[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2000 reviews >9.7/10 Star wars 7 had 9.5/10 on 2000 reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12
File: 1.jpg (177 KB, 758x1027) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
177 KB, 758x1027
>2000 reviews
>9.7/10

Star wars 7 had 9.5/10 on 2000 reviews
>>
>>80887470

imdb is a shit show

Like, I think BvS will be pretty good

but imdb is a garbage
>>
>>80887496

Is this any indication of what it'll land on on other sites?
>>
>>80887496
It's better than RT that's for sure.
And RT is seen as the bible here and on /tv/
>>
>>80887470
IMDB scores mean nothing. Take it from one who voted The Godfather a 1 and TDK a 10 so TDK could be #1 in the top 250. I deleted my score out of shame later.
>>
>>80887470
>dat fucking spoiler in the synopsis
>>
>>80887567
RT is only seen as the bible when it confirms a bias. Or in a shitpost.

Or both.
>>
File: 1438507266436.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1438507266436.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
>Now it's on 9,8/10 with 2.3K reviews
>>
>>80887543
Nope just a lot of shills spamming 10 stars.
>>
>>80887470
Bias against Snyder and the tone of this movie is pretty real, i dont think it will even reach 8.0/10
>>
>>80887897
it'll peak at about 850k I hope. Successful enough to continue but not so much that Warner Bros will axe the television shows as unnecessary.
>>
>imdb
come on anon the dark knight rises is in the top 100 best films of all time on that site
>>
>>80887470
>Star wars 7 had 9.5/10 on 2000 reviews
Christ almighty.
>>
>>80887470
C A P E K I N O
>>
This may be a dumb question, but why are movies, in the age of the Internet with camrips and spoilers and discussion, released at different times in different countries instead of at the same time?
>>
>>80888000
>>80887470
It's funny the power of blind fanboyism. Total shit can get a 9/10 because people can't handle the idea that it's bad.
>>
>>80888017
Premieres

The cast can't be in 12 different countries
>>
>>80888193
That seems dumb. Why not just send them at different times but still send out the movie at once? Only some people are going to really care about the actors being there so they can serve as rustling up more attention for those people.
>>
>>80888225
That's what batman v superman is doing
>>
>>80888028
I also want to put blame on the whole "no spoilers" campaign they forced on everyone. Like it's a common thing for people to just spoil the movie for others.
It was a clever way to get people in the theaters to see it for themselves because people couldn't just tell them "It's the exact same movie as the original"

Because you couldn't talk about anything in the movie without it being a spoiler of some kind or some way.

It really bothered me how shitty Star Wars was (and now the majority of Star Wars films are shit) yet nobody dared speak out about it.
>>
>>80888193
Fair enough, but why do American movies premiere in other countries first?
>>
>>80888292
I wouldn't say TFA was shitty, since it's not a badly constructed movie. It was bland, safe, and copying the originals to the point of breathlessness. It nailed the aesthetic of Star Wars but not the life of it.

Some elements were quite good: I liked Kylo Ren's ability to hold lasers in midair because that was an impressive and unique expression of Force power and it immediately established him as a formidable character. I loved Rey's introduction because it said so much about her character with so little. I was excited at Finn's backstory because it was unique and had great opportunity, but the followthrough was such a letdown.

Really, TFA is more defined as a disappointment, like an old friend who was tons of fun when you were growing up but you return to find them doing the same things they've always done. It's familiar, and that's nice at first, but it gets old and annoying and downright saddening after awhile, especially since you keep seeing flashes of something more.
>>
>>80888316
builds up hype. I also think it may be that other areas have more lenient standards on what a good action movie is so it's easier to drum up good press.

