
>>81111267

I didn't know ho much I wanted this and now I'm sad
>>
>>81111267
Never thought about this casting before. He is great in all his villain roles too. Hans, the Sheriff of Nottingham etc
>>
>>81111261
prolly be a producer though

Affleck likes Miller's shit too though. I know he liked his Daredevil run
>>
>>81111261
will he get matt damon to help write?
>>
>>81111064
even though they are a recent creation, the court of owls is the perfect Batman antagonist. League of Shadows is a bit too hokey these days, with its resurrecting ninja assassins.
but Court of Owls is an animal themed cabal of Nouveau riche and old money, collaborating and performing vaguely supernatural rituals to keep Gotham in their control. Gotham's own private illuminati that can only be stopped by someone like Batman, and by extension validate Batman's existence.
>>
>>81111424
>implying Matt Damon won't be Nightwing
>>
Jason is the Joker. It explains why Batman hasn't killed him despite his willingness to kill other criminals. It does kind of fit.
>>
>>81110290
brutal batfleck in a dredd style "one night" movie would be good way to show life as bats.

solving a crime to beating people up. is that too pure?
>>
File: eejwxEC.jpg (19 KB, 375x274) Image search: [Google]
eejwxEC.jpg
19 KB, 375x274
>>81109977
For me id love to see The Riddler.
Casting...fucking Crispin Glover. Always thought the man would make an amazing Riddler.

And id love for it to be an actual fucking detective mystery. With batman thinking Riddler is just a little piece of the puzzle but it turns out hes orchestrating the entire thing as part of a play to get on top of the criminal underworld in gotham
something along the lines of what he did in Hush

Have it so neither the audience nor batman know hes the main villain and think hes just a small role with someone else behind the scenes. but its really just him leading batman on a happy trail.

Also would love to have him employ some muscle along the way. Either Deathstroke or Firefly would make for a good action sequence.
>>
>>81109977
In a world where Batman kills fifty people while trying to kill Superman of all people, how the fuck is the Joker (or any of his rogues) still alive? Batfleck would just shoot them in the face.
>>
>>81111556
I felt like they're heading that way just because they said "How long have good guys stayed good?"
>>
>>81111660
I'd be interested in that, but I'm not sure how well that would translate into a film.
>>
Black Mask might work. He is edgy enough to fit with Snyder's Batman.
>>
>>81111700
Alfred seemed to imply this darker turn was a new thing. So maybe he didn't kill people until 2 years ago?
>>
>>81111785
Either way, it fucked the character and all future efforts with this Batman as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>81111689
>Deathstroke
I'm expecting Deathstroke to show up at some point in this universe and I'll be disappointed if it never happens.

>>81111862
Well that really depends. Maybe working with Flash and Cyborg will make him remember when he used to not kill people and revert back to it?

Honestly i wouldn't mind a Batman movie in the style of the Batman in this one, if only because I played Arkham Knight where Batman was blowing up people's cars and running them over all the time.
>>
Just don't do the fucking Penguin. God I hate the Penguin
>>
>>81112079
Fuck you. Penguin is awesome
>>
>>81112079
Eh?!
>>
>>81109977
Killer Croc styled after Barracuda
>>
>>81111424
>>81111444
Matt Damon as Hugo Strange.
>>
>>81111862
Batman won't kill anymore. I think this is why he doesn't killed Luthor.

Supes inspired him.
>>
>>81111945
Sure, but the first time the Joker kills a bus full of kids, and Batman doesn't end him, you are forced to wonder how he could justify killing the security guards at Lexcorp, or the drivers transporting the kryptonite and not the Joker.
>>
Catwoman and Mr.Freeze they need to be redeemed
Lady Shiva
DeathStroke
Royal flush gang

Court of owls for something new
>>
I once had a dream that I contend is my idea of a perfect Batman film.

It had Mr. Freeze as the main villain, and it featured Dr. Langstrom, who turned into Man Bat in the late second/third act.

Had a very spooky feel to it with an emphasis on detective work, and the classic "science going too far" as a theme
>>
>>81111760
maybe it's only good in small doses like bvs

the first scene from bvs where he Daves the Asian women shows the fear element pretty well. makes him seem more threatening than balebats
>>
>>81112155
That's pretty weak, but knowing that they will be going with it (for lack of a better explanation) is really annoying.
>>
Poison Ivy can be redeemed .
And like others have said I too would live a Black Mask and maybe a Riddler that isn't a fucking live action cartoon
>>
>>81110848
from the thumbnail I thought, "hey, it's Frank Gorshin from that Star Trek episode."
>>
>>81112111
Convince me, what good stories has he been in? Because I haven't read any, and pretty much every iteration of him outside the comics blows.

