[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steve Orlando and Doc Shaner join Tom King, Clay Mann, and John
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x385
Steve Orlando and Doc Shaner join Tom King, Clay Mann, and John Timms as DC exclusives
>>
File: Orlando exclusive.png (327 KB, 584x366) Image search: [Google]
Orlando exclusive.png
327 KB, 584x366
>>80835283
>>
>>80835283
>I will never see what Steve Orlando would have brought to Marvel
In the all new all diversity cast it would have been nice to get a single good forced diversity book.
>>
Cool. Now let's see them confirm Dogfucker as exclusive
>>
Clay Mann had better be drawing Dick in the near future.
>>
Exciting!! Glad for some exclusives that i'm hype for
>>
So what are the confirmed exclusive writers/artists DC has?

Seems like they signed a lot of people the past months.
>>
>>80835379
The new ones are in the OP list; I know Giffen signed an exclusive way back that's probably still holding. Unsure who else.
>>
>>80835310
He'd be wasted there, DC did the right thing
>>
Hopefully DC remembers not to treat your writers like shit anymore

Rucka and Lemire will hopefully come back to DC soon.
>>
>>80835421
Pretty sure Gail Simone has one too. Or not anymore?
>>
>>80835421
EVS has been exclusive for a while
>>
>>80835486
She had one for several years, but she hasn't for a while
>>
>>80835485
doesn't matter if they treat them like shit, they signed their lives away now so DC can do whatever it wants.
>>
Full PR:

>>DC ENTERTAINMENT SCORES ANOTHER TALENT TRIFECTA!

>>Writer Steve Orlando, Artists Evan “Doc” Shaner, Jesus Merino Sign Deals with DC Entertainment

>BURBANK, Calif. (March 17, 2016) – DC Entertainment continues to expand its roster of top name talent, announcing today that it has reached agreements with writer Steve Orlando, along with artists Evan “Doc” Shaner and Jesus Merino to create comic book content solely for the publisher’s DC Comics and Vertigo imprints.

>An accomplished comics writer and scripter, Orlando is no stranger to DCE, receiving critical acclaim from certain outlets and a nomination from GLAAD in the “Outstanding Comic Book” category for his run on Midnighter, the first openly gay male character to star in a comic book. Orlando has also contributed to the DC Super Hero universe with writing credits for Justice League: Darkseid War: Shazam!

>“DC Comics is the home to the icons, characters and concepts that form the bedrock of modern mythology, cross boundaries and inspire people,” said Orlando. “I’m incredibly excited to add to this great tradition of storytelling exclusively, a tradition that captured my imagination as a young reader and bring it to a new generation.” “It has been and will continue to be an honor. Anyone who knows me knows comics changed my life, and I’m looking forward to showing fans how comics have impacted me in the stories I’ll be writing.”
>>
>>80835541

>Recently announced as the artist for DCE’s Future Quest title with writer Jeff Parker, Evan “Doc” Shaner is no stranger to DCE either, having provided art for titles like Adventures of Superman, Convergence: Shazam! and Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern. “I’ve always been a fan of Doc’s work,” said Lee. “In reviewing his concepts and character sketches for Future Quest, it reminded me of some of the classic animation and comic artists of the past, like Alex Toth and Milton Caniff. It was a perfect fit for this title, and I can’t wait to see him bring his talents to more DC and Vertigo titles in the future.”

>“DC Comics has a history of creators and characters that I'm very fond of as both a reader and artist, and to be asked to be part of that tradition is an incredible honor for me,” said Shaner. “Superman, Captain Marvel, The Flash, Plastic Man, and so many more-- these are some of my favorite characters of all time. I'm also particularly excited that I get to start my time at DC with reintroducing the Hanna-Barbera heroes featured in Future Quest, which are especially dear to me. This is an amazing opportunity and I'm looking forward to what's to come.”

>Spanish artist Jesus Merino has been creating artwork for DC for the past fifteen years. As a penciller, inker and cover artist, he has worked on such titles as Superman, Justice League: Darkseid War: The Flash, The New 52: Futures End and The Flash, among others and is happy to call DC his exclusive home: “It’s an honor to have such a talent as Jesus on board at DC,” said Lee.
“He does a great job at combining the heroic and inspirational element of the DC mythos with a clean, dynamic and energetic style that really brings out the best in the DC characters!”
>>
>>80835521
So, what does exclusive mean for the creators? Better pay?
>>
>>80835564

>“After working with DC on so many projects, it’s great to call them my home now,” said Merino. I’ve seen a lot of changes over that time, not only in the characters, but in the company as well. With this new arrangement, I feel like the new kid in town all over again.”

