[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Standoff-1.jpg (136 KB, 900x1342) Image search: [Google]
Standoff-1.jpg
136 KB, 900x1342
What went right?
>>
Maria Hill waifu-ism.
>>
Nothing, it's just as cack-handed as all the other events
>>
Shield is a parallel for out own government. Fuck the Government.
>>
>>81021170
What makes it good for you compared to other events, OP?

I don't like it really much so far. Kind of boring, convoluted and with bad art.
>>
>>81021170
the enjoyable Marvel events accept that they are stupid and embrace it like Axis

the bad ones take themselves seriously like Civil War or are written by Bendis
>>
File: Everything's comin' up Maria.jpg (101 KB, 783x405) Image search: [Google]
Everything's comin' up Maria.jpg
101 KB, 783x405
>>81021170
>>81021323
Maria has gone full alpha bitch. I demand she be written like this all the time.
>>
>>81021170
Z E M O

E

M

O
>>
>>81022245
This. Honestly, the only thing worth it from this event is getting Thunderbolts out of it, and all that entails. It had an interesting opening, but outside of the bolts, it doesn't seem like the payoff is working out.
>>
>>81021170
I think it's the same thing that happened with Spider-Island: it's a "side" event editorial wasn't banking on too much, so authors could actually focus on writing their stories and not follow editorial mandates.
>>
>>81021170
Nothing.
>>
>>81022020
Agreed, I just hope it doesn't fizzle out towards the end like Axis did.
>>
Zemo, Tbolts, a good plot, different enough from other events with none of the "An nothing will ever be the same ever again" BS, it only pulls a few comics in that are relevant to the story, Bendis is not writing it.
>>
>Thunderbolts: the Event
>Maria best girl
>>
>>81022279
>it doesn't seem like the payoff is working out.
Nigga the heroes just got transported to the town today. What payoff are you expecting at this point?
>>
Letting Spencer write it instead of Bendis or someone from their god awful stable of event writers.
>>
>>81021170
I was only planning to read Spencer's books. Are the tie-ins actually worth checking out?
>>
>>81024133
I think his problem is that he's been reading the shitty filler books instead of the main event books
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.