[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ICEMAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12
File: x-men-1x750_1.jpg (88 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
x-men-1x750_1.jpg
88 KB, 750x563
How do we un-faggotize him now /co/?
>>
>>80952900
Kill bendis dox his location

Let's send a message to writers that we are sick and tired of their liberal leftist bullshit
>>
Burn down Marvel
Hunt down Bendis
Forcefeed Bendis the ground up remains of his own children
>>
>>80952900
We do what Marvel will ultimately do, we ignore Bendis' X-Men.

It's surprisingly easy.
>>
File: 1457221879278.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457221879278.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>there are people who care about Iceman
>>
yeah sorry, who the hell really cares about iceman
>>
Has Northstar divorced Kyle and moved in with Bobby yet?
>>
>>80952976
You know what they say, every character has fans.
>>
>>80952900
Don't buy any books he's in
>>
>>80952997
It's the principle of the matter
>>
>>80953006
Has Northstar appeared in anything in the last couple of years?

Why couldn't Marvel give more spotlight to him instead of turning Iceman gay? Not controversial enough?
>>
>>80952900
Teen Jean Grey is actually Madelyne Pryor and has been mind fucking the x-men. Done.
>>
>>80953050
>Has Northstar appeared in anything in the last couple of years?
Amazing X-Men, kept trash-talking that rock kid from New X-Men.
>>
How come there are no lesbo X-men?
>>
>>80953104
Karma, Bling!, Mercury. Claremont wrote everyone as "bi-curious".
>>
>>80952900
Good grief. It was just a stupid soap opera reveal, the same as any other time an X-man has turned out to be/have a clone/amnesia/evil twin/space aids/etc. This is practically ALL that ever happens in their books. Watching babbys sperg because it's teh gey this time is pathetic.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 388x380
How come nobody cared when Beast came out?
>>
>>80953226
Because it was the least remarkable thing about Morrison's run on X-Men.
Also, Beast later stated that he just said that to piss her off/troll the media.
>>
>>80952900
I wouldn't mind this so much if it was well-written, like Rictor and Shatterstar, for example.
Also, I don't see the point in changing an existing character's sexuality, or even creating new gay character, when they utterly fail at writing already existing ones. I'm still waiting for a good new Northstar story. Or Hulkling and Wiccan acquiring any character depth.
>>
>>80952900

How can he be gay if he has had past relationships with Polaris, Rogue etc? He can only be bi at this point.
>>
>>80953386
Obviously no such thing as bisexuals, he was just a gay man in denial
>>
>>80953386
Everyone has pointed this out and Bendis was just like lolwhatever. I mean actual gay people have pointed this out on forums and shit.
>>
>>80953386
DEEP IN THE CLOSET
E
P

C
L
O
S
E
T
All this time he wanted dick.
>>
>>80953368
Hulkling could be good if they didn't fucking force him to stay attached to Wiccan's hip 24/7 and let him develop on his own.

Shit man, let these characters develop on their own. Every time there's a gay character, he has to be coupled with another gay character and they always come as a package from then on.
>>
>>80952900
He was always gay though. Even Based Marjorie Liu wrote him as in the closet.
>>
>>80953386
Bi Males don't exist, remember?
>>
>>80953431
Constantine and Catman exist. They're from DC tough, so there's that.
>>
He should go around having explicit graphic sex with every dude in marvel. Then he'll get so sick of it he'll like girls again.
>>
>>80953430
She said that to hop on the bandwagon. There was nothing of the sort in what she actually wrote.
>>
>>80952900
We make Jean a villain.

She just wanted herself a gay friend.
>>
>>80953368
>>80953419
If you can get past Sandoval's art, the first arc of The New Avengers is a good Teddy/Billy story.
>>
>>80952900
>unfaggotize any character
>JQ is CCO
>AA is EiC
>They considered fucking Bendis as their golden boy

Gee...what a day dream.
>>
File: you know.jpg (111 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
you know.jpg
111 KB, 1012x675
>>80952900

If Jean dies it might undo her faggot gay queer bender lift shirter homo mind control.

Solution:
> Kill Jean!