>Orlando, Shaner and Merino are the newest names to be added to this roster, following the announcement last month of talent signings for writer Tom King (Grayson, Omega Men, Robin War), Clay Mann (Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death) and John Timms (Harley Quinn).
>>
>>80835485

I don't think they threat them like shit, is just that Marvel offers a lot more shekels.
>>
>>80835585
I believe it means benefits, which is a serious upgrade from the life of a freelancer.
>>
>>80835585
Guaranteed rates, benefits, guaranteed work
>>
>>80835585

Better pay and benefits. Basically you're moving from part-time to full-time.
>>
>>80835293
FUCK YES! SO HYPE!!!
>>
>>80835521
exclusive means you get a higher page rate and have to work for DC exclusively outside of creator owned work.

Other than that nothing changes
Any of them could say screw DC and go focus on creator owned work
>>
>>80835585
Steady pay. And it usually means you can do whatever the fuck you want with indies, but you can't write/draw for other Big 2.
>>
>>80835585
Pretty much.
Better pay, I think deadlines become a bit stricter, maybe editorial gets a little more say in what they do?
Exclusivity usually only extends to one of the big two. That is, these creators can't do stuff for Marvel but they can usually do stuff for 3rd party places like Image, IDW, etc.
>>
>>80835283
>Doc Shaner
Thank you based DC, please put him on a big book
>>
>>80835327
They already did, bruv. He was part of the first batch.
>>
>>80835619
>>80835631
>>80835636
That's nice, while being exclusive is not necessarily good for the readers, I totally get why creators sign them.

Benefits and guaranteed work in the world of comics is a pretty big deal.
>>
>>80835585
It means they are actually employees of the company, and as such get benefits such as guaranteed rates, health care, not being a freelancer, and being able to feed your family.
>>
>>80835668
No they didn't, dogfucker was a bc rumor
>>
>>80835636
it's more like moving from contract freelancing to full-time hourly. an amazing upgrade considering the payrates for creators are pretty low.
>>
>>80835742
What are the usual pay rates?
>>
>>80835666
isn't future quest a big book?
>>
File: shaner-2014.jpg (362 KB, 986x731) Image search: [Google]
shaner-2014.jpg
362 KB, 986x731
based doc shaner
>>
This is fantastic really
>>
Bets of the next exclusives?
>>
>>80835653
>outside of creator owned work.

Actually the recent exclusives have included Vertigo too. That's why they're announced as DCE exclusives and not just DC.
>>
>>80835951
Tom Taylor
Tim Seeley
Maguirite Bennett
Renae De Liz
>>
>>80835486
She did, but I think that ended a while back.

She's doing a lot of non-DC stuff right now.
>>
>>80835998
Pls no Bennett.

They should sign Valentine instead of her.
>>
>>80835824
It is but its not DCU
Didio was able to get a lot of good teams on his pet projject
>>
>>80835998
>LELSORANDUMB Taylor
>[unsolicited opinions] Bennett
For what purpose?
>>
>>80836027
Well she's definitely not working for Marvel any time soon after fighting with Slott on twitter. Or was it Bendis?
>>
>>80835585
Better/steady pay, guaranteed work, and benefits.

Contracts depend on the creator. Like King can't do anything but DC/Vertigo right now, but most are typically "anywhere but dc/marvel".
>>
>>80835769
For pages, indie stuff is around 75 to 125 usd for pencillers/inkers. Marvel goes around for 150/175 for new talents. DC is around 200 usd-ish but royalties/bonuses are so-so in contrast of Marvel.

Goes without saying that stardom/fan following obviously makes a difference on your payrate. A rising talent obviously doesn't have the same pull than a veteran artist.
>>
>>80836099
>fighting with Slott on twitter
Screencaps pls?
>>
>>80836099
She barely worked at marvel before that

She was just kidding with Slott but you never know when that guy will turn into a big baby
>>
>>80836126
Oh man I wish I had them, she destroyed him. It was really funny.
>>
>>80836110
Well according to the press release, Orlando and Shanner are also only allowed to work for DC and Vertigo.

