[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw Batman V Superman. There was an advanced screening at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14
Just saw Batman V Superman.
There was an advanced screening at my local theater, anyway I liked it.
It was not the best Superhero movie ever but it had some enjoyable scenes and was overall a decent film.
If there are any questions I will answer them to the best of my ability without giving spoilers
>>
For anyone that wants spoilters:
JAR OF PISS
>>
>>81035407
>It wasn't the best

>It had some enjoyable scenes

>overall a decent films

things people say about shit movies to try to justify paying for the ticket
>>
>>81035641
Sure if that's what you think anon, personally I haven't enjoyed a superhero film in awhile and this was the only one I recently enjoyed since GOTG 2. Though I think that was still better than this for other reasons
>>
File: 1457577676856.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1457577676856.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>81035810
>GOTG 2
>>
>>81035810
You are a made up person
>>
>>81035512
how does one make a detonator out of a jar of piss?
>>
>>81035864
>>81035890
sorry typo, I meant to say GOTG 1
>>
>>81035810
Hello future man. Did Snyder get fired for this blunder or is the JL as bad as BvS?
>>
>>81035909
You put the jar on top of a killswitch
>>
>>81035909
It was wasn't the jar that blew up, that was just there as a fuck you
>>
>>81035407
Did you like Man of Steel?
>>
>>81035994
actually not really, I mean I didn't right out hate it but it clearly had a lot of problems as a film
>>
>>81035948
>Did Snyder get fired for this blunder
We can hope. It's the only way to save the franchise. Someone said we should start up a petition to get him removed from the films once they're wide released. Push it on social media, wait for the media to pick it up, and watch the signatures pile up and Snyder's career collapse.
>>
>>81035407
I've heard in a review that Batman kills people in this movie and the movie doesn't explain why. Is this true? Are people just saying that because it just looks like he could be or is he very blatantly executing people?
>>
>>81035407
A friend of mine just came back from a screening and is saying Batman fucking kills people. Like, mows them down with the Batmobile and shoots shit up with the car's machine gun. Is that true?
>>
>>81036209
it's hard to tell, I mean one could make the argument that he is but we we never see an bodies that I noticed. I mean sure he is using guns in some scenes but that could easily be chocked up to rubber bullets or some bullshit like in the comics
>>
>>81036277
He does shoot shit with the machine gun on the car, whether people die or not is up to interpretation, no bodies are shown
>>
>>81036209
>>81036277
killmind
>>
Is there anything really left to spill at this point?
>>
>>81036320
Could it be just an Arkham Knight type situation, with rubber bullets and shit?
>>
>>81036209
>>81036282
the only scenes where he blatantly kills people are in the dream sequence. There are a couple of times where he uses his vehicle guns to destroy cars with bads in them. There's also a scene where he indirectly kills some henchmen and uses their guns during combat but the film doesn't make a make it an obvious point to show him killing/not killing.
>>
>>81036367
That's what I was presuming, I mean we see no bodies and I think people are just looking for something to hate
>>
>>81036461
Oh boy, that's a fucking decade's worth of discussion/shitposting material.
>>
What's Lex's motivation? Because people are saying he just does all this for the lulz.
>>
How does Snyder damage control Bats killing? "Well this is a Greek epic. And people kill in Greek epics. Batman's Hades, so the god of the underworld has to kill."
>>
>>81036461
rate the performances of

>Eisenberg(heard mixed things about him)

>Cavill

>Affleck

>Irons

>Adams

if someone split the film up into 20-50 minute episodic chunks for each character(50 mins for batman, 20 for lex, 40 for Supes), would that improve the narrative?
>>
>>81036282
What? They way people been talking about this make it sound like snapping necks
>>
>>81036614

everyone was alright except for luthor. disgusting portrayal of an otherwise pretty sane character

he was basically joker-tier insane
>>
>>81036557
He kind of does, his main goal was to bring Superman down a notch and to get a fight going between the Batman and Superman to entice them to kill each other for the hell of it
>>
>>81036625
I don't know what people were expecting and at this point I feel like people are hating because it's either not Marvel or because it's Snyder and I really don't fully understand it
>>
>>81036654
can you answer my other question about editing it into episodes?

Did you like it better than TFA?
>>
>>81036654
Yeah I would agree with this, however Eisenberg can make it work in a sequel if he shows a level of this interaction with Superman jading him or something
>>
>>81035909
wheelchair guy blew himself up
>>
>>81036752
I personally liked it better than the Force Awakens overall.
However I liked certain things better in Force Awakens, for example the fight scenes in Force Awakens feel better paced and are spaced between key plot points better.
>>
>>81035641
So every film has to be 10/10 no flaws otherwise it's shit? Nothing can be just OK?
>>
>>81036738

it's because of the pacing. loved man of steel but the first half was really off because there were a thousand scenes with no relevance to one another. the second half was great though

>>81036752

don't know whether I understand you correctly but NOT having everything split up into thousand scenes would definitely improve the movie. cut the amount in half and there ya go

>Did you like it better than TFA?