Yay.
>>
>>80954203
If at first you don't succeed, Phoenix Force again?
>>
>>80953459
Constantine is bi? I've only read the first collection, but I must have missed something.
>>
Have Jean tell him he's straight. That's how we got here in the first place
>>
>>80953496
Shut up, bitch.
>>
File: 1413134223.jpg (136 KB, 485x480) Image search: [Google]
1413134223.jpg
136 KB, 485x480
>>80954291
Yeah.
>>
>>80952900
Mind raped by Jean.

>>80952997
I don't necessarily give a shit about Iceman. What I do care about is deciding you want a character to be gay and then going "he's gay" despite the character having absolutely no history of homosexuality aside from a shitty Chuck Austen story where Northstar wanted to fuck him which made him uncomfortable. Iceman's actually a character with a pretty long list of ex-girlfriends, none of which he could commit to seriously because he's immature not gay.

It's on the level of what was done to Scarlet Witch in terms of arbitrarily ruining a character but it's ignored because it's for a "progressive" reason.
>>
Iceman is so gay. The only reason he was hardcore going after nurse annie and polaris is because he couldn't handle the boners he was getting from Northstar and havok. He and cloud definitely fucked when cloud was a dude, too.
>>
>>80954606
What was done to Scarlet Witch?
>>
>>80954718
Avengers Disassembled and House of M. One made her insane and had her destroy the Avengers, the other made her a reality warper who genocided the mutant population. It was years before she could be properly used again and even when she came back there was still a lot of the taint of those events on the character.
>>
>>80955794
Wasn't that Bendis again with Scarlet Witch? I seem to recall he repopularised the Hank Pym slap as well, but I can't remember for sure.
>>
>>80952900
do you guys think that comics might sell better again if the comic book writes would stop demonizing white men?
I just did a test I just went to http://viewcomic.com/
and clicked at 7 random comics.

all of them either only featured white female or none white male main characters
or
female characters easily out matching white male characters

almost every comic featured a evil white men.

why do modern day comic writers hate white men so much?
>>
i want marvel to revel in this horible change by just hard core messing up bobbies character even more. just trainwreck jerry springer with it and have people go what the fuck is marvel doing.

i just don't give a shit anymore. i just want it to be a hilarious trainwreck like chuck austins run over the boring nothingness over bendis'.
>>
Bobby's dad is gay already.
>>
>>80953192
1. Those things are almost always reversible. This change, not so much.
2. It ignores/ruins a decent chunk of Iceman's past.
3. Beyond all that, it was done in a really hamhanded, terrible way. You can't just read from someone's mind if they're gay, even if you could, forcibly outing them is immoral, and then there's the bi-erasure, and the way it suddenly becomes the core of Boby's character.
>>
>>80953949
>get past
>implying
Sandoval's art is one of the best parts.
>>
File: 5B5.jpg (40 KB, 550x401) Image search: [Google]
5B5.jpg
40 KB, 550x401
>>80952900
He finds Jesus and is scared straight. Then the preachers beat the evil gay devils out of him.
>>
>>80953300
Beast being gay would have felt a lot more natural than turning Bobby gay.
>>
>>80952949
This happened naturally when the helicarrier fell on the battle between the past men team, the two future men teams and the present men team. I just stopped reading. Maybe it's a success for marvel, maybe Laura Kinny is the new short hairy and unloved.
>>
>>80952900
go back in time and kill Dematties
he's the one who first incited the meme magic
>>
>>80952900
Capture the original five X-Men that are running around in the present, have Doctor Doom unfuck the time travel dilemma, throw them back into the past, creating a divergent timeline. That way older Bobby has an unfucked past where he's always been straight and always will be, while fucked-up Bobby can live on in a new timeline and be as gay as he likes.
>>
>>80956143
Isn't Iceman Jewish?
>>
>>80952900
just do what people do in real life, his ex girlfriend shows up with a baby and says it his and he needs to help take care of it.

this whole gay situation makes my head hurt, not because it's stupid and Bendis could have made Hijack, Triage, Goldballs or Not-Morph gay and given them a bit more depth but it's the fact that why Old Bobby would have the need to be repressed it's not being Gay was super taboo in 2002 or whenever Marvel time was supposed to begin now

it makes sense that Teen Bobby was repressed since the O5 were literally from 1964, Another thing that massive bothers me about Bendis' run is the fact brought the O5 from the 60's never explained how that was possible and spent 1 issue with Tyke complaining about the prices of things and completely dropped it
>>
>>80952900
Make him bisexual and say he felt pressured by Jean into saying he was gay

