[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pre-hype thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 434x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 434x442
If they manage to get Iron Fist right, it could seriously blow every other series out of the water.

Reminder: it starts production in a couple of weeks.
>>
Will it be a little more light-hearted compared to DD and JJ?
>>
>>81085490
>If they manage to get Iron Fist right

I'm scared, this is the only character (other than Punisher) I'm invested in so I'm very nervous. He's also the least urban character, at least in origin. Please, please get things right.
>>
>>81085566
It's looks to be based on his original Marvel Premiere revenge story, so doubt.

It's also the Netflixverse so double doubt.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 627x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 627x330
>>81085579
Dis, man! The seemly never-ending 'race-wank' really put a dampner on my excitement, but I'm still hype for what's to come.

>Robert Liefeld of all people getting me hype.
>>
>>81085646

Pity. I like that the Netflix shows can get away with more but it would be nice to have a little more levity in some of them.
>>
>>81085820
He gets over it through the help of his friends. I'm sure we'll see chill and goofy Danny later, but not yet.
>>
>>81085819
>The seemly never-ending 'race-wank' really put a dampner on my excitement

Not me, the advantages of not having social networks. They better have fucking Shou Lao in it.
>>
>>81085490
Will he fight a dragon?
>>
>>81085990
I wouldn't mind it so much, if everytime I google search Iron Fist, it's not in my face. And, in EVERY internet hub related to Iron Fist. I mean look at this shit:
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2016/03/with_iron_fist_marvel_and_netflix_make_a_white_man_lord_of_the_urban_jungle.html

This is a time where you have all sorts of videos/fans hyping casuals up about the character, now we have to dodge a 'racial land-mine'. Which shouldn't have been there in the first place. The negativity and pointing of fingers is just exhausting. Probably, won't stop until the Defenders, even then...

I'd imagine we will have Shoa-Lao. He may appear mostly in shadow, though.

If CW can do Grodd, and King Shark, Netflix should be able to do a Dragon for 30 seconds.
>>
>>81086276
Someone did a counter-point to this article.
http://uk.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/03/iron-fist-whitewashing-netflix
>>
>>81086276
its ok to blow them out though, because in most cases when they are complaining and pulling shit out of the air they can fabricate their way to making others look bad
but in this case we actually have volumes and decades of evidence showing they have no idea what they are talking about
>>
This quote from Jeph Loeb gives me hope Danny will be the "Fish out of water" immigrant in America. Like in his earlier series. Don't know how much if an "egg" he's gonna be, probably not the nose ala "Ultimate Spider-Man", but still pretty adorable.

>“Finn wonderfully blends confidence with vulnerability, making him the perfect choice as he struggles to find his place in the world,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel TV, Jeph Loeb.
>>
Daredevil will always be the best because he's my favorite character and the series is a masterpiece, but if we some Bruce Lee style choreographed fighting, I will forever be in Marvel's debt. It's going to be incredible.
>>
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 950x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 950x1425
Ya know what? I hope he keeps the curls (once his hair grows back, I'd think he'd be bald when he returns to America.) just make it a bit blonder. I like it.
>>
>>81086995
Brett Chan is doing the fights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2WaTSIm_c
>>
>>81087007
No that legitimately looks retarded. Also
>more blonde
it's 2016. Blonde hair makes guys look like faggots. Why do you think Cap is only dirty blonde
>>
>>81086995
>Bruce Lee style choreographed fighting
never ever
in my opinion as a career karate man the marco polo choreography was garbage traditional kung fu floaty wire bullshit with no actual martial arts to speak of, and since its the same folks in charge of this show I would expect as much here too

this is what you want
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3i7vYyCXao

this is what you will get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaJ3qwdwCk
>>
>>81087212
As long as it's short, I think it can work. (Would have to anyway, since that's how his hair naturally forms.)

Weird how in the movies Cap's hair is a very muddy Blond, but in all fanart I've seen him in, he's depicted as Super-Blond.
>>
>>81087212
Blond is looks sexy on men
>>
>>81087353
Comics Cap is yellow Blond
>>
>>81087353
It better be short. My worst nightmare is him looking and and sounding like a long haired Surfer faggot like in the ultimate Spidey cartoon.
>>
>>81087434
>said no one ever post 1984
>>
>>81087450
I know that. Comic!Steve fanart is a given, taking about MCU!Steve.
>>
>>81086573
>Maybe the idea isn’t to worry about changing characters for change’s sake, but instead demanding that Marvel invest in the the diverse stable of characters they already have on paper.
At last!
>>
File: prince does not approve.gif (1 MB, 340x432) Image search: [Google]
prince does not approve.gif
1 MB, 340x432
>>81087325
>not wanting a mix of both
>>
>>81087687
Mah mugga. Wuxia in K'un-Lun, down and dirty brawling in the Bronx
>>
>>81087687
This,tbhfam. Why not both.gif
>>
I'm just thinking if Netflix have already paid for the location use of Marco Polo, and "the shoot on location in NYC" deal just says the majority has to be shot there, not a specific percentage. They could easily shoot where MP does. (Kazakhstan?) We may get more K'un-Lunians scenes than expected.

