[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are plebs who don't think season 1 Simpsons w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: thosesimpsons.gif (4 MB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
thosesimpsons.gif
4 MB, 243x200
>there are plebs who don't think season 1 Simpsons was some of the GOATest television of all-time

>there are plebs who can't appreciate the Charlie Brown-esque charm, feels, childhood innocence, and comfiness radiating from the episodes

You will never see scenes as intimate or loving as this in animation ever again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp7DLV8i4k
>>
>>80864647
That mouth movement in the video looks worse than most anime and the gif is overanimated to hell. I just hope that whoever animated the gif got a job in Disney or someplace that deserves talent like that.
>>
>>80864772
He later got a job on Sonic AoSTH
>>
>>80864647
I like the strong cynism of the first seasons.

the weird things on season 1 are drunken marge, Homer who complains about his family and that episode where he tried to commit suicide.
>>
I liked the scene where they're electrocuting each other with Doctor Marvin Monroe.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKSrBTUgWbo

Butterfinger Era best Era.
>>
Season 1 is good.

But season 2 makes it, and the rest of The Simpsons, look like shit by comparison.

Best season 1 scene is when Homer's elderly neighbors see that he's going to commit suicide and laugh at his pathetic ass.
>>
>>80864772
>overanimated
Complete fucking pleb detected.
Go back to /a/ and jerk off to your 12 fps mouthflapping moeblobs
>>
>>80864772
>overanimated
Literally what
>>
>>80867122
I agree with him. It's similar to when a musical score draws attention to itself or when colors are too loud. Exaggerated animation can enhance a scene, but it also feels out of place in the quieter tone of season 1 Simpsons.
>>
>>80867326
>literally the definitive simpsons
>it doesn't fit the tone of the simpsons
And Kirby didn't get the New Gods, right?
>>
Do you think Lisa wants to make Bart be like her? I think she could get tired of his antics and brainwash him.
>>
>>80867376
you should be on the current writers team with ideas like that
>>
>>80864647
Agreed OP.

Simpsons season 1 was comfy as fuck.
>>
File: Gapj0Xo.gif (2 MB, 256x368) Image search: [Google]
Gapj0Xo.gif
2 MB, 256x368
>>80864772
Don't worry, they fix their mistakes later.

Maybe you should stick to the new Simpsons if you feel over stimulated.
>>
>>80864647
Golden age Simpsons starts at season 2 and ends with season 8, pleb.
>>
>>80870211
No, see this is a good use of exaggerated movement. It fits the frantic pace of the theme song. Having loud, overblown movements during a comparatively quiet scene is just awkward.

Like how funny sound effects can add punch to a scene, but using them constantly results in the Johnny Test whipcrack.
>>
>>80864772

>overanimated

fucking what
>>
>>80867376
>Lisa Sissifies Bart
>>
>>80864647
this scene gets posted all the time but where is it with sound?
>>
File: nipple stapler.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
nipple stapler.webm
2 MB, 640x360
I'm not going to argue about overanimated/underanimated/whatever, but the early Simpsons episodes were actually about a pretty typical dysfunctional poor American family, with wacky hijinks.

Now it's these five aliens who have nothing to do with humanity that do WAA-AA-AA-AACKY things and occasionally spout a lesson-of-the-day. It's a cold, heartless show, and it was definitely more entertaining when it was about semi-real people.
>>
>>80873841
>>80869782
Damn, at least bump the thread with actual posts instead of wasting space like that.
>>
File: Bart girlfriends.jpg (228 KB, 1254x1262) Image search: [Google]
Bart girlfriends.jpg
228 KB, 1254x1262
How does a 10 year old get this much pussy?
>>
>>80864772
One reason for the switch to Film-Roman was that K-C overdid everything and made the show's production budget run too high.
>>
So we all have our favorite Very Special Guest Star performances from throughout the series, but what are some of the worst? I mean solely in terms of voice acting. Are there any that especially make you cringe?

The first one that comes to mind that really makes me want to pull my hair out is D'Arcy Wretzky in Homerpalooza. It's some of the worst acting I can think of in the history of the show. It sounds like she's being forced against her will to read the script (which knowing Billy Corgan she may very well have been) and I have to wonder what the takes they didn't use sounded like, assuming they got more than one out of her.

