[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT, we come up with non-retarded ways to include Gotham in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
ITT, we come up with non-retarded ways to include Gotham in the DCTV universe.
>>
>>80984790
I doubt it's really possible. If you really, really wanted to, you could say Gotham was happening at the same time as Arrow/Flash, but that would be weird and shitty.
>>
>>80984806
I said non-retarded
>>
>>80984790
A magical banana is found by Penguin, who when peeling it reveals a mega-genie not a regular genie. Penguin wishes there was more he could rule so the genie shows him the multiverse and offers him any world to conquer and he sees Felicity in one of the portals and falls in love with the absolute perfection he must be with and changes his wish for his world and hers to be one.
>>
>>80984866
>Gotham and Once Upon a Time in the DCTVU
I'm OK with that
>>
>>80984790
The only way it works is that the events of the show are in the past, and the events of Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow all take place in between the time Bruce leaves Gotham, to when he comes back as Batman
>>
I got it!

Okay, so little babby Bruce is wanting to ask out selina. Through a deus ex machina he ends up with her phone number and asks her out. Later selina has no memory of this because the phone call Bruce made was to the cwverse selina
>>
>>80984790
Why?

Gotham is perfect as a standalone universe.

I would like to see more bruce training with different martial arts and all of that but. So far is perfect, Jada does need to die again
>>
>>80984790
Bruce is already smarter than everyone in the felicityverse.
>>
> Gotham
> non-retarded
Well, there's your problem.
>>
>>80984971
Gotham's better than any other DCTV. Watch past the first few episodes.
>>
>>80984997
I got to Fish taken from her boat to that slave prison and she became boss prisoner and was bossing her captors and dropped it.
>>
>>80984923
CAT-AI FINDS A WAY
>>
>>80985059
Yeah, Fish was shit, but it makes her death pretty damn satisfying.
>>
So who was the Harley Quinn with the butch cut suppose ot be a new Joker or Quinn or something? I noticed she had a lot of this verses Joker in the edited/music video behind th eband.
>>
>>80984997
It's entertaining to watch, but not any less retarded.
>>
>>80985205
At least it's aware it's retarded, and the main characters have some semblance of charisma. In Arrow and Flash, they act like the plots are Kubrick, and the characters are all varying levels of incredibly grating.
>>
>>80985059
Start with the second season. It's significantly better than the first.
>>
>>80985147
just an entertainer
>>
>>80984790
It occurs years before the events of Supergirl (or Arrow).
>>
In the first season of Flash it's straight up said that Thawn goes back in time and creates the Flash "early" so he can use his speed to get home.
So as far as I'm concerned, Flash gets his powers earlier than he should have, and Bruce is still a kid.
>>
Gotham took place ten or 15 years before Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl. Or its an alt universe like Supergirl.

They all get combined in a Crises on Infinite Networks
>>
>>80984866
>not a sandwich
>>
Gotham was all Felicity's fault.

/shots fired.
>>
>>80984971
Pleb alert. I bet you like Jessica Jones
>>
>>80984888
This. Gotham should take place in the past so Bruce would be around the same age as Oliver, Barry, etc. Also his absence during Flash and Arrow would make sense considering the Queen/Wayne merger in 2024.
>>
>>80988244
I'm pretty sure Savage killed bruce and Clark as children
>>
>>80984790

Batfleck is really Jason Todd who calls himself "Bruce", to cope with the real Batman who has either died or vanished.
>>
Gotham is an alternate timeline that got erased due to 'the Legends of Tomorrow fucking up the timeline.
>>
>>80985147
Have you been paying attention to the background? There's been graffiti all over in Jerome's image. There's a whole cult around the idea of Jerome killing and treating it like a joke. Tank Girl/Grandma Harley was just one of those people.

It makes it so that the idea of the Joker existed in Gotham before the Joker did, which is a really interesting take on it. Like, remember how in Batman Beyond there were gangs of Joker themed gangbangers just following in his footsteps? This is like that, except the myth of the Joker is starting before the Joker even existed. Anybody can just step up and into that role, so there's no knowing who the "real" Joker will be.

I hope they just leave Jerome dead though. The bait and switch was one of the best parts of the whole show, but people keep clamoring for the actor to come back. The Joker not having a name or identity was one of the ways Gotham really showed they got the Joker.
>>
>>80988347
I don't think so. If you're referring to the "I've seen Dark Knights Fall" thing I'm pretty sure that's from the future. Remember that Barry still has to help found the JLA
>>
>>80984854
you did but you were talking about the DCTV universe, which contains universe jumping, time-travel, demonology, boxing glove arrows, and the concept that Stephen Amell is a convincing authority figure
>>
>>80984888
>>80988327

Gotham intentionally uses a wide range of different technologies from different eras so it can't be set in a pin point time era.

It's best set in it's own universe or a part of the late 90s films.
>>
>>80984790
It takes place years before the Flash and Arrow
>>
>>80984790
Multiverse.
>>
Historical footage, newspaper clippings, flashbacks,
>>
>>80984790
fuck that

cancel Arrow and do a new Green Arrow show set in the Gotham'verse
>>
>>80984790

Hypercrisis.

'Nuff said.
>>
>>80989799
I have a better idea: have a show about Deathstroke in the Gothamverse.
>>
>>80984790

>Gordon: have you seen this photo of my Goddaughter Felicity Smoak? She's really good with computers. I wonder how she's doing.
>>
File: SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (831 KB, 1651x1261) Image search: [Google]
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
831 KB, 1651x1261
>>80990110
>>
>>80988497
Wait, there was Joker art before the Joker made his appearance?
>>
>>80987531
This dude got it; Gotham is in the (past of the) Supergirl universe where Superman and the JL exist.
It's where the Titans series should've been set as well, if it weren't cancelled
>>
>>80988347
This would be a cool reason they aren't around.
Vandal of Earth prime or Earth 5 or wherever contacted E1 Vandal
>>
>>80991704
Not before Jerome. It was after he made a big show on TV and people started emulating him. The graffiti has been in backgrounds in a few episodes since. Grandma Harley was just the first time we've been openly exposed to that subculture/scene in Gotham
>>
>>80990110
Fuck you
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.