[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there some reason why this has to be the JL roster? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
is there some reason why this has to be the JL roster?

I mean, okay, Cyborg is there for diversity points and WB considers bringing back GL kinda scary.

But what about Martian Manhunter? Any kid that watched JLU knows who he is.
>>
Only virgins care about martian manfag.
>>
>>80897587
I thought you lost your job, Goyer
>>
>>80897563

look, mera will be in JL: Part One. Maybe she will be the 7th member so they can have a 2nd female plus her costume is usually green so that takes up Green Lantern's spot. Just my theory.
>>
>>80897563
MMH isn't as popular as you think he is.

His ongoing is selling sub 20k and is quite decent compared to a lot of the other leaguers.

It's just the first movie anyways, and most likely mera will be on the team as well. I expect Billy & Hal to make their appearances in JL2.
>>
They can always go JLU later on after establishing themselves a
Iittle.
>>
If they wanted a black guy, they should have used Black Lighting, as he already has an established history with the JLA.

As for Green Lantern, they made an entire second Hulk movie after the first one flopped. I don't see what harm putting him in the JLA is going to do, if they do a better job of it.
>>
>>80897670
"Justice League" will introduce everyone's supporting casts. They're apparently also casting for Iris West and Silas Stone.
>>
>Well, he hasn’t been rebooted but he’s a mainstay in the Justice League. He can’t be fucking called the Martian Manhunter because that’s goofy. He can be called Manhunter… The whole deal with Martian Manhunter is he’s an alien living amongst us… So he comes down to Earth and decides, unlike Superman who already exists in the world now, that he’s just going to be a homicide detective… So instead of using super-powers and mind-reading and like, oh, I could figure out if the President’s lying or whatever, he just decides to disguise himself as a human homicide detective. Dare to dream!
>>
File: 3859318-jlu7.png (767 KB, 1153x548) Image search: [Google]
3859318-jlu7.png
767 KB, 1153x548
>>80897671
>implying comic book sales = normalfag recognition
Anon, I guarantee that JLU has by far the most recognizable JL lineup to the masses

Remember how many people were mad GL was white when the trailer released?
>>
File: Geoff does it again.png (708 KB, 508x1004) Image search: [Google]
Geoff does it again.png
708 KB, 508x1004
>>80897563

Johns knew the executives needed a black man, and that John was pretty popular among the suits (and that after the movie, no one wanted Hal Jordan, so the easiest thing would be to replace Hal with John for diversity points). Let's not forget that Johns is the link between DC and Warner. He is a producer, he doesnt have as much power as your average jew. But he has all the information and a place of power at DC:

He (and only him) put Cyborg in the league, that way the executives had an alternative to John. He got rid of MM, shielded Hal Jordan position for the movies. As a CCO Johns had been pushing Cyborg for years, without actually not doing anything with him.
>>
File: Casuals omegle 1.png (28 KB, 994x348) Image search: [Google]
Casuals omegle 1.png
28 KB, 994x348
>>80897926
>>
>>80897563
manhunter's on the stormwatch meow

i think they should just turn them all into hot female or trap versions of themselves.

too many dudes everywhere
>>
>>80897563
And the same people that would recognize him for the cartoon would also recognize Cyborg as a member from the Teen Titans because of the cartoon and wonder WTF is he doing in the Justice league. But you know, muh diversity
>>
severely overestimating cartoon audience

Mmh is shit hal is shit glad theyre dead mera in JL is genius
>>
>>80897563

The JL lineup feels broken.

They should've gone with the Big 5...

>Supes
>Bat
>WW
>Flash
>GL (John Stewart)

...and save Aquaman, Cyborg and Manhunter for the sequel.

I dont think the Justice League was ever well known for havin 6 members.
>>
>>80899722
No, it should be Barry, Diana, Hal, j'onn, and Arthur.Fuck you
>>
We don't know for sure GL isn't in it, and I have a good feeling he will be. "Unite the Seven" referring to the seven seas doesn't make any sense.

Why is this the roster? Because you have the original seven, they need one black guy, MMH doesn't count, it's not gonna be John Stewart, and the most popular black DC character IS Cyborg.

>>80897704
They don't actually own the rights to Black Lightning.
>>
>>80900349
Pretty sure the Black Lightning stuff has been settled, that's why he was in comics recently and in adaptions like BATB.
>>
I was a little confused for a second as to why Lobo was there and then I realized it was Aquaman.
>>
Do you think there will ever be a Teen Titans movie?
>>
>>80900412
It's "settled" in that Isabella isn't angry anymore. They still aren't going to put a character they don't own 100% of the rights for in their big tentpole movie.
>>
>>80897563
Aqua man and Flash are miscasted
>>
File: 643845.jpg (51 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
643845.jpg
51 KB, 309x475
>>80900021
Well if you go that route, replace Diana with Dinah.
>>
>>80900573
There are theories that the Cyborg solo will be actually a Titans movie.
But WB has now two teams (JL and SS) and possibly a third one in development with Dark Universe.

So I dont think they have a need for a 4th one
>>
>>80900349
It is confirmed. Producer said he may not even show up till his solo flick in 2020. They just wanna make sure they get him right this time.
>>
>>80899722
I don't think many people who watch the movie have read much comics or know anything about original rosters and what not. Just like no one knew of Iron man or Captain America until the MCU movies started coming out
>>
>>80902185

Which is a huge mistake going with another solo movie (I know its a Corps movie). They should've put him in the League to make him slowly reconnect with the audience before jumping into another huge movie. Just look at Hulk, both movies flopped because people didnt care about the character, but after Avengers more and more people were asking for another Hulk solo.
>>
>>80902275

Going by that logic, why do they even try to imitate the roster of the comics in the first place?
Why not simply put the most popular and well known DC characters in the Justice League?

