[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 1 > Season 2 Alice was a qt tho Who here /critic/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16
File: duke.jpg (55 KB, 788x591) Image search: [Google]
duke.jpg
55 KB, 788x591
Season 1 > Season 2

Alice was a qt tho

Who here /critic/
>>
They really had a great crossover ep with the simpsons.
>>
man so many dated political jokes in this series though
>>
>Drinkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Omu7C61EU
>>
>>81021436

I don't know, many of them are ones that plenty of people can still get if they're fairly old. It's not like people don't sometimes refer to Clinton's sleeping around, or that nobody knows about JFK imitations.
>>
>>81022716
I see you.
>>
File: 74395384ß657.gif (80 KB, 470x357) Image search: [Google]
74395384ß657.gif
80 KB, 470x357
>>81020088
I just found it recently. It's brilliant.
>>
>the fucking terrible little online season
Why?
>>
File: Franklin Sherman 1.jpg (16 KB, 320x242) Image search: [Google]
Franklin Sherman 1.jpg
16 KB, 320x242
Wilson, my wife is happy again!
>>
>>81021436
dated my ass
>I'm glad Duke has his health, so I can tax his enormous wealth

or that hilarious desert storm episode, when jay saves the day and president bush is going to commend him
>sir, film critics are the second most despised profession there is, after pre-op groin shaver. this is a PR nightmare
>i'm way ahead in the polls, what harm could it do?
>BUSH LOSES, FAT LECHEROUS HILLBILLY ELECTED

Duke running for president was pretty goddamn funny too. when he finally cut the crap and admitted he was gonna ride america like a homely pony
>>
>>81023412
>a new generation is rediscovering The Critic

>evennowthere'shopeforman.jpeg
>>
>>81024239
shit we need the wisdom of the critic now more than ever. just look at movies.
>>
>>81024078
Who?
>>
> I haven't been so disgusted since Kenny G played Malcolm X
>>
>>81024301
Movies like Jurassic Park II and Ghostbusters III?
>>
>>81021339
>They really had a great crossover ep with the simpsons.

Matt Groening would disagree.
>>
>>81024552
yeah well he named his characters after his family members
his mom would get fucking phone calls from strangers
>>
>>81024552
He changed his opinion once he saw the episode.
>>
>>81024414
>Who?

My wife Eleanor.
>>
>>81024605
who?
>>
File: sherman.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sherman.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
>it's an awkward slapstick gag episode

Hit or miss, 2bh.

Season 1 "tragic" Jay was a GOAT character though.
>>
You gotta rivet! Rivet rivet!
>>
And remember, there is no fish stick like Mrs. Pell's.
>>
>>81024692
Mr. Welles this isn't a commercial.
>>
File: Franklin Sherman 2.jpg (180 KB, 1123x940) Image search: [Google]
Franklin Sherman 2.jpg
180 KB, 1123x940
>>81024414

My wife, Eleanor!
>>
>>81024725

I know that! It was a declaration of love.

Mhmm.
Mhmm, yes!
They're even better RAW!
>>
>>81024725
I know that. It was simply a declaration of love.
Ohhhh YES, they're even better RAW!
>>
>>81024736
Who?
>>
>>81024637

My wife. Eleanor.
>>
>>81024591
that's not how i heard it. he had his name taken off and he always hated it.
but some people are idiots. yknow? you have to take each one individually
creator of mary poppins / charlie and the chocolate factory calling the movies shit? idiots
creator of neverending story calling that movie shit? actually if you read the book, he had a SERIOUS fucking point.
>>
File: Bush Loses.png (252 KB, 516x443) Image search: [Google]
Bush Loses.png
252 KB, 516x443
>>81024176

You can't make that joke and NOT post the newspaper.
>>
>>81024764
>>81024768
You both got it wrong.

