[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't watched this movie since it came out when I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
I haven't watched this movie since it came out when I was a kid, I remember liking it, how does it hold up?
>>
Better than Ghost Rider
>>
File: spawn-5.png (283 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
spawn-5.png
283 KB, 550x309
I rewatched it recently. Some effects are good, other are spectacular in how awful they look. I remember as a kid I loved the way they made the cape look, but you see it now, it's just crummy.
Make up work on Spawn and the clown is top notch, when he turns into the Violator and it's actually a giant puppet, as opposed as a computer effect, it still looks solid.
Plot makes no sense.

Apparentely they run out of budget while making it, so that's why some of the effects are unfinished.

My suggestion: watch the TV series instead.
>>
My favorite part was at the end, when Spawn confronts the devil. All that build up about Spawn leading his army and whatnot and Spawn just ends up decimating literally all of them with a sweep of his eye beams. And that's it.
>>
>>80827808
Having rewatched it roughly 2 years ago, I can say this.
It didn't hold up. Even a little bit. I watched the shit out of this movie when it was fresh, and I thought it was amazing then. Bear in mind, I was under 12 at the time.

The animated series, like >>80828216 said, still holds water. So, definitely go for that if you never have or if it's been a while.
>>
I have forgotten how short he looked.
>>
>>80829409
I still like it, its in no way a great film but it is everything late 90s, takes me right back to being a little shit listening to Slipknot, playing Twisted Metal games, and drawing edgy OCs on all my school folders
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 522x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 522x282
>>80827808
Uhh... How well do you feel a character from Reboot plopped into a live-action movie would age?
>>
watch the cartoon
>>
>>80831065
Its not cartoon

Cartoon for kids
Anime for mature adult
It is anime
>>
>>80832660
seryously?
>>
Everyone remembered it fondly until Nostalgia Critic made a video about it. Now everyone thinks it's shit.
>>
File: 1316925616457.jpg (28 KB, 616x569) Image search: [Google]
1316925616457.jpg
28 KB, 616x569
>>80827808
>They literally race swapped Terry Fitzgerald into a white cuck raising Spawn's kid.
>>
>>80834684
This is bullshit

I understand your reasoning, its always easy to spot when suddenly shit gets brought up cause of that moron Doug

However, even IF this thread was inspired by his review, youre full of it. Spawn is one of the most hated characters on this board because the little kiddies hate everything 90s and this movie always gets trashed here

I lile Spawn but I'm just saying man
>>
>>80834989
The animated series Spawn was pretty good tho.
>>
>>80827808
Haven't watched the film in like 15 years. I thought, the story was rubbish (even compared to the alternative in the comics) but the film was quite watchable (and hey I LOVED the comics back then). The CGI-Cape and Hell-Squences looked bad, even back then, so I wouldn't expect much from it today (could be on par with cheap Syfy monster movies, but I wouldn't count on it).

I don't think it can stand up to the test of time, but hey at least, the soundtrack was damn AWESOME. Gota get that old CD out now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.