[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this story a confusing/convoluted and fucking boring as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Why is this story a confusing/convoluted and fucking boring as hell mess? This should feel more epic for it to be considered a landmark in the DC Universe.
>>
>>80923964

Are you fucking serious? COIE is probably the mosy straightforward and simple of the different DC crises.

It can be tough the first time through just because it's such a dense and compressed story compared to modern comic events, but the actual plot when you take the time to focus on the actual writing and panelling, is very simple.
>>
>capeshit
>>
The paneling is odd and sometimes hard to read. Besides that it's pretty straightforward unless you're an idiot.
>>
Yeah I thought it was pretty good and it was one of my first non batman DC comics
>>
>>80924211
Shut up, Clowes.
>>
>>80923964
It was epic for it's era. It has pretty much every single DC character together at that point.

It's not a thrilling story, and I can't really recommend it for a beginner, but it's a nice piece of DC history that I think every DC fan should read through.

I wouldn't say it's a must read at all.

I hope they show how Parallax Hal fucked up the Anti-monitor after convergence sent him back through time.
>>
I put off reading this for YEARS because of people saying it was a convoluted mess. I actually just read it a few weeks back, and I can firmly say I have no idea what you or anyone else have been going on about. It's incredibly simplistic, and nothing about it is confusing aside from maybe some questionable placement of panels or word balloons. As a story, it's no less coherent than any other cape story you'd read, unless you're mentally deficient.
>>
File: 1451710892118.jpg (35 KB, 515x272) Image search: [Google]
1451710892118.jpg
35 KB, 515x272
>>80923964
You're right it's total shit compared to based Final Crisis. Plebs just have shorter attention spans these days and don't realize that Crisis On Infinite Earths was infinitely (forgive the pun) more convoluted.

People like to shit on Grant Morrison but his stories are far and above better than anything produced in the bad old days like COIE.
>>
niggers
>>
Does anyone have a reading guideline for those?

Crisis on Infinite Earths
Final Crisis
Flashpoint etc etc
>>
>>80929517
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Zero Hour
Infinite Crisis
Seven Soldiers of Victory
Final Crisis
>>
>>80924341
>I only learned of him today
>>
>>80930638
>he's a literally who
I agree
>>
>>80930712
>Clowes
>literally who
To an uneducated moron, maybe.
>>
>>80930728
Stop babysitting this thread, Clowes.
>>
>>80930768
Whatever, keep being a philistine imbecile.
>>
>>80930801
y-you too
>>
>Batman sees Barry
>Batman fights some mooks
>Batman dies
He was so unimportant to this Crisis
>>
>>80923964
Because every single on going series at the time had to have a couple panels dedicated to it.
So there are panels dedicated to the Losers and the Haunted Tank fighting Shadow Demons on a random Europian country and over all not really mattering for the actual plot.

Plus, Dr. Light was kind of pointless character. Her role could have been fulfilled by any other character. And she was never really big in the DCU, was she? Why even create this character?
>>
>>80931075
Wolfman said DC wanted a new hero who was kind of an asshole, and she was supposed to be more prominent in the Justice League relaunch of I guess Giffen and DeMatteis weren't interested.
>>
>>80923964

Because it's from 1985 and it was literally the first attempt to do anything like it, you absolute twit?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.