[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 17
File: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 005-019.jpg (424 KB, 1080x1660) Image search: [Google]
The Mighty Thor (2015-) 005-019.jpg
424 KB, 1080x1660
So I finally got down and binged The New Thor stuff, and I got to say I don't really get the hate.

She's not really any better or worse then Thor Odinson.
>>
>>80961622

>she

do you get the hate now?
>>
>>80961622
What are you talking about? She bears Mjolnir best
Old Thor said so
>>
>>80961702
but anon, people love Sif and Valkyrie and Mayday and Kamala and some people even like Silk's non-Slott stuff
Gender doesn't prevent people from liking good writing.
>>
Yeah I gotta agree.
Other then the horrific Tirana scene and maybe making Odin too much of a dick, and harping on the idea that kingdoms ruled by men are a relic and bad in some way it's pretty good overall.
>>
>>80961702
No, plus Avengers already set up the nine realms having two thors so who cares

>>80961714
No he didn't, he said it never did the ricochet thing
>>
>>80961766

sif and valk have been criminally underused lately, so its hard to hate them

but there was just a Kamala hate thread like 2 days ago which got some 150+ replies, and ive seen lots of Silk hate

it doesn't help the writing isnt stellar and specially in her team book, there have been horrid panels (the titania&creel literally jobbing to her page) about her
>>
>>80961622
>She's not really any better or worse then Thor Odinson.
Besides the fact that the book seems to be unable to tell a coherent story Jane as Thor is incredibly one note? It was really fun just seeing Thor hanging out cause he was a really cool dude and all around bro. Jane just goes around smashing shit with her hammer but none of the shit she does makes a difference because the plot hardly moves at all and the things that do happen certainly have nothing to do with anything she does.
Putting the the woman thing completely aside have no praise for this book besides Dauterman's art.
>>
>>80961852
I agree, generally speaking, except about the Titania thing. That really is pretty much Titania's character. If anything it was so stupidly fitting I'm kind of surprised it didn't thrill all the /co/mrades who had shitty political insert characters.
>>
>>80961871
And Loki, don't forget about the lovable scamp
>>
>>80961871
>It was really fun just seeing Thor hanging out cause he was a really cool dude and all around bro. Jane just goes around smashing shit with her hammer but none of the shit she does makes a difference because the plot hardly moves at all and the things that do happen certainly have nothing to do with anything she does.

This is fair. Thor was bro-tier and even Valkyrie has that asgardian down-to-earth fun likeability

Jane doesn't have that.
>>
>>80961852
>and ive seen lots of Silk hate
Maybe it helps that the only Silk stuff i've read is her solo, but I've been really liking her and Black Cats bonding adventure.
>>
There was a certain level of petty moralizing around it that rankled some feathers.

Personally, calling her Thor instead of Thordis or the like was a missed opportunity to establish a stronger longer term personal identity for this iteration of a hammer wielder. Also the half-assed "mystery" about who it was sucked early characterization right out of the story making for a poor first impression.
>>
>>80961852
>but there was just a Kamala hate thread like 2 days ago which got some 150+ replies
Because the people who like her have been baited hard.
Seriously, the "haters" were just incoherent islamophobia and invokations of tumblr.

>>80961956
The entire fucking scene made no sense and only plastered more FEMINISM! all over the book so they can act as though there was a controversy.

>>80961960
If the comic is only good when it's not about the title character, you have a serious problem.

>>80962028
It certainly helps to get some context as to what Black Cat is trying to do and to showcase her as far more grey than we previously were led to believe.
>>
>>80962083
>It certainly helps to get some context as to what Black Cat is trying to do and to showcase her as far more grey than we previously were led to believe.
Her solo took two things Slott broke and is putting them back together again. Beautiful. Now all we need is Slott off the main Spider book and we can save it all.
>>
>>80962083
>The entire fucking scene made no sense and only plastered more FEMINISM! all over the book so they can act as though there was a controversy.
Eh. Agree and disagree again. Titania as a character has always been that stupid. Always. It's pretty much the opposite side of her same stupid coin.
>>
>>80962153
It certainly feels like a haphazard band aid, with the pointlessly rotating artists, half of which ought to just be fired.
>>
Friendly reminder that Valkyrie open approach to sexuality and iconoclastic views on gender roles made her more progressive than almost any other Marvel char, while simultaneously being still likeable.