Or;

Say he was replaced by a Skrull

Or;

He was mind controlled when he came out

Or;

Leave him gay but make him a character with more depth than just his sexuality again.
>>
>>80955839
Yes, it was Bendis. IIRC Scarlet Witch had more or less gotten over the deal with her kids and then Bendis brought it up out of nowhere and had her use that as an excuse for going insane.
>>
>>80955839
Millar repopularized the Pym slap by making Ultimate Hank 100% wifebeating scum. Prior to that, Hank and Jan were actually doing okay in the 616.
>>
>>80952900
Put him into Spider-Friends again.
>>
>>80957524
Not-morph is gay or so he says
>>
>>80954291
I wouldn't say bi as the John will have sex with anything even things that may kill him
>>
>>80952900
>How do we un-faggotize him now /co/?
I do not know. How many years until is considered "progressive" to turn a gay character straight?
>>
>>80953496
Astonishing 62-65 is a better Bobby coming out story than the one we got. She deffo wrote him as a closeted 'mo
>>
>>80957524
>>80958479
>not-Morph

Who?

>>80959267
Gay men are already considered privilege cis-male shitlords, so it won't be too long now.
>>
>>80952976
>>80952997
He's an OG X-Man.
>>
>>80960276
That's Eleanor Rigby stuff, not gay stuff.
>>
>>80953386
this is mentioned in the reveal
>But I've dated girls before, doesn't that mean I'm bi?
>They say everyone's at least a little bit bi. Not you though, you're full on gay.

Bendis's hands literally transformed into into hams while he was writing this.
>>
>>80953386
Having intimate relationships with many women is the surest sign a character is gay.

It's right up there with having a wife, having a dead wife, being close friends with another man, referring to another man as a brother, having a brother, caring when said man dies or is in danger,

The only thing that's not a sign a character is gay is if they were gay from the start. That doesn't count as a real gay character.
>>
>>80952900
He just needs a proper boyfriend.
>>
>>80953050

you know the funny party is the whole thing even pissed off the actual gays

Bi erasure or some shit
>>
>>80960959
So are Beast, Angel, Jean Grey and Cyclops

They all jobbers or dead
>>
>>80961447
Who Teenage angel? Teenage Beast? Regular Beast?
>>
>>80961531
Someone not on their team but still a mutant, or at least is special snowflake but not mutant. I don't think a "normie" could handle it.
>>
>>80961490
Well that and being so shittly written it seemed like Jean Grey just mind-raped him into being gay. That's not a real relatable narrative.
>>
Remember when DC made a big fuss about outing Green Lantern

and it was just a parallel version of the guy from the 30s
>>
>>80961581
Who's around that Jean Grey doesn't care enough about and can force into being gay? Black Bolt's son? Marvel seems to be forcing some weird Inhumans and Mutants are mortal enemies thing, they could pull this off as a Romo and Julie T type story.
>>
>>80960276
That's one of those things where it's only like that if you want to read it like that, seeing whatever you want to see. It's as much "proof" that she wrote him as a closeted gay man as the Korrasami "proof".

It's retroactive justification that was likely never originally intended because yay progress! Liu's yet another creator added to the pile of ones I wish never had twitter.
>>
So it's canon that Jean mindraped him into being gay to fulfill her yaoi fantasies, right?
>>
>>80962135
It will be.
>>
>>80962135
No it was because she was mad he wasn't into her, and like Johnny Cochran said, if you don't want to fuck Jean Grey then you must be gay.
>>
>>80962135
probably more likely she picked up a random thought of Bobby where he was imagining some weird sex fantasy with her and she got pissed and said to herself "that's never going to happen again"
>>
>>80954291
>>80954475
And then there was the Azarello run, the entirety of which was the work of one of his old boyfriends.
>>
File: 1249032140517.jpg (17 KB, 200x410) Image search: [Google]
1249032140517.jpg
17 KB, 200x410
Whats this Jean Grey/Best thing i heard about? Seems super like ultimate Benn Grimm and Susan Storm
>>
Oh no Jean was a villain and messed with are minds made us think things that were not true
>>
>>80952900
You can't. Cultural enrichment is irreversible.
>>
File: karolina and xavin.jpg (41 KB, 519x387) Image search: [Google]
karolina and xavin.jpg
41 KB, 519x387
We actually had a nice pair of lesbians with one of the two being neither male nor female (bigender? idk) and it didn't even come off as gimmicky (at least to me) but they had to go ahead and restart the series after slowly killing it.
>>
>>80961406
Slash fangirl logic.