I'm still pissed China made Transfourmoremovies so lucrative that Bay could make a spin off franchise about the chihuahua from the first one and still make billions.
>>
>>80888399
>hold lasers in midair

Not even Yoda or Sheev or Revan could do that bullshit.
>>
>>80888449
Its just an advancement of Grandpa's deflection trick.
>>
>>80888449
>Revan
>video game character applicable to movies

I see it as different expressions of power and style. Kylo was trying to be impressive whereas other characters would simply deflect it and move on.
>>
>>80888292
TFA got that high because it play with nostalgia and the movie itself is not bad at all, it's just don't deserve that much praise.
>>
>>80887567
No it isn't. At least RT collects reviews from actual critics. IMDb is purely user based, which is why their top 100 is awful.
>>
>>80888500
neither does BvS then capitalising on the five year olds idea of cool "Aww yea Batman should fight Superman".
>>
>>80887470
This is just like fucking Goodreads. Books that don't come out for months have 1000+ ratings.
>>
>>80888544
Yup, that too and other capeshit movies.
>>
>>80887470
>2000 reviews
>implying
>>
>>80888399
>I liked Kylo Ren's ability to hold lasers in midair because that was an impressive and unique scene for the trailer
Literally nothing else Kylo does from then on is very threatening. He throws tantrums, takes off his mask over and over again, and he is a giant idiot.
>Where is the droid?
>Darth Kyle here told not to look 15 feet because he got his prom date
>Kylo just stands there pouting, knowing he's a big idiot

Rey was annoying to say the least.
>She freaks out when she's off planet for a few hours, implying she would have extremely limited experience with space flight
>During an attack she somehow manages to get in the Millennium Falcon and actually get the notoriously difficult ship into the air
>topping it all off she manages to out maneuver small fighter craft in atmospheric combat through tight spaces.
>main villain immediately drops his plans just to kidnap her for no reason
>she has a dark and mysterious past about her family that will be super important because that's what made Luke interesting in the first film, except not
>Luke's lightsaber somehow calls out to her because she is so special
>knowing how to do the Jedi mind trick when she was never told before that Jedi could do the mind trick
>being able to beat Kylo in a force fight after being aware of the force for a day
Everything about her sounds like she's a fan fiction character
>>
>>80888552
>Books that don't come out for months have 1000+ ratings.
What? How?

Are they tied to reviews, or can you just vote?
>>
>>80888520
In the past maybe but right now? I would say RT is not that much better, just read all those 'critic' review.
>>
>>80888578
I'm not disputing any of that.
>>
>>80887567
>RT is seen as the bible here and on /tv/
>>
>>80887553
Take your dank meme back to /v/ where it belongs to.
>>
>>80888578
Its a JJ Abrams film Star Wars film. Of course she's a fan fiction character. She's a legit Mary Sue.
>>
There will be such a glorious butthurt upon this movie's release. I think it's what we all are most excited for.
>>
>>80888601
So your main character and your main antagonist are both shit
and they mess with the lore of the previous films and even ruin character development from the previous films...
That somehow doesn't make it a shit movie? Because it looks pretty on screen?

I was excited to see actual puppets on screen. I really was glad to see the practical effects. But production quality makes it worse for me because a bad script is the easiest thing to change.
They even had to project holograms of the previous death stars up next to the Death Star 3.0 to show that it is literally the exact same story.
>>
>>80888676
>lore of the previous films
Wait, when? Compared to midichlorian bullshit it seemed remarkably true to the originals.
>>
>reviews are objective fact
>reviews are worthless

Kill yourselves if you believe either of these. If a review is done right, the number at the end is the least important part

Review aggregates are only semi-useful for determining how relatively well-received a movie is, especially since not everyone's 10-point scale is calibrated the same.
>>
Who gives a fuck?
Letterboxd is still pleb but much better.
>>
>>80888578
>TESB: Luke spends an entire movie training to fight his arch nemesis and ends up handily losing the fight he built up to
>TFA: Rey crushes Kylo in their first duel simply by the power of the force
>>
>>80887470
>along with wonderwomen