Batman, Catwoman, Robin, Harley, Joker, Superman and Wonder Woman
>>
>>80901934

You are forgetting about the outsiders
>>
I don't particularly care who it is, but it feels really weird only having 6 members.
>>
>Any kid that watched JLU knows who he is.
Someone's greatly underestimating how long JLU has been off the air
>>
>>80898098
Putting John in a movie would be a terrible idea, he's the only green lantern that's even more boring than Hal.
>>
>>80897847
What is this a quote from? because I KNOW you picked the one that missed the point of the character the most
>>
>>80899224
>he's still using his awful "classic" inspired design instead of the vastly superior TT design
I don't know why they're so intent on using that stupid chrome and red dot everywhere design, it never looks good
>>
>>80903046
wasn't one of the big promotional things ASSEMBLE THE SEVEN?
>>
>>80897563
We need someone green I don't care if it's GL, Martian Manhunter, or Mera. We need green to balance the colors to please my autism.
>>
>>80903125
He was decent in JLU when they attempted to acknowledge that he was an urban black
But they never really did
>>
>>80903766
What kind of design would you want for the movie?
>>
>>80903691
David Goyer on Martian Manhunter
>>
>>80903909
It's kind of hard to play the 'urban black' angle when he's an architect and a marine.
>>
>>80902478
I know it makes me a pleb, but I'd watch the fuck out of a Batfamily Justice League with
>Bruce
>Damian
>Nightwing
>Catwoman
>Batgirl or Woman
or something
>>
>>80903811
The 7 seas.
>>
>>80903973
It had an episode going back to his home neighborhood and how he felt like an outsider because of his time in the corp
And you can still be successful and come from a bad past, hell, that'd be a really good message to kids of all races.
Better than "I got the ring because I was close and then I ran into a tree" hal
>>
>>80903960
>I don't know what I expected
>>
>>80904065
>hell, that'd be a really good message to kids of all races.
Nah, it's only good for beaners and niggas
>>
>>80903924
I guess a cross between his movie design but with the better balance of colors and armor placement that the TT cartoon had (but god knows we will never have our super serious movies reference a faux anime and now sitcom show)
I actually made a pretty lengthy post about cyborg's costume the other day but I didn't bother to save it, I guess I should have now
>>
File: Imagination.png (143 KB, 568x297) Image search: [Google]
Imagination.png
143 KB, 568x297
>>80897563
Wait that's meant to be Aquaman?
Why the fuck is he karl drogo?
>>
>>80904107
He really just gets all the characters. Why doesn't he write the scripts for all the movies.
>>
File: 1451714939212.jpg (97 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1451714939212.jpg
97 KB, 523x521
>>80898132
Top kek
>>
>>80904065
Maybe in a solo movie you could do that, in a JL movie he would just be boring. He's boring either way, I'd rather get a Simon Baz movie than a John Stewart movie.
>>
>>80904202
So Aquaman can be a badass and normies won't make fun of it.
>>
>>80897563
Do you think that there is a possibility that the Corps will make an apperance? I'm not talking about a team up or anything but maybe a cameo. Maybe they can come to Earth and warn the Justice League about Darksied or something.
Is Coast City even mentioned in BVS?
>>
>>80904546
when is GL ever the most interesting character in the league?
>>
>>80904805
He isn't but that doesn't mean you should use the least boring version of GL.
>>
>>80899722
this man knows whats up

the current roster, if it is what we're actually getting, just feels weird

like, Aquaman and Cyborg seriously have more priority over a GL?

You know what is the single most common thing I see for DC merchandise? These bendy figures. Look at that roster. It doesn't matter if I'm in a best buy, target, candy shop or even a goddamn Marshalls. I see pic related everywhere.

So if GL is always part of the collection, why are they afraid of him in an ensemble movie where Batman is already there? I mean shit, didn't they make BvS because MoS didn't make as much as they expected?
>>
>>80904745
>>
>>80904745
GL is supposed to be a Corps movie, not just a Hal movie; so John and possibly Kyle or Guy have a chance of showing up.
>>
No Green Lantern is a big misstep, the best way to make people like GL would be to get a good actor as GL in the JL movie, kind of like how people actually like Hulk now that he's an Avenger.
>>
>>80905235
>>80905365
He's in the movie.
>>
>>80905235
GL is a lesser priority because the movie sucked and they are worried they'll fuck it up again.
>>
>>80898132
Fuck you, anon. This has only brought misery and pain to my life.
>>
>>80905365
GL is too big to be constrained to JL. He literally has a whole sector to look after. There needs to be a damn good reason why Abin Sur or Hal didnt help against Zod
>>
>>80905443
My top reason for seeing it desu
>>
File: image.jpg (1013 KB, 3264x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1013 KB, 3264x3264
I just wish they would bring Shayera into the DC movie verse. I don't want no Kendra or any of that shit. I want alien badass spy Shayera!!!
>>
>>80906030
I'm only okay with it if we get 3 MONTHS AGO I WAS A BARISTA at least once.
>>
>>80905844
kek, that was bait to make you mad m8
>>
So how they making captain Marvel Grim Dark.
>>
>>80905580
>worry about something because the movie sucked
>still keep snyder on board and promote him to head of the DC movies
ok
>>
>>80907992
MoS was way better received than Green Lantern was.
>>
>>80907109
They've said it will have some independence tonally (but it's still in universe)

Alternatively they could scrap billy and just make a Black Adam film, because people will want to see more of the Rock than anyone else.
>>
>>80897926
So?

Apache Chief was part of the super friends. No one gives a fuck that he doesn't have his own movies because nobody cares about him, like J'onn.
>>
>>80907109
He's an edgy schoolshooter as a kid
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.