[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so very few reformed villains between Marvel and DC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: foes4j.jpg (488 KB, 1280x1937) Image search: [Google]
foes4j.jpg
488 KB, 1280x1937
Why are there so very few reformed villains between Marvel and DC?
>>
>>80907420
Because then they can't re-use the villain.
>>
>>80907455
This.
>>
>>80907420
I miss detective eddy I thought everything about it was great.
>>
>>80907575
I hear this all the time, but I can't understand it. Why do you all like Detective Riddler so much? He was lame as hell IMO
>>
>>80907621
He was fun.

Riddler is better as a non-violent character, or at least a non-lethal one. That way he can be smart and come up against Batman, and as a detective himself he can challenge Batman within the confines of the law.

Simply solving crimes publicly would put the Bat out of business better than anything the rest of the Arkham gang could do.
>>
>>80907621
It was fun for him to be all over the media trying to show he's smarter then Batman and getting his jimmies rustled while trying to remain composed to look like a good guy.
>>
File: Untitled-Scanned-03-04.jpg (765 KB, 2048x1545) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-Scanned-03-04.jpg
765 KB, 2048x1545
>>80907420
Depends on if you count anti-hero teams.
>>
>>80907621
Solved the usual problem of what the hell to do with the Riddler.
>>
>>80907753
the rogues are not antiheroes

antiheroes are heroes who do not act like traditional heroes
>>
>>80907879
Seconded. Although Pied Piper is a reformed villain whose reform has stuck.
>>
the only way it can work is if you make that change quick like Hawkeye and Wonder Man
>>
File: mfw aroused and confused.jpg (14 KB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
mfw aroused and confused.jpg
14 KB, 350x272
>>80907795
best answer
>>
>>80907879
The guys on the right are.
>>
>>80908667
Yes, but most of them didn't really have their reform stick. Magenta and Heat Wave flip-flopped all the time. Trickster didn't live a whole lot longer for us to see what they'd do with him.
>>
>>80907420
Because One Year Later had lots of really good ideas.
>>
>>80907420
Do they need to? Heroes spend more time fighting other heroes these days.

Villains are not really a part of the equation
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.