[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 18
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 1024x341) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 1024x341
DARKSEID OMEGA SYMBOL clip

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dvUqXoAEdIc
>>
File: 1.jpg (318 KB, 4096x1694) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
318 KB, 4096x1694
>Reviews are looking positive
>Naysayers are getting btfo'd

Things are looking up
>>
>>80869501
>looking positive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afN8Zf8w7gQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1204
>>
>>80869455
Any spics here? Who's watching it on 19th?
>>
>>80869928
>not that its bad, its just not good
well no shit its zack snyder

how the fuck can /co/ be continually surprised by this

and next year its going to be the same cycle with Justice League
>>
>>80869928
Well, "just fine" is better than "dreadful".
>>
>>80870029
>b-but the David Goyer had no input on the script this time!

I can see it now.
>>
File: Screencapped for Snyderfag lulz.png (589 KB, 2096x920) Image search: [Google]
Screencapped for Snyderfag lulz.png
589 KB, 2096x920
>>80869928
it begins

im so glad i saved this screencap, i will be posting it in many, many threads
>>
>>80869983
It's a premier, no beaner will actually see it.
>>
>We've been waiting 3 years for this shit
>>
>>80869928
Maybe it's a little better received than MOS, but don't expect great things about this by critics
>>
>>80869928

That's 1 critic out of the 10 who've said its great
>>
>>80869928
welp game over
Its gonna get shit on
>>
>>80870552
he hasn't seen it it's just what he's hearing from people who have
>>
>>80870552
Theres also the EW writer who last week said if you thought MoS was bad, this probably isn't the movie for you

So, I strongly anticipate a return to 2013's endless shitstorm
>>
>>80870639
This is more anticipated than MoS was, the shitstorm will be bigger
>>
>>80869928
This entire week everyone who saw it has said it was great yet these two guys "heard" from "someone" that it wasn't great and suddenly
>ITS OVERRRR

yet they still said theyre going to see it kek.
>>
>>80870639
He said the dark tone moron. People will love the dark tone because batman's in it..

It's a win win
>>
>>80869928
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afN8Zf8w7gQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1204 [Embed]
But this is not true, people who've seen it say it's good, I don't think I've seen a single back thing said about it, there have been entire threads about that.

I never got the fictitious bad buzz for this movie.
>>
>>80869928
>I've heard a few people don't like it

But everyone likes it according to official reviewers

All they hear are good things about the movie
>>
File: 1458335015029.jpg (41 KB, 562x322) Image search: [Google]
1458335015029.jpg
41 KB, 562x322
>>80870788
>But everyone likes it according to official reviewers
like this guy?
>>
Who are you taking?

When are you watching it?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>80870855
BvS confirmed to be another Snyder schlockfest of mediocrity.

I don't know why anyone expected more.
>>
File: Three Hours 48 Minutes.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2924) Image search: [Google]
Three Hours 48 Minutes.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2924
>>80869928
>If a movie goes for over two hours, you've gotta ask, "What the fuck are you doing"

This fucking line. I'd expect such shit taste from a teenager, most of whom generally just watch or listen to whatever MTV is currently advertising and who are ignorant of anything older than them, but not from a grown man. He sounds like someone who's film exposure's composed from MCU flicks.

His critique of MoS was also a vaguely worded mess, that displayed little nuance or any indication that he was articulating his own opinion. It's rare to find an MoS-hater who sounds as if they carefully thought things out on their own.
>>
In all honesty, what is there to spoil?

The trailers showed off every surprise the movie might have had.
>>
>>80870921
What I expected, really. The problem comes from Snyder, I think. Looking at it, he doesn't really know how to direct his actors. From what I've seen, every shot of the actors speaking to each other is flat, the lines (sans Affleck) delivered either too stiltily, or too fast, making the whole thing seem like the plot is just an excuse to get to the action setpieces.
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 256x312) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 256x312
>>80870938
>MoS-hater
>>
>>80870938
>It's rare to find an MoS-hater who sounds as if they carefully thought things out on their own.
You realize most people didn't really think that movie was very good, right? It's delusional to assume that everyone who says they don't like it are just dumb and are repeating what they're told.
>>
>>80870938
Anon, the reasons why its bad have throughly discussed for the last three years

What is it about Snyder/MoSfags that they just disregard EVERYTHING
>>
>>80870966
oh and you know this because you've seen the film right?
>>
>>80870938

Wait what? Movies can be longer than 2 hours and still be loved by people. Lord of the Rings franchise? Harry Potter? Fucking Titanic?
>>
File: 1.jpg (50 KB, 768x590) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
50 KB, 768x590
>>80870855
>>
>>80871240
>ever caring about rob fucking liefeld
why would you even look at his twitter?
>>
>>80871210
yes
>>
>>80871108
>Grim dark
>GRIM DARK

Can you read? Fucking retard.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 768x654) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 768x654
>>80871261

Edward Douglas (Comingsoon) 10/10

Carrie Keegan (Reviewer on CriticsChoice)- 4/4

Krystal Bianca (Critic)"HOT DAMNN! Just watched Batman v Superman, mind effing blown, amazing movie,"
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 540x304
>>80871203
MoS fanboys have a persecution complex because the last string of DC movies have ranged from mediocre to downright bad.

