[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THOR: RAGNAROK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: Ragnarok.jpg (520 KB, 1750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok.jpg
520 KB, 1750x1000
Round-up of all recent leaks that didn't get much attention on /co/. I particularly think the movie sounds pretty good.

Thor returns to Asgard to find out more about the Infinity Stones, and learns Loki has usurped the throne and has joined forces with Hela to unleash the Ragnarok. He tries to stop them, but is defeated, the Mjolnir is destroyed, and he is banished to a faraway world, where he's forced to become a gladiator in an area filled with alien warriors.

Thor finds out the Hulk is the champion of the area, having left Earth after the events of "Age of Ultron", and has managed not to revert to Bruce Banner for two years, but now traces of Banner's personality are coming through, so Hulk is more intelligent.

Thor and Hulk join forces to break out of the arena and embark on a journey through the Nine Realms to find an artifact that can prevent the Ragnarok. Meanwhile, Heimdall is killed, and Thor eventually learns Loki couldn't bring himself to kill Odin and banished him to Earth, where Odin leaves as a vagrant whose warnings of the impending doomsday are ignored.

In the end, Thor rallies the fallen warriors of Valhalla and leads them in battle against Hela and her army fot he undead, aided by the Hulk.
>>
>>80845591
Also, Jane Foster, Darcy Lewis and Erik Selvig don't appear at all, while Lady Sif gets a larger role. No word on the Warriors Three.
>>
>>80845591
Regardless of anything else, Thor and Hulk being gladiator bros sounds like it'll be awesome as fuck.
>>
>no Earth shit
>no more Jane & co
I want to believe.
>>
>>80845591
Chris Hemsworth is a garbage actor

so fucking wooden
>>
Didn't they say that Hulk's jet crash landed on some island at the end of AoE? How the fuck did he get to an alien planet? Did the thing have a secret hyperdrive that no one knew about?
>>
>>80845660
Well, there's a little bit of Earth since that's where Odin is.

Could be a pretty solid scene if Thor arrives and learns about Civil War what's become of the Avengers while he was gone.
>>
>>80845591

I'd believe this if not for

>Thor finds out the Hulk is the champion of the area, having left Earth after the events of "Age of Ultron"

He couldn't have left of his own accord. Either he was abducted or some shit. I know Hulk is supposed to be in the movie and all. But they can't just be all, 'hulk's on an another planet for no reasonlol'. I suspect Thor will bring him to Asgard for aid since the Avengers are in their own shit.

Soo, yeah. I call bullshit on everything OP said.

Sage.
>>
>"We're not going to do Planet Hulk!"
>Does Planet Hulk in the middle of Thor 3.
>>
>>80845714
Nick Fury said they found the remains of an aircraft in the ocean, but no traces of the Hulk, so who knows.

Though there is a rumor Loki has also exiled the Hulk to the gladiator planet, because he's still salty over the "Puny God" incident.
>>
>>80845591
>Mjolnir being destroyed before cap lifts it
TRIGGERED
>>
>>80845708
He makes me so fucking wooden, if you know what I mean.

(I mean my penis becomes erect. That's the thing that I mean.)
>>
>>80845729
>Annoucing your sage

GTFO
>>
>>80845758
They can't do solo Hulk movies because of the distribution rights issue with Universal.
>>
It's still MCU Thor and Hemsworth is still playing him so I couldn't give less of a fuck. At this point, the character is completely salvageable.
>>
i've literally read better fanfic than this.
>>
>>80845827
>They can't do solo Hulk movies

I thought they just didn't want to since the last Hulk film didn't do well.
>>
>>80845591
Stop with this Planet Hulk bullshit. Marvel themselves made it clear it's not going to happen.

Fucking /co/
>>
>>80845625
Sweet, there might be hope for this movie to be great.
>>
>>80845838
>At this point, the character is completely salvageable.

So you're saying it's possible.
>>
>>80845838
>>80846819
Fuck my life, I meant to say unsalvageable.
>>
>>80845591
I don't exactly buy it beacause of the 'hulk just hops in a spaceship and pops off earth somehow' but if this is the plot id be super happy.

Though im not so keen on a thor movie with no hammer again. I hope that is minimal or he gets his axe Jarnbjorn and goes full on shirtless red poncho thor.

thatd be pretty cool.
>>
Sounds like bullshit. I mean, you nerds have been clamoring for Planet Hulk forever, and suddenly Thor's film gets hijacked by it?

And we know the plot of Thor 3 ahead of Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and the new Spider-Man?

