[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Frank Miller?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Frank Miller.jpg (11 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
Frank Miller.jpg
11 KB, 214x317
What are your thoughts on Frank Miller?
>>
Love his drawings but he's pretty fucked up in the noggin.
>>
>>80881430
meh good and bad
>>
If you asked me to make a Comic Book Mount Rushmore, he would be one of the heads.
>>
His crap is starting to outweigh his good work.
>>
The only comic artist who hasn't been taken in by PC crap.
>>
File: Hero-Envy-Wolverine.jpg (99 KB, 557x865) Image search: [Google]
Hero-Envy-Wolverine.jpg
99 KB, 557x865
One of the all time greats despite the bad stuff from later years. and it is BAD

but for real if anyone did ONE book that was as good as Year One, or DKR, or Daredevil, or Born Again, or the list goes on and they'd be a legend. Miller just kept pumping them out.
>>
>>80881540
Eh, there are more deserving creators than him for that.
>>
Talented weirdo who let his ego and eccentricities get the better of him.

Just like Alan Moore.
>>
File: RoninPic.jpg (129 KB, 599x529) Image search: [Google]
RoninPic.jpg
129 KB, 599x529
>>80881930
Miller's importance stretches far beyond his actual work.

His fusion of influence from all over the world and the popularity he gained from introduced and influenced whole generations with new pools of talent to take stuff from.

The stuff him and his then wife did with color and printing on Ronin and DKR and DK2 sparked revolutions in that stuff.

He is supremely important for the progression of Comics.

And I also happen to REALLY REALLY like how he draws comics.
>>
>>80881987
Holy Terror's art was absolutely terrible.
>>
>>80882026
We will disagree on that point
>>
Miller's maybe the only guy who whenever there's a thread about his work i inevitably end up re reading some of it.
>>
>>80881430
My thoughts are with him
>>
His work may not always be good but its always interesting.
>>
>>80881430
He needs to make Lee finish ASBAR
It's not like Miller is getting any younger and healthier
>>
He's a talented man that doesn't like Superman.
>>
>>80882160

Literally why? ASBAR was fun because of how ridiculous it was, but it's not like I'm on tenterhooks to see how the story ends.
>>
>>80881987
Yeah, but Eisner, Barks, Kirby, Kurtzman and Crumb are more important than him.
If we include strip cartoonist then so are Herriman, McCay, Walt Kelly and Schulz. Those are comic creators I'd include on comics Mount Rushmore. They've had a bigger impact on other creators and the industry than Miller in my opinion.
>>
>>80881430
I think the Succubus took too much of his soul when she fucked him but other then that I enjoy his work.
>>
>>80882214
I want to see Bruce trying and failing at trying to be a more responsible human being when it comes to Dick.
>>
>>80882214
I sure am, it's been 8 or 9 years since the last issue. They better finish it at some point.
>>
What does /co/ think of his body of work?
>>
File: YGCI1xL.jpg (88 KB, 594x416) Image search: [Google]
YGCI1xL.jpg
88 KB, 594x416
>>80882507
forgot pic
>>
>>80882548
Jesus Christ. Did his drinking catch up with him?
>>
Does he have cancer or something?
>>
>>80881430
Not my Frank, i can not be franked by him
>>
>>80882507
>>80882548
I loved A Nightmare on Elmstreet
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.