[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is classic X-Factor? Setting aside how they had to ruin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: X-Factor_Vol_1_10.jpg (62 KB, 397x585) Image search: [Google]
X-Factor_Vol_1_10.jpg
62 KB, 397x585
So how is classic X-Factor? Setting aside how they had to ruin Cyclops for it

This can also be a X-General
>>
It was good
>>
So, I got the entire complete first volume plus annuals at a thrift store for 40 bucks. All floppies bagged and boarded.

I do good?
>>
>>80878690
Oh, we don't talk about comics on this website. It's for shitposting about movies and cartoon general threads.
>>
>>80879761
Do you really prefer reading floppies?
>>
File: 20-splash.jpg (366 KB, 1151x843) Image search: [Google]
20-splash.jpg
366 KB, 1151x843
>>80879812

this is like the third time in as many days i've tried to have an X-man thread and this has the most posts
>>
>>80878690
It' starts off pretty bad when Bob Layton is writing it, then he got the boot and Louise Simonson turned it into a good comic especially once her husband Walter Simonson comes aboard as the artist
>>
File: Mutant-Massacre-Map.gif (348 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
Mutant-Massacre-Map.gif
348 KB, 666x1000
I'm actually reading through Claremont's X run right now. I'm in the mid 160's and New Mutants just started up so I'm incorporating that book into my reading.

Should I add X-Factor when I get to it or ignore it? Tbh I know it's around Uncanny 200 and I'll more than likely start to be burned out by then but if it's worth continuing I'll just take a break.
>>
>>80880008
Yes read X-Factor, like I said >>80879989 Once Louise Simonson comes aboard it's the best original 5 X book
>>
>>80879840

I like hunting the issues I need.

It's a horrible "hobby" and I suggest you never do it. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>80880008

That's around where I'm at and so far the Claremont stuff just keeps getting better. I'm worried about entering the crossover era tho. Every Secret Wars 2 thing is the worst tho.

>>80879989

Didn't know Walt drew it, might read those just for his art.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1440x1080
>retcon the Dark Phoenix saga so that it was not actually Jean who became the Phoenix, but the Phoenix instead became a separate entity and copied her image and likeness, all while the actual Jean was kept unharmed in a cocoon in Jamaica Bay

>change Madelyne Pryor's origin so that she isn't just a regular woman with an uncanny (sorry) resemblance to Jean, but a clone created by Mister Sinister, who becomes the Goblin Queen and kills herself

>this was all just so they could have an excuse have the O5 become heroes again instead of having Scott retire and live happily ever after, as originally intended

I really, really dislike it.
>>
>>80879873
Hey i recently read this, and i am in issue 33 of the new mutants vol 1, they are is amazing
>>
File: tumblr_mlejwuJbDp1rcsnl1o1_1280.jpg (537 KB, 992x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlejwuJbDp1rcsnl1o1_1280.jpg
537 KB, 992x1600
Marvel Unlimited has 1, 9, 10, 11 and then jumps to 33-40, and 63, 64, 71-89, and 125 of X-Factor. What a weird selection

>>80880273

the behind the scenes stuff is amazing. Ann Nocenti took Claremont to dinner to keep him from barging into the Marvel offices to stop it. He had like a couple of saving throws to try and keep Jean dead too. Like using her sister with a resemblance who would turn out to have powers on the team. Highers up gotta have dat Jean tho.

>>80880275

Sienkiewicz is a god
>>
>>80878690
Not only did it ruin Cyclops but it also ruined Jean (by as already mentioned, retconning one of the most famous story arcs in comics) and Angel as well (Let's have the Marauders cut off his wings! And then have Apocalypse replace them with metal wings with an unlimited supply of deployable blades! And give him a healing factor! And make him blue, while we're at it!)

Although I did like PAD's run with Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy, etc.
>>
>>80880961
Fuck off
Blue Angel with razor wings is the sickest fucking thing and should be his status quo like blue hairy Beast
>>
>>80880961
Angel, up until he had his original wings ripped off, was by far the least interesting of the original X-Men.
>>
>>80881168

that's a close fucking race though
>>
File: Nathaninfectedbyapoc.png (284 KB, 300x397) Image search: [Google]
Nathaninfectedbyapoc.png
284 KB, 300x397
>>80880961
Book gave us Rictor, Apocalypse, um... uh... "Ship"...?

Lots of great stuff there. Nothing regrettable at all.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.