>I know, that was just a declaration of love.
>Yes...mm, oh yes! They're even better RAW!
>>
>>81024654
the most awkward was when he was walking out of alice's place getting hit by potted plants, and then the footage freezes so some hastily-edited-in voiceover can try to set up another joke that still doesn't work
>>
I don't need you! I don't need any of you! I'm Duke Phillips and from now on I'm speaking my own mind! First, I'll tell you what I'm really gonna do as President. I'll run this country like I run my company! I'm gonna raid the pension fund, dump chemicals in the ocean and sell our best assets to the Japanese! Half of you states are in the toilet and you're not comin' out! New York! You know what I'm talking about! California, kiss your smoggy butt GOODBYE! New England! You're going back to old England! Well that's my speech now if you'll excuse me I have to go put on some leather and get spanked. Vote for Duke. Goodnight.
>>
>>81024888
>oh no, we don't want that
>MORE POISON? I MEAN.. TEA?
>>
File: 2dank4me.jpg (33 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
2dank4me.jpg
33 KB, 535x462
>Can we really trust Duke with nuclear weapons?
>We trust him with the ones he's already got.
>>
>>81024844
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Star_Is_Burns#Controversy
>>
>>81024913
>Oh, don't mind if I do!
>
>You almost had me there.
>WHACK
>>
>>81024888
>I don't need you! I don't need any of you! I'm Donald Trump and from now on I'm speaking my own mind! First, I'll tell you what I'm really gonna do as President. I'll run this country like I run my company! I'm gonna raid the pension fund, dump chemicals in the ocean and sell our best assets to the Japanese! Half of you states are in the toilet and you're not comin' out! New York! You know what I'm talking about! California, kiss your smoggy butt GOODBYE! New England! You're going back to old England! Well that's my speech now if you'll excuse me I have to go put on some leather and get spanked. Vote for Trump. Goodnight.
>>
File: Franklin Sherman 3.jpg (103 KB, 1120x850) Image search: [Google]
Franklin Sherman 3.jpg
103 KB, 1120x850
>>81024781

My wife, Eleanor!
>>
>>81024931
where are you seeing "and he eventually got over it and said he liked it later" ?
>>
>>81024870

Eh, still better delivered than the entirety of Family Guy
>>
>>81025035
yes, thank you, THAT IS THE JOKE. you're so clever for noticing it and making sure to strip away any ambiguity left.
>>
>>81025105
eh, the old seasons that everyone agrees were better in family guy had a lot of equally awkward visual editing where it was clear the animators did not get the comedic timing right the first time and they had to sit and pause and rewind the footage over and over
>>
>>81024931
And in the future he had zero qualms about a crossover with Family Guy.
It's sad to see what money can do to a man over time.
>>
>>81025035
>Trump received raucous applause and several standing ovations from a crowd that had cheered Clinton less than eight hours before.
>>
Up next, is the Eighth-graders float. Built by class-president, Martin Sherman.

The theme is-A FLAMING HORSE'S PATOOT!
>>
>>81025154

It's especially mind-numbing when in the first crossover with Critic, Bart flat out says something along the lines of "Nah, we don't really care for this crossover crap."

Fucking almost 20 years later, and here we are with the shittiest crossover ever seen that literally makes any Deviantart fanmade crossover look good.
>>
File: afwfwaawfwg.jpg (64 KB, 576x454) Image search: [Google]
afwfwaawfwg.jpg
64 KB, 576x454
>>
>>81025327
shit dude i laughed. it was funny about half the time.
>>
>>81025154
>>And in the future he had zero qualms about a crossover with Family Guy.

Or the quality of simpsons in general.
>>
>>81025547

I imagine it was the parts written by the Simpsons people, who at least know that comedy is more than shitty shock humor and gay jokes.
>>
>>81024845
Would you happen to have the "Nude headless" whatever article with Jay on it?
>>
>I'll go have a word with the captain.
>A penguin? And he's been drinking!
>Wait a minute... Penguins can't fly. PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!
>>
>>81025589
i mean shit, modern family guy's better than modern simpsons. it just didnt have nearly as far to fall
>>
>>81021436
Not to those of us who watched it when it first ran.
>>
>>81025849
I don't care how many stewardesses you've bagged you're still not a good pilot!
>>
>>81025886

I find that hard to believe. At its worst, Simpsons is just mematic jokes about the celebrity guest that anyone with an ounce of knowledge pertaining to them can figure out.

>It's an actor with known anger issues, he'll probably be a rageaholic!

