[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pitch a new Batman cartoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Gotham-Crusaders-Cover-07222015.jpg (117 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Gotham-Crusaders-Cover-07222015.jpg
117 KB, 970x545
So the execs have asked YOU, anon, to pitch the next Batman cartoon because they're struggling to find a unique identity for it. They ask you a bunch of questions, just answer the ones you can.

>What's it called?
>What is the vibe?
>What separates it from previous Batman cartoons?
>Who are the main cast?
>Is it episodic or arc-based? What's the basic arc idea?
>What gimmicks does it have to sell that sweet toy merch?

There are no wrong answers, anon. Except the fucking stupid ones.
>>
>>80892711
Gotham: No Man's Land

vibe is dark and edgy

It's seperated from other cartoons because Gotham is a literal war zone after a major Earthquake so Bats has to actually work with some villains as well as his extended family though this causes some conflict between the team.

Bats and his buddies are the main cast with certain arcs focusing on other characters from time to time

Arc based with some episodes kinda like later seasons of 90s Spidey.

Gimmicks will be a lot of jury rigging/survivalist shit so you'll see stuff like Zero Year Batman with the bike and crossbow or SWAT Gear Batwoman who just rocks military gear over a beaten up suit
>>
>Batman and Robin
>Dickbats and Damian stories
>Reversal of roles for each and "lesser known" incarnations of each
>Dickbats and Damian with Alfred and the Bat-Zoo.
>X-files style with spoopy MOTW single episodes combined with an overarching plot involving Hurt and the Black Glove
>Neon talking super flying bat-mobile
>>
>>80892711
Gotham City Stories change it if you wantw
Buddy Cop
I don't fuckin no
Did timms batman and robin cartoon have equal focus on robin
Bruce and Tim
i want Jason and Nightwing to come on as guests some times
Arc based featuring different "cases" where batman and robin go solve that shit
But often robin is doing shit batman doesn't like and they argue about how to get shit done

Robin and batman
But robin mostly
Will occasionally build shit to help them with their case
Robins shit is crazy and doesn't always work
batman's shit is more conservative, always works, and leaves robin jealous
We'll sell shit they didn't even make in the show
>>
>>80892809
I'd definitely check this out. No Man's Land has lots of potential as a story setting.

>>80892909
An X-Files Batman with lighterhearted Dickbats and superserious Damien? Would watch the hell out of.

If you throw in a series-spanning background arc of Tim Drake occasionally showing up to rant about Bruce not being dead and searchinh for him that can cross multiple seasons without detracting too much from the main seasonal arcs I'm absolutely there.
>>
>Gotham High
>It's X-Men Evolution but with the Batman enemies
>Super billionaire Bruce Wayne goes to a public school for some inane reason and all his enemies are there as teenage pricks and Bruce tries to stop them from bullying everyone all the time and causing mischief
>Totally episodic shit. Unless you want a season arc of studying for the SATs.

No wonder they cancelled this shit before it got into serious production.
>>
>Shadow of the Bat
>Bittersweet
>It's the life story of Batman's son, but executed differently from the DTV movies
>Damian Wayne is sent to attend Gotham Academy, where he befriends Maps and co. while trying to keep his secrets - that he's the child of Batman who was fired from being Robin after killing the C-lister villain The Spook, whose ghost haunts the Academy grounds as the first overarching/season finale villain. After finally resolving his guilt over Spook's death, Damian is finally ready to look his father in the eye again, when instead he goes out on the cliffhanger of Dick and Alfred picking him up and telling him that Bruce is dead.
>Season 2 is a somewhat more traditional Batman show, putting Damian more in the thick of things, but straining his relationships with his friends even as he gets closer to his tutor/acting coach, Carrie Kelly. On the masked side of things, being a DickBats and Damian show means getting to do even conventional Batman episodes in totally different ways. Dr. Hurt and the Club of Villains/Black Glove would be the main villains, natch, with the League of Assassins on the side.
>Finally, season 3 jumps ahead to a time when Damian has long assumed the mantle of Batman, and Carrie is his Robin, despite the fact that she's older than him, which she ribs him about. Damian deals with the regrets of his life, the new villains who're still arising even after decades spent putting away most of the recognizable ones, and The Spook, who has slowly spread to haunt every block of Gotham and torture DamianBats. We get bittersweet where-are-they-now ending for Damian's friends, who he's long since lost touch with. The resolution is ultimately that even though Damian's life has been really shitty because of the legacy of the Bat, he still grew to me a much better person because of it, but also because of his friends, and even if he doesn't see them he can still be the person they saw he could be, as Batman.
>>
>>80892711
Batman and the Outsiders

Mostly serious, but can afford to have some humor here and there.

It's a team show with Batman leading other superheroes, traveling around the world instead of just Gotham. Mostly to make up for being screwed out of an Outsiders show after Beware the Batman was fucked by CN.

Batman, Black Lightning, Katana, Metamorpho, and Black Orchid (or just Orchid to not interfere with BL). It would have rotating team members, including Creeper.

It would have 13 episode arcs dealing with major international threats. First arc would deal with Kobra.