Even Moonstar as a Hel Valk was more progressive and more badass.
>>
I don't read the book so I'm not gonna post my opinion about it, only thing I saw was the Titania page. It didn't make me want to pick up the book, but then again I was never a Thor fan anyway.

I do think /co/ is overreacting when it comes to this series though, like holy shit people are really triggered about it. Just don't read it/don't support it if you don't like it, it's what I'm doing. I actually respect your opinion more OP, since you actually read the entire series. I'll bet my left nut that 99% of the people complaining about Thor don't even read the book.
>>
>>80962201
I don't get why people get mad at Thor for that scene, Thor didn't do anything, Titania took out Creel, and then allowed herself to be hit.

Probably lady jerking it to Thor pics in her cell
>>
Calling it now. She gets stronger as her normal body dies.
>>
>>80962333

people are mad not that char, but at the way Marvel's editorial mandate to make villains give her a free pass because girl
>>
>>80962333
>>80962201
No one gives a shit about what was in character or not. The entire thing was a retarded contrived meta commentary that wasn't needed in the first place. Meta commentary is pretty much never a good thing.
>>
>>80962333
Yeah. She punched out her husband. In the middle of a heist they had reason to assume they could get away with because that girly Thor is an unknown.
At the very least they should have tried running.
Instead Creel spouts really hamfisted misogyny in front of his fucking wife.
The guy got beaten up by She-Hulk how many times and has been with Titania for how many years?
If anyone has no excuse for belittling super-powered women it's him.
Surem they are the go-to heels, but they did not even fight or flee.
Titania just folded. Because grrrl power! Because She-Hulk, Hellcat and all the others don't count, somehow...
This scene screamed mandate and disrespect for the audience.
"If you don't like it, you hate women, you evil misogynist!"
>>
>>80962559
>>80962421
>>80962401
It was a small, unimportant scene so getting mad over it seems a bit overblown.
>>
>>80962640
So unimportant it could be cut out entirely even. I'm not particularly mad about it but for a writer to throw that in just to make a jab at a certain group of people is extremely petty and didn't endear me to the book at all which doesn't even stand on its own two feet despite that little scene telling the readers it should be taken seriously.
>>
File: thorbreasts.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thorbreasts.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>80961622

Hi Bendis
>>
>>80962847
What does Bendis have to do with anything?
>>
What is wrong with her eyes? Is it her helmet?
>>
File: with love from bendis.jpg (733 KB, 1315x2048) Image search: [Google]
with love from bendis.jpg
733 KB, 1315x2048
>>80962882
>>
>>80962949
i dont know if thats the guy from limp bizkit or korn but i just had a flashback to my middle school days looking a it
>>
>>80962640
Embedded in a comic that does nothing to dispel the notion.
Over the entire length of it, we have Odin painted as a villain and hating on Jane for no fucking reason to the point of causing an uprising against himself.
We have two separate instances of female leader figures being suppressed by male tyrants, Jane getting praised by people far beyond reason, an actual list made of characters who would have been a better choice than Jane...
After the reboot it just feels like they are picking up the pieces of the shit they did before, trying to somehow turn that shit around and make it go somewhere.
But as of now, Jane has accomplished exactly nothing, the audience learned nothing, Odinson only now even shows up again...
This is how many issues? 12?
And 8 of those are just setting up a big non-reveal.
>>
>>80962975
What does that have to do with Thor?
>>
>>80962975
>Having a black character "HIT THOSE SHOWERS"
Man Bendis is just playing those stereotypes isn't he?
>>
>>80962986
> guy from limp bizkit
It's him, but you didn't answer my question you nob
>>
>>80963040
Yes it is her helmet.
>>
File: 1439474807608.png (177 KB, 907x831) Image search: [Google]
1439474807608.png
177 KB, 907x831
>>80961827
>No he didn't, he said it never did the ricochet thing
>>
>>80961622
>I don't really get the hate.
Of course you don't...
>>
>>80961622
She spends 90% of her time fighting rehashes and her story literally goes nowhere forever.

