[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your guy's opinion on Making Fiends? I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-20-27-03.png (714 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-20-27-03.png
714 KB, 1280x720
What is your guy's opinion on Making Fiends?
I thought it was really cute and amusing.
>>
I was really good, actually. I'm actually really pissed that Nick canned it then refused to let the creator have the rights back to it.
>>
>>80823440
It was

Screw Nick for fucking that woman so royally
>>
>>80823791
is that why her site and shit never updated after the show except for the yearly fan contest? I always assumed that she thought there was no point in continuing it.
>>
>>80824556

Yeah. I think she can't even sell merchandise of it anymore. Nick really cucked her bad.

Fuck Nick.
>>
I really enjoyed it when it aired. Does the creator do anything these days?
>>
Love Making Fiends. I noticed that Amy Winfrey is a director on some Bojack Horseman episodes.

Hooray!
>>
>>80823440
Making fiends is probably an example why there is basically zero cartoons (except for we bare bears) based on existing webcomics/webtoons. Having something you made canned and then forbidden from using it ever again is pretty much the worst thing to happen to a creator.
>>
>>80823440

It was unexpectedly hilarious. I also got this weird South Park vibe from it.
>>
Pretty good. Too fucking bad Nick is a cunt and aired it on Nicktoons at 3AM
>>
>>80823440

I used to watch reruns of it at 3-4 in the morning when I had insomnia and wanted to kill myself. It made me feel like there was still some innocence and childlike simplicity alive in me somewhere.

Honestly, the number of times watching TV late at night saved my life is really astounding.
>>
>>80827278
Well, South Park was one of her first animation jobs.
>>
>>80825878
What happened exactly?
>>
>>80828687
>Nick buys rights to start producing episodes
>someone decides it's not worth it and cut the production
>never air it outside insane hours
>send it to Nicktoons, Nick's wasteland of Fan Boy & ChumChum and Planet Sheen
>still air it at insane hours
>keep copyrights even though they cut everything
>don't release half of the created episodes
Someone must have hated the creator.
>>
What happened to TheGalen?
>>
>>80827647
This proves that television can save lives.
>>
>>80829324
Wait, is this TheGalen's work or did he just create a shit-ton of fanart from this?
>>
>>80823440
>Making Fiends
Oh God, is this Homestuck 2.0?
>>
>>80823440
just another lesson in keeping your heartfelt creations to yourself and only selling the second rate things you produce for others.
>>
>>80831831
I don't even understand where you even got that comparison from
>>
>>80831831
Why would you compare a web series turned into kids show to a web comic with a shitty fan base?
>>
>>80832541

Making fiends has more in common with China Ill than with Homestar R.
>>
>>80834801
What are you talking about?
>>
>>80834801
he said Homestuck, not Homestar
>>
is this by the muffin films person? loved that shit as a teen
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.