Family Guy is just far more predictable; pointless cutaways with no connection to the plot. Cutaways that take up 3-5 minutes and run the joke into the ground. Or gore that's more cringe inducing than funny in any capacity.
>>
>>81024176

Were film critics ever really hated? Far as I could always tell, people adored Ebert and Siskel for their in-depth opinions.
>>
>>81025992
it sounds to me like you dont actually watch either show, just vague and outdated reviews
>>
File: Jay Sherman.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Jay Sherman.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
What's next, "My mother, the camel."?
>>
>>81026042
take a look at /co/ right now. at least four threads right now about FUCK CRITICS THEYRE SO HARD ON BATMAN VS SUPERMAN WHAT DO THEY KNOW
that is not a new thing
what made siskel and ebert popular and famous is that the common man actually liked them somewhat
>>
>>81026078

Yea, but back then you didn't have critics in nearly the supply you do now. "Thanks" to social media, anyone with a cheap webcam and mic thinks they can judge films. Back in the day, you either had to luck into a show like Jean and Roger, or use the newspaper.
>>
>>81026043

Hardly outdated when both shows literally became formulaic nonsense.
>>
>>81026178
the formula changes every so often
both shows are a lot better this decade than they were last decade, for example. they make DIFFERENT mistakes, and bits of good writing sneak in
family guy is dumber than it has ever been, zaniness has gone off the chart, but they've embraced it and it's good reliable dumb humor that shits on brian instead of shilling him.
>>
>>81026243

They never shilled Brian nearly as much as people say. Even then, embracing it's weakness doesn't exactly make it any better.
>>
>>81026281
they really did, and it does.

in any case, this is a the critic thread. let's talk about-
>uh, queen latifah?
>dammit i'm in the wrong thread
>>
>>81026319

No, they didn't. In almost every case he went into Liberal mode, they still made him look like an idiot. He was never unquestionably right outside of maybe the episode when Meg turned the town on him.
>>
>>81026667
>they still made him look like an idiot.
that was completely unintentional though, just like it is with lisa now.
>>
The weird thing about watching through the show is like... they kinda start running out of pop culture to reference and it's super noticable when binge watching
Their parodies were limited by what impressions Maurice LaMarche could do
>>
>>81025068
Who?
>>
>>81026863
>Their parodies were limited by what impressions Maurice LaMarche could do
>Maurice LaMarche
>limit
He voiced almost every character.
>>
File: Dukerella.png (561 KB, 614x460) Image search: [Google]
Dukerella.png
561 KB, 614x460
>leaping lizards
Can anyone explain this to me.
>>
>>81027111
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Orphan_Annie
>>
>>81027018
That's why it was one of his favorite roles, he probably got paid a shit load to do it
>>
>>81027146
I feel so dumb for not getting that.
>>
File: whatthe.jpg (19 KB, 475x361) Image search: [Google]
whatthe.jpg
19 KB, 475x361
>>
>>81026751

Pretty sure it was intentional, since the show decided that everyone was a bastard, even Lois despite previously being the most loving with her kids.
>>
take that, guernica!
>>
File: Jay.png (141 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
Jay.png
141 KB, 324x216
>Hello?
>Hello, Jaay. This is the Devil. Despite what you think, I am NOT the reason Cher won an Oscar. I AM the reason Marisa Tomei won an Oscar! *guttural sound*
>>
File: rebt.png (445 KB, 709x478) Image search: [Google]
rebt.png
445 KB, 709x478
was this scene from an actual movie?
or just the lonely kid on the teeter totter trope heh

I can't get over how much i liked the background
and piano intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lG9F3bN5kY
>>
>Tim Allen gives that same likeable performance we always love. Once again, proving Disney pictures have the magic, that may not win awards, but keep America smiling. How's that?
>>
>And remember, there is no fish stick like Mrs Pell's
>This isn't a commercial
>I know that, it was a declaration of love! Oh yes, OH YES. They're even better raw!
>>
>>81030926

>You're Satan, aren't you?
>>
>>81031135

>YOU WIN ANOTHER ROUND, SISKEL! BUT WE SHALL MEET AGAIN!
>>
File: Margo_sherman.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Margo_sherman.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>81031099

It's a sign! They're alive!
>>
>>>/wsg/1002688
>>
>>81031310
>Yes they're alive. But I have gone to a better place. A place filled with Mrs. Pell's fish Sticks.
>Yes, OH YES! They're even better when you're dead!
>>
>Rose...bud...
>Yes, Rosebud Frozen Peas™. Full of fresh country goodness, and green pea-ness.
>Wait, that's terrible, I quit!-Just a handful for the road. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Oh, what luck! There's a french-fry stuck in my beard!
>>
File: tuchis.png (349 KB, 705x477) Image search: [Google]
tuchis.png
349 KB, 705x477
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBTE0wlZF4
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.