It's fucking boring.

Compared to god of thunder, where we had little tidbits of Thor doing heroics or as a young barbarian, Whor is shallow and uninteresting.
The most interesting thing she did was shoot a red laser beam and Odin.
>>
>>80964109
Uhm, well.
Given the context, he could not be talking about Jane, but any number of women who might have held that hammer for a while between now and millennia from now.
>>
>>80962975
Is this a parody of SJWs? It feels a little over the top.
>>
>>80961622
I dont hate it, I just find it super bland and the constant WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN thing is just annoying, ok you are a girl, get on with the story now.
>>
>>80964539
Nope it's Bendis actual target audience being written in his comics, he is going to use her more btw.
>>
>>80962201
Titania's fought against Shulk, for example, plenty of times before. Why would she suddenly give Fosthor a "girl power" pass?
>>
>>80965402
Meh, she's cute. Make her Black MJ and lets have a party
>>
>>80968544
Is she black?
>>
>>80962975
>I'm half hispanic?
Do people even talk like this? In my experience they'd say I'm half [whatever country the other half is from].
>>
I dont follow this shit

Did they explain how some bed-ridden cancer patient managed to sneak out of a city full of gods and get on the moon to convince the hammer that she's worthy?
>>
>>80968793
They haven't even explained why Thor dropped the hammer.
>>
>>80968774
I have seen lots of people say they were part native american/indian
>>
>>80969285
Those are probably people who discovered that from some online genealogy thing.
>>
File: Dark Cena.gif (2 MB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cena.gif
2 MB, 400x220
>>80961622
>Potential Cena Fan Detected
>>
>>80968544
>black MJ
>implying she's black
>implying she's not going to be Miles' J. Jonah Jameson
Get me instagrams! Instagrams of Spider-man!
>>
>>80964354
Her next arc is actually just a Thor as a young barbarian arc. It's like Aaron doesn't even want to write her anymore, but Marvel has done so much press hyping her up that he can't just finish up her arc.
>>
>>80968793
Getting on the moon would hardly be difficult considering it was the blue side of the moon and that's where Asgardia was at the time.
>>
So why did original thor lose the hammer and whats he up to these days?
>>
>>80971658
Samuel L Jackson whispered something to him and he became unworthy. Then a bunch of evil avengers came to town and one of them was an evil thor who carried around a mjolnir that looks for unworthy people so after the 616 dudes slapped their shit, 616 thor stole evil thor's unworthy mjolnir then he bro'd it up with hyperion where they go on manly adventures while sporting the manliest beards ever.

Both of them did a suicide attack on those beyonders (while screaming NO HOMO) so they're kinda dead right now
>>
>>80971832
The kind of dead that comic people come back from?
also, got a pic of amazing beard?
>>
>>80971832
we saw Thor with his new hammer being held prisoner by Malekith in the latest issue
>>
File: the-old-vs-the-new.jpg (154 KB, 593x457) Image search: [Google]
the-old-vs-the-new.jpg
154 KB, 593x457
>>80961702
People hate it because it is trying to push an agenda.
And before you get on you're feminist high-horse, all force agendas usually get a bad reception not just forced feminism.

Keep you're political beliefs away from my comics, kthx.

Picture related, this is when it went to far. That is fucking Odin, he was the leader of Asgard before humans existed.

