[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Creative comics run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1458386915796s.jpg (11 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
1458386915796s.jpg
11 KB, 250x222
I would write a story about batman fighting a villian who is trying to purge that he believes to be the supernatural sickness causing gotham to rot ( ie killing notorious rotten families, destroying landmark thought to be corrupt or built on corrupt land). The story would explore what makes gotham a city that corrupts every one who lives in it and drives them mad (batman, harely, two face, ect) and explore how t he history has caused the city to deteriorate (such as the fact it was founded by a mercenary). The villian is not insane, he is clear headed. We also vet characters like the spectre and phantom stranger and Jason blood, who give insight to the idea that maybe the corruption is supernatural and haunted by the sins of yesterday.
>>
>>80987872
Would the giant bat from Dark Night, Dark City be involved somehow?
>>
A story where Doctor Fate, Mr. Terrific, and Adam Strange are sitting in a room together debating whether or not Hawkman's powers are based on magic, science, or are just alien in nature
>>
A short story of a gotham support group for obscure, lost supervillians who come to get her to complain about the fact they're not joker or two face tier. They also talk about how irritated they are that the cops assume that they're insane (polka dot man). The story would climax with joker coming in and the villians scared shit less about the fact they're gonna die. Joker leaves because nobody would give a shit if they died and it would be a mercy kill.
>>
>>80991806
Everything about the cities lore and history would be used. The court of owls would have been established because the rich went "fuck the poor and the criminals" and watch and control everything from their nest far above the squalor.
>>
Short story about the spectre. I don't know exactly what what the story would be but I always loved those classic stories where the spectre kills someone in a fucked up way fit for their crime. I've always enjoyed his macabre sense of humor.
>>
Self bump
>>
>>80992359
>Turns out it's all three
>>
A story similar to Books of Magic in which Solomon Grundy wants to pass on into the afterlife and Alan Scott helps him on that quest. They tour around all sorts of DC afterlives and dimensions, like Heaven, Hell, the Astral Plane, The Dreaming, Purgatory, and Valhalla. Finally, Grundy finds peace in Limbo, the home of forgotten characters. Buried on a Sunday.
>>
>>80993129
Would you incorporate stuff from the Elseworlds Doom that Came to Gotham?
>>
>>80993004
that is a good idea my friend

maybe its just because i love alternative support groups but i would read it
>>
>>80996315
>>80996315
>Hawkman convinces each one that their theory is wrong and it's something else.

I don't know how in-character it would be, but I'd chuckle.

There's two story ideas that would need a lot of fleshing out:

>Bane and Deathstroke leading their respective mercenary outfits in a joint-operation
>Goal is to seize a remote fortified town in a mountainous region somewhere
>Working together means balancing mistrust and potential double-cross
>"Documentary/Camera Verite style", accompanied by documentary crew whose topic is mercenaries in DC's Earth
>"Unnamed cameos" from Suicide Squad operatives

Second idea is more of a one-shot:
>History of Metropolis
>Going full Morrison with name: ties to Fritz Lang, significance of naming city after transit system
>Modernity left unchecked, Metropolis is like New York slammed between Amsterdam and Tokyo
>Comparison of Metropolis to Gotham (bright, endlessly busy)
>>
>>81000337
I will need to check that one out. I would include some elseworlds stuff. Make some canon, make some stories that people in gotham make up. So if I used the elseworlds vampire batman, it would be about how people think batman is a man who during his career was bit by a vampire and that's why he is so violent later on in his career.
>>
>>80987872
OP, I recommend you also use Scott snyder ' gates of gotham mini, it explores the history of the architecture in gotham. I think gotham should be treated as a lovecraftian city where it brings out the worst in people. In the day it's this dull city stuck in in the 40s and there's nothing to marvel at but at night it's fucked up and the lights make it look like a dark, rotting hell. Also the fact that the city is nothing impressive would drive the city of gotham to use the supervillians as selling points for people to come visit; to gawk at the villians as they roam the streets ( of course, it would be the stupid ones who come to gotham and end up fucked up or dead)
>>
>>80987872
>creative
>capeshit

You made your first mistake there friendo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.