[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2017 can't come fast enough. Didn't like the casting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 950x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 950x1425
2017 can't come fast enough.

Didn't like the casting at first, but now I'm really looking forward to him taking on the role.

Are you hype for Iron Fist, yet /co/?
>>
I'm more excited that the show is finally officially happening than I am for the casting. I've never seen him in anything but he doesn't really look the part in my opinion.
>>
>>81029202
He's really twinky looking, especially in GoT, I'd imagine he'd bulk up, though.

And, yeah, the series seemed touch and go for a while. I guess they weren't sure how mystical they wanted to go. Iron Fist without magic, isn't Iron Fist. Pretty sure I read in an earlier press release he was third in line, not forth. Looks like they pushed him back, so he would debut after Dr.Strange.
>>
Reminder: Iron Fist beings shooting around the first week in April.

>>81029202
(Also) I can easily imagine him with a sweater around his neck, playing tennis in the Hamptons. He definitely looks like he could be a rich WASP.
>>
I care about Iron Fist more than any other Marvel character, you bet I'm hype.
>>
>>81029132
The only Netflix shit from Marvel I want is Daredevil, Punisher, and Iron Fist. You bet I'm hype.
>>
>Type in Iron Fist Netflix on google
>Let's finally see some excitement
>People are still writing articles pissed that he's a white guy.
>mfw

Well, at least this week I managed to find a geek-related video on youtube, that gave casuals a low-down on the character, without a racial caveat. Getting hype.
>>
>>81029132
nah. it's iron fist, I just don't care.

the way people never seem to have any pages of his 'best' comics saved compared to other characters makes me think no one else cared either until Tumblr wanted to make him asian
>>
I'm just excited to see more of Madame Gao in a major role..
>>
>>81030709

Great, another faggot punching people instead of getting the job done with a gun.
>>
>>81031449
People liked/raved about IIF, and would always recommend that run to people, if they wanted to start reading Iron Fist. But, yeah, there definitely are people who have jumped on him/care about him now, as some sort if way to "stick it to SJWs~". I get they want more diversity and non-white representation, and tbf I've saw some people being racist about the AAIronFist thing. Real talk, though Danny's race /does/ matter. He's one of the only comicbook characters that needs to be white in order for his overall narrative to work.
>>
>>81031560
>Frank and Danny are actually going to co-exist in the same live-action universe.
>We could actually see them interact.
>ofw
>>
WILL. WE. SEE. THE. DRAGON?
>>
>>81032472

God only knows. The show's presumably going to have a similar budget to the others, which seems like it would lessen the chances for any prolonged CGI sequences.
>>
>>81032629
I know season 1, with be the Meachum revenge story, with probably mytho building peppered in. Nothing to heavy effects wise, bar this fists. But, the budget, especially for a property like Iron Fist is a concern.

>yfw no past Iron Fist flashback episodes
>no season 2 tournament
>no eighth city of heavy season 3/4 demon shenanigans

I mean we could, but it could be Spartacus level graphics.
>>
>>81032871

I dunno, if The Flash can get away with a a pretty decent CGI King Shark and Game of Thrones can get away with some pretty decent CGI fantasy cityscapes we should at least be able to get a few glimpses of K'un Lun.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 385x209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 385x209
Among other things I'm looking to the impending live-action Danny/Misty, tbqhfamilia.
>>
Season 1 will be GOAT, I'm super ready.
>>
>>81033524
The hugest pitch of salt required, but I saw someone in the comments of an Iron Fist video say their dad was a "scenic designer" for Iron Fist. Gives me hope we'll at least see K'un-Lun.

I know they made a deal to shoot in NYC, however I don't know what percentage has to be shot there. Can some be shot on location in another country, can some be shot on a built set/sound stage?