But feminism is "oh so correct" you know what? Fuck it, even Odin is a woman hating misogynist.
>>
>>80972058
Is that hammer important or anything?
>>
>>80962083
>incoherent islamophobia
Last time i posting something bad about Islam i got a ban, literally the first time ever and i have plenty of hate to go around.

The Jews don't control shit on this website, its the Muslims.
>>
>>80972288
k
>>
File: thor wtf am i reading.jpg (99 KB, 381x620) Image search: [Google]
thor wtf am i reading.jpg
99 KB, 381x620
>>80961766
>shitface Frost Giant capable of restraining Thor, a being capable of destroying worlds with his bare hands
>Malekith, aka the faggot lovechild of Joker and evil Loki capable of cutting Thor's arm off
>Odin acting like a massive retard
>Freya actually important and deserving of ruling in place of Odin
>Asgardians actually favoring Freya over Odin
>Whor actually capable of holding more than 1minute against Odin when even Thor and Silver Surfer 2v1ing Odin were incapable
>Good writing
Pick one please
>>
>>80972257
>Picture related
>one of the many scenes that implicate The Serpent is the one responsible for everything wrong with Odin
>>
>>80972260
dunno.
I mean last I checked there's three 'spare' hammers floating around 616. That one, Ultimate Thor's hammer, and the Mjolnir retrieved from a pocket universe by Ragnarock (the Thor clone) during Dark Avengers
>>
So what's FemThor's personality like? Besides 'Not being Thor'.

Can anyone tell me what she's like without describing her to be exactly like Odinson?
>>
>>80973334
Actually there's one more because of time travel shenanigans in the current Avengers.
>>
>>80973366
'Hit shit with my shiny new hammer' is her character type. She actually has more personality in Avengers than in her own book.
>>
>>80973407

I want Eric Masterson back.
>>
>>80973366
shes a mouthpice for some editorial mission

her personality has been developed little in this run despite having lots of backstory and predecent in thor comics
>>
>>80961622
>her name is Thor

haha wtf is this
>>
>>80973566
Welcome to 2 years ago faggot.
>>
>>80961622
Why isn't her name Thunderer instead of Thor? It's not like Thor is a title, and she doesn't have a piece of Odinson's soul stuck in her.
>>
>So I finally got down and binged The New Thor stuff, and I got to say I don't really get the hate.

Obviously you havent been reading Thor before female thor. I really dont give a shit about female thor, it's just that She said that she is strongly against of using magic to cure her cancer and for some reason she decided to wield the hammer.

Also Odin could have made another mjolnir for Odinson, like what he did for Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>80973656
see >>80973656
>>
File: iron man oh the horror.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
iron man oh the horror.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>80973689
see >>80973689
>>
>>80973711
woops that was sposed to go here >>80973584
>>
>>80961622
The cancer needs to kill her FASTER. And then Thor can be Thor again and Jane Foster can be worm food.
>>
>>80973656
one of the many powers of Thor is having the name Thor.
>>
File: whor.jpg (838 KB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
whor.jpg
838 KB, 1249x1920
>>80961622
>shits on comic lore
>shits on male characters
>whor does barely anything and is immediately seen as the best there is
>no character flaws and is always right
>takes a legitimate argument by a supervillain and uses it as a strawman to call out naysayers of the comic
>pointless and drawn out mystery of who she is
>constantly trying to talk back to people that don't like (for example that OP image)

I will admit that I haven't read too many of it but I have read several issues and it just isn't good. She's not a good character.
>>
>>80973673
I've read a bunch of Thor, not the old old stuff, but the stuff after he revived Asgard in America and was made king.