DEFINITELY. TFA was a piece of dogshit. In my eyes, BvS was great, especially the second half but I think mainstream audiences will think it's too much to handle which is also plausible. I think the only thing where I would have wanted a better explanation was why the hell lex thought putting zod into the water mixed with his blood was a good idea or an idea at all
>>
>>81035938
>GOTG 1
Uh huh, why include the one at all? OP already proven to be a liar.
>>
>>81036614
Eisenberg

Not the Luthor you expect from the comic books, i can see this portrayal evolving to become more like the comicbooks. He is a spiteful man, who is unhinged with blatant father issues. He seems to suffer from social anxiety or some disorder. I thought he made for an entertaining villain, and his mannerisms aside, this one scene where he actually gets to gloat towards superman cemented him as a villain i loved to hate.

Affleck
Affleck did a good job portraying both Bruce Wayne and batman, and the movie actually showcases how Bruce Wayne isn't just some front but also a tool for Batman to use. This is shown when he uses his status and position to be in places to gather intel where the batman would be less successful. Alfred points this out as well. In my opinion Affleck made the best portrayal of Batman we've seen on screens so far.

Cavill
The script didn't lend much room for Cavill to show his range, but he is as much a superman as he was in Man of Steel, except here he is actually in a more relatable conflict compared to MoS.
There were a few moments in this movie (outside of action beats) where i thought to myself "This is superman!" while grinning

Irons
Best live-action alfred we have had to date. It's comics alfred but presented as more rugged. He has some of the funniest lines in the movie, acting ever as sarcastic as the comic book version and acting in-part as Bruces conscience.

Adams
I never cared much for Lois in MoS, in this movie she's relatable in her motivations and her scenes are enjoyable. Her interactions with Lex is fun and i found myself actually really enjoying her scenes, something i can't say for MoS
>>
>>81035909
It was an inside job
>>
File: 1442393626197.jpg (185 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
1442393626197.jpg
185 KB, 500x685
>>81035407
Ticket stub picture or GTFO.
>>
>>81036890
I meant; is it possible to edit out Superman and create a Batman; Batman v Superman that would only be an hour or so long without Superman, Lex, or Louis included?
>>
>>81035407
>It was not the best Superhero movie ever but it had some enjoyable scenes and was overall a decent film.

The "saving face" sentence for bad movies. "It's not really THAT bad...I mean it's better than cancer, right?"
>>
File: 20160323_221515.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160323_221515.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>81036948
Here you go
>>
>>81035909
The jar of piss was a callback to an earlier scene where the senator denies Luthors request to have the discovered Kryptonite sample brought overseas to be used as a Superman deterrent. This denial was based in the senator looking through Luthors plan by calling him out on this just being an excuse to use it as a tool of assasination.

The jar of piss is there to show Luthors spitefulness but also to mock the senator who thanks to Wallaces testimony creates the summit to question superman, which in turn blows up in her face (literally) when wallace is used as a suicide bomber by luthor.
It's 50% a joke and 50% a showcase of the kind of person Lex is.
>>
>>81036995

well, without lex and superman, none of the plot would be possible, would it?
>>
>>81035407
A friend of mine said he felt Flash's presence was shoehorned. How did you feel about it, OP?
>>
>>81036614
>Eisenberg
The creepiest Luthor to date. Think Ledgers Joker mixed with fear toxin affected scarecrow from batman begins. It was weird to watch because there were a few scenes where he was terrifying and a lot where it felt WAY over the top. Also, story wise, he knows who bats and supes really are. So no chance of Kent/Luthor banter.

>Cavill
He did alright. Definitely wasn't the stand out performance but he wasn't given a lot of development screen time either. There is a scene where he's watching a news report on his actions which was pretty good. I'm glad they actually got doomsday to kill him.

>Affleck
Solid performance. Bens a great batman and Bruce Wayne but we'll have to wait for the next film to see if he will be THE definitive batman. The batman Wonder Woman interactions were really good, bens got good chemistry with gadot even if she felt a little wooden at times.

>Irons
Awesome Alfred. Very hands on, building and fixing shit in the batcave. Kind of the cynical voice of reason to batmans burning will. Irons played it really well and I hope we see a little of his backstory in the solo batman film. It was great to see Alfred/bats working as team (alfred guiding him through lexs mansion).