wow it's almost like they had to find a way to force her into the story to calm down a bunch of chicks
>>
>>80888753
JJ Abrams can't have his speical snowflake lose.
>>
I'm not into Company Wars in any way, but, how does it make sense that a movie that's not out yet has so many reviews?
>>
File: 1458261197807.png (5 KB, 154x157) Image search: [Google]
1458261197807.png
5 KB, 154x157
>>80887470
All according to plan.
>>
>>80888805
IMDB is almost entirely user-submitted and the mods are terrible
>>
>>80888776
its more that Snyder wanted Gadot in the film and had to find a way to work her into it. Heck she went into the film thinking she was going to play Selina Kyle.
>>
>>80888578
Yeah I noticed that too, but instead of thinking less of rey for whipping kylos ass it just was embarrassing for him.
You were trained by a sith lord AND Luke Skywalker, and you can't beat some chick that's never used a light saber before? What a puss.
>>
>>80888805
It's out in other countries which have a populations of far larger than 1.7K people.
>>
>>80888676
>>80888705
Fake Yoda who is somehow older than Yoda says the dark and light sides have always actively influenced the galaxy now or some shit, whereas it was just an energy field
>>
>>80888829
not to mention the community is pretty terrible
makes websites like this kinda useless when people spam 0s or 10s on movies that aren't even out yet or have some controversy surrounding them
>>
>>80888841
1. He had just killed his father; emotionally compromised; difficulty accessing the Force (which is why he pounds on his wound, to generate the pain necessary to reach the dark side).
2. He had just been shot by Chewie's bowcaster, a weapon that had thrown fully armored Stormtroopers in the air when it hit them.
3. He had just come out of a fight with Finn; not terribly long, but he's tired and wounded.
4. Most importantly: he did not want to kill her. He wanted to capture her. He had Rey stumbling backward while he walked towards her constantly. He had enough of the upper hand to
5. Rey got in one lucky hit and then the fight ended because the planet started opening up. There is also the suggestion that she was tapping into the dark side, if her expression and stalking are any indication, which might play into his comment about needing a teacher.

If Kylo had been uninjured and intending to kill her then she'd be dead.
>>
File: 1457680103029.jpg (108 KB, 581x896) Image search: [Google]
1457680103029.jpg
108 KB, 581x896
>>80888805
there was also a press screening yesterday and fans who saw the trailer in IMAX get to see it I think Monday
>>
>>80888966
>emotionally compromised

nah
>>
>>80888877
Why would it be strange to have a creature older than Yoda? Alien races exist and nowhere in the originals does anyone claim that no one can be older than a certain number of years.

Does she say it actively influenced the galaxy? If so then yes, that's definitely altering the lore. If it's just that she meant that Force-users actively influence the galaxy then that's quite obviously true, or that their drawing on the light and dark influences the galaxy through the decisions they make. Obviously the Force is not simply an energy field if using it under certain conditions makes a difference enough to call it dark or light.
>>
>>80888595
At least those people all write out a review of why they did or didn't like the movie - even if it's a poorly written review. All you have to do on imdb is click how many stars you want to give it. I hate RTposting as much as the next person, but imdb is far worse.
>>
>>80889039
She's not really lore breaking herself but one does have to wonder why the Jedi never got in touch if she's lived that long.
>>
>>80889196
Why would they need or want to? She's clearly involved with shady characters so she's not an upstanding individual in their eyes. Her firsthand experience isn't necessarily important, considering the Jedi pride themselves on having impressive archives. Unless she's Force-sensitive herself they might not go looking for her, or she might have rejected any interest on their part because she liked her life as it was.
>>
>>80889196
Too old to be trained when they met her? She learned by herself anyway?
>>
>>80888705
>the force now gives full on visions instead of the feelings
>lightsabers can call to force sensitive people
>Anakin's lightsaber was brought back
>Luke stops being proactive and becomes a hermit for no reason
>Han Solo goes back to being a smuggler that always skips out on his deals
>The Millennium Falcon can be tracked across the galaxy easily with no tracking devices
>Stormtroopers are now kidnapped children that are brainwashed because it is more evil than cloning and for literally no other reason
>>
>>80889441
>the force now gives full on visions instead of the feelings
Luke had a vision on Dagoba that he was fighting his father and he struggled to concentrate while training with Yoda because he saw visions of his friends suffering. The only difference between this and Rey's visions are that we were able to see all of Rey's visions.