and my impression is that Jane is a suicidal puppet being used by a hammer that's gained self-awareness and agency. As for Odin, seems to me like whatever The Serpent did to him has tainted his power, making him weaker and making his old enchantments no longer recognize him. If he tried to make a new hammer now it would probably come out evil.
>>
>>80973656
she has some immortal odinson spunk still swimming in her tho
>>
>>80961766
Mayday? I don't spend the most time here, but I haven't seen anything on her.
>>
>>80962559
Whor also hit a enemy that had already surrendered
>>
>>80973968
>As for Odin, seems to me like whatever The Serpent did to him has tainted his power, making him weaker and making his old enchantments no longer recognize him
Christ, why the fuck is Cul even a thing? That's not fucking Norse mythology at all. Cul's not a thing. Tenth Realm isn't a thing. This is fucking garbage.
>>
>>80973366
She talks like Thor, but we also have internal monologue were she talks like Jane.

It's a weird dichotomy were you get the old boustrious "Let's fuck shit up and sing shanties" mixed with "It sucks to be dying with cancer and i have a duty." laced with the occasional "Holy shit I can shoot lightning"
>>
>>80973883
What the fuck is the from
>>
>>80975077
Neither are the Warriors Three, Beta Ray Bill, Malekith, or Loki being his brother.
>>
>>80971832
>Samuel L Jackson
It was Fury Sr., not Fury Jr or Ultimate Fury.
>>
>>80973334
That one WAS Ultimate Thor's hammer.
>>
>>80975077
>That's not fucking Norse mythology at all
Are you stupid, sense when has any of this been true to the myths

>Loki isn't Odin's blood oathed brother
>No Apples of eternal life
>Jotuns are all idiots instead of tricksters
>Thor doesn't have a seedy little servant
>>
>>80961622
You're an idiot for not knowing this.
A good third of the hate is "don't change anything" comic "purists" who think that all comics should stay just the same as when they first read one. Every comicgeek must eventually go through and move past this childish phase of fandom.
Another third is Misogynists who have long ago idealised MANthor as THE most powerful thug in all of comics, their hatred of women is evidenced by the unfailing insistence upon it being ridiculous (REDUCKYOULUST!) that a woman, a woman(!), could ever be as powerful as their MANgod, 'cause all womyns is weak. They also tend to like Superman if they read DC.
The last third is the most ugly by far. It's a /pol/ thing.
Odin, Thor, Norse iconography has long been used by white supremacists in their self-validation. The "Odin's cross" tattoo is both actual historic Norse stuff but also a NeoNAZI hate mark. There's a big "extreme right" presence in /pol/ who will on occasion come to /co/ to shitpost about how comics should conform to ... well you get it by now.

And that's why we can't chan about nice things.
>>
>>80976229
>They also tend to like Superman if they read DC.
Woah man, don't go lumping us Superfags with the he-man woman haters club.
>>
>>80976229
What about those of us who think it's poorly written and handled? Also, misogynists of the type you describe are more likely to be Batfags.
>>
>>80976229
I've just been binging alot of the new stuff, but it seems /co/ hates it all. I mean i grew up with all the same characters everyone else did. Still i couldn't care one iota if Thor is female now, and odinson has a cool arm now.

For years the biggest reason i didnt get into comics was becuase nothing changed, except those what if BS stuff, Now we finally get change and everyone is crying like they got mauled by a bear
>>
>>80977614
>it's poorly written and handled
There has never been a comic run that doesn't get this opinion, so it is really hard to take seriously, especially when said opinion is perforated with "Whor"
>>
>>80977685
...what? Yeah, not everyone likes everything. I like Johns' Green Lantern and Fraction's Hawkeye and the works of Chris Ware. I respect that some people don't. I don't like Fosthor's runs. Some people might, that's fine, but personally I find it really unenjoyable.
>>
>>80976229
Nope.

The writing is just really bad and it relies on the whole "LOOK ITS A WOMAN THOR" gimmick.