I guess I don't get what he offers thematically. He likes birds for some reason? I guess him being rich draws a parallel to Bruce, but not an interesting one imo
>>
Everything about batfleck was great except the killing. Even TDK Returns Bats refused to kill and he's one of Batman's more brutal/dark incarnations and what batfleck is based on.

I do love how those hostages and cops were terrified of him at the beginning. All you saw and heard was their terror and screams throughout the building.

Action scenes were top tier as well. Great use of gadgetry.
>>
>>81109977
Literally anyone except the Joker would be fantastic. I'm so fucking sick of seeing him.
>>
If they dont do a Red Hood storyline I will be legitly triggered.
>>
>>81109977

I'm so fucking sick of Batman.
>>
>>81112332
Disagree.
Batman was obviously a shitty detective in this, the branding was bizzare and out of character, and while Batman seems obviously psychotic, very few iterations have leaned into it this hard before.
Also, his plans were just terrible. If Luthor wasn't there to trigger the fight, what was his plan? Just wait on the roof all night?
Beyond that, there are several moments where he seems to act out of malice or cruelty in his fights, rather than just efficiently stopping his opponents.
And it cannot be overststed to me that he kills people the Punisher wouldn't even have killed. It was way overboard.
>>
>>81110201
>Nic Cage as Clayface
>When Clayface starts going crazy towards the end all the people he disguises as have to do a Nick Cage impression.
>>
>>81112447
>If Luthor wasn't there to trigger the fight, what was his plan? Just wait on the roof all night?
Well considering how Superman said to not go to the light next time it's on, it's a safe bet Supes would show up.
>>
File: 1453601446010.gif (2 MB, 340x352) Image search: [Google]
1453601446010.gif
2 MB, 340x352
>>81110013
>I came here to post this
>first post best
>/thread

Fuck, no need to hang around here, but seriously, if they make it a detective kind of story with Bruce hunting down a serial killer who is not only an amazing actor, but can fucking shapeshift and has an array of other amazing abilities, I would pay my hard earned money for that. Maybe even request to have the opening night off so I could see it
>>
>>81112227
Alfred's line about good men turning cruel pretty much spells out that Batman has been getting increasingly vicious since Zod's arrival. Plus Luthor had been needling him for awhile before the movie began.

>>81112271
He's one of Batman's "weirdo gangster" villains, like Two-Face, Black Mask, and the Joker.

Also, quit thinking about what they offer thematically. That should grow organic in the story.
>>
>>81112561
Yes, but what does a hyper edgy, gritty Penguin look like? Literally a man/penguin hybrid? Some weird cannibal bird cultist? How do we make the Penguin appeal to the Hot Topic demographic?
>>
>>81109977
Riddler. Make him into basically Jigsaw from the Saw movies.
>>
>>81112654
Boooooring
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 311x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 311x473
Who do we cast as Flamingo?
>>
>>81112652
>How do we make the Penguin appeal to the Hot Topic demographic?

I take it you haven't watched Gotham.
>>
>>81112654

>Turn the Riddler into Jigsaw

Literally go fuck yourself with a garden rake.
>>
>>81109977
Snyder.
>>
>>81110201
>not wanting David Tennant or better yet, Willem Dafoe as the darkest most twisted Riddler of all time
>>
>>81112483
Even so, hos plan is still terrible and built entirely on coincidence and luck. If Superman is the problem Batman believe him to be, Bats dies without ever seeing him. If Superman isn't, then Bats is wrong and is unjustified.
And why waste your time setting up complex traps that had no chance of working, why not just have a kryptonite gas trap instead? Or just walk up to him like you're there to talk and stab him with a knife? Or fucking shoot him from a mile away.
>>
>>81112681
I have, it's close, but it's not Snyder/Goyer level edge yet.
>>
>>81112236
They're pushing the "Poison Ivy is a good guy now" thing hard now, I don't think they'll use her as a villain.
>>
so how will Clark come back to work when Superman comes back to life
>>
>>81112447
I don't see how his detective work was shitty when he was actively tracking human traffikers, found out about Lex's kryptonite, stole it from under his nose and figured out Diana's identity. Do you people even know what detective work consists of? You seem to think its to look at something once and pull all the right answers from thin air. That's just being a huge mary sue.

As another anon pointed out, bats knew superman would come if he lit the signal and answered it.