They desperately want BvS to be good and will cling to whatever shred of hope that makes it seem like it will be. But at the end of the day, they're still getting a movie directed by Zack Snyder.
>>
Just to compare, how were the early buzz and first reactions from MOS?
>>
>>80871277
>if you hated Man of Steel and the whole grim/dark thing
>Man of steel and
>AND
can you?

And that last line basically guarantees /co/'s going to be divided again too
>>
>>80871359
>Edward Douglas (Comingsoon) 10/10
>He doesn't know

>>80870855
>>
File: found in EVERY mos thread.png (363 KB, 1520x460) Image search: [Google]
found in EVERY mos thread.png
363 KB, 1520x460
>>80871203
Seems like most of them just mindlessly post RT scores. Maybe the occasional, literal meme, and then there's a very, very small minority who do more than parrot stuff.
>>
>>80871359
>Edward Douglas (Comingsoon) 10/10

Dude, >>80870855

https://twitter.com/EDouglasWW/status/710854451796508672
>>
>>80870639
That's not what he said. He actually said if you had problems with MoS then this will probably redeem them. But if you just don't like the dark tone in general it's probably not for you.
>>
>>80871407
The multi-billion dollar grossing, critically acclaimed Dark Knight trilogy doesn't count because it's not a "cinematic universe".
>>
>>80870855
You people are morons. He was joking around because he got hit by the embargo hammer and was told to take it down so he tried to play it off as a joke that went over everyone's heads. Literal autism from /co/.
>>
File: 1.jpg (915 KB, 1278x3398) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
915 KB, 1278x3398
Team superman or team batman?
>>
>>80871574
You keep believing that.
>>
>>80871453
Because people don't want to keep writing essays about why the movie fell flat on a number of levels after 3 goddamn years. Everything that there is to say has been said, but for some reason unless you write a full review with citations, you get accused of just being an idiot who hates it for no reason "except that it's a meme."
>>
>>80869928
You guys are so fucking stupid sometimes. There are people who are going to DISLIKE the movie. Let them dislike whatever they want. I fucking hated AoU but who the fuck cares about my opinion? Like what you like you autistic fucks.
>>
>>80871108
he literally cleared up what he meant in another tweet and talks about how even if u didnt like MoS BvS is still great. dude u replied to before is right
>>
>>80871608
what are you doing? this is a BvS bashing thread no one here is actually interested in the movie
>>
>>80871453
>Seems like most of them just mindlessly post RT scores

Even if that was true (it's fucking not) then Snyder-drones are at fault too for authomatically dismissing the critics

Seriously, a couple of days ago (or was it yesterday?) in a thread a guy kept repeating that all the reviews were just a big "it's not muh Donner so it's shit", so i got curious and read some of the supposedly too biased reviews mentioned, the result was that none of them mentioned Donner, nor they said the only reason the movie's bad is because it's serious-toned
The anon's response was "well, of course they wouldn't say it openly!" and instead of continuing the discussion he went away because "i don't have to explain this to you!" or something along that line

They're so eager to paint the press as devils that will do anything to insult DC and yet at the slightest sign of approval for BvS they go "see? The critics like it! Haterz btfo!!!"
>>
>>80871723
Snyderdrones don't base their entire opinion of a film, video game, or anime, that they have already seen, off of an RT or IGN score.
>>
>>80871770
Well Barbara was practically a vegetable after The Killing Joke so she'd be perfect.
>>
>>80871656
/co/ isn't capable of forming their own opinions on things
>>
>>80871779
I don't either, for fuck's sake, RT scores aren't even about quality, i'm baffled about how often they're used for the wrong reasons
>>
File: 1.jpg (10 KB, 480x167) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10 KB, 480x167
And who are these four people riding horses? Darkseid related?
>>
>>80871823
Can't see shit captain, could be anything
>>
File: Based Snyder.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Based Snyder.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>Snyder confirmed the Knightmare sequence was shot entirely in IMAX, and once the fight begins, it is one continuous take
>>
>>80871453
Thats the problem, you assume people are parroting things when they are actual obvious flaws

And personally I can't even tell you the amount of times I've exactly explained why its a poorly constructed movie, note movie not adaptation, and someone just responds with Donnerfag, MCuck or shitposter.
>>
>>80869455
Is that the ruins of Metropolis after the last movie, or some other shitty place?