I'm not buying it.
>>
Fuck most of you, I'm all for this part adoption of Planet Hulk.
>>
>>80846936
they've said for a while they'd love to do Hulk movies if the rights contract allowed it
and it would explain why the fuck Hulk is in the movie at all
>>
>>80846926
>hulk just hops in a spaceship and pops off earth somehow'
It wasn't even a spaceship. It was a quinjet. That's the part that I can't get over. The Hulk flew away on a quinjet. How does he go into space? Having the jets from Avengers 1 just suddenly go into outer space and somehow go far enough to go to other planets is way too much of a stretch for me. If SHIELD had that tech, how come MCU Earth still hasn't made formal contact with aliens yet if their fucking jets can reach other planets?!
>>
>>80846945
>Third arc is about World War Hulk in Asgard.
>>
>>80845591
Ok so what's Thor's new weapon for the IW?
>>
>>80847040
Actually they mention they found the quinject in some ocean. I would assume he got to space by some other means. Fuck if I know what those would be though.
>>
There's no way a Quinjet can get out of Earth without Nick Fury knowing, let alone reach some backwater shithole planet to be a gladiator.

Loki sends him there.

Odin on earth is fucking stupid Loki already knows what Earth can do no matter if Odin now looks like a bum, Thor lived there, Jane met him.

>Pushing Axe Odinson because of Whor
Fuck you
>>
>>80847040
This. This movie seems like a clusterfuck. How is Hulk helping Thor? Thor just sees that Bruce isn't involved with CW so that's why he only asks him?
>>
>>80845660
Too bad, you'll get your romance and you'll like it.

People love Natalie Portman, so fucking deal with it.
>>
>>80847147
Because that's the biggest hurtle bothering me. How did Hulk just go to another civilization when Earth still seems so far away from every other space shit out there.
>>
File: 1451952389961.jpg (110 KB, 499x489) Image search: [Google]
1451952389961.jpg
110 KB, 499x489
>>80847173
>Hammer breaks on an Earth battle
>Post credits shows Jane picking up the pieces
>>
I'd be amazed if these spoilers were true and Beta Ray Bill didn't turn up somewhere in the movie.
>>
>>80845591
say what you will but the Thor movies are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Quite easily the worst Marvel movies in the MCU but still I like em for some reason.
>>
>>80847230
In the scene introducing Hulk as a gladiator he's fighting a bunch of faggots and BBR is among them.
My dad works at Kevin Feige.
>>
>>80847164
>Pushing Axe Odinson because of Whor
When Thor's actor retires, Whor is a very real possibility for a replacement.

Hell, Movie Whor might be the best thing that could happen to the character. The movies would probably rework her character into something that makes some amount of sense, which would then have a high chance of getting carried over to the comics.
>>
>>80845591
Noice.
>>
>>80847170
It is likely theyll be gone before the CW shit chronologically starts.
>>
>>80847197
he jumped. Really fucking far
>>
File: follow your dreams.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
follow your dreams.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>>80847449
>movie starts with Hulk backstroking through space with the planet coming into view way the fuck off
>>
>>80847197
Loki abducted him?
>>
>>80847230
>post credits scene of Thor asking Eitri for a favor
>cut to BRB opening a silly-looking gift box with a thank you card containing Stormbreaker
>>
>>80847523
could be Loki, could be Thanatos for shits and giggles, could be Shield just installed some very good fucking ejector seats on the Avengers quinjet.
>>
File: taika.jpg (96 KB, 595x324) Image search: [Google]
taika.jpg
96 KB, 595x324
>ctrl+f
>0 results for director
>0 results for Waititi
>0 results for boy
>0 results for what we do in the shadows

For any people worrying: watch 'Boy' and/or 'What We Do in the Shadows'. The director is seriously fucking great. Even if this shit turns out to be a full blown musical, it'll be great.

They already said that there's little Earth and the heroes are going to go on wacky adventures in space, literally the one thing that Thor is great for, and has been sorely missed.
>>
>>80846091
>I thought they just didn't want to since the last Hulk film didn't do well.
You thought wrong, if they want to do a solo Hulk it would have to be distributed by Universal. If Hulk is in a team up Disney could put it out. Basically solo Hulk means share the profits.
>>
>>80847744
I liked What We Do in The Shadows. Very good humor, made you give a shit about the vampires just hanging out.
>>
>>80845729
Fuck you newfags make this place so shitty.
>>
>>80847820
I wonder how it stands on Abomination and Leader and for that matter Betty?

If nothing else Thunderbolt Ross is back.
>>
>>80847839
>wahhhhhhhhhh!
>>
>>80847822
Yeah, and it has that thing that the Russos do in Arrested Development where you see the setup to the jokes but can't quite figure out what the punchline will be, so it hits you with a surprise that makes it that much funnier. Unlike Joss Whedon where you can see the joke coming a mile away and he even does dramatic pauses for the non-existent applause.

'Boy' is very cool, very bittersweet little movie about a kid looking up to his deadbeat dad and getting disappointed at each turn.

