[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decided to marathon Regular Show in my spare time after seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: RS.png (852 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
RS.png
852 KB, 1366x768
Decided to marathon Regular Show in my spare time after seeing it become /co/'s meme buddy.

Wanted to go until I got to a point until it went to shit/gone downhill to see for myself.

I really didn't expect this, Regular Show isn't supposed to be sad as fuck.

>moments before they go to prom her dad says "don't forget, she's someone's little girl"
>>
>>81080158
The show is good, it should have ended 2 seasons earlier though. Beating a dead horse is never good.
>>
>>81080488
Beating a dead horse is everything Cartoon Network is about.
They even dig up the graves of long-dead beloved horses so they can beat then, too.
>>
>>81080488
Only thing going for it is it's finally trying something new next season/this season finale

I'm atleast curious to know where it'll go. Changing the course of a series (that's a quote for the finale) is something CN seems like it has a hard time doing.

Though I'm just speaking for Adventure Time, though it's been steadily working on a change so I hear.

RS has good potential, nice 80's references, a creator who knows what he's doing, and the dating has stopped.
>>
>>81080542
>nice 80's references
That's what all you kids born in the 90's seem to think anyway.
>>
>>81080562
I was born in the freakin' 70's, nice assumptions.

But yes I will agree that's what most of them/the fans think
>>
File: 1456187353078.jpg (17 KB, 353x222) Image search: [Google]
1456187353078.jpg
17 KB, 353x222
>>81080542
Thing is... I think they are trying to end both AT and Regular Show. These new seasons that are "trying new things" I think are the start of the end for the shows. Which I am glad for in a way. As long as they end the show on their terms, I will gladly stay till the end.
>>
>>81080588
I was thinking the same thing, based on the plotline RS is about to do.
>>
What episode is that?
>>
>>81080609
Skips' Story

All of the half hour specials are amazing.
>>
When it isn't shoving it's head up its ass with romance episodes RS is pretty good. I loved Brilliant Century Duck Crisis
>>
>>81080661
I've recently started to decide it was a character arc thing.

While Rigby was bettering himself by graduating, getting with Eileen and not bragging or really ever mentioning it (it even shocked Mordecai) and all that, Mordecai was stuck in a rut between 2 girls and kept fucking up.

I'd rather look at it that way, but I know JG just thought it was fine up until the recent-er season.
>>
>>81080158
Just skip all the muscle man episodes
>>
>>81080751
Trucker Hall of Fame was damn good, though.

There are people here who still watch it? I thought /co/'s usage of it turned everyone away (plus the romance itself)

I thought everyone here hated it.
>>
>>81080782
I think most of /co/ with an opinion of themselves on it think the earlier seasons were atleast fine.
>>
>>81080721
>Mordecai was stuck in a rut between 2 girls and kept fucking up
Now he's single again.
>>
>>81081441
As Rigby put it, just stop dating, he doesn't have to, and he should just focus on himself.
>>
How bad of an idea would it be to have a Regular Show general?
>>
>>81081760
very bad, we should probably just stick to Talkback Threads. Adventure Time doesn't even have a general.
>>
>>81080782
I've been catching up on it recently and it still seems fun and funny outside of the Loser Mordecai stuff. Just Friends was even a good way to finish that stuff off.
>>
someone post the wedding scene
>>
>>81082510
wow that's new
>>
I'm still shocked this show is among the most hated on the site.
>>
>that episode where Margaret suffers a miscarriage
>>
I used to love this show around seasons 1 and 2, but dropped it after season 4. It seemed that they tried to do too much with it; it went from two guys on PG stoner adventures to crazy paranormal events and boring romantic subplots. I especially feel that they ruined Margaret by having her show interest in Mordecai, as the original joke was her being completely oblivious to his advances.