I think the latest exclusives have this new clause that you can only work for DC and if you want to do creator owned stuff you have Vertigo.
>>
>>80836138
shit was gold

>remember when you used to publish the Fantastic Four
>>
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/710520556924305408

>King will never bully you
>>
>>80836213
>Orlando
>DC/Vertigo only

FUCK
With the latest bunch of Vertigo minis reaching their end, I hope this means that Orlando will have a sufficiently gay Vertigo book in the future.
>>
>>80836126
>Besides, @danslott knows full well that Marvel's current reboot will be rebooted somewhere in the middle of the reboot. ALL NEW #1's!
>@GailSimone Well, to be fair, Marvel hasn't really rebooted. Re-NUMBERED, sure. A lot. Re-booted? Not so much. ;-)
>That is an A+ #1 Tweet! Charge an extra dollar!
>Better yet: Polybag it w/ a ring & stick a lenticular cover on it. Just don't leave it in your car on a hot day. ;-)
>Yikes, way to stay current there, Websy.
>Sorry. My memory's longer. Because my universe doesn't keep rebooting.
>In the time it took you to tweet this, Thor has had fifteen first issues!
>In the time it took you to tweet that, After Before Watchmen meets Dark Knight IV got approved.
>Wow, SLAMMO. Good thing Marvel never recycles popular ideas from the pas...oh, wait. EVERYTHING? Never mind!
>Luckily our popular ideas extend BEYOND the 80's. What's next? Before Camelot 300? Killing Joke Strikes Again? ;-)
>I think, of all the fresh new ideas, I like Secret Wars best. No wait! Civil War! No, hang on (INSERT ANCIENT PROPERTY HERE).
>Couldn't read that last tweet over the stacks of 20 different Harley Quinn titles. Is there a DCU outside of Gotham?
>Remember when you guys published the Fantastic Four?

Savage.
>>
>>80836255
>just fuck already, you two
>>
>>80836281
>I think, of all the fresh new ideas, I like Secret Wars best. No wait! Civil War! No, hang on (INSERT ANCIENT PROPERTY HERE).

Absolute destruction.
>>
>>80836281
>real conversations among hacks are much better than their comics
Life is full of ironies.
>>
File: 1454956949348.gif (971 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1454956949348.gif
971 KB, 500x300
>>80836281
>That is an A+ #1 Tweet! Charge an extra dollar!
>>
>>80836099
She was joking around with Slott while ribbing each other

She did kind of had a fight with Bendis like almost a decade ago because she said working with Marvel was like working with a bunch of frat boys and she felt it wasn't a very welcoming environment, Bendis saw her tweet and criticized her for it telling her they always treated her right etc.... But they stayed in good terms in the end.
>>
>>80835310
Which Marvel charcater would you have wanted him to write?
>>
>>80835585
Secure job, if nothing else
>>
>>80836409
>Bendis saw her tweet and criticized her for it telling her they always treated her right
Honestly, that's pretty typical frat boy behaviour.
>>
>>80836255
Why is King so cute, /co?
>>
File: King&Orlando.jpg (118 KB, 610x691) Image search: [Google]
King&Orlando.jpg
118 KB, 610x691
>>80836525
King and Husbando are best
>>
>>80835541
>the first openly gay male character to star in a comic book.
Is this true or just PR shit?
>>
>>80836744
Headlining a Big Two book, yes.

Midnighter had a solo in 2006, but that was under Wildstorm.
>>
>>80835485
I would prefer Lemire not write DC anymore desu. He wrote Animal Man and we all enjoyed it, but that was the totality of his good work.
>>
>>80836806
Come on, what about Green Arrow?
>>
>>80835951
Tynion
>>
>>80836744
The rest were always in team books
>>
>>80836819
Sorrentino made that book. The writing was not good.
>>
>>80835951
Seeley, it would explain why that new Blade series seems to have been quietly swept under the rug.
>>
For the love of all that is holy please let them sign Ming Doyle, Genevieve Valentine and Alex de Campi. (Okay they have to fire that hack editor first to get her but fuck him. It won't be a great loss.)
>>
>>80836744
Northstar's book was just a four issue mini in 1994. IIRC he's actually the first openly gay hero or one of the first because he said he was gay in that.

But Middy is the first to have a full fledged solo under DC or Marvel. His first solo was under Wildstorm and I can't remember if DC owned it then or not. And he does hold the record for most number of solos for a gay character, and will have 32 issues total.
>>
>>80836080
What , you dont want to watch Plasticman Taylor
>>
>>80836875
>Alex de Campi
Fuck off Rich. No one wants to hire your waifu.
>>
>>80836875
They should sign Rossmo too for the artists.