I agree he was too bloodthirsty in the movie but batfleck's body count is nothing compared to punishers. You're crazy to even suggest so.
>>
>>81112734
And the entire plot of Iron Man 2 could have been skipped, and the villain victorious, by Vanko walking into a patent office. It's called a narrative contrivance
>>
>>81112786
If I had to guess, some BS about being put into witness protection
>>
File: 1458544973594.gif (2 MB, 356x400) Image search: [Google]
1458544973594.gif
2 MB, 356x400
>>81112654
>>
>>81112753
Gotham's Penguin has literally killed a man for a sandwich.

>>81112763
Nah, just make her a comparison to Batman.

>>81112788
Batfleck has the lowest bodycount of any of the modern Batman films.
>>
>>81112788
My issue is with how seemingly oblivious he is to the activities of other metahumans, and his inaction in tracking Superman. If Luthor can figure out Supe's identify, Batman absolutely should have.

And check your reading comprehension, I said nothing about body count at all.
>>
>>81112871
How many does Bats kill in the Nolan films? I count Ra's, Two face, and Talia.
>>
>>81112763
Poison Ivy was always good under certain ethical systems when not written as a psychotic mankiller with daddy issues.

Fuck with mother nature and get fucked with back Ivy is where her character shines.

And there should be enough evil corporations in any DC universe that she could make protecting the rainforest a full time job and never have to fuck with heroes.

Her being a villain has been contrived bullshit ever since they got her motivations out of the venus fly trap motif.

I mean fuck, she'd be the plant version of Aquaman i that wasn't already Swamp Thing's job. Well written Aquaman is always Atlantis first, surface dwellers get fucked too.
>>
pyg, dr death, and hugo strange as a trio
>>
>>81112889
Bruce and Lex switched mentality towards Superman in BvS compared to the comics. Lex assumed he had a normal life beyond being Superman while Bruce couldn't really conceive of Clark being anything other than Superman.
>>
>>81112919
He shoots the driver of the truck in DKR.
>>
Since they already combined Lex and the Joker for BvS, what if they combined Clayface and Hush for a Batman film?
>>
>>81112956
Yeah, I guess so.
>>
>>81112956
Didn't Zod straight up say he'd been living amongst the humans in his broadcast message in Man of Steel? Seems like a pretty straight line from that to "he has a secret identity."
>>
>>81112993
Yes, Batman just made no effort to figure out his identity at all.
>>
>>81112919
He blows up the headquarters of the LoS in Batman Begins.

>>81112922
Poison Ivy works best with a good measure of classical tragedy to her. I also really love when writers portray her as a misanthrope.
>>
I just figured Clark and Bruce knew eachother were Superman and Batman when they spoke at the party. Bruce comments about tired of freaks dressing as clowns as he sizes up Clark as if to say he dresses up as a normal reporter to blend in with humans while Clark was playing stupid by asking Bruce what he thought of Batman.
>>
>>81113048
>He blows up the headquarters of the LoS in Batman Begins.
Wasn't that a distraction that went way out of control?
>>
>>81112734
Not really coincidence when superman had likely been spotted around the area and when superman wrecked bats car just to tell him to cut his shit out. He even lit the symbol where he could plainly see it. Of course he was going to come.

Superman being a "problem" in Batman's mind was more insidious than just outright murder. His nightmare had superman as emperor of earth which suggests bats was paranoid that supes would gradually consolidate power until he controls a global regime. Hence the Superman-Death Squad we saw. Its not as simple as how you put it and you don't seem to understand how paranoia works.

The traps were there to look cool, then to distract as bats loads up his gun. Walking up to supes and stabbing him would be stupid as he was on guard and even a human may be able to see that coming. I don't see how sniping superman would work when bats would have to hide which is pointless when you're fighting a guy who can see and hear what you're doing from the moon.

All in all I start to wonder if you know what you're really talking about.
>>
>>81113048
That pissed me off so much.

>I won't kill this man
>proceeds to blow up the headquarters, killing God knows how many
>>
Well, I had a map before Batman being a nonchalant murderer was a thing, but now it's scrapped.