>Potential Wu Ao-Shi episode looks optimistic.
>>
>>81087760
How much of K'un-Lun do you think we're gonna see?
>>
>>81087760
>dirty brawling

That's more Matt's style, but Danny could definitely get a lot grittier on Streetlevel.
>>
>Mfw it's so close to shooting

But, 2017 is so far...
>>
>>81087353
Evans is not a blonde guy, you make him super blond and it will look fake as fuck.

Should have casted a real blonde guy if they wanted Steve to be super blond.
>>
>>81087456
I won't imagine him with hair when he comes back to America, although that depends on how long he took to get there. In the Marvel Premiere issue he goes from leaving K'un-Lun in the Tibean mountains, to BOOM New York City. They'd have to explain that. May travel by boat and on foot.
>>
>>81088907
True, but as long as its not bleach-blond it could work. That shade doesn't look real on anybody.

>I've now been reminded about the Baywatch remake.
>>
>>81087212
He's only a dirty faggot
>>
>>81090316
???
>>
Ranking my expectations from all the Netflix shows.

Daredevil > Heroes for Hire > Iron Fist Punisher> Luke Cage (if he has a really good villain like JJ) > JJ
>>
>>81091169
I think Cottonmouth will be the main villain, or then again it could be Black Mariah. The lack of William Striker casting is puzzling. Could they be saving him?
>>
>>81091267
If it's Cottonmouth, he better wear the fucking Snake outfit.
>>
>>81091402
Pictures of him captured on set show him in a dark-green suit, the lining may be snake, though.
>>
>>81091699
Not good enough. Every single iteration of the character has him wearing the Snake Suit. I better see him wear it, no excuses.
>>
>>81091760
It was too far, but shake something should be there. Maybe his shoes. I guess we'll find out in September. Excited to see Misty Knight, tbqh.
>>
>>81091813
*snake
>>
>>81091813
Is she Hot? Danny deserves the best.
>>
>>81091999
Miss Missick is a very attractive lady. She's the pregnant woman @3:30 and @7:04

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sueR3Douco4
>>
>>81086067
No, but he'll hug it to death.
>>
File: Simone-Missick-Misty-Knight.jpg (148 KB, 900x698) Image search: [Google]
Simone-Missick-Misty-Knight.jpg
148 KB, 900x698
>>81091999
>>81092192
Danny is a lucky man
>>
>>81092508
Nice tight not lard-filled ass. especially for a black person.
>>
>>81085819
Liefeld is love. Lie field is life.
>>
>>81087325
You're acting like theatrical fighting is bad and it's not
>>
>>81092508
Plus, her husband in real life.
>>
>>81087325
That's like complaining bullets in cars don't make them explode.

In movies it does. Wire-fu is a trope, a trope that made the movies IF is based on a thing in the first place.

Not wanting full on wire-fu for Iron Fist is idiotic.
>>
>>81087325
>in my opinion as a career karate man
Oh fucking lol
>>
>>81087325
I think I remember you. You're the guy that teaches karate right?

You are aware that Karate isn't even a real martial art, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 540x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 540x621
Saw him in GoT and he was meh to me, but googling pictures of him, he's actually pretty cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 500x444
>>81093086
I think a new crush may be developing.

<3
>>
>>81093142
>>81093086
Looks like Danny to me. I guess he'll have curly hair, but I'm fine with it. He and Johnny Storm always looked too much alike anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 431x300
>>81093206
He straight up looks like ANAD Danny, especially at his Twinkiest.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 280x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 280x420
>>81093142
I am officially here for this.

How much muscle will he put on, if any?
>>
>>81092650
He also knows more than we do.

>Spill the beans! Tell us more Rob!
>>
>>81093503
Should be a bit twinky and not as buff as Charlie Cox, if only to distinguish the sillouettes.

Although it doesn't really matter because of the costumes.
>>
>>81093722
He should be pretty lean and toned, plus a lot smaller than Luke (because, he's Luke) and Davos. Who like his father is Swole as fuck. I hope they don't make him and Lei Kung small/Asian twink size.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 385x209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 385x209
When we finally see Danisty, it will be fucking adorable.
>>
>>81093722
I hope his costume isn't a padded and panelled mess like Daredevil's. He's costume is traditional K'un-Lunian it should look like cloth. But, Spider-Man is more akin to stretchy spandex, and even he didn't escape the MCU costume treatment. It worries me for Danny's suit.
>>
>>81093086
>>81093142
>>81093503
not really feeling. He kinda odd looking to me. has almost a doucheyness to him.

Not even close to as handsome as Charlie Cox.