>lightsabers can call to force sensitive people
Eh, I don't care so much about this one. It's a common enough trope to have people feel called by a special room or implement they've never seen before.

>Anakin's lightsaber was brought back
What's the problem with this? Kylo's obsessed with Vader so it'd make sense that he'd be focused on finding it, and it could easily have been found after Luke lost it on Cloud City. Sure, from a "copying the originals" it's kinda annoying, but it's standard fare to have a weapon that's associated with family/important people be passed on.

>Luke stops being proactive and becomes a hermit for no reason
We don't know why he did, though to be fair, considering this is exactly what Obi-Wan did it's not really breaking the lore of the films, just Luke's character.

>Han Solo goes back to being a smuggler that always skips out on his deals
Also annoying, but somewhat understandable. It's the life he's always known and he probably fell back on that because he felt lost after losing his son.

>The Millennium Falcon can be tracked across the galaxy easily with no tracking devices
I don't remember enough about that to comment.

>Stormtroopers are now kidnapped children that are brainwashed because it is more evil than cloning and for literally no other reason
Or maybe they ran out of clones and it's not like they could just up and recruit people?
>>
>>80889664
>What's the problem with this? Kylo's obsessed with Vader so it'd make sense that he'd be focused on finding it, and it could easily have been found after Luke lost it on Cloud City
The problem was that Kylo didn't find it. Some random old alien "stumbled across it" then locked it in the basement for no reason for apparently 20 years.
It also fell down the shaft and landed who knows where. The fact that it's in one piece is amazing.

>this is exactly what Obi-Wan did
Obi-Wan was watching after Luke. Even though it really gets into prequel territory. Regardless, Luke started off his journey wanting to join the rebellion. He was actively wanting to do things, even though he walked head first into danger time and time again.
Now something happens off screen, that they never address, and he just fucks off his friends are facing peril over and over again. Obi-wan was a hermit who had nobody except Luke to look after.

>maybe they ran out of clones
They literally said
>if this kidnapping thing doesn't work, perhaps we should just go back to using clones.

also how the fuck did that stormtrooper recognize Finn as a traitor, when they kind of pointed out earlier that they were almost never allowed to take their masks off?
>>
>>80889664
>What's the problem with this? Kylo's obsessed with Vader so it'd make sense that he'd be focused on finding it, and it could easily have been found after Luke lost it on Cloud City. Sure, from a "copying the originals" it's kinda annoying, but it's standard fare to have a weapon that's associated with family/important people be passed on.

It fell into Bespin, which is a gas planet. First of all; how would he even know to look there for it and second; how would they even go about retrieving it? That shit was dumb.
>>
>>80889900
>if this kidnapping thing doesn't work, perhaps we should just go back to using clones.
Yeah okay, that's dumb. Unless the clones were having issues due to accelerating aging in which case that's again understandable.

>almost never allowed to take their masks off?
In public, I'm assuming. But the barracks are different.

>Now something happens off screen, that they never address, and he just fucks off his friends are facing peril over and over again.
I agree that this is dumb and if it's not explained then it's frustrating, but that is prequel territory and unfortunately that's also canon so that's not changing the lore much.
>>
>>80889932
Why couldn't there be scavengers beneath Cloud City? It's a mining operation, like Lando said, not "cloud gathering", so there has to be something there. Perhaps the core contains metals.
>>
>>80890039
it's still an incredibly long fall, even if there were solid land for it to be on.
Remember when the Stormtroopers couldn't find two droids, which are much larger and they knew where the pod landed?
>>
>>80890405
Magnetic traps.