Merge elements of Hush and Red Hood for movie 1. Allows for the rogues gallery to expand without needing to go deep into each. Had idea that Twoface is Bruce's partner through film, with elements of Tomasi
Movie 2 is Batman & Son and No Man's Land.
Movie 3 is Court of Owls with elements of RIP, since a casual audience will understand Bruce's long lost brother easier than Dr. Hurt and all he entails.
JL 2/3 where Bruce dies
Prequel films later show young Batman in Zero Year Two-parter.
>>
>>81113089
My point is, that once Batman decided he was going to kill Superman, there are dozens of better ways to go about doing it, many of which wouldn't involve the strong possibility of significant collateral damage, and the complete waste of time that much of his plan clearly was even before he started putting it in motion.
>>
John Glover as The Riddler would be great.
>>
>>81113070
It's also a pretty straight line from that to "he no longer bothers with that anymore." It's also not that hard to assume that Lex simply beat Bruce to the punch by devoting his company's resources to discovering Superman's identity.
>>
>>81113188
So Batman sat on his hands for 18 months? It took Louis about a month to figure it out and she had literally none of the resources Batman has.
Literally all it would take is asking yourself why the Kryptonians attacked Smallville, and you're basically done. Half the town knew who he was.
>>
>>81113089
Wtf is that middle paragraph about?
>>
File: 1360532706968.gif (2 MB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
1360532706968.gif
2 MB, 320x190
>>81112654
Triggered
>>
>>81112889
Bats is the one who discovers flash, cyborg and aquaman. He didn't know of them prior because his work was focused almost solely in gotham. Its only after the zod battle that he starts showing interest at all.

About your punisher comment, I meant to say you're crazy if you think Frank wouldn't have killed everyone batfleck fought. Fucking christ, they were going to burn an elderly woman to death. Frank has killed for less.
>>
>>81113302
Not even that anon, Batman knew nothing about the other metas, all the data was from Lexcorp.
And Batman killed a bunch of people that just worked for Lexcorp. Like security guards and drivers, people literally just doing their jobs.
>>
File: sheeit.gif (2 MB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
sheeit.gif
2 MB, 500x350
>>81113383
>mfw batman has a higher body count in BVS than Frank does in DD season 2.
>>
>>81110293
>arkham games
>shitty
Asylum and City are the best, kill yourself fag
>>
>>81113383
Naturally he did get it from another source. After tracking it down himself and decrypting the attained files. Detective work isn't pulling answers from thin air anon. You gotta remember he wasn't interested in anything other than gotham until zod's invasion.

Are you talking about the security guards who were delivering the kryptonite? It was needless sure, but Frank would've still killed them.
>>
>>81113302
>I meant to say you're crazy if you think Frank wouldn't have killed everyone batfleck fought
In point of fact, Frank has inconsistent as shit writing.

Usually he's eye for an eye, even going so far as to say if he ever kills anyone that didn't deserve it, next bullet's going in his skull, but he's totally tried to murder the Shocker, who has never managed to kill anyone and he also shot the shit out of a random schmuck hired by Goldbug to contact Cap's side during Civil War and never batted an eye about it.
>>
>>81113492
fuck off back to v
>>
Unless they retcon Batman killing, Red Hood won't work nor would Mr Freeze, why would a killing Batman stop them?
>>
>>81110293
If they did a movie version of Arkham Knight Pyg, I wouldn't be complaining.
>>
>>81111267
Oh god dammit that would have been perfect. He has the voice, the look, the acting ability, everything.
>>
>>81110202
It makes much more sense
>>
File: what the fuck penguin.jpg (577 KB, 880x2812) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck penguin.jpg
577 KB, 880x2812
>>81112271
He's just a very capable criminal.
>>
Just no fucking Joker, let him rest, just for a bit, we dont need more of the same thing.

Maybe something like the mad hatter akin to the arkham games. We already know batman has nightmares, and lex mentioned the white rabbit. Have him use real detective skills and have some wonderland fuelled nightmares
>>
>>81111064
>ambiguously supernatural
This. They should just adapt Dark Knight, Dark City or something.
>>
>>81111430
>League of Shadows is a bit too hokey these days, with its resurrecting ninja assassins.
How is that any less hokey than the Court's invincible Owl themed ninja assassins?
>>
>>81113128
>Zero Year adaptation
Year One would suit Batfleck much better. The massive scope of Zero Year would make the concept of "Batman as an urban legend before BvS" practically impossible.
>>
Make him fight Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>81110848
Admit it, you just want them to fuck.
>>
>>81116429
yes
>>
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>81116962
Like I want to strangle his pink little neck until his eyes pop off.
>>
>>81116962
cold indifference
>>
>>81116983
Which is the exact opposite of how Luthor is. Brava, Zack.
>>
>>81109977
If you can't beat Memepool you don't really deserve a movie.
>>
>>81116189
That's a great little story. The scene where Batman is beating up on his thugs and he just casually hands one his letter opener while waxing poetically about love sticks in my mind.
>>
Anyone but the fucking Joker plz. How about fucking Clayface? He would be rad as fuck on screen.
>>
>>81109977
>Firefly
>Clayface
>Legit anti-batman Killer Moth
>Prometheus
>Hush
>Zzasz
>Lord Death Man
>Man-Bat
>Wrath/Wraith whatever
>Mr.Freeze
>Poison Ivy
>Colorful mob bosses (Mr.Scarface, Penguin, Black Mask) as secondaries?
Literally anyone who hasn't shown up yet, has had a shitty film adaptation, or isn't the Joker
>>
Matt Damon as Hush.
>>
>>81109977
Anything but the Joker, my favourites are Red Hood, Hush, Hugo Strange and The Riddler