That dude does great work on Constantine.
>>
>>80836875
>Alex de Campi

How about hoping for someone actually good like Cloonan? Though she has so much going on at every company that I don't see it as realistic.
>>
>>80835951
Tynion probably.
And maybe Bennett. Bombshells is basically her highest profile book right now, and Angela and her lesbian insect book are probably cancelled.

Students of Snyder, high probability of being on mid tier double shipping books, capable of writing multiple scripts a month no problem.
>>
>>80836983
With Punisher coming out, there's no way she'll sign a DC exclusive.

Still mad she's not doing the art for the book too.
>>
>>80836983
She's doing Punisher so I doubt it
>>
Valiant signed 15 exclusive artists

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-exclusive-valiant-announces-15-artists-under-exclusive-deals?utm_campaign=c2e2-exclusive-valiant-announces-15-artists-under-exclusive-deal&utm_medium=internal_links&utm_source=breaking_banner
>>
>>80837126
Damn, everyone giving exclusives it seems.
>>
>>80837126
Cafu is the only name there I'm really familiar with. Good to see people getting long term work though.
>>
>>80837189
It's just their stable of artists. I didn't even know they WEREN'T exclusives in the first place.
>>
>still one more week till WonderCon
Goddamn it DC, I want to know creative teams already.
>>
>>80837661
>tfw no solicits or tons of TBAs
>>
>>80837030
Does she even draw anything anymore? Last couple times I saw her name it was as a writer which pisses me off because she is one of my favorite artists
>>
>>80836915
Fuck off and go read Archie vs Predator.

>>80836983
Are you all saying that she's a shit writer now? Really?
>>
>>80837869
She tweets out sketches. I don't know if she wants to do a full book anymore though.
>>
>>80836524
I don't doubt that the Marvel staff their had fratboy days, hell it's known that they used to go to strip clubs and shit, there's even a picture of Joe Quesada with a stripper somewhere in the internet.

They're all married now and have kids and shit now (except Slott) so I guess it's harder to do that shit.
>>
>>80836875
Change De Campi for Cloonan and it's good.
>>
The fact that King and Orlando are being made the new Snyder and Johns of DC makes me feel that DCYou was ultimately worth it.
>>
>>80837957
Thats fucking shitty. Her and Declan Shalvey are the only artists I buy no matter the book/writer.
>>
>>80837957
It's really sad when great artists stop doing interiors. David Aja is also like that, he only does covers nowadays.
>>
>>80838031
>the new Snyder and Johns of DC
That's not what's happening. Because all those two are are the last big name writers at DC.
>>
File: 1453171991654.png (181 KB, 309x323) Image search: [Google]
1453171991654.png
181 KB, 309x323
>tfw Marvel only has the same old hacks when it comes to writing and when they hire new talent, it's bloggers like Kate Leth
Being a Marvelfag is suffering.
>>
>>80838133
Lost all interest in Marvel when Remender left, thanks Secret Wars
>>
>>80838133
>Lobdell
>Tynion
>Jurgens
>Venditti
>Fletcher
>maybe Bennett
>probably Meredith Finch

DC's got plenty of mediocre to shit writers for Rebirth
What's worse is there's only 32 books
>>
>>80838182
Fletcher and Jurgens aren't as bad as the others there. They are safely mediocre.
>>
What's with all the DeCampi hate? Her Grindhouse and Archie vs Predator are great.
>>
>>80838182
Tynion is good on Hellblazer, he should stay on the book.
>>
>>80838182
I'll chop some heads if I got Lobdell on GL and Aquaman.
>>
>>80838182
DC has plenty of mediocre writers, true, but plenty of great writers too, including one of the best writers out there right now

Marvel has...Ewing and G. Willow Wilson sometimes?
>>
>>80838272
Nah, pretty sure he'll stay on Red Hood.
>>
>>80838257
Johns said Tynion was doing something with Batwoman.
>>
>>80838282
I was gonna say Gillen but it's been a few years since Journey Into Mystery.
Don't think he's done anything for them since.
>>
>>80838272
RHATO survived because Jason is Lobdell's containment character.
>>
>>80838162
This. My last book there is Vision and after that I might just go without Marvel
>>
>>80838364
I kinda feel bad for Jason fans, that character should have a good run for once.

