[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw fan screening last night for BvS. AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Batman v Superman.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2948) Image search: [Google]
Batman v Superman.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2948
Other AMA thread sucked ass.

Ask me literally anything about the movie and I'll tell you what's up.
>>
Movies cost like 30 dollars here. It worth paying 30 buckaroos?
>>
>>80982072
What did you think?
>>
Just give us the rating out of 10. Strong points, weak points, shit like that
>>
>>80982072
Is it as retarded as the scene in your pic?
>>
>>80982072
Did Supes put up a fight when the time came to have his ass beaten or was he completely depowered?
>>
>>80982072
how edgy and brooding are the characters? Such innovative and unique character design !
>>
Does Superman "die" in the end?
>>
>>80982148
This is from someone who liked MoS well enough

At least 8 out of 10, I try not to get all hyped up on a movie because usually just after seeing it I'm more forgiving, but it definitely was enjoyable

>pros
Lex and wonder woman were surprisingly good, wasn't expecting much

Batman obviously great, though he does murder at least 10-15 people

It was very much a Superman movie. Batman had his own deal wanting to take down Superman but superman had other shit to deal, so the conflict was a little one sided

Cameos (I thought they were cool)

Action looked great

>cons
Started dragging in the middle

Couple jokes here and there don't really land

Eisenberg may have been a little too crazy

>>80982207
he tried to reason with batman but batman had traps ready for him which pisses Superman off and they fight. It goes pretty back and forth with each getting punched through walls and shit. Batmans mask breaks like a minute into the actual fight. Batman clearly won though

>>80982232
yeah
>>
>>80982362
So the Kryptonite doesn't completely depower Superman, just makes him much weaker but still above human right?
>>
>>80982413
it looks like it's painful, but it was also in gas grenades so Idk if it's different. Don't think it got as low as human strength, but his strength slowly starts coming back through the fight until he gets hit with a second grenade, thrown down like 5 stories, and Batman pulls out the kryptonite spear to finish him off
>>
>>80982140
It's worth the highest quality viewing possible. I watched it in IMAX and I was really blown away on how beautiful the movie looked.

>>80982148
>>80982146
9/10

I honestly didn't like Lex in this movie because it wasn't the Lex I know and love from the comics. For people who are only really used to Lex from Superman Returns and maybe Smallville. This Lex would be alright to them. He was honestly the weakest part of the movie. I think what made me not cringe too much during his parts was the score that accompanied him and the way the scenes with him were put together. There's a scene where He's trying to do a speech at his party but he stumbles and fucks up and acts super awkward but he really sells the role for what it was given to Jesse.

I was surprised by Gal's acting because it wasn't terrible. She isn't in the movie all that much and she's only in like 3-4 important scenes that moved the plot along. She really showcased how she outclasses Supes in the fight with Doomsday. She felt more experienced and far more superior in combat. Zack Snyder did the character Justice.

Ben had a good performance, he did a marvelous job at creating a compelling and more driven Batman. I don't know who did what to make Batman have more depth but holy fuck this Batman is fucking SAD AS FUCK. Also they did the Death of the Waynes super fucking capeshit like EMPHASIS ON THE PEARLS. FUCK YOU NOLAN.

Henry had a good performance, too. He really sold an enduring Superman. I honestly think this is the saddest Superman I've ever seen. He really makes you feel for Supes. He doesn't have TOO many memorable lines, it's moreso his facial expressions and how he looks that really gets you. The face he makes after the Senate hearing, when he's watching the news about him, and when climax of the BvS fight happens are what makes me wanna hug Supes.

Cont.
>>
>>80982540
Other Justice League members are placed in well within the movie. Didn't feel rushed at all, it made sense. It felt organic. Also pretty cool easter egg, there's a scene with Cyborg and Silas Stone uses a motherbox to help his son. I fucking creamed my undies seeing that unfold.