If it's Metropolis that's either "an ancient evil has awakened" or "look what kooky scheme Lex is cooking up now".

Also because these threads are filled with pedants and pedantry, you should probably be made aware that that's either the Darkseid symbol or the Omega symbol (which is what it is in reality, and, we have to assume, in that other world where these movies take place, otherwise large clumps of our formative history, literature and even alphabets can't have happened the same way, leading to a very different world indeed). Saying "the Darkseid Omega symbol" is redundant; but then you likely call them "panda bears" as well, you fucking inbreed.
>>
>>80869928
Isnt this is the Meet the Jewvie Press that hosted Drew McWeeny to tlak about his BvS is shit Justice League will be delayed 'rumors'?
>>
>>80872057
Anon, stop trying to make fetch happen, its not going to happen.
>>
>>80872039
No, it was hitfix
>>
>>80872185
that's an incredibly specific sentence/phrase to only be you twice, but okay
>>
>>80869455
>>80870055

I keep thinking about how anticipated the prequels were and how watching people's expectations, which were impossible to live up to, get broken down was so hilarious

they're not even bad movies but every armchair critic likes to rag on them because they're so divisive; but even though they sold pretty well, they weren't huge like Avengers for the most part, and nothing like that latest gross for the series

it doesn't matter - really, at all, one bit - how good these movies are, or how much money they make, it only matters how they're received and as this one is rapidly turning out and the previous showed, you cannot make a Superman or Batman movie any more without attracting huge criticism just for doing something different

i'm not even defending that last thing they crapped out or projecting that this one will be good or bad - it just doesn't matter; it's over, there's nothing left to win

from here on out it's just paychecks
>>
>>80872302
it's not specific, it's just a phrase that's catching on like MCUck and DCuck or Dkeks did.
>>
>>80871926
>MAN OF MURDER
>MAN OF DESTRUCTION
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON

Are posts in which there is so little original thought that the contributor didn't even word anything uniquely. And this is ignoring RT posting. If you're amongst the few who do otherwise, then I'm not going to dismiss in your opinion, but please understand that you're amongst a sea of this shit.

Destruction posting tends to be particularly bad, though, since basic facts you'd get from watching the movie yourself are often mangled (it raises red flags when someone says that "Superman destroyed Metropolis" because someone who watched the film would know about the world engine). The other two are "not muh" but at least the sentiment is unique to the poster.
>>
>>80872482
You forgot to post a Man of Steel Myths link, bro
>>
>>80872482
I'm not one of those that had a problem with Supes killing Zod in idea and I recognize the destruction was done in a realistic way so I can understand that.

But I have no idea how any one can possibly defend the hurricane scene.

And 2bh my problems with MoS are mostly based on the script as a whole and the editing which in turn greatly effected the tone.
>>
I think Warner is going to pay a lot of reviews for this, this movie is too important for them and there's a lot of pressure, they really need good reviews for this
>>
>>80872690
>they really need good reviews for this
Not really. If they cared that much, they would have gotten rid of Snyder who historically has had a pretty poor to mixed critical reception.

This is a movie where Batman fights Superman. Its the safest idea WB could come up with short of Batman fights Harry Potter.
>>
>>80872611
I'm not a fan of the tornado scene, and would have preferred that Johnathon die of natural causes, to further hammer home the point that Superman isn't omnipotent; disregarding whatever else I may think of the film, this is one thing that Superman the Movie did perfectly. But most of the outrage over Pa Kent is a result of "not muh" and expressing this in meme format will never look intelligent.
>>
That's how it starts. The denial, the skepticism. The feeling of imminent dread that turns hype into disappointment.
>>
>>80872732
>But most of the outrage over Pa Kent is a result of "not muh"
Well Pa Kent was a rational human being, and when you make him not that you get retarded shit like the tornado scene.
>>
>>80872780
>95% of online impressions are positive
>>
>>80872732
>expressing this in meme format will never look intelligent.

Now you sound like those SJWs that think 4chan unironically worships Bane. If it's a meme it's not supposed to be serious. I can criticize a movie AND/OR make fun of it, those two don't necessarily have to mix
>>
>>80871899
>Snyder showed Affleck how to do the brutal beat down on the criminals from the trailer
>Personally
>No special effects
>One take
>Five men were sent to the hospital
>>
>>80872809
The real reviews is what really matters
>>
>>80869928

oh boy, it begins, the "professional" internet critics are gonna kill the hype like they did with MoS.
>>
>>80872872
and what do you consider "real reviews?"