Though I don't know if I'd sacrifice another book for that to happen.
>>
>>80836806
are you stupid?
what about sweet tooth? or the nobody?
also GET FUCKED MARVEL
>>
>>80838288
>>80838364
Yeah, I know. Still, dread is there.
>>80838426
Give him Batgirl and Birds of Prey. Fuck Harper Row.
>>
>>80838133
Eh, seeing DC put out some legit great books that then get cancelled because absolutely nobody reads them is plenty depressing too. I mean, how sad is it that two of the best DCYou books were also the lowest selling?
>>
>>80835874
Fucking fantastic.
>>
Seeing threads like these makes me want to pitch stories to marvel and dc someday.How important Is it to be familiar with there stories? I've read a few of each companies comics, but not everything. I usually watch whatever animated series they have put out. So am I familiar with some stories and characters, but not everything.
>>
>>80836255
>King and Orlando are broskis
I didn't ask for this ship, goddammit.
>>
>>80838688
Yeah, but even so I'm still happy we're getting good 12 issue runs of stuff like Omega Men, Gotham by Midnighter, Midnighter, MM and so on. That's still better than nothing and Marvel's been giving me nothing lately, except for Vision.
>>
>>80838837
*Gotham by Midnight
Damnit.
>>
>>80838862
I'd read Gotham by Midnighter too
>>
>>80838803
That's not how it works. They call you when they see your work elsewhere and then ask you to pitch something but you can't just send stuff directly to them unsolicited.

But even just passing familiarity could be ok if you have a good idea or know the right people. Just look at Meredith Finch; she openly admitted that she doesn't know shit about WW but she's been on the book for like 20 issues now.
>>
File: sorlando.jpg (28 KB, 585x131) Image search: [Google]
sorlando.jpg
28 KB, 585x131
Doesn't sound as if he's gonna focus on Midnighter for the time being, though. Not Orlando's fault, as Midnighter clearly doesn't have enough pull to maintain a solo right now despite his great work, but still sad because I love how he fleshed out the character. Oh well. Will be fun to see what he writes next. I would not be against Seelando on Nightwing or something.
>>
>>80838803
Not sure DC/Marvel accept pitches, you actually have to go to cons and make contacts in the business.

If the Big Two set their eyes on you, then they'll ask you to pitch something. It's not that easy to get into the comics business.
>>
>>80838931
I wonder how many people approach them during cons with "Mr. X, I have super-duper idea for Batman, can I show it to you?".
>>
>>80838837
Completely agreed! It's just sad to see those titles not get the love they deserve, but at least the guys at DC know what they have in guys like King and Orlando.
>>
>>80838970
Getting your portfolio looked at is a big part of cons
>>
>>80838837
>>80838862
>Gotham by Midnighter
>Ongoing by Steve Orlando and Ray Fawkes
>Midnighter and Spectre team up book.
Don't know why I want this, but I do.
>>
>>80838803

What >>80838927 said. Big 2 don't accept unsolicited pitches, you already have to have a profile as a writer. King and Valentine are both published novelists, Orlando and Seeley both worked in indie comics, etc.
>>
>>80839023
Seriously? Even if you're literally who?
>>
>>80838927
>>80838931

I am aware that its quite difficult to get into the industry, but i guess if you have talent, and they like your ideas and style. Anything is possible.

Its good to know I don't have to be super familiar. But i guess the more you know the better.
>>
>>80839045
Yep, there's usually a specific place to get your portfolio looked at by editors
>>
>>80838930
I think he'd do great work on a book like Deathstroke or Red Hood, something action-heavy.

Then again, I don't know where I'd put Lobdell if he's not on Red Hood anymore.
>>
>>80839067
Basically tell the stories you want to tell but also work on getting good at networking. If you do both well you will get noticed.
>>
>>80836281
Jesus fuck this is the best writing those two have done this decade
>>
>>80839068
And all this time I thought cons are for cosplay and autographs. You really do learn something new every day.
>>
>>80836213
That's a sensible move for DC if they want to start building Vertigo back up as a brand.
>>
>>80838930
I kinda want to see what he could bring to a GL book
>>
>>80839148
Sheriff of Babylon got bumped up from eight to twelve issues and King confirmed a second season already, so hopefully they are on their way
>>
>>80839079
IDGAF about Deathstroke and want Jason to be written by well for once, so I say contain Lobdell on Deathstroke and let Orlando write Red Hood! That'd be awesome, I agree he'd be great for a book like that.
>>
>>80839143
Whenever Steve Orlando gets asked about career advice he says networking on cons is one of the most important things. Which is kinda bad news for writers not in the US, but still really good to know.
>>
>>80839195
>>80839079
Let's just cut the problem out at the source. Get rid of Lobdell somehow.
>>
>>80839148
Yeah they've tried with new books, but most of them are done by literally whos and new writers.

