[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Lex Luthor be fat or muscular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: lexluthor.jpg (563 KB, 795x1216) Image search: [Google]
lexluthor.jpg
563 KB, 795x1216
Should Lex Luthor be fat or muscular?
>>
He shouldn't be whatever that was in BvS.
>>
>>81065281
/tread
>>
Muscular.
He should be peak human but still not as good as Supes.
Like Ozymandias next to Dr. Manhattan.
>>
>>81065346
Muscular, because he wants to be peak human.

Fat Luthor is just Kingpin.
>>
Him being fat makes more sense if you want to add to his jealousy of Superman being a perfect being.
>>
He should have a piss fetish.
>>
>>81065262
I either like skinny Luthor, slightly chubby Luthor (like, not fat, but maybe with a beer belly), or fit Luthor.

Actually fat Luthor is just Kingpin.
>>
>>81065418
Yeah, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Luthor takes what he wants. If he's fat and jealous of Superman he'll just get buff.
So I guess I'm saying he should start out fat.
>>
>>81065262

I own this shit, is actually really good.
>>
>>81065262
He should be black
>>
>>81065418
Not really. In ASSM, he bragged to Clark about how muscular he got through working out while Superman didn't have to work for it.
>>
>>81065396
>>81065520
Luthor as a character predates Kingpin by a couple of decades though.
>>
File: president_lex.jpg (68 KB, 468x436) Image search: [Google]
president_lex.jpg
68 KB, 468x436
>>81065262
He should be fit. Like, he is trying to be the ideal specimen of humanity.

I'm open to other interpretations of the character but that's how I've always seen him.
>>
>>81065592
So? Fat bald guy is Kingpin. He owns the identity now.
>>
>>81065592
But he wasn't anything like Kingpin before Kingpin. For a while he wasn't fit but not to the extent of Kingpin. Kingpin-lite Luthor happened when Byrne and Wolfman worked on the character.
>>
>>81065262

I'm sick of Frank Miller shit. Give me a Lex that is the dark side of Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>81065262
It would make sense for him to be of average build or slightly overweight. He's just a rich dude, but I like his Justic League representation the best. Light skinned black dude who is tall and lean.
>>
>>81065721
You mean Hush?
>>
>>81065262

You could do both and make him a powerlifter.
>>
I don't care if he's fat or fit, he should never have a plan that resorts too " and then I'll physically fight Superman"
>>
>>81065262
I like the idea of him starting fat, but then getting into top physical condition as his war with Superman continues. It shows the irony that his hate for Superman has made him strive to be better, but with awful direction.
>>
Muscular, I love Sex Luthor
>>
Muscular but not extremely so. Not like a bodybuilder or anything.

He can start out as a more thin, fit guy who is inspired by his hatred of Superman to get himself as close as he can to peak humanity.

He should never be fat.
>>
File: luthor-superman-animated1.png (216 KB, 665x475) Image search: [Google]
luthor-superman-animated1.png
216 KB, 665x475
The only look Luthor should have.
>>
>>81065418
I don't know if that matters. You still get that if he's built and can't appreciate himself because of Superman. He's insecure as fuck in general.
>>
>>81065262
A bit of both.
>>
File: Lex-Luthor-II.jpg (220 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
Lex-Luthor-II.jpg
220 KB, 300x416
Fat Luthor was good cause I loved the angle of being a powerful tycoon who used his money and influence to indiscriminately wreck peoples lives for fun, but always had so great PR that everyone thought him to be the saviour of the city.

I liked the whole Lex II idea too, even if the cloning was retarded. He was making rash choices due to youth getting in his head, spoke with this aussie accent and had the most incredible hair. Plus he was banging Supergirl. He was in the thick of the action more often than other Luthors, and only as a technician, not some tech wizard warlord.

I always wished that they'd eventually get him to change and redeem his old self by genuinely becoming good. His reactions during the Superman Death & Return arcs were great, and felt a little like a closure.

And then DC pulled their own clone saga and turned him into 40 Cakes Luthor via magical deus ex machina (aka Neron).
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjM0MDYyNjAzNzg4.jpg (77 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjM0MDYyNjAzNzg4.jpg
77 KB, 1200x1200
>>81066060
He wasn't supposed to be black, he was supposed to look Greek. They used Telly Savalas as a reference.
>>
>>81065262
it's funny because he's varied the least of most comics characters in my eyes, from different adaptations... EXCEPT this detail. the classic one looks just like my beloved DCAU except that weird fatness around the neck and little stubby fatguy chin. even if his body wasnt fat. it's weird man. i cant imagine clanky brown voicing the chubfaced luthor.
i guess i'd rather we have fit luthor and then just.. have kingpin appear more/at all in marvel stuff
>>
>>81066340
Yes! Let's make Lex Luthor and Hush the same person.
>>
>As a huge Morrison fag

Lex represents the best of humanity. He is the most competitive son of a bitch. He can't lose in anything. Not in physical looks, intelligence, wealth, influence. He doesn't like to be second best, which is why he hates Superman.

Superman is an impassible barrier. A constant reminder to Lex that he will always be second best no matter what as long as Superman stays alive.
>>
>>81065531
>So I guess I'm saying he should start out fat.
This would make the most sense. He starts out comfortable with himself as the fat cat businessman who owns and runs Metropolis, but when Superman shows up - the way he takes care of himself is suddenly shaped by envy. He tries cutting the weight down, achieving physical 'human perfection', maybe even begins seriously applying himself to hands-on super science himself to really showcase his true intellectual potential, rather than paying a bunch of nameless labcoats to pull that weight themselves.

The whole "idyllic human being" shit shouldn't start at all until after Superman comes around, though. He's way too closed-minded and egocentric to believe he wasn't fine on his own until somebody genuinely better than him in every way ones up him without even trying.
>>
Muscular. Luthor, as J'onn himself said, represents both the best and worst that humanity has to offer.

Driven, gifted, incredible ingenuity and insight, and an incredible will... but at the same time, greedy, obsessive, self-centered, and spiteful to the bitter end.

A proper Luthor would strive to be the peak of a human both in mind and body.
>>
File: 1439600277423.jpg (74 KB, 504x735) Image search: [Google]
1439600277423.jpg
74 KB, 504x735
>>
>>81065262
no.then he would be King pin
>>
File: luthor.jpg (873 KB, 1851x2676) Image search: [Google]
luthor.jpg
873 KB, 1851x2676
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.