Plus, yeah If CW can pull it off, surely Marvelfix will be fine. As long it's not too much to rattle Perlmutter.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x960
Christina Chong would be a perfect Colleen Wing. Y/Y?
>>
>>81033606
People in the know seem super excited.
>>
>>81033775

I'm guessing what we see of K'un Lun will be fleeting, and largely in flashback.
>>
>>81034923
It's kinda funny, because of all the hoohah/emphasis about his origin and making him AA. Loads of people assumed it would be primarily set in K'un-Lun not NYC. They shouldn't be surprised considering all of the shows take place in Hell's Kitchen/NYC, and with only small flashbacks to each character's childhoods.
>>
>>81029132
Maybe when more stuff about it comes out. I'm not keen on the casting.
>>
>>81032472
They already showed his dragon in GoT
>>
>>81036331

Luke Cage takes place in Harlem. I'm betting Iron Fist takes place outside the Kitchen as well, maybe in Chinatown.
>>
>>81037698
Definitely. Finn Jones posted a photo from Brooklyn, I think, so maybe they shoot there too. Though there's no reason for him no to have a manhattan HQ.
>>
>>81033570
Not going to happen. The woman they casted for Misty is old enough to be his mother.
>>
>>81033606
Lmao it's going to fucking suck.
At best it will be Jessica Jones tier, and that's not good.
>>
>>81037790

Yeah, the Rand Corporation will probably be in a downtown skyscraper.

I wonder how much they're going to balance corporate intrigue versus kung fu magic fights.
>>
>>81037791
That's like that in the comics too, though.
>>
>>81037865
Is it really? That's odd.
>>
>>81037855
About the same as Daredevil and his lawyering?

Hand most of the exposition/dialogue to Hogarth. I wonder how she's gonna fit into this, since she's a lawyer. Maybe she's a notary of the Rand will and estate?

I doubt they'll make it IIF, it's probably going to be just the origin story.
>>
>>81037698
I was talking about his series taking place in America (Where /he/ culturally reconnects, ironically.) and not K'un-Lun. I believe in an interview Joe Q said it would take place on the other side of Manhattan.
>>
>>81037929
He was waxing her ass when he was around 19/20, she was somewhere well into her mid-twenties. Her and Luke have always been a bit older than him, and her actress isn't that old!
>>
>>81037647
Are you referring to his penis?
>>
>>81037937
IIF was American-settled Danny, looks like we're getting FOB on a quest for revenge Danny. Things need to be set in place first. If Madame Gao is Crane Mother, and the casting leak was right, Orson will be included. So, it's definitely going that way.
>>
Man, I hate usually hate chinese shit, but recently I've been in an Avatar/Kung-fu Panda/IIF high lately. Even Daredevil and Marco Polo have tickled me.

I hope they make it colorful as fuck. Daredevil S2 is nice. All dark but with bright color highlights. I hope they do the same with green and yellow in here.
>>
>>81038636
FOB?
>>
>>81038801
Fresh of the Boat.
>>
>>81038922
Ah. I've never actually read anything from solo Danny besides IIF. Any other good runs? Is the original run any good?
>>
>>81038734
FYI: Brett Chan, choreographer for Marco Polo has been hired as the stunt coordinator for Iron Fist. I'm expecting a definite "Eastern-Flavour" to his fights/fighting style.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2WaTSIm_c

HYPE.
>>
>>81039121
I know, I'm fucking hype. I loved the hundred eye's special's fight with the chain and stuff.

Hope they bring in some Marco Polo sets and costumes.
>>
>>81038964
If you like a good old Kung-Fu revenge story, his origin is a good place to start. Heros for Hire is fun. Luke and him are very complimentary to each other. If you wanna see a White-Chinese guy hanging out, and learning about urban American life, while solving crime with his Black BFF, you'll enjoy it. I heard the 90's series isn't very good. But, you can always explore.
>>
>>81039202
I have yet to watch that. I haven't even finished with the very first episode of Marco Polo. I assume it's better?
>>
>>81039284
I liked it more, but I didn't pay much attention to the main story.

The Special feels more like an Avatar episode, though, so that's cool. I really fucking liked it.
>>
>>81039345
Cool. Will check.
>>
>>81039445
It's also like, 30 minutes. If you enjoy the main series, watch it. I'm not much for historic movies and political intrigue, but it did seem good.

The Special is pretty standalone, though. Pretty decent.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7vFFTnc98
I hope they get songs like this. The only hans zimmer tune I legitimately like.
>>
>>81039246

Which Heroes for Hire run is the best?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.