Anyways, is there anything worth watching from season 5 onwards? I'd like to watch a couple episodes for the nostalgia trip.
>>
>>81084689
Watch the movie first, I'm curious what you'll say about it.
>>
>>81080721
>not bragging

He wanted to (and did when he revealed it) but Eileen didn't want people to know

And Rigby's character arc is shoddy as fuck. He doesn't want to improve for himself, he does it for Eileen, despite what he claims. With her out of the picture, he would probably become more like he used to be.
>>
>>81085594
>He wanted to
Yes but he didn't for the longest time

>Eileen didn't want people to know
she just didn't want him bothering Mordecai about it, he likes to pester him with anything new.

>He doesn't want to improve for himself, he does it for Eileen, despite what he claims
no, he actually wants to better himself, the "despite what he claims" shit is just trying to "in your favor" the situation. If he was like he used to be, he wouldn't go through that constant bullshit that he has just to graduate. He told her, for her, and for him.

With her out of the picture he never would have been motivated to do it, he seemed fine with it until he realized the problem with being a drop out failure.

Eileen helped him out and to realize he needs to better himself, he's not doing it in worry he'll loose her, he was a little worried at first but that was part of the motivation.
>>
With the way mordecai and rigby are in sync without any pre-knowledge of what the other will say, and how often they do, do you think they will find a job singing or something at the end of the series?
>>
>>81086063
I always thought it would be cool if they found work writing jingles. I wouldn't even mind if it was just something they did for an episode, fucked up, and went back to the park at the end.
>>
>>81085842
i think thats a good thing, Eileen is a good woman, and Rigby just needed a push mordecai or his parents wouldnt give him to better his life, we all meet a lot of shady bad people often that want to take you down a bad path, its rare to meet a good person that wants to take you onto a good path without involving JESUS, fuck religious nuts man
>>
>>81080542
>Dating has stopped
Well, Rigby and Eileen are dating. It's just Rigby's 100x better at it than Mordecai, and he actually lets it make him a better person.
>>
So i stopped watching the show awhile ago. Whats happening so far
>>
>>81080542
Honestly it feels like RS should've tried something new some seasons ago when they still had their audience

Now it'll be hard to get the audience back because they've been turned off by the romance shit that the show dropped only recently
>>
>>81085842
>he wants to better himself
>shit is just trying to "in your favor" the situation.

He didn't want to better himself until he thought she would eventually leave him. And then just saying "I really want to do it for me as well" is enough to convince you, by a character that is constantly shown to half ass things and be clingy to people or jealous?

And what he did he do with his high school graduation thing? He didn't improve himself, just got through by luck, cheating and plot convenience.

>>81086708
>better
>thinks his girlfriend will leave him because of her manifest she wrote and everyone had a laugh about when she read it out loud

U-huh. Also good that he was in exactly the same situations like his friend, right? Rigby didn't get with EiIleen because of himself, but because he is just plain lucky.
>>
>>81086708
I think it's cute.

Throughout the past few seasons he started hanging out with her more and trying to help her do things, before it was ever said they were dating.

It was so fucking cute
>that episode where he goes all out to surprise her
fucking nice

>>81086759
It's not possible to explain the plot of Regular Show and it's continuity throughout seasons with 4chan's comment limit (and the limit of reading before you get bored) so I'll simplify it the best I can, hopefully I don't miss anything.

Every (other?) season there's some baby ducks story, the most recent was a half hour anime-influenced battle special, pretty rad too.

Thomas was a former intern for a few seasons but turned out to be a russian spy, who was lied to about the reason they were to steal the park, later he shows up as cameos but they helped him escape the USA or something in guys Night 2

Season 7 has Mordecai stop dating after recent, Eileen and Rigby are dating without much comments on it and over-use

Season 7 plot to change the course of the series has started slowly with some connections being made, something that involves the beginning of the show's aspects (like Cheezers) and the East Pines Park manager Gene, "Park" manager Malleard, and some Dome guy. It's very complicated, but the only few times it's been connected is through

"Park Manager's Lunch"
A guy called stephen is told he's a screw up, not much to it

"The Dome Experiment Special"
all of it to kick it off, Stephen again returns and screws up a knock-out dart

"Chili Cook Off"
more background stuff shown to what's happening, Benson again overlooks it all.

