[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do little girls in the DCuniverse look up to Wondy? If not her,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: ww24.jpg (414 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
ww24.jpg
414 KB, 780x1200
Do little girls in the DCuniverse look up to Wondy?
If not her, then who do they look up to?
>>
>>80894631
yeah they do, I think one did in JL Origins.

Too bad the next generation will be idolizing Harley Quinn and Deadpool.

CHIMICHANGAS
>>
Depends on the girl, pretty/popular ones choose wondy or peeg, nerdy/ugly ones choose harley quinn or some other villain
>>
Batman. Everyone worships the Batgod
>>
File: 06 (3).jpg (219 KB, 819x793) Image search: [Google]
06 (3).jpg
219 KB, 819x793
>>80894631
>Do little girls in the DCuniverse look up to Wondy?

Yes. Boys too.
>>
Knockout, the Goddess of Sex and Violence.
>>
File: 1427160453011.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1427160453011.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>
File: new_wondy_design_by_kisaru.png (145 KB, 350x477) Image search: [Google]
new_wondy_design_by_kisaru.png
145 KB, 350x477
>>80896096
>implying they don't all look up to Barda
because she's tall, is my point
>>
File: 21.jpg (605 KB, 1280x2012) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
605 KB, 1280x2012
>>
File: 22.jpg (689 KB, 1280x2038) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
689 KB, 1280x2038
>>80896824
>>
>>80894631
I'd like to bring up something I've noticed.
I just read Cyborg. and in like the first 6 or 7 issues he's already done something that was single handedly saving the world on a public stage. And not that Azz's run was bad but it was a personal story with personal conflict and nothing was really shown as a direct threat to peoples lives and without a doubt none of it was like a glaring public victory in the view of the public. The Finch's run, and correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't read it all, follows in the same basic direction of Wondy dealing with personal Amazonian/god issues. And anytime I have seen her doing heroic feats for the public it's almost always as a member of the JL. Clearly in Superman and Batman solo titles and Flash I've seen the hero standing up against the villain for the sake of the people or taking down a threat to the public even if it was directed at them. GL and Aquaman I rarely read so I don't know and won't speak on. But, as far as the new 52 is concerned anyway I haven't seen WW really take the lead in any heroics that would single her out or showcase her independently as a hero. But there are other examples where she clearly is Like in Justice League and Supes/Wondy, BUT those are often, you know, group efforts.

So just on the information given in universe. WW seems like a super powered being that mostly assists other heroes more so than engages in heroics herself.
>>
>>80897134
She's not really fighting crime in her own book. She's mostly dealing with internal Olympus politics.
>>
>>80896096
just like in real life
>>
>>80896824
>wondy plushie
>>
>>80897134
Personally, I think Wonder Woman and Aquaman are at their best when they're written to be dealing with DC's fantasy side. This usually means they're dealing with stuff that's not directly involved with your average, street-level human, and I think it makes their specific stories more interesting than if they were stuck fighting crime in some generic American city.
>>
>>80900739
>>80897134
Didn't London get fucked up real bad during Azzarello's run, and she was the one to fix it?
>>
>>80900838
They had at least a few fights in London, and she did her best to end them. I thought it worked out well: remind the audience that the threat could harm innocent people, but them keep the plot going to other, more fantastical places.
>>
PowerGirl and her boobs
>>
I always admired Hawkgirl when I was younger. I used to watch Justice League but I didn't really read comics back then.
>>
>>80901729
Was it because of the morning star?
Because maces are cooler
>>
>>80901729
That's some good fucking taste, anon.
>>
>>80901622
Wouldn't all women hate her tho?
>>
>>80900739
I wasn't arguing the effectiveness of the story telling, just the public image she'd have in the DC universe. Like to kids watching super heroes in the media She would seem to come off as more of an assistant or sidekick than her own independent super hero.
>>
>>80903536
That's a fair point, and I'll admit that I forgot OP's question by the time I read your post.
>>
Best wonder woman. They should have her be in the movie. She is a strong woman and incredibly charismatic
>>
>>80903536
I'm not sure about in the New52, but in some stories/continuities it's not only about the superheroics, as Wonder Woman also does public speaking, conferences, etc.
>>
>>80894709
>CHIMICHANGAS

Y'know, through all the seasons of Friends, every other main character collectively said "Could I BE any more ____?" many more times than Chandler himself while attempting to mock him.

You are doing the same thing.
>>
>>80904801
Now THAT'S progressive casting I can get behind.
>>
>>80896769
>>80896824
>>80896832
Why is one of the little girls black?
>>
>>80905883
Or could get behind you depending on your mood.
>>
>>80908881
Why are you so hostile.

Does the thrill of anonymously attacking strangers over the internet get your chode to tickle? Perhaps you should consider paying your overdue bar tab. Oh wait im going to guess you dont leave that crusty old basement you call your home. Perhaps if you took one moment, one day, nay, one passing second to think about your situation in life you would realize that in the end nothing is worth while and that the most you can do to positively impact this world and all other worlds in the known universe is to finally, FINALLY, itch that scratch in the back of your mind. The thought you dare not acknowledge lest you finally man up the cojones, balls for your impoverished foolhardy ass, to FINALLY take that power cord, sticky and grimy with caked on layers of doritos crumbs, sweat, and semen. A frothy, disgusting mixture of bodily waste that so accurately sums up who and what you and your lifestyle represent: Absolute scum. Not one more second should pass where you continue to contribute to the enthropic heat death of known reality. Take that power cable. Take that disgusting mound of semen, rubber, and disgusting food particles. Take it. Take all 8 feet of it from the very wall in which its plugged to the half dismantled box that you use to type this message to me. Take it, and finally, FINALLY, itch that scratch. Tie it as tight as you can around your neck, make sure that one end is securely fastened to the ceiling, and take that final plunge. That final step off your bent and mangled chair, the unfortunate piece of plastic used to carry your morbidly obese welfare person. Take that final step. Take that final step into the halls of darness and obscurity. Do it. Kill yourself. For the good of all mankind.
>>
>>80909424

Huh, can't say that I've seen this pasta before. I guess it doesn't get used very often.
>>
>>80908881
It's propaganda.

Comic writers want us to believe black little girls exist, when we all know black people pop out of their mama's stretched out cunts as fully formed criminals, born with a gun in one hand and a set of gold grills in the other.
>>
>>80896803
What're some essential Big Barda reads?
>>
>>80899875
>yfw in another place in this world, there will be some anon jacking off on the plushie and posting photos on /co/

all is right with the world.
>>
>>80899875
Wish I had one.
>>
>>80909424
ebin
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.