Also I love how you use misogyny as a shield against criticism. Its the ghostbusters remake of comics.
>>
>>80977650
I only got into comics a couple years ago and have done a lot of binge reading and really don't mind most of the new stuff. I never even considered Vision could be a compelling character but his current solo is fantastic. Ultimates and her current solo run has gotten me reading Carol's older stuff. Silk has started repairing the damage to Black Cat. ASM is sloppy but I still get a kick out of Parker Super Scientist. Hercules and Scarlet Witch are taking the chance to explore their characters.

my only strong complaint is that most of the current ongoing are at about the halfway point in what will with few exceptions be a 12 issue run and most have only just gotten to the thing their plot is actually about.
>>
File: thor-feminism-02.png (322 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
thor-feminism-02.png
322 KB, 612x380
>>80961622
>I don't really get the hate

lol
>>
>>80976229
This reads like you copied and pasted it from a tumblr blog.
>>
File: 1456749600325.jpg (8 KB, 211x193) Image search: [Google]
1456749600325.jpg
8 KB, 211x193
>>80976229
Is /co/ beyond saving at this point?
>>
>>80978580
Yes
Comics and cartoons need to be separate
>>
File: 1458549740546.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1458549740546.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>80978497
WHY SHOEHORN IT IN LIKE THIS ITS SO OUT OF PLACE JUST WHY FUCKING SJWS
>>
>>80978640
This, but also have a /cotv/ to hold all the movie and tv shit.
>>
>>80978438
>Silk has started repairing the damage to Black Cat

I have to fight my inner cynic that says they are just setting up a permanent line cross for BC.

>my only strong complaint is that most of the current ongoing are at about the halfway point in what will with few exceptions be a 12 issue run and most have only just gotten to the thing their plot is actually about

I would assume that is just the initial order and that depending on sales some or most will get a continuation. My worry is that everything is again going to be thrown out of wack with another big crossover event. ten bucks says Jane reveals herself in CW2 just like spiderman.
>>
>>80972257
>Keep you're political beliefs away from my comics, kthx.

You might as well stop reading every story written. Political agendas are inherent in writing. They all fall on the spectrum of either challenging the status quo or maintaining it. Don't bring the"forced" meme shit because you and I know that its subjective. What seems forced for you can be subtle for anyone and vice versa.

tl;dr its your opinion, nothing wrong is happening, shut up about the "feminists".
>>
File: 1457111233584.gif (193 KB, 145x170) Image search: [Google]
1457111233584.gif
193 KB, 145x170
>>80978992
>>
>>80962333
>Thor din do nuffin
"That's for saying 'feminism' like it's a four-letter word!"

I didn't mind this comic, aside from that and the stupid ricocheting thing/general over-poweredness that girl characters get.
>>
>>80975541

The annual. Surprised this comic lasted long enough to get an annual before the remembering.
>>
>>80962333
>Titania teams up with the wrecking crew and beat the shit out of she-hulk

Considering she constantly fights she-hulk that whole thing was even worse.
>>
File: GO HOME HAMMER GIRL.jpg (39 KB, 788x574) Image search: [Google]
GO HOME HAMMER GIRL.jpg
39 KB, 788x574
>>80961622
>And like it or not... she's not going anywhere.
It's really that kind of stuff that irks everybody. You're writing a damn cape comic about the God(dess) of Thunder, nobody cares about your self-righteous crusade against sexists, no matter how actually righteous it is. There's a time and place for everything and it's called X-Men.