Through it we learn Cheezers, tants, and a few other corporations are "shell" ones.
>>
>>81080562
Actually, i was born in the 80s. The 90s never really clicked well with me. The 80s had better music, better movies, better fashion, and worse cartoons.
>>
>>81086931
>cheezers and jimbros burritos.
FUCKING SHIT MAN I LOVE THEIR BURRITOS
>>
>>81080636
Skips story was actually fucking awful
>>
>>81087411
don't be like that
>>
>>81080542
>trying something new
What?
>>
File: 1375136101815.png (119 KB, 438x301) Image search: [Google]
1375136101815.png
119 KB, 438x301
The reason people don't watch it as much or think it's as good as it was even though its actually been consistently good season to season is because people don't like cringe humor.

It's just too awkward for most people from all the projection I hear thrown at Mordecai and by extension to some people Quintel.
I bet Quintel is one of those guys who can genuinely laugh at himself, Not the virgin cuck some people project onto to him.

Also I find Muscle Man pretty funny people just got a bitter taste in their mouth because one month a bunch of episodes were aired out of order which happened to be Muscle Man episodes.
>>
>>81087676
>that last part
really?

Also most of the cringe "jokes" were related to the betacai shit. Sometimes it was genuine supposed to be a joke, but most of the time it was a part of the relationship crap which no one should like completely at the very least.
>>
File: 1347791784487.jpg (207 KB, 700x864) Image search: [Google]
1347791784487.jpg
207 KB, 700x864
>>81087881
Compared to other shows relationships in Regular Show are fairly mundane and realistic, So I think you're supposed to ether relate or laugh at Mordecai when he turns into Betacai but sometimes it's over done and it's not as funny as it could be.
>>
>>81087676
I've seen /co/ pull a 180 on a lot of things but nothing like what happened with Muscle Man.
>>
>>81088466
I think it's satire or some other word. Like a soap.

For a long time I was interested and held out, really wanted to enjoy just having some tension.

It got boring for me way after it did for everyone else. I guess I just have a different tolerance level.
>>
File: don't.gif (926 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
don't.gif
926 KB, 960x540
Anyone else notice how the show seems to go out of its way to occasionally point out how hot Margaret is supposed to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gZkkPCaAbA
>>
What's the best episode and why it's the karaoke ep?
>>
>>81089670
I can't decide, really, but the only notable part of that episode was footloose scene.

There's a lot of episodes like Duck Crisis where it's mostly or all just one big event.
>>
File: thetruth.gif (734 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
thetruth.gif
734 KB, 960x540
>>81089523
>>
>>81089523
Why do you keep saying this bullshit and changing up the picture like this between threads
>>81091682
>>
>>81091731
Because they aren't worth starting threads over.
>>
>>81089523
>>81091682

Margaret is like the only character I know from western animation that is given large boobs for the sole purpose of making her "hot". I mean aside from straight up pure sex appeal characters like Jessica Rabbit who are just drawn curvy all over.

Margaret isn't really drawn all that provocatively, but she's clearly given giant knockers so the audience knows "this bird is supposed to be something you want to fuck". How come large busts aren't used more often as visual shorthand for sexy ladies?
>>
>>81080158
well the problem with that episode was we had this whole 'skips only fell in love once, and she changed his life and his name and his behavior and he never loved again'
and it turns out he knew her for like a week
>>
>>81092588
It's my pet peeve when characters are "in love" after only a week or month of knowing each other. It's so fleeting and unimportant. Like you'd be torn up, but you'd definitely probably get over it.
>>
File: 1344672957255.jpg (2 KB, 125x66) Image search: [Google]
1344672957255.jpg
2 KB, 125x66
>>81093517
While the first "phase" of a love is shallow for most people it is also the most influential, So imagine if the person you just entered in a relationship dies on you.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.