[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You should let kids drown, Clark. >STOP, INVINCIBLE SON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: I've made a horrible mistake.jpg (22 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
I've made a horrible mistake.jpg
22 KB, 853x353
>You should let kids drown, Clark.

>STOP, INVINCIBLE SON

>I could hear the horses drowning, Clark.

I for one welcome our new, comically incompetent advisor Pa Kent.
>>
Pa Kent's no Uncle Ben, but goddamn did they make him shitty in this movie. Shame since I like Kevin Costner a lot.
>>
>>80960109
Fun fact: Kevin Costner's Waterworld is the reason Marvel doesn't have the rights to Namor movies.
>>
>>80958957
INVINCIBLE SON, DROWN THE HORSES
>>
HALT INVUNERABLE PROGENY
>>
>>80958957
Someone explain this horse meme
>>
Why does Zack Snyder suck so much at making characters?
Why does he suck so much in general? 300 was a decent flick, and that was 9 years ago, what happened?
>>
>>80960872
It's from BvS.
Apparently Clark has a psychic conversation with Jonathan's ghost or some shit where Pa Kent talks about how when he was a kid he saved his farm from a flood by flooding the neighbors farm instead and drowning their horses because you can't save everyone.

I REALLY hope its bullshit not because of the unnecessary moral but because goddamn does that feel like they were trying to do an author's saving throw and I was hoping Terrio was above that.
>>
>>80960872
We get a flashback or something to Pa Kent being a shitty dad again, telling Clark about the time he tried to save the farm from a flood and ends up diverting it but it ended up drowning a bunch of horses in a barn or some shit because he's terrible and incompetent in everything he does
>>
>>80960236
Elaborate
>>
>>80960927
I thought Zod and Supes was done pretty well.
>>
>>80960236
The rights to namor reverted back to marvel a while ago.
>>
>>80958957
he really was the only bad part about the man of steel, the only real way it makes sense is that his powers would be revealed.
>>
>>80961030
It's more complicated than that
>>
>>80960990
Universal was so certain that "WaterWorld" would be a hit they acquired the rights to Namor so no one could make a movie out of it and threaten their assumed monopoly of underwater adventure movies starring a half-man/half-fish warrior.
>>
>>80960966
>>80960973
>Be Jonathan Kent
>Have invincible son
>Realize the importance of giving him moral values
>Teach him that sometimes you gotta break some eggs to make an omelette

This is really Ultraman's origin story isn't it
>>
>>80958957
>2+ years since MoS
>/co/ still don't understand the significance of this scene
>>
>>80962448
Man that whole "2deep4u" meme was old like seven years ago. Stop trying to resurrect it.
>>
>>80958957

Tell me about the horses. I don't care about spoilers.
>>
>>80962448
>/co/
this is a /tv/ meme son
>>
>>80958957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFnvwS3y8c
>>
>>80960109
Same. I'm a big fan of Kevin Costner and I feel he's been wasted in these movies. It's like they did everything they could to elevate Jor-El.
>>
Pa Kent as the paranoid farmer working two jobs who fears the government and cares more for his community and his family then for the rest of the world > Pa Kent: the endless font of homespun wisdom who is always right and always good
>>
File: This nigga can't be serious.png (1017 KB, 552x788) Image search: [Google]
This nigga can't be serious.png
1017 KB, 552x788
>>80960966
>>80960973
>>
>>80963812
Birthright managed to make a more paranoid than usual Johnatan without making him look like an idiot
>>
>>80958957
Pa Kent makes sense once you understand his reasoning, which I admit is somewhat difficult because of how the movie depicts it.

Alot of ppl believe that Pa wanted Clark to not use his powers BECAUSE he felt like mankind wasn't ready for it...yet. Truth is, mankind, on their own, was never going to be ready for a person like Clark existing among them. Meaning that the burden of earning trust was going to be put on Clark. Which is a pretty big burden that takes a certain type of character to handle.

Because of these circumstances, Pa Kent didn't want Clark to use his powers UNTIL he felt that Clark was capable of being patience enough to handle the hostile response he would inventively receive from mankind because of how powerful he is.

So as you can see, when you break it down, Pa Kent was really afraid that if Clark showed his powers before he had a solid moral barometer instilled within him, he might be pushed to act violently towards the human race.
>>
>People say Zack Snyder was too overt and not subtle enough in MoS
>This fucking thread
You're all idiots and you should be ashamed.

This Pa Kent always knew Clark was a great person that wanted to help people, regardless of the consequences. However he wanted Clark to CHOOSE to be a hero, not have it forced upon him.

>You're not my real dad
Showed him that Clark was still a child and not ready to make that choice for himself yet. IF Clark had saved him that day one of the the following things would've happened
>Government comes, takes Clark away
>Government comes, attempts to takes Clark away, Clark has to go on the run for the rest of his life
>Whole world finds out about Clark, more feared/hated than he is by some people in BvS, can't handle it since he's still just a kid
>etc
Nothing good could've come from Clark saving Johnathon that day. Clark either never becomes a hero, he becomes a government tool, or he becomes a villian.

>b-bbbut muh heart attack
>muh comics
Having him die via heart attack shows Clark that he can't save everyone. Having him die like he did shows Clark that not only can he not save everyone but that sometimes he'll have to make the decision of you lives and who dies.

Just because it's a different take doesn't make it bad or stupid. Honestly, alot of you fuckers sound just like that cunt Slott
>H-he would've FOUND A WAY
>>
>>80964385
'Sup, Zack.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.