>Adams
Better than she was in man of steel. Mostly used as a plot device so she didn't really have many stand out scenes. I didn't really like her in MoS but I did in this.
>>
>>81037173
you tell me

http://imgur.com/rY3FExw
>>
>>81037173
It seemed somewhat shoehorned, but could be necessary depending how future movies take it and how important it may be to a future plot point
>>
>>81037182
What did you think of the Flash scene after the Knightmare? What about the Cyborg and Aquaman clip? Loved the introduction of Aquaman just being his glowing eyes in the water before the full reveal. Also, that Motherbox induced body-horror.
Really liked the Parademon designs too.
>>
>>81037173
the flash future message was fucking weird and felt really out of place. Retrospectively it might be alright when we see it in the JL film but I think they should have left the flash cameo as the cctv. Also Miller is still rocking his hippie look as flash and his Mexican mo looked hilarious in the flash mask.
>>
>>81035512
>>81035909
Holy shit, what the fuck?
>>
So do you see Flash's suit in the dream sequence when he comes to warn Bruce or whatever? What was it like?

>>81037256
Oh wow, I thought he changed his hair for the role?
>>
>>81037286
I'm curious if Barry was referring to Superman in his message or wether his message was in regards to a different, not yet introduced character. Would that mean that Barry caused the fight by inadvertantly egging Batman on when it came to his views on Superman? I mean, Barry realized he had travelled to an earlier point than he had planned.
>>
>>81037334
That might just be Post-Coma hairdo we're seeing, the concept art for him in his CSI role shows him with short hair.
>>
>>81037292
See
>>81037301

Also Aquamans intro was pretty cool, especially when he fucking exploded away like a badass torpedo.
The motherbox and parademon designs were great but I feel like casuals wont understand what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>81037342
That's what I'm curious about as well, I can't wait to see how the Justice League links the scene

>>81037334
>So do you see Flash's suit in the dream sequence when he comes to warn Bruce or whatever? What was it like?
I direct you here >>81037286 for that one, because I thought that's what he meant. I was ok with all the found footage scenes because those felt natural and something Lex may be reviewing on the side
>>
>>81037392
nah, in the security cam footage they show of him using his powers he still looks like a hobo.
>>
>>81037403
Casuals will have no idea, but im hoping the weirdness of it has them intruiged. I know i was smiling ear-to-ear when i saw it at least.
>>
>>81037472
You and me both, buddy.
>>
>>81037462
That's the scene i was referring to though. The Knightmare message you couldn't see his hair on account of the suit.
>>
>>81037498
How did you react to seeing the review scores by the way? I lost self-control and checked ut the RT before i went to see it earlier, it made me worried but in hindsight it just made me pissed at some of the critique.
>>
>>81037516
I still saw his dirty moustache.
>>
So are there post-credits scenes?

Is it explained where the ship of Kryptonite comes from?

>>81037516
But didn't you say he still had the facial hair?
>>
>>81037403
>>81037472
>>81037498
>>81037292
Wait
There is an actual Motherbox in this movie? Seriously? Holy shit I'm excited
>>
>>81037547
It bugs me that it is being constantly compared to marvel movies.

It was an action drama not an action comedy but some critics can't seem to separate the superhero genre from the action comedy formula that marvel pushes. I think it'll play out like TDK where first week scores on RT were shit but after everyone sees it they'll go way up. Maybe not as high but still up.
>>
>>81037650
>this much denial
kek
>>
>>81037592
I never mentioned facial hair, i mentioned the hairdo. Besides, given that this Flash came running back from the Knightmare timeline i think the ruggedness of his looks match the fact that it's a post-apocalyptic scenario going on with Darkseids victory on Earth.
>>
>>81037594
Yeah Dr Stone calls it government object 619 or some bullshit and it kinda looks like one of those transformer cubes from transformers 3.
>>
>>81036944
URINE CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS
>>
>>81037650
I hope that happens too, I mean most of the reviews I hate seem to harp on the stupidest things as their reason to hate on the movie and give it a bad score.
>>
>>81037691
Fak u

>>81037693
See
>>81037565
>>
>>81037301
>Mexican
He's Israeli.
>>
>>81037693
>i think the ruggedness of his looks match the fact that it's a post-apocalyptic scenario going on
Oh that does make sense
Even though they probably just filmed his CCTV scene and Knightmare scene back to back and didn't get him to shave
>>
>>81037594
http://imgur.com/rhC3q7L
>>
>>81037742
It's a dirty Mexican moustache and you can't tell me otherwise.
>>
>>81037592
Not OP but I saw the movie tonight too.