The knightmare sequence/scene felt weird even for someone who understands comic book shit. It felt SUPER CAPESHIT. Like something you'd read in the comics, but I enjoyed it. My only worry is that the general audiences are going to be confused about that scene. Let's just say the scene with Bruce and Barry felt like it was pulled straight from Crisis on Infinite Earths death panel of Barry

Lastly the fight(s)

The one with Bats and Supes was fucking great. It was a super Batwank though but what can you expect when the inspiration for this movie was TDKR. There's an emotional scene with Bats and Supes that will make you be like "Wow wow weee wow I'm crying like a bitch." Also the rumors of Bruce freaking out when Clark yells, "I have to save Martha." And Bruce freaks out because "muh same mom"

The Doomsday fight scene is fucking cool but lackluster because it was short. Like I mentioned earlier Diana fucking carried that fight. Supes was so outclassed by her. Bats just did stupid shit like zipping around with his grappling hook and shit. How they defeat Doomsday is super emotional. There's a scene with Deadsupes and Lois holding him and WW and Bats are on the side looking down on him. IT WAS SUPER CAPESHIT

Overall I liked the movie very much. Can't wait to see it again.
>>
>>80982205
Not really. I feel like the cinematography is god-tier.
>>
>>80982540
Finally someone else who fucking liked it.

Everyone last night seemed to think it was confusing, muddled, and desperate but I guess people just like to shit on stuff. Even if you don't like it, I don't think there is enough bad about it that would justify calling it a bad movie
>>
File: 1457242948244.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1457242948244.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>Actually killing Superman
>In the movie to set up Justice League
Goddamn. I loved Man of Steel but this is fucking ridiculous. EVERYONE hated the Return of Superman. It killed death in comics. It means death is meaningless now.
Holy shit
>>
Who kills Superman? I assume it's Doomsday?
>>
>>80983074
Yes
>>
>>80983140
What's the context of that? Like how does Superman die?
>>
>>80982964
I think there is another reason for it, kind of like all the destruction in man of steel was meant to make people distrust him, Superman dying essentially wins the world over in his favor. When he comes back, everyone will believe in him because he died to save people. No more generally divisive figure, he will overwhelming be supported

>>80983177
Stabs doomsday with kryptonite spear, doomsday Stabs Superman with bone spike, Superman further impales himself pushing the spear further into doomsday until both die
>>
>>80983223
Is the heartbeat scene good?
>>
>>80983459
it's so quick. Like dirt gets an inch off casket then black. Whole funeral bit was good though. Saw the funeral they had for Superman and the one for Clark. Also a short scene of Batman confronting Lex in prison
>>
Any post credit scene?

Any references to other DC characters? Joker? Riddler?
>>
>>80983574
Thats a pretty good allusion to his first flight
>>
>>80983676
None.

Amanda Waller visits Lex. "Tell me what you know about Doomsday."
>>
>>80983676
flash twice, cyborg, and Aquaman are seen. Joker is only alluded to from the Robin suit and that comment "Gotham has had enough trouble with freaks dressed like clowns" or whatever. And that other anon is full of shit, waller doesn't show up. Batman confronts Lex in prison and Lex tells batman he sent out a signal attracting other aliens to earth
>>
>>80983765
Why does he wear the spikes?
>>
>HURR rate out of 10

Fuck you faggots, a /10 rating means literally nothing. Rank MoS, each of Nolan's movies, and BvS with > symbols so we can get an actual idea what you think of it.
>>
>>80983789
Anon was joking
>>
How was DKRmor Batman vs. Superman compared to Hulk vs. Veronica?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZKTC5C8vI

How did it compare to previous motion adaptations of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG1MCU-idJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDIR_e3XRKM
>>
>>80983223
Snyder can eat shit with his Christ analog.
>>
>>80983907
7/10 MoS. BB 8/10. TDK 9/10. TDKR 7/10

Marvel movies frank/10
>>
>>80983940
Seems like everyone who sees this movie early has terrible taste and I'll have no idea how good it is until I see it myself
>>
>>80983907
BvS>begins >the dark Knight >>>>man of steel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>dark Knight rises

>>80983912
You're probably right. All nighter for my physics exam has dulled my humor senses

>>80983936
Not a big fan of it either, but I don't think there was any other way realistically for Superman to achieve universal support like he has in the comics
>>
>>80982215
>Such innovative and unique character design !

Pretty sure WB didn't make Batman and Superman, they only took the established costumes and made small changes to them. You're bitching at the wrong people.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.