>inb4 Rotten tomatoes
>>
File: Sheeeeeeiiiiit.gif (3 MB, 400x279) Image search: [Google]
Sheeeeeeiiiiit.gif
3 MB, 400x279
>>80869928
mfw there was a thread about this that was deleted

mfw the janitors are shills
>>
>>80873009
You don't need to go just to RT, there are more sites
>>
>>80873009
Anything that's not a bunch of tweets?
And RT doesn't make reviews
>>
Ah, the old "only the critics I agree with are relevant" routine.
>>
File: 1452819782376.png (406 KB, 879x514) Image search: [Google]
1452819782376.png
406 KB, 879x514
>>80871823
Took me a while, but I got it now. Clever anon.
>>
>>80873101
This is what you're supposed to do. Find a critic who you know shares your taste and read their reviews (BEFORE seeing a movie or buying a game) to avoid wasting time and money. If they enjoy it, you'll probably enjoy it.

Anyone else is doing it wrong.
>>
>>80871156
>You realize most people didn't really think that movie was very good, right?
No it was split STRAIGHT DOWN the middle of who liked and disliked.
The people it was catering to mostly liked it and the people it was not mostly did not.
Being a decisive film does not equal being a flawed film. (Now it was flawed but the majority of the complaints amd things people railed loudest against were not among them)
>>
>>80871899
Snyder to act in his own movies when? Thatan os biult for a Ted Kord costume if anything.
>>
Saw a commercial with Supes screaming on the floor
Did he get kryponited?
>>
>>80872804
But letting himself die to protect his sons life and the lives of those that would be badly effected by the possible social upheavals in the wake of his reveal are rational.
>>
>>80873209
Or, you can be like a normal, non-autistic person who views movies with their friends for the experience as much as the film itself.
>>
>>80873101
>>80873209

well, the bait is here, you sure waited eagerly for your chance to shitpost.
>>
>>80873373
Do you watch every shit movie if one of your friends wants to see it?
>>
>>80873442
>Hey anon, want to go see X tonight?
Eh, I don't really have anything better to do. Why not?

This is how actual people in the real world interact.
>>
>>80873467
Unless you're not a NEET and actually do have something better to do.

Just hang out with your friends while doing stuff you both enjoy, which shouldn't be unusual if, like most people, you actually hang out with people you have things in common with. I wouldn't want to drag someone to an event they clearly hate either or make them watch a movie that they're just going to text through.
>>
>>80873101
whether your on /co/, /tv/ or /v/, its the best way to dispute shit you don't want to hear
>>
>>80869928
>My dad works for nintendo and he told me mario 8 is gonna be the worst

YTF are people are taking this shit seriously
He said he heard from a guy who heard from a guy and they're taking that as fact
>>
>>80871823
>>80873202
What's the joke?
>>
>>80873995
>its not believable that zack synder has made another flat movie despite having a career of making flat movies
>>
>>80873995
most people are just looking for an excuse... wait where have you been the last 3 years? this is nothing new
>>
>>80869928
>>80869501
The reviews ARE incredibly positive. You just posted some random video where people claim to have "heard" that it wasn't good. They didn't even watch it themselves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4ayplg/batman_v_superman_early_impressions_and_buzz/

>inb4 reddit
I couldn't find a better compilation.
>>
>>80873570
Some people can make the effort to try to enjoy what their friends enjoy. And hey, maybe you'll end up liking what you didn't.
>>
>>80874043
Anything is believable if you're willing to believe it.
But the fact is that those guys in that video didn't even watch the movie, and pretty much everyone who watched the movie said it was good.
>>
>>80874138
All the relevant people are also saying "a friend of a friend said it is good"

The people who will most likely criticize the movie, the critics, just like they did with MoS, can't say anything yet because of the embargo.
>>
>>80874226
see
>>80874081
Actual critics
>>
>>80874256
The big names there have just "spoke to someone"
Also, most of those are from the specialized media, which was positive about MoS.
>>
>>80874419
this argument is futile anyway
I want it to be good, you want it to be bad
neither of us can prove anything
>>
>>80874484
I don't want it to be bad
I'm just saying that from both sides it's just rumors and uncertainty yet, and also that the movie critics, not from comic book sites who are all just fanboys with a platform, can't say anything yet/haven't even seen it
>>
>>80874570
k gud
we have both accepted that we know nothing
the only thing we can do is wait
>>
>>80874026
4 horsemen of the ...
Apokolips
>>
>>80874964
Oh, that was a joke. I was looking too deep then.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.