Twilight Children, Clean Room, and Sheriff of Babylon are basically the only ones to get decent sales and/or more attention. Though with Rob Williams on SS, maybe Unfollow will follow in their footsteps. I'm sure they'd love for those books to get the sales/attention that American Vampire did when Snyder became a more popular writer.
>>
>>80839269
If it were that easy, Bendis would be a distant memory
>>
File: 394Qm3p.gif (327 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
394Qm3p.gif
327 KB, 500x203
>DC exclusive Orlando will probably get to take a shot on Suicide Squad
>Suicide Squad will finally be good again
This one's for Ostrander I know Rob Williams might be good too
>>
>>80839303
Bendis somehow has pull, I won't pretend to understand, but it's there. As far as I'm aware, Lobdell doesn't have something like that. He's just there.
>>
>>80839325
Doesn't he have blackmail on someone and they can't get rid of him or something like that? Or is that Harass?
>>
>>80839291
I think Unfollow sells as well as the ones you mentioned. It got a tv deal if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>80839221
Thanks for shedding some light, anon. I literally know jack shit about cons.
And I agree, it's neat way to get to become writer/artist.
>>
>>80839379
Harass blackmails. Lobdell is friend with forgot who.
>>
>>80838214
Tynion is better than both.
>>
>>80839379
I think that's supposed to be Harass, or that Superman editor. Lobdell is friends with Harass though, I think.
>>
>>80836926
I think he'll do another project for Image next. They should've given him an exclusive though, yeah. Ferreyra confirmed he has something for Rebirth, he should be given an exclusive, great artist with a distinct style and he's fast.
>>
>>80839528
Ah damn, I was hoping he'd stay on Hellblazer Rebirth. Ferreyra would be a great replacement though, his style would be perfect for Constantine.
>>
>>80839888
Ferreyra did the Futures End issue of Constantine and it looked good
>>
>>80839888
Yeah I was hoping they'd keep the Hellblazer team together but with everything getting a new creative team this does not look likely.
>>
>>80839980
It's pretty much the only DC book that I'm reading which will survive Rebirth, so yeah I was hoping that too.

Did Ming Doyle say anything about doing something for Rebirth?
>>
>>80836712
I expect a lot of poking fun of eachother in each of their comics with easter eggs.
>>
>>80835998
>Taylor
Isn't his Wolverine doing pretty well? He might not go exclusive. Seeley will probably go, especially since Blade fell through. DC's almost certainly gunning for Valentine; we'll see how that goes.
>>
>>80839980
Have they said everything is getting a new creative team?
>>
>>80840696
Valentine is doing Xena for Dynamite, these new exclusive contracts seem to only let creators work for DC and Vertigo. She probably won't sign one any time soon.
>>
>>80835327
Dogfucker?
>>
>>80840903
Humphries.
>>
>>80836496
Iceman
>>
>>80836885
Please let DC see this. Taylor on plas would be one of the best options ever.
>>
>>80840796
No but a lot of stuff is confirmed for creative change and since everything is getting renumbered you'd expect new teams. There's still hope they'll stay for Hellblazer Rebirth but I'm not holding my breath.

