[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any comics that genuinely unnerved you? Nothing to horrific,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Beautiful Darkness.jpg (514 KB, 1310x1778) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful Darkness.jpg
514 KB, 1310x1778
Any comics that genuinely unnerved you? Nothing to horrific, just disturbing.
>>
What is this and where can I read it
>>
The first time I read Uzumaki I marathon read it all in one sitting, most of it at night by myself. Left me vaguely unsettled by spirals for a few days.
>>
>>80879046
Necromicon
>Fish rape
>Plane of Leng
>>
>>80879079
Beautiful Darkness, you can find it on Amazon.
Unless someone wants to storytime it.
>>
File: tumblr_mrkc32LUlV1ru1sfvo1_1280.jpg (692 KB, 1188x1146) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrkc32LUlV1ru1sfvo1_1280.jpg
692 KB, 1188x1146
Most everything Josh Simmons has done
>>
>>80879046
This shit is exactly like fluffy pony but with fairies. I heard people praise this book on /co/ but it's very similar to cancer from /b/.

Only saving grace about this book is the art. Aside from that it's horribly overrated.
>>
>>80879181
I don't see the comparison to that at all anon. Please elaborate.
>>
>>80879046
That's an edgy comedy it's not supposed to be disturbing
>>
what kind of pussy gets upset reading comics?
>>
Enigma was pretty unnerving
>>
My Friend Dahmer was unsettling.
>>80879181
your opinion is overrated.
>>
>>80879211
>Comedy.
Some of the deaths were comedic, but it wasn't really a comedy.
>>
>>80879181
Fuck off.
>>
>>80879211
This. It isn't meant to be taken as being sincere, the fluffy pone(I believe there was a 2hu version that preceded those) comics where brought up and its basically a version of that done purposely in a fashion that's intent isn't meant to be taken seriously.
>>
File: ralph.jpg (50 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ralph.jpg
50 KB, 320x240
>>80879276
>what kind of person laughs at a comedy?
>what kind of person gasps at a horror movie?
>what kind of person cries at a Disney movie?
>>
>>80879079
Its kind of like Lord of the Flies mixed with a little magic.
>>
>>80879400
that's the difference really, fluffies are hilarious while beautiful darkness was more OH SHIT style.
Those of us reading fluffy abuse comics do so because that's what we came for. BD blindsides you a bit
>>
>>80879181
(you) sad little man
>>
>>80879349
Oh yeah, that's a good one.

I think it's a bit scary to see shades of people you know in it too, really makes you think
>>
There was this one Hellraiser story about a bunch of vietnam vets who got together every year to play Russian roulette until one of them died. For some reason it really fucked with my head
Clive Barker's story Dread also left me feeling sick.
>>
>>80879210
Naive death prone happy creatures die due to their own stupidity and don't understand the concept of death.Leader of the group is a manipulative brat and the followers listen to them because they tell them to.
>>
>>80879919
When has any fluffy pone had that kind of story?
>>
>>80879942
There are hundreds of stories about that shit happening. I can't post the images in this thread or I'll get banned.
>>
>>80879982
Its not really that new of a concept, anon. You have Lord of the Flies, a Clockwork Orange, and many others that follow a similar format.
>>
>>80879349
>My Friend Dahmer was unsettling.
Which version?
>>
>>80879444
what kind of person cries at a Disney movie?
>>
>>80880384
Up caught a lot of people by surprise when they went in expecting a funny movie.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.