[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that many of us have seen Daredevil season two all the w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: Daredevil.jpg (485 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.jpg
485 KB, 1500x1500
Now that many of us have seen Daredevil season two all the way through, how does it compare to season one? Was it better or worse?

http://strawpoll.me/7144038
>>
1>>>>>>shit>>>>>>2
>>
>>80954504
The first 4 episodes were better than S1, the middle 6 were varying levels of boring and the final 3 were shit.
Netflix Marvel just doesn't know how to make a good ending.
>>
Why was punisher in Hell's Kitchen anyway? Couldn't he go to some other city? And why does he fight crime NOW?

Plus, no mentions about any avengers incidents. Lame.
>>
>>80956366
what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>80954504
I really liked it. The ninja shit needed to fuck off on focus more on Frank being the bad guy of the season.
>>
>>80954504
Overall S1 beats it for cohesive plot and actually having villains that matter instead of a faceless cloud of vaguely annoying ninjas. Despite that I probably enjoyed S2 just as much.
>>
>>80956782
No cause Frank isn't a bad guy faggot. Frank is a good guy.
>>
>>80956697
?
My post was clear.
>>
>>80956855
Frank is, frankly, Frank.
>>
>>80956366

Done with ep 6 and

The groups who murdered his family are set up there, as for why he's been faffing about for 2 years after the coma(iirc) I can't remember or they haven't revealed it yet.
>>
>>80957022
>coma
Frank was in a coma?

Also, what did this season even accomplish? They just imtroduced punisher and Nelson adn Murdock dissolved. Nothing else happened.
>>
>>80956782
>Frank
>Bad guy
>>
>>80957083
>Frank was in a coma?
How do you think you have a valid opinion if you paid THAT little attention?
>>
Daredevil dares to be devil.
>>
>>80957022
He was in the Coma for 6 months I think. The last six months were him taking down gangs.
>>
>>80957131
I was streaming it illegally and I only watched 10 episodes in total. I did not intentionally skip any episodes, and I watched the first and last episode. Too scared to go back now desu
>>
>>80954504
The worst thing about about this season is that it didn't resolve the Ninja shit. Now we'll have to put up with it next season too.
>>
First Half of S2 > S1 >>> Second Half of S2

The parts that focused on Frank and the court process that follows were all amazing. They were tightly knit, actually interesting, and the fights between DD and the thugs were actually fun to watch. Then Elektra brings in the Hand plot and everything goes to shit. The fights between DD and the Hand are all in the dark and you can barely see shit. The Hand, somehow, seems less menacing than common gangsters. The final fight is a joke. Finally, there is no interesting dynamic between DD and the Hand or even Elektra. Elektra just kills and DD was fine with it in the end, he doesn't even stop her compared to the scene with the Punisher where he kills Grotto right in front of Matt and he couldn't do anything to stop it. The entire S2 was inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>80954504
I feel like S1 was better. S2 only had frank and I did not feel like he could carry it on his own.no one poped at me like wesley and the dreary tone was not fun, felt like JJ. in s1 there was the dreary tone but I felt like it made a contrast to when most of the time the city became alive when DD had his mask on or when things where from fisk's POV
btw anyone got links to widowmaker?
>>
>>80957129
>>80956855
He was clearly an antagonist for a big chunk of this season.
>>
All the parts with the hand were goofy as shit. No wonder comic adaptations aren't copied faithfully to the big screen.
>>
>>80954504
I agree with everyone else. The first couple of episodes were amazing. Better than the first season.

But after about episode 4 or 5. It starts to go downhill. It loses focus. It seems to try to play out five different story lines at once. They cut away from interesting shit when they don't need to, interrupting an otherwise tense moment.

