[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /co/ think of Nameless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Astronauts.jpg (66 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
Astronauts.jpg
66 KB, 534x712
What did /co/ think of Nameless?
>>
>>81027877
Man, I'm not entirely sure.
I'm giving it a few months to settle, then I'll read it all at once, maybe a few times.
I'll get back to you.
>>
Fucking insane, but an interesting read.
>>
>>81027922
Yeah, my head's still spinning.
>>
I understood absolutely nothing. Nothing. Like I couldn't even understand if the story was supposed to be linear or not.
>>
>>81027877
Dire.

Unclear premise, reasonable art, large scope but in the end it just collapsed into fog.

Lots of gore but in the end it seemed just pointless.
>>
>>81030896
The art was more than reasonable
Everything else is fair
>>
>>81030896
>Reasonable art
you shut your whore mouth Burnham excelled per usual
>>
It was like, confusing and stuff.

I think some of it was in Spanish?
>>
It wasn't really hard to decipher it. I got it in the first read.
I liked the series. It was a good crazy journey.
>>
>>81027877
Great art

Not so hot on the story.
>>
>>81027877
Needlessly overly violent and edgy.
>>
>>81031063
Burnham is crazy good. He went back and not only drew the fill ins for the Inc Absolute, but also redrew certain portions to match the story better.
>>
>>81032603

As someone who wanted to financially support my favorite DC Comics I bought the original trades of the run and really enjoyed this personal fuck you from DC to me.
>>
I got the hardcover and just finished reading it. The art by Chris Burnham was really good, I don't think I've seen his stuff before. It reminds me of Frank Quietly with better faces. Also the color was really well done.

I didn't like the story much at all, and I'm a Morrison fan, plus I usually like occult stuff, so it had seemed like it was right up my alley. It just wasn't that compelling. I got the gist of it, but none of the characters were that interesting, and the earth potentially being destroyed just seemed ho-hum.
>>
>>81031825
Nobody is impressed, and you're a liar.
>>
>>81030896
>Lots of gore but in the end it seemed just pointless.

Like your life.
>>
>>81027877
I couldn't tell if it was smart to r if it was trying to act smart
Either way I'm glad I didn't buy it because it always not worth it
>>
>>81027877
your image was the best thing to come out of that comic. it was average at best.
>>
I like it but Morrison does know we didn't all read the same wikipedia articles as him right?
>>
>>81027877
Lacks direction, convoluted at points, and just not that satisfying of a read in general. The anticlimatic ending certainly didn't help. Definitely Morrison at his most overrated.
>>
>>81037204
It ends with the protagonist being shot while the moon crashes into the earth. Can't get much more climactic.
>>
>>81037269
Didn't it end with "it was all just a dream" kind of? Wasn't most of that bullshit happening in his head and he was actually killed in the haunted house or whatever? I don't fucking know, I stopped trying to make sense of it some time ago.
>>
>>81035743
>Morrisonfags
Sad.
>>
>>81027877
Standard pretentious and awkward Morrisonian story telling.
>>
>>81037269
Wasn't the moon crashing a dream just like the space mission? The only real thing was that the protagonist was spreading the insanity by being the conduit for god after the razor house incident, everything else was his mind trying to fight back until he got caught and shot.
>>
>>81037327
From what I can tell he didn't die in the house, here's my understanding of what happened in "reality"

[spoilers] He was recruited by his dad to help with the link up to contact the god-entity.

He was the weak link in the group, broke the circle got possessed.

Murdered the rest of the group and his dad when he came back to see how things went down then ran.

His sister (veiled lady) witnessed this and decided to track him down and deal with this shit.

Nameless finds some method to erase his personality, hoping that will kill the god-entity, it doesn't really work and he runs again, presumably this is around when things get really hazy as to his perceptions towards reality and pretty much everything moon related is hogwash.

Veiled lady/sister eventually catches up to him and takes him to the same airport from the moon mission illusion.

She has a chat with him in the mindroom revealing who she is and the memory of nameless killing their father (represented by the tentacly stuff growing from her head that then starts growing from his once he remembers).

Having captured and confront nameless she's now got the god entity confined to his skull with no way out, so she ventilates him, saves humanity's future and goes to chill with her fish henchmen.[/spoilers]

What I am a little unsure of is the asteroid crashing into the moon, the final scene shows debris coming from the moon and that should be happening in reality. Maybe their was an asteroid controlled by the god-entity but they were able to redirect it?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 720x480
>>81027877
I don't know this comic but the guy in the middle has a 20th century boys logo on his helmet.

Not sure if that's a hommage or ripoff...
>>
>>81039557
The Symbol is probably commonly used elsewhere.
>>
>>81039557
The artist on Nameless is a big manga reader so it's probably a homage
>>
>>81039557
Educate yourself you retard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsa
>>
>>81039557

Burnham cited Junji Ito as an influence and there's a page in one issue that directly lifts from Abstraction by Shintaro Kago
>>
>>81027877
I suppose it was nice, kind of dislike non linear stories, especially if only one part really gets my attention. I stayed up to see it storytimed but it kind of felt like a waste of time.

>>81039460
What confuses me is that in one 'realityit was the asian girl who manages to crash the asteroid and save everyone but she is not mentioned at all before or after which for a story supposedly steeped in double meaning and such feels like a rather glaring omission.
>>
Is Morrison even capable of writing a book anymore without having it go all whackey and confusing?
>>
>>81027877
Emotionally empty, prefers IDEAS! to interesting and well-written characters like most/all of Morrison's stuff.
>>
>>81045942
Seems fine to me. I've had enough "muh feelings" books from cucks like Fraction that just don't resonate with me.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.