There is no post-credit scene, we're not in the MCU and i think DC already clarified that at some point.
>>
>>81037594
Abandon /co/! There's so many spoilers!
But... Yeah, it's showin in lab footage from Silas Stones lab where he is trying to save his son who's been grieveously injured somehow. He is shown hanging on some high-tech operating board looking device as his father laments and gets aggressive because there seems to be no hope. There is a cut in the tape and we see Silas next to a square which sides are rythmically thumping in and out, disolving in on itself sort of. He says he is activating this unknown device procured from the goverment (specified with some numbers that seemed like a date, which i imagine can only be a reference) which then hovers into the air and attached itself to Victor who becomes concious and starts screaming out in pain as the motherbox integrates with his suspended torso and his cyborg body begins taking shape. The clip then cuts.
>>
File: 1458702673427.png (432 KB, 561x819) Image search: [Google]
1458702673427.png
432 KB, 561x819
oh wait now 33%
>>
>>81035407
How good was Gal Gadot's acting?
>>
>>81037733
That wasn't me friend.
I'm
>>81037693
>>81037516
>>81037392
>>
>>81037766
Yeah, but i didn't mind it because Holy shit, it's the flash!
>>
File: 1422977387050.png (719 KB, 914x596) Image search: [Google]
1422977387050.png
719 KB, 914x596
I honestly do not give a single fuck what critics say about this movie. Critics shit all over Captain America and Man of Steel and I liked those, but I'm really worried I'm gonna be irritated by Eisenberg and Snyder's "creative" choices this time around.

I think the comparisons to Marvel movies and complaints that it's "too serious" sound fucking retarded, but I'm willing to bet I could still hate the movie because of it's directing and writing.

I mean, at least General Audiences seem to love it so far so it should be guaranteed that we can get more DC films either way. Best case scenario is that this finally gets some internal re-organizing going and gets Snyder out of the seat and replaced with someone who has a better grasp on the characters.

Maybe I'm just a fun-hating piece of shit. At the end of the day I find most recent comic films, WB/Marvel Studios or otherwise to just be okay. Not the best or worst thing ever.
>>
>>81037840
Gal Gadot didn't have much to say and was mostly based on her body movements, I would still like her to beef up a bit more but her acting is kind o hard to gauge based on what we got but I guess it was fine for this movie, I just hope she is decent when her solo comes around
>>
>>81037902
Loved her body language in the Doomsday fight. That fucking "Oh it's on now you motherfucker"-grin she had on her face after getting blown away by Doomsday
>>
>>81037949
oh yeah she was on point with that final fight, and she carried herself nicely at the party. I was more commenting on her talking scenes really
>>
>>81037789
>>81037818
That's interesting but it doesn't look much like a Motherbox. I like the glowy shit though. Reminds me of Kirby Crackle.
>>
>>81037949
and seeing up her skirt in that shot :^)
>>
>>81038031
I mean it could just be the design of a motherbox in the movie verse or it could just be before it morphs to it's final form
>>
>>81037890

the only real problem is the pacing during the first half of the movie which is way off. don't know what the fuck the execs were thinking

the rest is great and definitely better than avengers 1 and 2 but you should make up your own opinion. if you're not the type of person who can accept pacing issues, you might think this is shit-tier
>>
>>81037890
I hope so, I mean Snyder being replaced would be nice.
I just hope that the DC movies do their thing. I think them being a bit more serious is fine, they just need to work on their pacing problems is all
>>
>>81037827
So far the only thing we're waiting for is % of Audience enjoyment, really And actual box office.
>>
>>81035407
So...who wins the fight?
>>
>>81038179

I'm not a film student so pacing means fuck all to me. I heard people cry about pacing in plenty of movies and I just don't know what the hell they mean.

I just hope the acting and writing are decent enough for me. I was pumped for a sequel after Man of Steel but I don't like some of the shit Snyer does (Pa Kent's retarded death) and I guess I'll have to accept we will never get a genuine Lex Luthor on film.

Like I said, general audiences and a lot of fans (though they could be fanboying out) seemed to love it, so critical reception aside, I'm sure it can't be garbage.

Like I said, best case scenario for me, is that I enjoy the movie, and the bad reviews are enough to get WB to really double down and get the right creative teams for these films.