Also will Mist Knight have her bionic arm?
>>
>>81093206
Not forgetting Hawkeye.
>>
I wonder If Dan the Man will show up in Luke Cage.
>>
>>81095061
He's rumoured to appear in Luke Cage edisode 13.
>>
>>81094477
It should really just be a re colored alteration of Matts season 1 suit
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 500x281
>>81094743
>Comparing him to Charlie "I have the cutest face evar on a 30-something" Cox

Anon, that's just being unfair and you know it.
>>
>>81095439
Why is he so cute?
>>
>>81094743
Not in the first season, /maybe/ at the end. She might get it in Iron Fist.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
So is the whole "waaahh iron fist should be Asian because marvel is racist for not making kung fu guy Asian because only Asians can do karate amirite? Also I don't know shit about fuck because they made an Asian Kung fu master before iron fist named Shang chi and nobody gave a fuck so please rape my face" over yet?

That shit is so retarded. Retconning Danny as an Asian dude would be like if there was a white hero named "Chicken and Watermelon Man" and people got butt frustrated that he wasn't black. People are so up their own asses.
>>
>>81094743
She better. That'd be fucking stupid if she didn't.
>>
>>81093722
Compare Cox S1 to S2 . He put on a fuck ton of muscle mass since the show started. All those scenes with him and Elektra half naked...huuugggh
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 644x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 644x564
>>81087325
>career karate man

lel
>>
>>81097164
Netflix Marvel has proven itself so much that they will ignore all the internet shit and focus on what they want to do. I could someone bringing it up in a meeting and getting laughed at. They are so spotless thus far that they have separated themselves from what fans say they want and what they actually want.
>>
>>81093086
Oh, I recognize him now. He's Loras Tyrell, right?
>>
>>81097164
Nah, it's calmed down, but articles are still being written. See: Earlier in the thread. It may go into overdrive once promos hit.

The press junket may be one of the most awkward know to man.
>>
>>81097440
Da. Heard his character was butchered. He's mean to be a mighty warrior, that happens to be gay, but the show producers "throw him a bone" when they want a gay sex scene. He can finally show his worth as an actor and portray the warrior he was always meant to portray.
>>
>>81087325
>this is what you will get
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaJ3qwdwCk [Embed]

Good. I so want that. I want bad ass Shaw Bros style clothes ripping kung fu action. Not boring modern bullshit.

Like for me...top tier....perfect situation. Shit like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voD0LZkbEOM
>>
>>81097594
I wish Gordon Liu was still working, put Danny through some 36th chambers style training
>>
>>81097405
Apparently, Marvel had a meeting with Asian-American actors for the role. That was before signing showrunner Scott Buck. Not that Danny would have even been Asian, but it just shows how loud the campaign had gotten.
>>
>>81097652
>36th chambers style
I can dig it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQJbXuyVPQ
>>
>>81097594
Yo, Iron Monkey is fast as shit.
>>
>>81097857
>Danny and Luke freestyling while brawling
I want it
>>
>>81098063
Will they be rapping about Watchmen?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i3tq7gbTlR0
>>
File: image.jpg (389 KB, 1393x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389 KB, 1393x1200
>>81093206
He looks like a privileged white guy.

Note: John Berthal has all the lobes, while Finn Jones has none of the lobes.

>>81094743
>he almost has a douchey feel

So, he looks like a rich douchebag prep? Then it works. As long as he doesn't act like it, is what matters.
>>
>>81098315
what? what?
How is it i have never come across this before?!
>>
>>81097164
It's because Marvel doesn't have an Asian lead, yet. (If Shang gets a show that will change) and because of the strawman article that started this whole thing. Numerous people believe he's a "White Saviour/Mighty Whitey/Great White Hope/Cultural Appropriator". So, an Asian-American Iron Fist sounds like the better alternative. However, these don't really apply to Danny and with the character of Danny Rand that wouldn't have been viable anyway.
>>
>>81091169
Regarding H4H if Luke Cage and Iron Fist are successful, they'll get additional seasons. A H4H show seems unlikely, at least at this point. (Iron Fist has material for multiple seasons, anyway.) They may just cross-over into each other series, frequently.
>>
>>81094477
How many panel breaks do you think his costume will have, /co/?
>>
>>81094477
We need this. With giant lapels, spandex capris pants, and yellow slippers.
>>
>>81099823
We are at a time when cross overs are fucking huge. Flash of fucking supergirl. Defenders was always going to be shorter thsn the rest,8 episodes. So while all 4 can have their shows with sequels the defenders is the once every 20 years cross over
>>
>>81085490
It's probably gonna be unpopular with casuals. People will hate all of the mystical Kung fu stuff just like they hated the Hand in DD.
>>
>>81100842
I'll be honest most of the hand hate i hear comes from folks around here not general people I know who watched season 2.

Most of those were like 'cool, ninjas'.
>>
>>81101001
Yup. People love DD fighting ninjas. But it wasn't that good. What saved it from total collapse (cause face it the Hand has no personality and no draw. They are nooks) is Elektra and Stick. Elektra leading Matt on like a puppy is great. She lies to him every time but he goes every time. Then STick pulls the same shit on her and she goes murder retard.

I think people missed the part about how much alike stick and elektra are.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.