>>80962206
kek

>>80962218
kek x2
>>
File: gayiceguy.jpg (557 KB, 1444x3272) Image search: [Google]
gayiceguy.jpg
557 KB, 1444x3272
>>80952900
>>
>>80956066
The only way to save this would be Bobby realizing he's actually bi, but Jean just assumed gay because he isn't attracted to her+ is attracted to men. It'd still be a huge load of shit overall but Jean being fussy over Bobby not finding her attractive would be a nice cherry on top.
In any case with that in mind he'd probably only have girlfriends afterwards anyway.
>>
Didn't everyone joke about Iceman being gay before this? I could've sworn that was a thing, but now that he is it's impossible for him to be.
>>
>>80961648
*40s
I'm still kinda mad, not because Alan is gay (it worked under Robinson), but because I lost my Jade-fu.
>>
>>80963113
No, I think Family Guy did once, but nothing a lot of people did.
>>
>>80952900
Let him suck Hercules dick.
>>
>>80963163
Family guy did it, yeah. But I've seen the implication multiple times. Could've been an offhanded joke that spread around for a short time I guess.
>>
>>80962805
Please, the skrull was obviously just bullshiting his way to some action.
>>
Can't go back, but you can tread the middle ground and avoid shitting on all his past relationships. Just make him bi and have Jean be wrong, as many teenagers are about human sexuality.
>>
>>80963179
No you don't get it, Hercules is full straight according to Marvel.
>>
>>80963230
At first, yeah, but eventually she became a she internally. Runaways itself was pretty nice. It was a shame to catch up with it recently only to see where the trail ends.
>>
>>80963308
>Bobby is full gay
>Hercules is full straight
Marvel has no idea what they're doing, do they?
>>
>>80953386
He has kissed girls, that's a sure fire way of knowing he's gay.
>>
>>80952900
Stop buying Marvel. Stop buying DC. Let inclusiveness and diversity be their epitaph.
>>
>>80963863
Inclusiveness and diversity didn't kill them, it's how they went about it.
>>
>>80963195
Again the closest I can think of was a subplot in Austen's X-Men where Northstar had a crush on Bobby and would hit on him while Bobby found it uncomfortable because he wasn't gay.
>>
>>80953459
Catman is bi??
>>
File: morph.jpg (1 MB, 3976x3056) Image search: [Google]
morph.jpg
1 MB, 3976x3056
>>80960412
This guy that Bendis made and then stopped caring about
>>
>>80963113

It was a running joke because of all his failed relationships. And then Chuck Austen wrote him as effeminate and the meme was born.
>>
>>80963863
This, burn the stores that sell them

Send a message
>>
Gotta say they fucked the pooch hard fast and dirty in the last few years. It may have started way back with Civil War and what have you but that stuff is legit and sensible compared to the stupid nonsense they throw out now just to appear to be changing stuff. The rate at which characters flip backwards and forwards makes WWE look like a hallmark of continuity.
>>
>>80965343
I hope Bendis speaks in full sentences in real life.
>>
>>80956791
I agree with Bobby
Final Fantasy has gotten weird
>>
>>80952900
Just make him bi. That way it doesn't FUCKING INVALIDATE EVERY RELATIONSHIP HE HAS EVER HAD. Seriously it's hat easy. Have the man-on-man stuff something he always wanted to explore but was to afraid to.
>>
>>80952900
I don't know if he can be, in 'Wolverine and the X-men' he couldn't stop sucking Logan's dick.
>>
>>80952997
I liked iceman alot up until they turned him gay he was one of my favorite heroes
>>
I wish I could write for Marvel so I could form a team of nothing but gay characters... then completely ignore the fact they're gay. Not make them straight, but have them do or say absolutely nothing remotely gay. The butthurt would be glorious.
>>
>>80969890
You should include a straight character too so that when people can complain you can point out that the straight character also made no references to his sexuality
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.