How about the rest of you?
>>
>>80874030
Elon Musk and that bitch who voiced Milhouse's cousin.
>>
>>80874030
Sacha Baron Cohen. Dear god. Not only was his performance in The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed horrible beyond belief, you couldn't even understand what he was saying half the time.
>>
>>80874030
Ted Nugent playing himself in Politically Inept With Homer Simpson.
>>
Dunno if he gave a bad performance per se, but Jack Lalanne was the most pointless guest star ever. They did nothing funny or interesting with him.
>>
>>80864772
You got your wish, they sent that original take back to Korea because it looked too cartoony ie too animated. "Animation shouldn't distract from the jokes", and all that. The tradition continues to this day.
>>
>>80865943
>1:37
They were shilling before the show even started? Impressive.
>>
>>80874079
I also agree about Elon Musk. That episode proved he can't voice act at all as he has absolutely no range or emotion whatsoever and he sounded monotone through the entire thing. Whatever else you can say about Lisa Goes Gaga, at least Lady Gaga somewhat tried to voice act and although the jokes were all terrible, she attempted to deliver them in a convincing fashion.

Other than that, I find that most of the guest stars who voice Bart gfs are terrible and completely generic. Anne Hathaway being my favorite example. She wasn't _awful_, but her voice was so generic that any one of a dozen other actresses could have voiced Jenny and it would be exactly the same. I don't hate the episode and think it was one of the better of its season, but Jenny was an utterly uninteresting character.

Although nothing could be as bad as Zooey Deschanel. I like her as an actress, but her performance on the Simpsons was atrocious. She essentially just used her normal voice with a bad drawl, so it's still obvious who was doing the voice and she was one of the most annoying guest stars ever, even worse in the bits with Mary singing (god, my ears). Admittedly she was okay in Apocalypse Cow, but the other two Mary Spuckler episodes were like nails on a chalkboard.
>>
>actually watching Zombie Simpsons
>actually knowing about characters and guest stars in Zombie Simpsons
I seriously hope...
>>
The Wikileaks guy.
>>
REM were absolutely terrible at voice acting.

"Mmmmmmm....curds..."
>>
>>80874957
To be fair to him, he had to say that line over the telephone from the embassy...
>>
>>80874859
There'll never be a Bart gf as well-voiced as Jessica Lovejoy. Meryl Streep was god-level not least because she actually tried to voice act (Jessica sounds nothing like her normal voice) Granted, she sounded more like a 25 year old stripper than a 10 year old girl, but it fit the character so perfectly that I couldn't imagine her sounding different.
>>
>>80874030
What about Ronaldo Nazario? He could hardly speak english and was voicing it out phonetically. I think there were some other sports people that voiced themselves that did terrible jobs, like Yao Ming and Peyton Manning.
>>
>>80864772
Question, why they never outsourced the simpsons to japanese animators?

you imagine like that would have been

NO, i am not "that guy"
>>
>>80873957

By having over a decade of being 10 to accumulate it.
>>
"Yoink! I'm Andre Agassi!" (leaves)
Some of Yao Ming's and Lady Gaga's line readings were pretty bad too.
>>
>>80875095
Oh god, he was bad. To be fair, him and Yao aren't native English speakers, but Peyton Manning...
>>
>>80875136
It would have looked like the video OP posted. Not enough in-betweens for open and closed mouths.
>>
>>80875150
Maybe each Simpsons season is its own universe and their world shifts slightly every year.

Obviously some past events are referenced from season to season, but that doesn't mean they happened the same way in each universe.
>>
Tommy Ramone - "Hey, I think they liked us."
>>
>>80874030
Bob Hope was pretty bad, but the poor bastard was like 90 years old and could barely see by that point to read a script.
>>
>>80875286
I thought the lameness was kind of appropriate for that scene.
>>
Stay on topic, this is about season 1's charm, not shitty guest stars
>>
>>80875904
I didn't want to clutter the board with unnecessary Simpsons threads.
>>
I wasn't aware people considered season 1 shit.
>>
>>80875960
Most people are sadistic automatons that only care about Laughs Per Minutte

>>80875937
there's always >>>/tv/, they like Simpsons threads
>>
>>80876028
OP was a little tryhard and meme-spammy anyway.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.