That is stupid, yes.
>>
>>80887470
and starwars 7 was also overrated mediocrity propped up entirely by consumers' brand loyalty
>>
>>80890564
It was fun and the vast majority of people who saw it enjoyed it. Nothing you say or believe will change that.
>>
>>80890611
The Chinese like Transformers Age of Extinction. That must make it a great movie.
>>
File: avatar_2b73fd9e7c71_128.png (18 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
18 KB, 128x128
>not 10/10
Uh oh, time to reset the clock
>>
>>80890703
Flicks are incapable of being "great movies". None of the Star Wars films are "great movies". Your mistake is refusing to allow yourself to just enjoy something for what it is, holding it to a retarded standard instead.
>>
>>80887470
How much of the advertising budget is typically spent on paying reviewers?
>>
File: 1457427176026.jpg (81 KB, 340x527) Image search: [Google]
1457427176026.jpg
81 KB, 340x527
>>80890611
>fun
Was it comfy too? Kill yourself.
>>
>>80890826
>He can't enjoy a mindless fun romp
I'm sure your life is sooooo more fulfilling than us plebeians'.
>>
>>80890782
But Star Wars was a great movie.

I swear you people...
>>
>>80890819
Half of every Marvel movie's budget goes to RDJ to keep him breathing. The other half goes to paying off critics. The CG effects are just done by interns who don't get paid.
>>
>>80888966
>4. Most importantly: he did not want to kill her. He wanted to capture her.
He did that once before with absolutely no effort, and for some reason couldn't just do it again.
>>
File: 1457462390314.jpg (13 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1457462390314.jpg
13 KB, 540x489
>>80890886
>missing the point this hard
Try harder when discussing a subject next time rather than use lazy buzzwords.
>>
>>80890929
Sure it was, namefag. It was a cinematic masterpiece and totally not a generic ripoff of Flash Gordon with neat special effects. The acting was shitty and the writing wasn't cheesy at all!
>>
File: 1408907135922.gif (442 KB, 441x270) Image search: [Google]
1408907135922.gif
442 KB, 441x270
>People genuinely give a shit about IMBD ratings
>>
>>80890981
>avatarfagging
How is "fun" a buzzword? If it's not a serious drama, if it's enjoyable for its action, special effects, etc, I consider it a fun movie.
>>
>>80887590

I still find hilarious how the TDK fans from IMDB got butthurt when Toy Story 3 surpassed TDK in the Top 250 list when it came out.
>>
>>80891197
Remember the poor critic who was the first on Rotten Tomatoes to give TDKR a bad review (before it came out) and got completely flamed by TDK fans?
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (1011 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
1011 KB, 200x150
>>80887897
>Bias against Snyder and the tone of this movie is pretty real
Oh my god the persecution complex with you snyderfags is already happening and the movie isn't out yet

You must be the kind of anon that calls everyone a Donnerfag or all reviewers Donnerfags despite next to no review about MOS even mentioning the Reeves movies.
>>
>>80891347
>despite next to no review about MOS even mentioning the Reeves movies.
While plenty of people are delusional on the defense side, you cannot say with a straight face that if the perception of the Superman character wasn't what it was due to the Donnor movies that MoS wouldn't have gotten better reviews.
>>
>>80891197
imdb is the worst shithole on the internet if you want to discuss movies. The fact that they think TDK is one of the greatest films ever made is just pathetically sad.
>>
>>80891386
I literally can because it had a fuck ton of a structural problems

You can handwave that shit all you want, but the movie had serious pacing, tone, dialogue and development issues. The idea that you seriously expect film critics, who more than likely have never read a comic ever, are going not muh Superman is so utterly retarded especially when Superman 3 & 4 have worse critical consensus than MOS.
>>
>>80888753

Kylo Ren also had been fucking gut shot not two minutes before, is also kind of shit and had never had a real challenge in a fight before. In all likelihood, this is probably the first force user he's fought in a long while.
>>
File: 1428705209556.jpg (18 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1428705209556.jpg
18 KB, 251x242
>>80887590
fucking autist
>>
File: image.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329 KB, 1920x1080
>>80887470
>IMBD

MoSfags are so fucking desperate for this movie to be good.
>>
>>80890966
See reason 2: he's too tired to tap into the power that he would need to do that, especially since she has already shown that she can fight back against his mental probing to the point of reversing it. She is now aware of her power and can use it and, like any other person suddenly given great power, will likely use it wildly and with dangerous results. If he wants both of them to return in one piece then he needs to weaken her first.
>>
>>80893954
Just like your mom was desperate for the birth control to work
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.