[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where the fuck was his radar sense? Even if he couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: 1446406807446.jpg (113 KB, 746x737) Image search: [Google]
1446406807446.jpg
113 KB, 746x737
So where the fuck was his radar sense? Even if he couldn't hear the Hand ninjas heartbeats or anything, wouldn't they still have registered on his radar? It felt like they dialed his senses back a little bit this time around.
>>
They're ninjas. That was the point, smart one.
>>
Didn't you watch season 1?
>>
>>81058601

It doesn't work like a literal radar
>>
I'm just wondering why he didn't smell Grotto's massive stomach wound in the first episode.
>>
>>81058788
seems like he could have used active sonar though like that one kid IRL
not that I know jack shit about daredevil, mind
>>
>>81058788

If he could see immobile objects and shoot pool balls, he should have been able to see a ninja standing 3 feet behind him, regardless of heart beat.
>>
>>81058601
it's a legit question. Hopefully season 2 of punisher will be better.
>>
>>81058601
He doesn't have echolocation like in the comics, that was pretty clear from season one.

But they did play fast and loose with his powers this season. It's implied pretty heavily that his senses are dulling through the first half of the season-- he couldn't smell or feel his own blood in the first episode, he couldn't sense Punisher's gun on his ankle before he got shot, then in the following episode he loses his hearing all together for a beat, not to mention Grotto's wound.
>>
>>81058890
>he should have been able to see

He's blind

he doesn't "see" anything

What he can detect is from his enhanced hearing, smell, taste, and feel. Everyone assumes he has some kind of radar like it's a video game, but that isn't the case. He just has all of his other senses enhanced beyond normal human range
>>
>>81058601
it was a 'shit on matt' season.
>>
>>81058890
>he should have been able to see a ninja standing 3 feet behind him
What part of "ninja" do you not understand?
>>
>>81058855
i wonder how that works
as i understand it, humans don't have stereoscopic hearing, our ears face out to the sides. that's why ventriloquism works so well on us, we have trouble telling exactly precisely where sound is coming from, even if we have a vague idea
we DEFINITELY dont have the ability to tell fine details from sound
>>
>>81058601
I am more interested in why his senses were going haywire and then stopped. I hoped there would be him re-mastering his senses sub-plot, but it was literally used for him to conveniently pass out in episode 2 and then completely forgotten.
>>
>>81058601
is that batman??
>>
File: 960.jpg (47 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
47 KB, 960x540
>>81058961
ok
>>
>>81058961
World on fire
>>
>>81059008
i thought so at first too but he never kills anyone
>>
>>81059043
>>81059064

That's how it looks inside his head when he imagines what he hears around him and smells.

He doesn't see like a normal person does. Not with his eyes.
>>
>>81059043
They're undead Magic ninjas, he could track their swords fairly well but even when they where running they where fairly quiet other than their breath which Stick had to told him to look out for. Claire, Frank, Fisk, and even Nobu in S1 with his chain weapon was able to be seen by him because Nobu and Fisk didn't know he was blind and just fought him like a normal dude. I can't wait for Bullseye.
>>
>>81058890

Combat fatigue, not the ptsd but the put through his limits kind.

It was more implied to me that he knew they were there but not where they were in the there once he was aware.

Heartbeat gives him a center mass. Hearing the weapons let's him know where it is and an arm is. Finally listening for the breath was a head shot.

As has been pointed out he doesnt have radar sense here. And his other senses combined give him a world of spaghetti. Lotta places for a Hand to hide in that.
>>
>>81059069
I always thought Daredevil WOULD kill if absolutely nessecary or if he was pushed far enough like that one time he Killed Bullseye.
>>
>>81059043
>>81059064
That is not what he sees you idiot. He explains it pretty clearly, all his senses make an image, again he cannot see shit.

He just imagines what's around him by painting a picture of what he detects. Ninjas had no heartbeat so no sound, so it's harder to paint them.

The weird stuff is how he couldn't smell them. If you are japanese you smell like japanese food all the time, no intended racism towards japanese people, it's natural, we all sweat our food. That and maybe he should be able to taste something in the air like he did blood past season.

But come one, he needed ninjas to be a challenge somehow.
>>
>>81058998
The human brain can get quite a lot out of those ears.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_localization#Sound_localization_by_the_human_auditory_system
>For determining the lateral input direction (left, front, right) the auditory system analyzes the following ear signal information:
>Interaural time differences (ITD): Sound from the right side reaches the right ear earlier than the left ear. The auditory system evaluates interaural time differences from
>Phase delays at low frequencies
>group delays at high frequencies
>Interaural level differences (ILD): Sound from the right side has a higher level at the right ear than at the left ear, because the head shadows the left ear. These level differences are highly frequency dependent and they increase with increasing frequency.
>Localization accuracy is 1 degree for sources in front of the listener and 15 degrees for sources to the sides. Humans can discern interaural time differences of 10 microseconds or less.
Seems likely that you can train it to become better at evaluating these cues, too.

You can even simulate them on people wearing headphones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-related_transfer_function
If you have a pair on hand, give this a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA
>>
>they don't have hearts, so you can't hear their heartbeats
Okay...
>but you can sure as hell hear they exhaling!

Exhaling what? They don't need heart but they need their lungs?
>>
>>81059244
Well they are Undead, at least I think they are. So maybe they don't eat.
>>
>>81059244
>If you are japanese you smell like japanese food all the time
even if you're a magic undead ninja?
>>
>>81059292
functional hearts*
>>
>>81059292
I'm not gonna be picky about it, Maybe there's some reason for that, I thought maybe him listening for their muscles or tendons moving would have been a cool idea but I dunno.
>>
>>81059294
>Well they are Undead, at least I think they are.