It's basically that sweet and innocent intro to beasts of no nation until war reaches the village.

Also has a couple of Hulk name-drops.

It's on American Netflix, I think.
>>
>>80845591
>Thor finds out the Hulk is the champion of the area, having left Earth after the events of "Age of Ultron"

Holy fuck this better get a better explanation because this is the most contrived ridiculous shit I've ever heard.
>>
>>80847974
It's just planet hulk speculation. He's more likely to find Jane/Stellar Skateboard/Odin and ask them to open him a portal cause he's tired of being a risk.

Either that or Thor just goes 'fuck it, I need backup'.
>>
The movie ends with Thor dying, and Odin saying something cryptic and stories and new beginnings. After Credits scene is of Donald Blake falling into a cavern and finding the walking stick.
>>
sounds gnarly
>>
>>80848048

You forgot about Thanos going to the fridge and saying something vaguely cryptic about THE TIME IS NOW
>>
>>80848123
Thanos is now john cena?
>>
>>80848286
well its very likely Thanos is gonna nosell every move by everyone when they do meet him...AT SUPERRRRSLAAAAMMMM!
>>
>>80847820
>Basically solo Hulk means share the profits.

You mean like what they're doing with Spiderman, only with Sony?
>>
>>80845708
I liked him in Rush
>>
>>80845660
No puny banner as well
>>
>>80848406
Chances are it boils down to the way the contracts are set up.

Think the way the solo Hulk joint venture movie(s) between Disney and Universal basically amounted to Universal getting a sizable portion of the profits to the point where it turned Disney off.

Also probably helps that Universal likely had more leverage at the discussion table since Marvel/Disney desperately wanted Hulk in the MCU whereas Sony with Spiderman it was more a while it'd be nice if Spiderman is brought in we're in no hurry since sony is likely to shit the bed moreso with the IP than they already have and we'll eventually get it back FOR FREE
>>
File: marvel (1).jpg (68 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
marvel (1).jpg
68 KB, 620x320
>yfw the Black panther movie would be better than the entire 3 thor movies combined

BLACK POWER!!!!
>>
File: 1457768728591.gif (2 MB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1457768728591.gif
2 MB, 500x450
>>80845625
>Jane Foster, Darcy Lewis and Erik Selvig don't appear at all
>>
>>80847449
That's some jump, Anon. How far away is the nearest solar system to ousr, Something like 3-4 lightyears?
>>
>>80845591
"So how do we make the new Thor movie not suck?"

"Make it a Hulk movie."

"Brilliant!"
>>
>>80848986
he could have theoretically picked up speed by using his gamma empowered farts
>>
>>80848048
Naw dog, it's 2016. A trans-woman of color is gonna pick up the hammer.
>>
>>80849053
Let's assume that explanation. In order to go that distance in a year he would be 4 times faster than the speed of light.

And that's just if he wants to go to our next door neighbor. A portal of some kind would be much more plausible.
>>
>>80849270
yes but hulk traveling the universe at the speed of fart is just so much more entertaining.

>be on the late night shift of a starship
>only person on the bridge
>see an object approaching at plaid speed
>at the object comes closer into view you notice its a very large green humanoid with a strained raging/screaming face and a green particle trail behind it
>it narrowly avoids hitting the ship and passes you
>as you watch it pass you by you notice the particle trail is coming out of a hole in its pants constantly and consistently
>no one will ever believe you if you were to report that
>hull of ship becomes heavily radiated by passing through Hulks green particle fart trail
>>
>>80849456
At that speed I don't know what would happen, but the bridge dude almost certainly wouldn't be able to see the Hulk coming.
>>
>>80849456
I want to see this drawn, wheres Stokoe when you need him
>>
>>80845591

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Also more Sif, yes!
>>
>>80847370

God yes, less 'muh feminism' and more an actual character.
>>
>>80848406
With the Spidey film Marvel is getting 100% the box office, in exchange, Sony is getting 100% of merchandise. They've already negotiated.
>>
>>80845591
>managed to stay the Hulk for two years
Please be true I do not want to see Mark Ruffalo at all.
>>
>>80845591
bullshit.
>>
>>80850400
Given how he seems to be a preachy feminist, I'd say that a lot of the cast would probably agree with that sentiment.
>>
File: madrox.jpg (106 KB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
madrox.jpg
106 KB, 293x289
I just want Hulk to talk. He's just been a big CGI thing that roars so far. He's not even a real character, he's a set piece. Why would he say "puny god" and then never say anything ever again? It's stupid. All you have to do is throw in some "HULK SMASH METAL MAN" during his fight with Ultron and shit like that.
>>
>>80850521

Fight with Iron Man, I mean. But I guess that works for Ultron, too.
>>
>>80847100
Jarnbjorn, I'm guessing.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.