I don't care about Marvel comics, I haven't in a decade, and I've never really cared about Thor, but they're pretty much inviting the hate here (arguably as a makerting strategy), and they're not being subtle about it either.
>>
>>80978497
Does she meant "cunt" or what?
>>
File: bor.png (318 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
bor.png
318 KB, 500x509
>>80978497
>>
File: 1458361699290.png (110 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
1458361699290.png
110 KB, 200x337
>>80976229
>>
>>80979926
Why would an Asgardian have unsolicited opinions on Israel?
>>
>>80979332
>And like it or not... she's not going anywhere.
Isn't she only weeks away from a painful death from Cancer?
>>
>>80980043
Because the writer is a hack.
>>
>>80980051
>Isn't she only weeks away from a miraculous cure from Cancer?
>>
>>80980043
Who doesn't, Isreal is to America as North Korea is to China, as time goes on we wonder why we have to get dragged into shit by crazy people
>>
>>80980043
Because the context is that he's a literally strawman imposter created to piss off the other characters.
>>
>>80980043
he probably participated in the wars back when muslims were one of the contenders for world domination
>>
>>80980043
he got some food there once and it gave him bad gas for a few hours
>>
>>80962640
>It was a small, unimportant scene so getting mad over it seems a bit overblown.

That entire scene is the epitome for what is wrong with Jason Aaron's the writing on the book. Characters act entirely retardedly because the plot calls for it, all the feminist writing is entirely hamfisted and contrived and it's not even entertaining to read as its own, isolated C-list baddie gets punched in the face by the hero.

It's exemplifies Marvel's annoying current habit of dismissing any criticism for their books by painting anybody who doesn't like it as a misogynistic asshole.
>>
>>80980000
witnessed
>>
>>80962847
Thor always had big hard manboobies.
>>
>>80980232
if you hate it so much why are you advertising it via fueling the manufactured controversy?
>>
>>80980246
Thank you, brother. I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for you.
>>
>>80980258

The thread basically invited people to mention why they dislike the comic.

I'm sorry if illustrating these reasons offends you in some way.
>>
>>80980289
I am questioning your motive in putting money in their coffers by making the comic more of a 'hot topic'
>>
>>80980258
>>80980337

This so called "hop topic controversy" is several months old. It's not going to send anybody rushing to the nearest store to get a copy, not especially here where people mostly read comics by either by just looking what is storytimed or alternatively flat-out pirating them, but that demands more effort.
>>
>>80963003
>Jane has accomplished exactly nothing,
she has more character development in ANADVengers, that's says a lot.
>>
>>80961622
Simple.

She is nothing more but a marketing gimmick made to sell more issues. By the time the Ragnarok movie comes around Thor will be back to the hammer.
>>
>>80980535
you underestimate your sin
>>
>>80973475
there is his son, who has quite the potential as character... but nobody is ever going to use him.
>>
>>80980535
Not really like with manga there are sites you can just read comics on
>>
>>80978866
>I have to fight my inner cynic that says they are just setting up a permanent line cross for BC.
if it's well written and motivated, an evil cat is fine, too.

I think they are going to have her as the "lesser evil, somehow moral" crimelord, opposed to the various level of "completely evil" crimelords like Kingpin, Tombstone, etc.
>>
I hope Red Norvall shows up in the Thor Ragborok movie
>>
>>80980808
Honestly anything is better than "I'm evil cause my sorta boyfriend who wasn't my boyfriend punched me in the face and sent me to jail" though I guess I would be pretty pissed to though being angry and becoming female Kingpin are two different things.
>>
>>80980808
Wasn't Kingpin a sympathetic character once upon a time?
>>
Out of the three tumblr pandering characters, which one is the worst? Femthor, Squirrel Girl or Hellcat?
>>
>>80981937
Not really no, he's kinda like Frank in that he's a murdering psychopath but you understand why he does the things he does.
>>
>>80981995
Do Squirrel and HC even have books right now?
>>
>>80982068
Yes. They just refuse to die.
>>
>>80981995
Haven't read Hellcat, but between the other two Squirrel Girl by far. The art is atrocious and the writing is lazy and terrible. What makes it worse is that I know Ryan North can do better, but he reuses jokes from 7 year old Dinosaur Comics and just doesn't seem to care.

Other than the odd page of intesne self-righteousness, all of my complaints with the writing of FemThor are in line with 80% of capeshit.
>>
>>80981937
Human doesn't mean sympathetic.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.