They are. They're dead people resurrected by the hand. Which means there's and element of magic at work there. Probably explains why Matt didn't detect the smell of rotting flesh, and could also explain their quiet nature in general. Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
They were so desperate not to give him a definable superpower which does make for more interesting writing but now it's biting them straight up in the ass.
>>
>>81059249
not that anon but that was a trip. thanks for sharing this.
>>
>>81058961

Of course he doesn't "see". However, he can still perceive objects that are stationary, and non-living, based on how ambient sound bounces off of them. That's how he is able to accurately traverse rooftops, hop over ledges, etc. he can, essentially "see" his surroundings through a form of echolocation/radar.

That said, I've never actually read a daredevil comic, so I could very well be wrong.
>>
>>81059471
I always thought his super hearing and agility where his sort of powers, Daredevil is street level he's gotta have some weaknesses, He's not Cap, or Iron Man after all. I hope there is a Spiderman Crossover episode or Cameo but I highly doubt it'd happen. Despite Daredevil being very successful, vastly more Successful than Agents of SHIELD and Jessica Jones.
>>
>>81059176
>>81059244
And again, World on Fire is how he describes putting everything together. The original poster doesn't mean it's how he literally sees things, but that he can still create an image of whatever everything is like around him. So in the case of immobile objects, like the pool balls, he's still piecing it all together of what everything looks like and can put an image in his head that lets him know where they all are.

And with the Ninjas, even if they're silent, sound will still bounce. And this will either create one of two effects, either it'll give him the mental image of nothing (magic, special clothes to create some sort of sound void) in which case he should still have a basic idea of where they are, or the sound will still bounce off them like normal, and he should still create a mental image of them like normal.
>>
>>81059484
So what about the Ninjas then? I realize they where quiet, and by the time he could hear them punching at him it was too late.
>>
>>81058998
Some blind people actually can use echolocation to navigate like a bat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IKT2akh0Ng
>>
File: 1434070119245.jpg (70 KB, 600x326) Image search: [Google]
1434070119245.jpg
70 KB, 600x326
>>81058961

Daredevil's one established "power" is his radar sense, which has been described as him "touching" everything around him within a certain radius. He can't actually see, but he has a sense of the basic shapes and outlines of his surroundings. It doesn't work through windows or on screens, though, which he perceives as just a flat, featureless surface.

Depending on the writer, it's either its own separate sense that replaces his sight, or what his brain processes using his remaining senses.
>>
>>81058601

I assumed that the Punisher shot to the head fucked up his senses, not just in the episode where it happened, but for the entire series.

He just never took the time to actually heal properly.
>>
>>81058851
Josie's stench is too powerful to detect anything through it.
>>
>>81059545
>The original poster doesn't mean it's how he literally sees things
Might actually be, though. It's possible for people to go blind, but still think they can see. They come up with all kinds of excuses why they don't want to tell you how many fingers you're holding up or why they keep walking into walls. It's kind of fucking scary, really.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton–Babinski_syndrome
The reverse exists, too, where people can't consciously see, but their eyes still provide subconscious information. So they can walk down a hallway, think they can't see shit, but still avoid any obstacles in that hallway for no good reason visible to them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindsight
>>
>>81059550

Sound still bounces off a ninja. He should have been able to perceive them through ambient noise, like himself stepping, water dripping from the ceiling, and stuff like that.
>>
>>81059721

You know, I just might take that. Every time Matt goes to Josie's, he's almost actually blind because of the overpowering stench of piss, booze, and god knows what else clogging up his senses.
>>
>>81059759
Maybe the point of their ninja clothing is to absorb sound, like in those echo free rooms.
>>
>>81058601
He can hear the movement of air, like how he got out of the basement in season 1. He should be able to detect the air currents that they disrupt by moving..
>>
>>81059665
This

I'm pretty sure Matt had a fucking concussion from getting shot point blank in the head. It was never implied that his powers were going away
>>
>>81060036
You know, for a bullet timer, he has a hard time fighting regular people. They really nerfed him for this series.
>>
>>81058601

Because the ninjas have magic silence power or something.
>>
Tried starring a thread about it and no one answered: what was the blood for? It seems like they were going to use it to revive Elektra, but they were collecting it before she died.
>>
>>81059625

Ive always found this kind of dumb.

Its infinitely more interesting to think of it in terms of how human brains actualy fucking work.

Nothing you see and experience is reality. Its an interpretation of reality filtered through perception.

Out brains are equally as deceptive as they are perceptive.

We paint a picture in our minds through our perceptions.

Look into blind people and deaf people and their brains adapt perfectly to the senses they do have.

Blind men have been known to have perfect pitch and interpretation of sound.

The deaf are excellent at reading facial expression and lips.

Because their brains adapt.

Imagine having every sense turned up to 11 apart from your eyes. Thats still an insane amount of information and you probably would internally picture something resembling reality(as some blind people do report).

A mishmash of smells, sounds, and tactile experience.
All painting an internal mental picture.

A "world on fire" sounds like an accurate description to what that mast "look" like to a blind man.
>>
REMINDER THAT HUMAN ECHOLOCATION IS A REAL THING, AND THAT THERE ARE SOME KIDS WITH BETTER SENSE THAN DAREDEVIL: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_echolocation

Can't make this shit up desu senpai.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.