Multiple, colorful heroes and villain, vehicles, etc.
>>
>>80892809
Wasn't this supposed to be an actual cartoon a few years ago?
>>
>>80892711

a numerous season arc kind of series.

We see the build up to the Joker's origins.

Have Riddler as the big bad for most of the show till the Joker shows up.

I imagine Riddler as a Light Yagami esque mastermind who works with the police as an informant.

Bane and Deadshot are a mercenary duo.

also watch as the Bat Family grows over the years.

also use just about every character that's ever existed in canon and still create new characters.

I'm still trying to figure out new ways to re-invent some classic characters....I'm not that creative.
>>
>>80894171
Would absolutely watch
>Fear the Batman
>A more serious series that is set after Bruce Wayne has disappeared and the Batman is returning to being an urban legend once more.
>The main cast is Nightwing, Flamebird, Creeper, Azrael and Bluebird as the youngest of the main heroes, all attempting to maintain a hold over Gotham after its greatest protector went missing.
>One in every four or five episodes is a "campfire story" or Dick telling someone an anecdote from the past, and is an episode about BruceBat and his classic foes. It'd be animated in a different color scheme, slightly more sepia or whatever.
>Story arcs being covered are where Bruce vanished to, the battle for the cowl after he went missing and the Court of Owls.
>>
>>80894392
So it's Gotham: The Animated Series?
>>
I'd rather have a Superman-centric show following Big Blue as he teams up with different heroes to fight against different villains. Kinda like Brave and the Bold, except obviously replace Batman with Supes and put an extra emphasis on showing the dimensions of the world they inhabit and to show the scope of their powers

Superman teams up with Captain Marvel to fight Black Adam and other magic threats, with the Green Lantern corp to settle intergalactic crimes, with Black Lightning against more street-centric rogues, with Booster Gold and the Legion to stop time crimes, etc

The entire point of the show is really to point out why Superman's important in the DCU. Not because of his powers, but because he's the hero's hero. Superman's kinda like the JSA in the way that he's the role model that everybody else looks up to and strives to be like. Whether or not he's perfect doesn't matter as his best traits always stand tall in the end
>>
>Batman Incorporated
>Bruce Wayne is older and no longer field-active but rather coordinates his Bats globally in a manner similar to Oracle or BeyondBruce
>The "field" cast changes as required, with stories being set all around the world. There's always at least one Bat-like hero though, whether it be a solo op, a local team mission or requiring Bruce to summon some Outsiders to assist
>The various locations of the world are important as the backgrounds and places need to be vibrant and eyecatching and show off all sorts of amazing places around the world.
>The villains can be varied and personalised to each team, rather than all just being the same standbys of Bruce's Foes we've seen before.
>Arcs span from an episode to sometimes up to four or five episodes with the same team before moving on.
>Due to the global scale it's easy to include Season Arcs and possibly a whole Series Arc as well.
>Due to it being run as a corporate operation now there's opportunity for more political and financial meddling from enemies who would otherwise be trounced by Batfamily.
>So many characters = so many toy figures
>>
A show focusing on the various Robins at various points in time, showing their strengths, backstories, relationships, and categorizations, all with the shadow of Batman himself looming, but almost always in the background.
>>
>Batman and Superman
>An anthology series as the two work together to solve crimes and defeat villains around the world, often teaming up with other heroes
>Humorous, but not always lighthearted. Lots of jokes from Bats/Supes acting as a foil to one another. Their bromance is the focus of the show, however
>First season is mostly just the two of them in Gotham/Metropolis, but they meet up with diverse characters and villains
>As time goes on, Robin, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Black Lightning, Supergirl, and some other heroes become first- and second-tier main characters
>Seasonal arcs, maybe one series-long arc involving Darkseid
>Also features team-ups with C- and D-list characters like Brave and the Bold, but not always campy about it

Possible stories/arcs:
>Booster Gold episodes involving time crimes where they team up with original Blue Beetle, Jonah Hex, Jay Garrick, Guy Gardener
>Silly episodes (one per season like Teen Titans) involving Bat-Mite, Ambush Bug, Mxyzptlk, Bizarro
>Outsiders arc with Black Lightning, Black Orchid, Katana, Metamorpho, Creeper
>All the heroes get kidnapped and the sidekicks have to save the day
>Team-ups with Teen Titans and Doom Patrol. Hell, even Suicide Squad
>Every season has a 2-part finale with increasingly cooler battles
>First season finale is Lex using his influence to have Batman and Superman marked as criminals and running from the law and other heroes
>Later on, stuff like a Lantern war
>Series finale has all heroes and villains team up against Darkseid, then a Bat-Mite cancellation episode, then the last episode is a timeskip Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?/Batman equivalent as Nightwing, Booster Gold, Spectre, Bat-Mite, etc all discuss how they retire/die but their spirits live on
>>
>>80893327
I seriously doubt that was ever put into consideration even. that always looked like someone's Deviant Art shit that they convinced gullible people was "totally a pitch that was considered for the network!"
>>
>>80896581
I wouldn't be surprised if it was taken to at least one meeting after the guy sent it through, just so that somebody could meet a quota for "pitching new ideas", even if he was sure this idiot's concept would be rejected.

It's what I'm doing with all of these ideas when I get to my meeting in three hours, after all.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.