I think BVS was a ok or meh movie, but everything about Batman was fucking great except some killings, i have mixed feelings with this new universe, i don't want JL with Snyder or everything related with him, but i want solo moves with this Batman
>>
>>81117122
Magpie.
>>
>>81117122
Could Zsasz even carry his own movie?
>>
I'll list batman solos I'd like to see.

>1. The court of owls are manipulating several of Batmans enemies into killing important figures of Gotham (think guys like pyg). The movie would have a heavy focus on detective work and Wayne using his political/economic influence against the court once he figures out they control the city. Guest stars would be commissioner Gordon and Barbara.

>2. Several of Batman's foes (Killer croc, Deathstroke, Joker, Freeze, and Two face) are gathered by Black mask to kill Batman. The movie takes place over one long night where Batman is being hunted by blackmasks gangs and his arch villians and of course is centered around ridiculous action. The climax has Barbara crippled and the joker getting away. Guest are Barbara and Catwoman.

>3. Batman has become obsessed with getting revenge on the joker. His personal life as Wayne and his company are suffering due to his absence. Blackmask would be a minor villian at first but the focus would shift to Joker and Harley. Final confrontation between Bats and the Joker. Nightwing, Oracle, and commissioner Gordon would all help batman through the film.

>4. Basically another movie centered around detective work as Batman hunts down Clayface.
>>
>>81117196
I think he could make a good early villian that gets beat within the first 30 minutes but no he could not carry his own movie.
>>
Riddler because then you could put more emphasis on the detective side of things.
>>
File: Lethal Weapon 5.jpg (520 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Lethal Weapon 5.jpg
520 KB, 1200x600
Will Smith reportedly wants to be in the movie in a THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY dynamic with Batman, the Joker and Deadshot.
>>
>first villain
I know what you're getting at, but it's been 20 years. Batman's entire Rogue's Gallery probably exists already.
>>
>>81117122
And also Scarecrow and Mad Hatter
>>
>>81117294
40 years. he was normal for twenty then went full murder for twenty
>>
File: 1458887131414.gif (473 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
1458887131414.gif
473 KB, 500x361
>>81112654
FUCK RIGHT OFF
>>
>>81112678
Neil Patrick Harris.
>>
Morrison Bat Saga.

Poignant themes and colorful super heroics.
>>
>>81109977
The first batfleck movie should be flashpoint so that they can rewright him into Thomas Wayne.
>>
>>81110030
I still think Johnny Depp would be a phenomenal Riddler.
>>
>>81109977
I'd love to see Man-Bat done. Not as a big bad but in an opening scene or as a secondary antagonist.
>>
>>81117007
It's the highest-grossing of all X-men films period. Even when adjusted for inflation.

Cancel all X-men and Wolverine films. They can't beat Deadpool either.
>>
Court of Owls might be cool so that Batman can be free to go insane with killing them sorry zombies.

Red Hood seems like a probable choice if WB still wants to adapt popular storyline.

But what I really want to see is a Long Halloween / Hush story that includes a lot of detective work. Besides, its an easy way to show off a lot of Batman's rogues.
>>
>>81109977
the RT critics
>>
>>81112922
This. Poinson Ivy as a kinda uber-militant environmentalist makes sense. Why would she team up with people that want to destroy the world around them?
>>
>>81117940
kek
>>
>>81117940
zing
>>
>>81117940
Shots fired.
>>
>>81117940
To be fair, Affleck It is not considered one of the problems of the film
>>
>>81116064
Dude was a sex slaver. I think old, cold, cruel batman was just making a point that you don't import hundreds of little asians into gotham to be raped.