>>80840696
Valentine is not likely. She seems to do comics part time and since she's doing Xena I don't think she'll d anything else in comics for a while.
>>
>>80837692
One of them is Rob Williams and Jim Lee - they've admitted that they're in suicide squad
>>
>>80841042
>Jack Cole -> Kyle Baker -> Tom fucking Taylor
Yeah, no.
>>
>>80836525
His Twitter is the best. I mean, he's responded to my tweets before. That's pretty fucking cool.
>>
File: 1451488921573.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1451488921573.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80841253
Are you saying you didn't enjoy the 2015 comic of the year?
>>
>>80841325
This has to be a joke post.
>>
>>80841369
it was so good
>>
>>80841391
>implying you enjoying it means it's the best comic of 2015
>>
>>80841391
Now, it was good. But it wasn't Darkseid War: Green Lantern, or Ultra Comics level good.
>>
>>80841458
>Darkseid War: Green Lantern
My nigga!
>>
>>80838930
I doubt Seeley would want to co-write another book.
>>
>>80841458
Yes, clearly the only worthwhile comics in the entirety of 2015 were only by DC.
>>
>>80842188
Instead of being all passive-aggressive about it, name some non-DC comics of the year
>>
>>80836712
C-cute
>>
>>80838930
I'd be okay with him tackling Nightwing on his own.
>>
>>80842188
Nah, but I don't read much current indie. I feel bad about pirating creator-owneds, and my limited money goes toward reading great stuff from history.
>>
>>80842340
What's the point? You'll probably ignore all I post and just say something like "lol Imagay" or "lol Failant" or "lol Fantagayphics" or "lol yuropoor"
>>
>>80842673
Valiant is solid, Image is good, but as different from the Big 2 as it'd like to pretend, Fantagraphics puts out a lot of great work. Euro comics are probably great, but I'll be honest, I've only really read Tintin and Asterix.
>>
>>80842796
*not as different
>>
>>80842673
Except for the old timers, Image isn't actually that good.
>>
>>80842673
>What's the point?
Nice excuse, bro.
>>
>>80841831
>>80842443

I wouldn't mind either of them writing Nightwing alone, either. But Seeley's already started fleshing Dick out in Grayson, so I would love his input either way. Obviously I also would love King's input, but I feel like he's not gonna be on Nightwing.
>>
>>80843090
Thanks, bro.
>>
>>80838282
I enjoy Spencer, but that's about it.
>>
>>80844049
DC firing him was one of the stupidest thing they ever did. FUCK BERGANZA.
>>
>>80838837
Well now I want a Gotham by Midnighter book
>>
>>80844159
Nah, Gotham by Midnighter is the Christmas annual where Midnighter drops in on Dick for a holiday visit and writes his own tourist guide of Gotham in the process.
>>
>>80844159
>Gotham by Midnighter
>it's a Midnighter killing every villain in Gotham book
Not sure if that would work.
>>
>>80844153
Nah, guy is shit. DC did good by getting rid of him.
>>
>>80844233
Midnighter slots into the Bat family and/or Suicide Squad pretty great.
>>
>>80844153
>>80844283
Why did they fire him again?
>>
>>80844375
Has anyone in the family met Apollo?
>>
>>80844604
No
>>
>>80844375
>even more fucking people in the Bat-family
No thanks
>>
>>80835283
>John Timms

Wow they locked a contract with that terrible artist? was he available?? wow! so lucky DC!!
>>
>>80844846
They'll need all the artists they can for Rebirth. Biweekly series will be brutal on the art side.

I'm really dreading how the books will look overall. Not a fan of changing artists.
>>
>>80844903
Timms is probably going to stick to Harley at least
>>
>>80844932
>all these fucking containment books
Rebirth is going to be such a shitshow.
>>
>>80838803
>Choosing to die in poverty
>>
>>80844577
They didn't like the content he was providing. He was under shitfest that is Superman editorial.
>>
>>80835485
Not really, if I remember correctly there was this article that measured how the creators in Image, Marvel, and DC (And I think IDW too?) were happy in the company there were in and DC was the lead. Granted I can't seem to find the article no more. Plus, Rucka already's in goodterms with DC, same with Conway, and I'm pretty sure Lemire left just because he wanted to do Marvel Work.

>>80835607
nah, DC actually pays more. but Marvel gives you more exposure, hence you get people like Bunn who's best works are at DC but for some reason most of their Marvel Works are more well known (IE: Deadpool Killogy)
>>
>>80836080
Taylor's Batman/Superman was pretty good.
>>
File: 18-experience-by-publisher.png (93 KB, 1105x734) Image search: [Google]
18-experience-by-publisher.png
93 KB, 1105x734
>>80847224
This article?

http://sktchd.com/longform/whats-the-life-of-a-comic-artist-like/
>>
>>80838862
Man I still felt pretty bad when Ray Fawkes subtly asked DC and his fans on Twitter to keep Gotham by Midnight going just like Omega Men.
>>
>>80847311
ah yeah, I was really surprised how DC/Vertigo got first since I was expecting Valiant or Image. Dark Horse was a surprise but then again I don't read Dark Horse outside of Hellboy
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.