I never really saw the Hand as a legitimate threat. And to be honest, that plot was nowhere as interesting as Frank's.
>>
File: 1450643963739.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2732) Image search: [Google]
1450643963739.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2732
>Ninja weren't a threat
>That shot with all the ninjas storming the building
>What looks like 10 ninjas on the roof
>Immortal ninjas? Ras al ghul?
Not the most exciting faction.
>>
Finally a Daredevil show. Season one was more like proto DD, so I was a little disappointed. DD has been my favorite comic for over a decade, so season 2 was awesome. It set up a lot of threads for future stories too.
>>
>>80957483
>Elektra just kills and DD was fine with it in the end
This is the thing that pissed me off the most. He spent an entire season telling Frank and Electra not to kill but in the end he was perfectly fine with Electra cutting down ninjas and Frank headshotting motherfuckers left and right.
>>
it was less consistently good than season 1, but the first 4 episodes of s2 are probably my favorite things I've ever watched out of anything MCU.
>>
>>80957483
> The entire S2 was inconsistent as fuck.
Not static != inconsistent. DD starts out the season thinking he can change people and his experiences with Frank and Elektra (who he nearly gets killed for it) clearly take that out of him over the course of the season.
>>
Any minute wilson fisk was on screen I was screeming like a teen age girl. I'm rooting for born again in S3, Chris Evans and all -an anon can dream-.
I just felt like the show was trying to do too many things at once, all the deal with the hand and Frank's trail felt like two diferent shows put together
>>
>>80954504
Worse, but not really bad. Frank was good, Elektra was good, but they were spread too thin. Probably would have been better if they'd just picked one or the other for this season.
>>
>>80954504

Daredevil seems to have a problem giving their main villains concrete plans. Fisk's plan was vague in the first season but the Hand are much worse. How exactly is them getting Electra the end of the world? Why is she so special? Yeah I know "Black Sky" but what does that mean? The audience needs to know what is at stake at some point. Electra was just a girl with above average fighting skills. Matt or Stick could take her down by themselves and they would definitely win if the worked as a team.
>>
>>80957964
I'm not talking about just the tone, the quality wavers all around and even including tone, a complete shift from one to another isn't indicative of good character development. That's not even that true either, Matt keeps referring to "my way, our way" after Elektra and him save Stick but Elektra just kills in the end as well.

The whole first part of S2 was about Vengeance vs Justice but the latter part had nothing to do with that. There just was no real cohesive plot to S2 with sprinkles of Frank in the latter episodes. I'm not saying shows can't do multiple storylines but the jump from one to the other was more distracting rather than making the season layered and complex.
>>
>>80957903
Like you don't pay attetion at all
>>
>>80954504
S1> S2 Ep 1-5 > S2 Frank/Fisk moments > Rest of S2 > JJ

I liked it a lot still a lot better than all that Agents of SHIELD/Carter crap.
>>
That scene with stick teaching Matt how to detect the hand by their breath was badass.
This season was def Frank> stick> elektra
>>
>>80957903
Well yeah. He grew the fuck up. I thought that was the idea. He doesn't approve of their way of handling shit but he isn't a baby about it either. He understands sometimes drastic measures need to be taken and doesn't fag out like batman.
>>
>>80957903
He gradually starts to believe over the season that the legal shit doesn't work, and at the final fight he was in a blood rage after elektra died so he didn't care if the hand was dying
>>
>>80957866
This reminded me of something. Did anyone else notice DD was actually having a bit of fun in a few episodes this season? I know I caught him smiling in the first episode when he was fighting. Then in the third episode, when he had the gun to that biker mook's head, he pulled the trigger then smirked. He seemed serious when fighting the ninjas, but when it was random thugs he was a little cocky. Love those little details. Made it feel like he actually enjoyed being Daredevil for once.
>>
>>80954504
Worse. They got Elektra wrong. Karen Page romance was forced. Hand was nonsensical and rushed. Kingpin and the Punisher the only thing they did well.
>>
Would have been better without Elektra.
>>
Frank knew that Matt was DD the moment he talked to him in the hospital, right?

Frank had that pause and he cocked his head at him as soon as Matt opened his mouth.
>>
>It's a Frank mumbles and whispers through a 5 minute monologue episode
Whoever did the sound mixing on this show can fuck right off
>>
>>80957903
Fine might be a stretch, but honestly their zombies. You can't kill dead people so why should he care?
>>
File: 1458479124282.png (2 MB, 1680x942) Image search: [Google]
1458479124282.png
2 MB, 1680x942
>Page? I'm Daredevil
Was anyone else chuckling at this?
>>
>>80954504
>no 'Frank' option
>>
>>80956196
I almost stopped watching after ep 3, it was just nothing but fights and ppl dying. It got so boring, there was so little story or interesting dialogue
>>
>>80957600
Deuteragonist. He was a character that alternately helped and opposed the main character ie Daredevil.
>>
>>80961402

I was more like

"So now he's gonna crawl back to Karen?"
>>
>>80961402
>Dr Pavel? I'm CIA
>>
Amazing how half the season has to do with Black Sky, yet nobody knows what exactly it fucking does or is.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.