I see people's problem there but I, at least, didn't get the cold-blooded "I kill the bad guys now" vibe. Besides, you think the nutcases going to Arkham are going to be in communal spaces to be killed? That dude went to prison and got killed. The big bads mostly go to arkham.
>>
>>81109977
Snyder fucked up Bats so bad that he made it impossible for Red Hood to happen.
>>
>>81111724
>Who is Two-Face
>>
>>81117940
In other words "It's not a bright and happy quipfest, so I don't like it"
>>
File: 1458772635633.jpg (56 KB, 292x584) Image search: [Google]
1458772635633.jpg
56 KB, 292x584
>>81118668
We made comic books to be better than the real world. Life is inadequate so we conjure perfect and selfless beings because no one real is worth aspiring to. Fie on you,who wants to sully what is perfectly good with sin.
>>
>>81109977
Is it actually confirmed now?
>>
>>81109977
Hugo Strange and Dr Hurt
>>
>>81109977
I'd like a summer flick with Calendar Man as the antagonist. The twist would be that his crimes were secretly a lead up to a July 1st presidential assassination.
>>
>>81117232
>Several of Batman's foes (Killer croc, Deathstroke, Joker, Freeze, and Two face) are gathered by Black mask to kill Batman. The movie takes place over one long night where Batman is being hunted by blackmasks gangs and his arch villians and of course is centered around ridiculous action
Isn't this literally the plot to Arkham Origins??
>>
Mr. Freeze is a perfect choice for a movie villain - actors often don't want to come back to play villains and he essentially has one good arc to adapt anyway, which is why Victor is just in general better suited for adaptations than comics. I'd imagine the movie would need another villain as well though, especially considering the new Batman characterization, though - maybe just one of the semi-regular mob bosses?
>>
>>81118611
Good, Jason has been near consistently shit since he came back.
>>
>>81110926
Instead of bane mac should be 2 face half twink half fatass
>>
>>81109977
We need a not shit Riddler, Freeze, or Ivy.

If you want to go original, Clayface or Man-Bat

>>81110926
>The Gang Almost Got'em.
>>
>>81117870
I hate him, but I'd say Dane Cook for Riddler.
>>
>>81113450
Frank killed 37 people I don't think Bruce killed that many
>>
>>81109977
Penguin and Strange.

Strange as the man behind the curtain pulling the strings, Penguin because his resources would be a target for Strange.
>>
>>81109977
Why doesn't Batfleck just shoot the Joker?
>>
>>81117196
If it's a relatively grounded movie that focuses entirely around Batman's detective work then yes he could, serial killers carry non cape movies all the time.
>>
>>81120510
The same reason that Jason hasn't just killed all of the Gotham criminals. shitty writing
>>
File: Riddler.jpg (29 KB, 250x691) Image search: [Google]
Riddler.jpg
29 KB, 250x691
>>81117870
I know people hate it but he would work as the techno criminal Riddler
>>
>>81119715
>Isnt this literally the plot to the Arkha game with the best plot
Yes.
>>
>>81120805
That Riddler is fucking garbage.
>>
>>81109977
I would love Freeze as the villain, he never gets the love the other villains do.
>>
>>81118834
>I'm aping Grant Morrison, but I haven't really read much Grant Morrison.

>>81118668
It's got a ton of flaws. It's Iron Man 2, right down to the same problems.
>>
>>81110848
Was there ever a confirmation on whether Leto Joker will have those shitty tattoos?
>>
>>81121200
>best plot
Origins plot was one of the most generic Batman stories I'd ever seen. and the Joker twist was Arkham Knight teir
>>
>>81121887
Everything was great until the Joker twist
>>
No one from the Nolan trilogy, that's for sure. No stupid sidekick crap either.

I'd say Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>81122134
>No Scarecrow
>No Bane
no dice
>>
>rogues gallery with killer Batman

LOL
>>
>>81122313

But wasn't that the 90s quadrilogy?
>>
File: condimentking.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
condimentking.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
The most obvious choice.
>>
>>81122690
>works in a gotham factory
>poisons thousands of people
>>
I'd root for Mad Hatter, Riddler and Poison Ivy. Joker and Harley are overuse.
>>
>>81122424
the only movie Batman that didn't kill was Clooney
>>
>>81122424
No!
Burtonman moral code: Let you kill yourself
Bateman moral code: I dont have to save you (like Burton) but I might, then after he kills Dent, he's all like depressed and decides that he's responsible for destroying legacy he left behind so he murders League members then kills himself for his sins.
Snyderman: If I encounter a criminal in my car plane or boat, then they die. Otherwise Ill just beat them up.