>>81038218

>I just hope that the DC movies do their thing

Same. The only superhero films I highly enjoyed in the last few years were Man of Steel, TASM, and Captain America 1/2. MCU hasn't made any garbage films but some of them are decent at best/worst. The thing for me with Man of Steel is that it's got highs that outweigh it's lows, whereas some other films are consistently "okay."
>>
>>81038179
Pacing for the first act was weird, but I liked the 3 sided perspective. Only teasing what Lex was doing, and only showing Sup/Bat would of been awkward. I am not sure what else could of been done to make the pay off good at the end.
>>
>>81038341
Batman would've won if the fight had gone on, he had him dead to rights.
>>
File: 1448828475388.jpg (85 KB, 948x461) Image search: [Google]
1448828475388.jpg
85 KB, 948x461
>finally get Wonderbat
>the movie sucks
fuck it i'm done

fuck this game, i'm going home
>>
File: why.png (228 KB, 939x294) Image search: [Google]
why.png
228 KB, 939x294
>>81038337
We have the audience enjoyment
>>
>>81038341

Clark doesn't ever try anywhere near as hard as he can. Lois interrupts near the end when Superman begins getting pressured that he has to save his mother. Bats has a Kryptonite spear to Superman, but I felt more that Lois saved Batman's life because there's no telling what the fuck Superman would do to save his mother. He almost ended Man of Steel early when Zod threatened her.
>>
>>81038368
Replace the words "film student" with "critical thinker"
>>
File: lmaoaturlife.png (364 KB, 741x567) Image search: [Google]
lmaoaturlife.png
364 KB, 741x567
>>81038541
BATMAN AND SUPERMAN WILL MAKE 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS EVERYBODY

THEY AREN'T COMICBOOK CHARACTERS THEY ARE LIKE GREEK MYTHS!
>>
>>81038368
Bad pacing - things happen too slow/too fast.
>I feel stupider for even having to explain this.
>>
>>81038541
I find it funny the audience enjoyment is decent, but the reviews are so low. When it opens to the general public I wonder what the scores will be like
>>
>>81038654
>87% enjoyed that garbage
there is no god
>>
>>81038710
The average rating is 6.8/10 which is fair. I watched it with my whole extended family and thought it was 8/10.
>>
>>81038786
A family of retards it seems
>>
File: 1401814396298.jpg (3 MB, 4012x3056) Image search: [Google]
1401814396298.jpg
3 MB, 4012x3056
>>81038574

Replace "critical thinker" with "pretentious faggot". Most people on here can't even give me examples of what's wrong with a movie's pacing when asked. Chan neckbeards like to use it as a buzzword.

Man of Steel fell short because of a huge lack of focus on Clark (not enough dialogue, too much time on krypton), and contradictory bullshit from Pa Kent and Jor El.

I only care of the writing, acting, and story are tight. The Dark Knight moves around at a mile a minute and it's a solid movie. The Dark Knight Rises is a slow as shit film, but the main problem with it is that nothing happens and everyone phoned in the acting.

>>81038700

No shit.
>>
>>81038857

>Insulting this group of people I've never met has fulfilled my day

Calm down, cocksucker
>>
>>81038857
That's just so rude man. I can't even believe you posted this.
>>
>>81038857
wew lad
>>
File: 1458719853216.jpg (23 KB, 502x502) Image search: [Google]
1458719853216.jpg
23 KB, 502x502
>>81038857
That was uncalled for
>>
File: 1456866279195.png (652 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1456866279195.png
652 KB, 676x676
>>81038857
What the fuck man. Calling another anon a retard is one thing, but leave his family out of it
>>
>>81039106

>Expecting any better of edgy comic nerds on the internet

Comic fans are depressingly shitty people compared to the heroes they idolize
>>
>>81035407
Is it true about batman shitting in the suit?
>>
>>81038886
>You're the box Clark.
>Now hurry up and get in.
>>
>>81039196
not that I'm aware of, unless we include Batman probably being scared enough he may have shat himself
>>
>>81039136
>implying anybody here likes comics

This is a cape adaptation board, anon.
>>
>>81039196
Where is this from?
It's from /tv/, isnt it?
>>
>>81039411
This IS /tv/
>>
>>81039632
No, /tv/ is /tv/.
At least /co/ used to be /co/ once
>>
>>81035512
I've got a jar of piss I've got a jar of piss and guess what's inside it
>>
>>81039794
Can you believe I've spent all day shit-posting instead of studying for my exam tomorrow morning. It's just such a big day for everyone here on /co/.
>>
>>81039844
Nah senpai shitpostings more important
>>
>>81039926
I don't want to die here senpai ;_;
>>
>>81036614
>rate the performances of
>Eisenberg
8.5/10
>Cavill
9/10
>Affleck
10/10
>Irons
8/10
>Adams
7/10

And that's only because there's so much stuff happening that they can't focus and develop all the characters equally.
>>
>>81038857
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>81036109
This would be the first petition I'd actually support. Petitions never amount to anything though.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.