[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gunnerkrigg Court
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 00001648.jpg (160 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
00001648.jpg
160 KB, 600x849
>Well.

gunnerkrigg.com
>>
>>81011914
Oh hey, look. Hints of plot advancement.
>>
>>81012038
You're only noticing this now? We've seen progress since the first pages of the chapter
>>
This kind of smacks of "oh I forgot this ought to be an issue, thanks for reminding me, Twitter readers". Kinda feels like something Jeph Jacques would do.
>>
>>81012270
It's what the whole fucking chapter was about.
>>
>>81012454
this, Tom has chapters planned and illustrated weeks in advance now IIRC
>>
>>81012560
Looks shit
>>
>>81013032
>It's like the Citizen Kane of X
Do people even know what makes Citizen Kane the Citizen Kane of films
>>
>>81013032
Mmh, yes, I see.
Why do you keep bringing this up?
Why did you keep bringing up Landis?
Why in gunnerkrigg threads?
I just don't get your point.
>>
>>81013057
No.
They wouldn't use it if they did.
>>
>>81013057
Yes, it was innovative and transformative. What film techniques it didn't pioneer, it used in ways that hadn't been used before in conjuction with other film techniques.

It wasn't just "the best film"--in truth, the script for Citizen Kane is kinda bland. It was the presentation of it all together that made it so important.
>>
>>81013130
Batman is the Citizen Kane of comics.
>>
>>81012560
>Ha ha hahahahahahahahahahaha
That is one bad joke
>>
>>81013057

What was that webcomic that was a definite influence on Problem Sleuth/Homestuck? It popped into my head when thinking about it, but I can't remember the name.
>>
>>81013140
>Yes, it was innovative and transformative. What film techniques it didn't pioneer, it used in ways that hadn't been used before in conjuction with other film techniques.
Ok, so with that in mind, what the fuck makes this bland garbage the Citizen Kane of webcomics
>>81013032
>>
Gunnerkrigg is the Citizen Kano of Harry Potter.
>>
>>81013214
>what the fuck makes this bland garbage the Citizen Kane of webcomics
I don't fucking know, I haven't read EGS in years.
>>
>>81013181
You just don't get it.
>>
>>81013462
>It has the deepest well-written characters.
El Goonish Shive? The comic in which one nerd builds a gender swap gun because he has a fetish for gender swaps?

>It has a grand epic unique story
Again, EL GOONISH SHIVE?

>full of original twists and turns
That can't be true. It's at least a decade old, isn't it? If it were full of original twists and turns, someone would have noticed.

>while also spreading subtle progressive social messages to readers to better the world.
? Don't kinkshame my gender-swap fetish?

> And it manges to blend comedy and drama like no one has before.
"Like no one has before" isn't necessarily a complement. The Room blended comedy and drama like no one had before.
>>
>>81013462
Even if all of this is 100% true, non-trolling, genuinely sincere appraisal of El Goonish Shive... WHAT THE FUCK IS IT IN A GUNNERKRIGG COURT THREAD?

You wanna talk about EGS? Start an EGS thread. Or find another one, if the comic's so good surely there would be another reader of it on /co/ who would start threads.
>>
>>81011914
Reynardine is a failure of a canid.
Can't he smell William and Janet on each other?
Fox god my wrinkled buttocks.
>>
>>81011914
Annie is cute! Cute!

>>81013655
Autism or trolling? You decide. Either way it's shitposting.
>>
>>81013688
>Autism or trolling? You decide. Either way it's shitposting.

Pretty sure it's just a guy who doesn't like EGS trying to get /co/ to also hate EGS through trolling. The hyperbole of the claims as well as the way they're put seem more aimed at riling people up than anything.
>>
>>81013688
Using Autism as an insult isn't mature and very crude.
>>
>>81013655
>Look at Alice in Wonderland, that story is full of crazy stuff but it's deep and well-written.
Not on purpose. Charles Dodgson was literally trying to be as purposefully silly, unpretentious, and simple as possible (except with the chess game in Through the Looking Glass, that was meant to be as obtuse as possible, but still solveable, mathematically, if you disregarded the colors of the chess pieces). They are children's literature, and he had a (perhaps unhealthy) fixation on the innocence of youth. That they also had depth and were well-written is by complete accident, and possibly as much to do with being as allegorical as possible, allowing the adult reader to draw connections the writer may not have intended, or put in subconsciously.

>TG-Gun interesting
Oxymoron, but regardless, no. It's really not interesting. It's fully thought out, Shive spent perhaps too much time thinking through nearly every possible use and justification of the gender swap gun, but it's still the dumbest and most embarrassing part of the comic. Or, it was when I was reading. Every gender swap plot and plot point was ear-bleedingly cringey.

Whatever, I'm gonna start filtering EGS, El Goonish Shive and meanwhile in a much better webcomic.
>>
>>81013724
Anon, pls. ElGoonishShive is very deep and very Kino. The story using TG elements in unique and intriguing ways to the plot. From comical humor to serious drama and progressive messages. It's a story from the heart. All blended together in a well-developed universe with well-developed rules and nature.
>>
>>81013786
Shut up until I can filter you properly.
>>
>>81013688
Annie is shit! Shit!
>>
>>81012560
Could you post a long-running comic that actually deserves advertisement, like Zebra Girl or Bad Machinery?
>>
>>81014617
Have you heard of Gunnerkrigg Court?
>>
>>81014709
>post another long-running comic that actually deserves advertisement
>>
>>81014760
Have you heard of Talon?
That one's decent.
>>
>>81014786
Very underrated and too obscure, sadly.
That one would have deserved some advertising.
>>
>>81014786
>>81014819
Alternatively, Harley Quinn's own nu52 run is still going.
That one doesn't need more advertising, of course, but I love it and it's definitely worth picking up regardless.
>>
>>81012560
>recursively hide the bait
>entire thread disappears
gg
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (557 KB, 940x1445) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
557 KB, 940x1445
>>81014760
Octopus Pie
Widdershins
pic related is scurrycomic.com and shows promise
>>
File: 1369610698080.jpg (21 KB, 291x302) Image search: [Google]
1369610698080.jpg
21 KB, 291x302
>>81012892
Because it is.

EGS is one of those awful slightly fetishistic webcomics that only retards from TV Tropes like.

It's in the same league as Misfile and Dominic Deegan.
>>
File: 72vs924c.jpg (57 KB, 471x525) Image search: [Google]
72vs924c.jpg
57 KB, 471x525
Too much talk of shit comics and not enough of how Annie can "barely keep herself under control"
>>
>>81013032
why's Sette from unsounded playing vidya?
>>
>>81011914
Have any of the human male students ever expressed genuine romantic interest for Annie? Are they all just too intimidated by her to say anything, or do they figure that she has too many issues to deal with? I can't remember.
>>
>>81018666
Jack had a romantic interest but Annie fucked it up by being autistic.
>>
File: sette nope.jpg (45 KB, 131x160) Image search: [Google]
sette nope.jpg
45 KB, 131x160
>>81018218
Please.
If that was Sette we'd have plenty of shots of her feet.
>>
>>81019171
Didn't Jack say that he was interested in Zimmy, not Annie?
>>
>>81019699
He was on the fence, but then Annie was an ass for no reason so he went with Zimmy
>>
>>81019699
Of course.
Everyone loves Zimmy.
I'd like to sit next to her on the train and touch her shoulder with my shoulder.
>>
>>81019938
I want to pop my tongue in her butt.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.