Its just retarded. A Batman with zero morality or discipline. His rogues gallery is probably just people who managed to avoid ever encountering him in a vehicle
>>
>>81122690
If they make him cool like using his victims insides as condiments then yeah.
>>
They should make any super-villain named the Cuckolder.
>>
>>81109977
Emphasise that Gotham has all these competing gangs. I want to see small appearances from at least 6/7 different rogues in each film.
>>
>>81111660
Great idea, actually.

We absolutely need some shit that's never been done before. I have a bad feeling that the (presumable) financial success of Suicide Squad and BvS will convince WB to just do a big movie with a bunch of the rogues working together or some shit, like Hush on the big screen.
>>
>>81123711
>Edgy revisions of a joke character
>Cool
>>
>>81112919
A trillion goons from the League.
At least half a dozen police officers in TDK. Sure, Alfred said "luckily no one died", but would that matter if he said it at the end of BvS when we know its not the truth?
>>
>>81116064
No, they could just said Batman had the no killing rule during his career. I mean, the Joker is alive and in prison. Batman won at the end. He captured him without killing him.

Its just after Superman vs Zod he realized he wasted his life as an angry kid cosplaying against colorful mobs. Robin and Gordon died and none of that shit matter because at the end they were just roleplaying.

So now Batman comes back and he couldnt care less about killing some scrubs.
>>
>>81112654

What is the Arkham version.

If anything he should be The Light Yagami of the DC Universe. Imagine Riddler if he was a police consultant but is also manipulating things behind the scenes.

Batman would essentially be his L.
>>
>>81125827
NO MORE DEAD COPS!
>>
>>81121200
Thats not Arkham Asylum.

Also just to trigger you even more, Bane was as shit on Origins as he was in AA and AC. They tried to write him smart, but when a non smart writer tries to write a smart character it just ends in disaster. Origins bane is just crap. Maybe not as crap as AA and AC but still crap.
>>
>>81112678
Prince... Or grant Morrison
>>
>>81123605
>>81123605
>Burtonman moral code: Let you kill yourself
Yeah, totally what happened in 89 where he leaves a bomb in that factory and everyone dies.
>>
>>81126078
I can't believe they actually thought that making Bane discover Batman's identity would have any kind of stakes when he clearly doesn't know who he is in Asylum and City.
>>
File: 1453591065968.gif (1 MB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1453591065968.gif
1 MB, 310x310
Hush or Prometheus
>>
>>81126202
I cant believe they thought Bane would sacrifice his prized mind and intellect for a shitty power boost that at the end didnt helped him against Batman. Bane is all about winning, winning the war is his pride, not trying to win every battle. The logical Bane course of action would be to just retreat. A tactical retreat. Instead he just decides to use the Dumb Juice. And for some reason fucktards like to pretend this was Bane written right, like he is supposed to be.
>>
Arkham City style movie where Black Mask puts a bounty on Batman's head and Catwoman is in it as Batman's mole

Lots of C list rogues making cameos with Deathstroke and Deadshot being the big 2 villains
>>
>>81113450
Frank killed like 40 people on purpose. Frank almost killed as many people as the entire Chitauri army did.
>>
>>81126384
All of the problems stem from them trying to change the personalty of a character in a fucking prequel. No matter how hard they tried to make him some kind of genius badass, they were always going to have to explain how he became a moronic brute.

The entire plot was completely riddled with holes anyway. One of the worst things was how it kept contradicting itself about how long Joker had been impersonating Black Mask.
>>
>>81126492
Frank actually officially killed twice as many people as the Chitauri.
>>
>>81109977
I don't care if Snyder's directing again. It'll just end up shit.
>>
>>81126817
There's been no indication that Snyder is going to be directing any solo movies.
>>
>>81125994
Riddler could only work as Final Boss.
>>
If they want to be daring, have a Batman be directed by Wes Anderson or Brad Bird. It would rattle the entire fanbase.
>>
>>81125713
Batman can always be in a game show with riddler's trap where he have to bake a crepe in five minutes is more exciting or else alfred dies.
>>
>>81117451
Batman would have to be 60
>>
>>81119575
Why July 1st?
>>
>>81126867
His implication and influence in the cinematic universe is too high
>>
>>81121774
Yes, dude. The theory that he didn't have those tattoos is just fanboys bitching. Hell, they're saying the final act of SS will be Joker using his tattoos as superpowers and then losing them when he loses his superpowers.
>>
>>81121774

Given his got those shitty tattoos I'm gonna say yes
>>
>>81117940
Yeah, it's shit but Batfleck is not the problem.
>>
>>81110293

>Shitty
>Arkham Games

Pick One
>>
>>81117286

Fuck. That.

