[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reddit is having another EU bashing session and i need somewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: rffdfd.jpg (134 KB, 600x883) Image search: [Google]
rffdfd.jpg
134 KB, 600x883
reddit is having another EU bashing session and i need somewhere to vent
>>
>>80832957
Go cry about it on your blog.
>>
File: image_15.jpg (43 KB, 334x339) Image search: [Google]
image_15.jpg
43 KB, 334x339
>reddit
>>
EU is trash and nobody liked it
>>
>>80833004

theres a huge chunk of people on all boards who use reddit and if you deny it youre a fucking liar, i post here all the time and youd never know
>>
>>80833032
i mean, other than the fact that you keep bringing up posting on reddit, yeah.
>>
>>80833053

thank you captain obvious
>>
Good for them. Most of the EU was terrible.
>>
I'm still mad we had to give up Jaina, Jacen, Anakin and their friends for Emo Ren.

Haven't read any of the comic books, though. Just the novels.
>>
>>80833108
you should, try renting them at your library, though im not sure if they have the omnibuses for stuff like legacy or kotor. i read them through volumes years ago but they phased those out
>>
>palpentine dies like 4 times and keeps coming back in clones
>thirty years of mishmashed books all being in the same continuity, even the young reader novels where Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie all became agents of SPIN
>Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo
>Boba Fett's 9 different origin stories all changed to be people 'impersonating' Boba Fett, even before attack of the clones changed his origins yet again
>the yuuzhan fucking vong
>killing of Chewie with a fucking moon, but it's OK because somehow his two sons also have to pay his life debt so now Han has two walking carpets
>Anakin dies from a virus because of reasons, Jacen becomes a "True Sith" also because of reasons
>Mary Sue, i mean Mara Jade Skywalker

don't get me wrong, I read and enjoyed a lot of this shit growing up. but god damn, everyone treating the EU like Disney threw out a fucking Picasso is stupid.
>>
>>80833416

its the fact they shit on all the good shit too, and keep sucking darth mauls ridiculous robot dick while being oh so offended by palpatine clones
>>
>>80833416
>Anakin dies from a virus because of reasons, Jacen becomes a "True Sith" also because of reasons
>it's OK because somehow his two sons also have to pay his life debt so now Han has two walking carpets
So you actually haven't read any of this stuff then.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>80833473
When you throw out the trash, some of what's in that bag of garbage is actually quite useful still.
Do you let garbage sit in your house and sift through it because of those few good bits? No, because the garbage smells like shit and no one likes paying medical bills for an infection from rotting garbage. You see where I'm going with this?
Remember the good and the bad, the content still exists, it's not like they deleted and burned everything.
Just do what Morgan Katarn said when Kyle was seething and bent on revenge:
>is that how she would want to be remembered? Through acts of anger and revenge?
>>no...
>see pic
>>
>>80833473
>good shit
no dude, none of it was good. not even the thrawn trilogy. enjoyable and good don't necessarily have to go hand in hand, but it wasn't good.

>>80833561
please, explain to me why killing off or turning your messiah children characters evil was anything other than "Welp, we've tried to make these people interesting for a decade while still making the original characters do all the actual heavy lifting and interesting things. Nothings worked, so let's give everyone a surprise TWIST!"
>>
>>80833696
>please, explain to me why killing off or turning your messiah children characters evil was anything other than "Welp, we've tried to make these people interesting for a decade while still making the original characters do all the actual heavy lifting and interesting things. Nothings worked, so let's give everyone a surprise TWIST!"
None of the things I quoted happened. Anakin didn't die to a virus, Jacen didn't become a true sith (a major plot point of the novel was that he never actually found the true sith), and Han immediately turned down Chewie's nephews. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>80833696

moving the goal posts much? what are you expecting citizen kane out this stuff? a lot of people don consider star wars "good" to begin with. the good EU stuff is good star wars, nothing more, nothing less
>>
>>80832957
Link to the thread? It's always nice to see people pissing on that awful trash.

You're a bitch btw.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.