[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What lies in Cassandra Cain's future now that her re-introduction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
What lies in Cassandra Cain's future now that her re-introduction in Eternal was such a disastrous botch of a catastrofuck?

We can probably guess she's not going back into the limbo because Geoff Johns specifically namedropped her in one of the Rebirth interviews. But what then?
>>
Probably just throw her in Birds of Prey with the other streetlevel chicks
>>
>>80840570
All street girls are gonna be Babs' sidekicks in that book.
>>
File: glorious rebirth.jpg (2 MB, 1990x1528) Image search: [Google]
glorious rebirth.jpg
2 MB, 1990x1528
B&RE in a nutshell.
>>
>>80842331
Can somebody kill Harper?
>>
>>80840720
I unironically love this idea.
>>
>>80840720

They should just call the comic Street Girls and turn them all into prostitutes.

Couldn't be worse than what they've already done.
>>
>>80842710
>>80840720
Kinda like Babs in Future's End? Remember how she got super huge and too Venom and beat up Bane except she didn't really take the Venom?
>>
>>80843093

That was a fantastic example of how Gail Simone went fucking insane at some point between BoP and Flashpoint.
>>
They can just ignore it if they want. I mean they are pretty much ignoring what they did with Donna in Wonder Woman for Titans Hunt.
>>
>>80840527
Same thing that lies in her past. Being hypercompetent woobie waifu nerdbait.
>>
>>80843339

She hasn't been hypercompetent in BRE. Or even regular-competent. She's actually been kind of garbage from second issue onwards. It's like the writers immediately stopped trying.
>>
>>80842331
I actually really those baggy pants. It just feels so practical without being tacticool. I dunno. Are there any more examples of this?
>>
>>80843675

Every ninja comic and manga ever.
>>
>>80840527

Wait, what happened exactly? I haven't been able to catch up on eternal yet.
>>
>>80843836
>Wait, what happened exactly?

Turns out Cassandra was only brought in to be a prop for Harper Row's story, first figuratively and now literally.
>>
>>80843093
>Muscle Babs

...I need pictures....for proof.
>>
File: simonecantwriteforshit.jpg (543 KB, 1041x1600) Image search: [Google]
simonecantwriteforshit.jpg
543 KB, 1041x1600
>>80843981
here you go
>>
>>80843919

How does that even work, or is her orgin completely different?
>>
>>80843579

What drives me insane is how shitty her fights are. What's the one thing casuals are most likely to know about Cass? That she's super good at fighting. That's the easy thing to point to. Well, you'd never fucking tell by looking at this comic. After she runs around Dick in the first issue, she completely forgets how to beat ass, then soon stops even trying. She does not take part in any fights after like the halfway point of the series, and doesn't win any after issue two or so. And now she's a pinata.

That's how you know these writers aren't even mediocre at their jobs, they're just outright incompetent. Mediocre writers would have at least mustered a cool fight scene or two for her in a 26-fucking-issue series.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 600x596
>>80843981
Also, where was Muscle Harley from?
>>
>>80844289
>is her origin completely different?

Yes. It's been completely retconned to be something else entirely. Nu52 Cassandra is tied to Harper Row and the villain of the story, "Mother". David Cain still exists, but now he's just one of Mother's henchmen and slavishly devoted to her to the point that he doesn't seem to have any thoughts of his own. Cassandra's first kill was Harper's mother, in a much, much shittier and lamer version of the original murder. For the whole comic Cass has been practically handcuffed to Harper, and all the drama is about whether Harper will forgive her or not (she will).

It's absolute shit.
>>
>>80844504

Thanks, guess I'm skipping this.
>>
>>80844628

If you're a Cassandra Cain fan, B&RE will only make you angry. It's not quite as bad as Beechen, but it sure fucking tries.
>>
>>80844685
Back to reading her old on-going I guess
>>
>>80844504
>>80844685
Honestly it's a lot easier for me to just pretend that her pre-Flashpoint origin is still true but she just went straight to [insert whatever her hero name will be] instead of Batgirl.
>>
>>80842528
the real question is, can someone possibly even touch Harper? and i'm not talking about Batman and Robin eternal Harper. Hell, i'm not even talking about new 52 batman Harper...
>>
File: robin wat.jpg (64 KB, 452x472) Image search: [Google]
robin wat.jpg
64 KB, 452x472
>>80844504
>>
>>80840527
Who is worse, Harper or Movie!Damian in terms of being shoved down our throats?
>>
File: 1451492497374.jpg (2 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
1451492497374.jpg
2 MB, 3975x3056
It's alright, but it's stuff we've seen before. #13 was the series' highlight it seems, than #1.

I'll take Cass's "new" origin more than Tim or Jason.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.