[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im so tired of /co/ collectively revering dr manhattan as THE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: 3975577-drmanhattan_hulk[1].jpg (29 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
3975577-drmanhattan_hulk[1].jpg
29 KB, 350x200
im so tired of /co/ collectively revering dr manhattan as THE MOST POWERFUL SUPERHERO EVER!!! NOBODY CAN DEFEAT HIM!!!

puh-lease. there are a myriad of superheros and villains that could easily defeat him with minimal effort. basically any magic wielder, anybody who can travel past light speed, or anyone who can warp reality.

lets have a thread about how said villain/hero could take out DrM
>>
>>81006374
>there are a myriad of superheros and villains that could easily defeat him with minimal effort. basically any magic wielder, anybody who can travel past light speed, or anyone who can warp reality
But you didn't take his wiener into account.
>>
>go back in time
>kill him before accident
done

no speedforce paradox to avoid, so nothing would stop him
>>
>>81006374

jamie maddox?
>>
>get IG
>power is basically matched
>would be a pretty good fight
>if thanos really didnt want to lose, like lets say it's life or death, im pretty sure he would win
>>
>take possession
>kill himself
>come out on top as the ghost with the most
>>
>>81006374
>im so tired of /co/ collectively revering dr manhattan as THE MOST POWERFUL SUPERHERO EVER!!! NOBODY CAN DEFEAT HIM!!!
Since fucking when does /co/ do this? That's casual shit.
>>
why didn't anyone else try to duplicate the experiment that gave DM his powers? like if ozymandias jumped into that machine, he would have gained all the powers of big blue, PLUS have added intellect on his side
>>
>>81006989
>/co/
>not casual

i see threads on doc manhattan all the fucking time, like "this guy wants to fight you, pick a guy to be on your side and back you up"

or "who could kill doctor manhattan? protip: nobody"
>>
>>81007132
I'm almost always in those threads and I have never seen that shit. Whenever the subject comes up there are anons listing people that outclass Manhattan.
>>
>>81006688
>>power is basically matched
How are "control matter at a molecular level" and "multiple ways to control all of reality at once" matched?
>>
>>81007006
Ozy's intellect came from more of his brain than normal, that probably wouldn't give him a boost when his mind's no longer in a physical brain.
>>
>>81007132
Could he beat Saitama?
>>
>>81007513
Saitama's invulnerability somehow makes him immune to telekinesis, so he's probably immune to DM controlling his molecules.
However Manhattan could just keep recreating himself every time he got one-punched.
>>
>>81007503
nah. remember when doc was trying to solve some kind of problem, even he couldnt solve it. i think he had his regular brain, but just inside a super body
>>
Empty Hand would defeat him by closing the book
>>
File: coop mad.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
coop mad.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>81006374
[presses button marked 'DEFEAT NAKED BLUE DUDE']
>>
>>81007619
His mind exists separate from his body and brain though. That's how he rebuilt himself from nothing and can have several bodies at once.
>>
>>81006374
>there are a myriad of superheros and villains that could easily defeat him with minimal effort. basically any magic wielder, anybody who can travel past light speed, or anyone who can warp reality.

But Manhattan sees the future, and would be able to see these things coming
>>
>>81007732
so he would have the same mental limitations as his regular brain. he only re-materialized himself because he was smart enough to do it. that's why bubastis never came back, because he has a dumb animal brain.

or maybe he really DID re-materialize himself, just after the events of the comic
>>
>>81006374
The point he makes in that universe is that if anybody could kill him, they did/will, since he perceives time all at once and knows the universe is deterministic. He only really has the illusion of free-will because Veidt is blocking his vision.

It doesn't work outside of it.
>>
>>81007691
>not [in case of blue dong break glass]
>>
>>81007861
then how come he never saves that Vietnamese lady from comedian? why was he still surprised when SS told him he was sleeping with night owl?
he can see things coming, but he cant do shit to change their outcome
>>
>>81007866
wasn't he a janitor? I don't think he had the know how to create a human body from scratch, the accident gave him an awareness beyond a normal human, I don't think that awareness would be any stronger in someone who used more of the brain they used to have
>>
>>81007861
>But Manhattan sees the future, and would be able to see these things coming
He still has to play by the rules. Didn't you read the comic.
>>
i know this might not be the thread for it but whose the guy who can "see the flaws" in things and then basically use it to blow people the fuck apart?