I dont want a Batman solo movie that has Will Smith as the antagonist, even if he is the second banana.

Give me Under the Red Hood, Court of Owls, or something with Hush.
>>
>>81118668
I'm legitimately surprised no one has made a dark comic adaptation with high RT score collage to shut up retards like this
>>
>>81130932
Asylum was pretty good. Each installment got worse but none of them were truly bad unless you're PC Mustard Race
>>
File: Bruce Wayne.jpg (175 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Wayne.jpg
175 KB, 1600x1067
>>81111064
I think a movie revolving around Deathstroke could be amazing, but they would likely just screw it up.
>>
>>81109977

Penguin.

One of my favorite bits from BvS was how Batman actually utilized his detective skills and was working a case since before the beginning of the movie.

For that, I'd love to see a more humdrum Batman story, something where the fate of the world isn't in his hands, or where Gotham City is in existential peril. Just Batman working a weapons case or something like that, with the 'legitimate businessman' version of the Penguin as the kingpin. Hell, even bring in some of that 'the Cobblepots were founding members of Gotham' stuff so we can see Bruce spar with Oswald in public.
>>
>>81109977
Zack Snyder
>>
File: batman-dkr-imthesurgeon[1].jpg (445 KB, 996x1431) Image search: [Google]
batman-dkr-imthesurgeon[1].jpg
445 KB, 996x1431
The Mutants and 2 face
straight up adaptation of the DKR part 1
with Bruce Willis as the Mutant Leader
also keep the naration to differentiate it from the animated version
>>
>>81109977
>Red Hood
>The Court of Owls

Yesssssss. Red Hood in particular. That would be incredible. I they cast him well it could even be a great spin off.
>>
>>81117286
>>81131070
Just let it happen in other movies that is not Batman solo movie, I want Under the Red Hood and Court of Owls, goddamn it.
>>
>>81131596
red hood would be better based on the idea that Batman is now more than an urban legend in this universe. It wasn't really established by anything in the movie, but it could neat to see Jason come back to tarnish Batman's new image>>81131596
>>
>>81110290
would also be a good way to re introduce the bat armour
>>
File: Jokah, no tats.png (783 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
Jokah, no tats.png
783 KB, 1280x534
>>81121774
There are pics of him in SS without Tatts like this scene.
>>
>>81125713
>who is TAS Mr Freeze
>>
>>81132153
Maybe it's a flashback
>>
>>81123605
>Burtonman moral code: Let you kill yourself

Really now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IelTUWgMvU

https://youtu.be/XbyGEKKlaKo?t=178
>>
>>81132243
>making mr. freeze a serious character in tas is on par with condiment king grinding people up into condiments.

man /co/ autism is out of control
>>
File: Snyderfags Excuses.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags Excuses.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>81118668
>>81131164
Got you covered familia
>>
>>81111444
>>81112146
>Implying he wont be Jim Gordon
>>
>>81132153
That was for foreign releases. The bizarre thing is that the tattoo is there for the american trailer but not foreign trailers.
>>
>>81111724
>>81111444
Sorry kids, Jason ain't the Joker and never will be the Joker.
>>
>>81132454
i dunno anon after the jimmy to luthor move, i have zero doubt snyder wouldnt force them to do something retarded
>>
File: 1458704817688[1].png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458704817688[1].png
255 KB, 770x711
>>81132397
DELETE THIS
>>
>>81132297
Well, the main Villian of the film is Tattooed man and he's said to be partner in crime with Mr.J so his tattoo may has something to do with Tattooed man
>>
>>81132539
i think im gonna post this in every thread
>>
File: Penguin.jpg (168 KB, 630x377) Image search: [Google]
Penguin.jpg
168 KB, 630x377
>>81112652
>Yes, but what does a hyper edgy, gritty Penguin look like?
>>
>>81120587
I feel like his portion of Knightfall could easily be stretched out and adapted into an intense as fuck movie.
>>
>>81132397
Man, I just watched the Spider-Man trilogy and it's fucking brutal. I would say it's rather darker than TDK trilogy.
>>
>>81132397
oh so we like the nolan trilogy now?funny how things change. anyway BenAffleck is a pretty damned good director last i checked so i am sue the critics who's opinions matter more than your own will give the ok to see it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.