[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why won't the Justice League help this poor man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: sad-hal[1].jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
sad-hal[1].jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Why won't the Justice League help this poor man?
>>
>>80927489
Which Guardians of The Universe?

The emotionless ones or the ones that were sealed off?
>>
>>80927489
Did Hal go nuts and kill his coworkers, again?
>>
>>80927489
Well the JL wasn't around in that Convergence mini

If you just mean in general nobody helps Hal because they are bad friends and he is made for suffering
>>
>>80927489
Ok, quickly fill me up on what happened to Hal in the last 4 years.

I dropped the book after the first new 52 arc
>>
>>80928171
>>
>>80928885
>fought a giant named Relic
>fought some of the new gods
>currently gone rouge (because he framed himself into a villain for some dumb reason) and is fighting with Zero Hour Parallax
>>
>>80927966
No, this is from convergence. This is Parallax plucked out of the time stream just before zero hour. After being trapped in a dome with a maguffin that canceled any and all powers (including advance cybernetics) he returned to sanity and begged to be imprisoned for his crimes.
>>
File: RISE.webm (316 KB, 242x340) Image search: [Google]
RISE.webm
316 KB, 242x340
>>80928885
Geoff Johns' run last arc had Hal kill himself, come back briefly as a Black Lantern (pic related), then Sinestro took over Parallax, killed the Guardians and nope'd out of there

Then Venditti's run started, have some bullet points
>Carol leaves Hal because reasons
>The Templar Guardians make Hal the GLC leader because reasons
>Some giant old asshole named Relic shows up, tells all the Lanterns that their rings are draining the universal reservoir of emotion (with no proof) and they all believe him because reasons (also he kills all the Blue Lanterns except Saint Walker, who becomes so depressed his ring leaves him)
>There's an arc with Durlans impersonating Hal and making the GLC come off really bad
>Highfather and the New Gods decide they need all the rings because reasons, Highfather starts acting like Hitler, Hal lets Black Hand loose on the Source Wall and he frees a bunch of titans and this stops the New Gods because it gives Hal the opportunity to tell Highfather that he's acting like Darkseid
>The GLC's reputation has been utterly fucked so the Guardians ask Hal to help them fix it
>His plan for fixing said rep is to steal Krona's gauntlet and make everybody think he's gone rogue, so the GLC will hunt him down and everybody will think all the bad stuff was his fault entirely
>The GLC vanishes right after he does this so he fucked himself over for nothing
>He dicks around in space being a loser for a while, a time displaced Parallax Hal shows up and wants to kill him
That's about where we left off
>>
>>80928885
Fought a galactus wannabe
Had to deal with not-skrulls infiltrating the corps
Had to deal with new god dickery
Decided to take on the blame for everything that had gone wrong with the corps in recent history by going rogue and kicking the asses of his friends while stealing Krona's gauntlet. No one asked him to do this.
Plan backfired because the GLC disappeared from the universe shortly after he abandoned the corps.
Rest of GLC is trapped in the dying universe of the Galactus wannabe that came before the current universe.

The GLC seemed to have fallen through a hole in the source wall which was caused when Black Hand revived the titans of the wall en masse during the New gods arc. Hal notices that planets begin to petrify like anything that touches the wall and manages to fix it and stop Black Hand from wreaking havoc, unfortunately on the other side of the wall John sees Hal closing their only way out.
>>
>>80928911
Remember that time Hal was trapped in an unhealthy and abusive relationship with a close friend?
>>
>>80929171
ollie was kinda a manipulative asshole to him, especially during their road trip. hal's just a kinda dumb guy trying his best and ollie takes advantage of that so much :/ him and Barry is the only healthy friendship in his life
>>
>>80927489
I know it's basically a retcon but it's really sad that none of his 'friends' in the league even suspected that maybe something was wrong with him, that he didn't just.. become completely insane and evil after Coast City. It was a complete personality shift and no one (except maybe.. Wally? in that one issue of GL v3) even suspected that maybe something.. fucked with his mind or possessed him. If Barry was still alive none of this would have happened, sigh.
>>
>>80930782
Even before the retcon it seemed a little weird that NOBODY except Wally (kinda) gave a shit about him after Coast City blew up
>>
>>80931367
yeah it was fucking dumb and made no sense.

> 'Hey I saw that Coast City got nuked. Wasn't that GL's hometown? Is he doing OK?'
> '.... he's probably fine, no need to check on him'

how does this make sense, writers
>>
>>80931769
>Hey I went to look at the crater that used to be Coast City and I saw Hal Jordan there
>You did? What was he doing?
>Crying and talking to constructs of dead people
>Oh, he's probably fine
>Yeah that's why I left
>>
>>80930782
except you see this was hal did go insane. the asshole whose writing him traveling around the current universe forgot to remember that there was no yellow fear bug in this hal.
>>
>>80928911

Man, what a fucking bastard.
>>
File: hal.jpg (36 KB, 212x390) Image search: [Google]
hal.jpg
36 KB, 212x390
>>80928911
Gold
>>
>>80932073
Ollie's always been a dick to Hal, I kinda don't mind that their poor excuse for friendship is gone
>>
>>80930695
Ollie was kind of a shithead during the O'Neil/Adams run, but it's bearable enough because he had some kind of moral compass, Hal and Dinah constantly called him out on his shit, and he actually has some a few moments of clarity towards the end.

Seriously, the way he treated Roy was hilariously awful.
>Speedy? Oh yeah, haven't heard from him in a month, been too busy trying to bang Canary, I'm sure he's fine.
>Speedy you're on heroin? Fuck you, I'm kicking you onto the streets, but not before I beat the shit out of you.
>Could I have been a bad influence? No, it's everyone else's fault.
>Speedy why did you punch me back after quitting?
>>
>>80937251
he never really stopped being a shithead, to be fair
>>
>>80930782

A lot of things would never have happened if Barry was still alive. He's the greatest hero the DC universe ever had. Nobody else even comes close.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.