This has been bothering me.
>>
File: DrManfaggenMoreLike.jpg (76 KB, 693x993) Image search: [Google]
DrManfaggenMoreLike.jpg
76 KB, 693x993
Molecule Man is literally unstoppable.
>>
File: SaveTheWorldButton.jpg (89 KB, 1130x785) Image search: [Google]
SaveTheWorldButton.jpg
89 KB, 1130x785
>>81007691
>[The button is broken]
>>
>>81007979
>then how come he never saves that Vietnamese lady from comedian?

Because, Comedian was right. Manhattan doesn't give a shit about anything. He's too far gone from humanity
>>
>>81007898
>>81007691

Coop: "Okay you bald... nudist... monstrosity! You attack me out of nowhere..."
Jamie: "Naked!"
Coop: "You melt Megas' arm servo thingy..."
Jamie: "Naked!"
Coop: "...and now you're threatening to wipe out all of Jersey City if you don't get your way?!"
Jamie: "NAKED!"
<record scratch>
Coop: "...Kiva, can I get some back up here? Jamie is gettin' kinda weird about this..."
Kiva: "AND PUT ON SOME PANTS!"
<Kiva reaches across the front seat and slaps a button marked "SHOOT THE NAKED GUY">
>>
>>81008055
Karnak
>>
>>81008020
nuclear physicist. and son of a watchmaker, somehow he knew how to reconstruct himself because of this. i think he WAS cleaning up though, i could be wrong, i havent read it in a while
>>
>>81008205
thanks m8
>>
>>81007612
Saitama might be able to just throw him really far away. Or ignore him and go get something to eat, which is what he'd probably do.
>>
>>81006374
/co/ routinely shits on faggots who think he is like that though
>>
>>81007132
Link me some in the archive faggot
>>
>>81008020
>wasn't he a janitor
Jesus wept. The best fucking issue of the comic and you can't even remember it.
>>
>>81011451
Dr. Manhattan can teleport.
But no, neither of them would give a single shit about the other.
>>
Brock Samson can beat him.
>>
>>81011564
>comic
You're gonna be mad, but...
>>
>>81011655
Jesus Christ, I hate this site.
>>
File: laughing chuck norris.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
laughing chuck norris.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>81006688
>control subatomic particles
>nigh omnipotence/omnicience/omnipresence
>power is basically matched
>>
Dr. Manhattan is basically a weaker shittier Silver Surfer.
>>
File: 1455950238855.jpg (99 KB, 535x363) Image search: [Google]
1455950238855.jpg
99 KB, 535x363
And yet, nobody has mentioned Stardust.
>>
>>81011589
If anything, they might bond over their shared alienation from a normal life.

Just a little. Then they'd go their separate ways.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>81006814
Mfw Ghostbusters fuck him up
>>
>>81006374
Sentry.
>>
>>81007132
I've seen a threads like that but never with Dr Manhattan
>>
>>81006374
That's not The Sentry.
>>
He's what Superman SHOULD be.
A weird omnipotent alien who watches over humanity. Not fucking Goku.
>>
>>81008199
Congratulations, you just made me relive the trauma of knowing megas xlr will never come back
>>
>>81007006
they did. All other experiments failed. They never managed to reconstruct their bodies. Dr M knowledge of clocks helped him to achieve this.
>>
>>81008064
unless Sentry is near
>>
>>81006374
>lets have a thread about how said villain/hero could take out DrM
Literally anyone if you write a solution.

They're fictional characters, anon.
>>
>>81012119
Manhattan could just grab the glove off his hand though
>>
The Doctor could erase him from existence

That's boring I know but he could do it
>>
>>81017148
Who is The Doctor?
>>
>>81017899
He's The Doctor, anon.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.