[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red trunks or blue trunks, /co/? Worse on Superman or worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 2s6rl0g.jpg (73 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
2s6rl0g.jpg
73 KB, 709x1000
Red trunks or blue trunks, /co/?

Worse on Superman or worse on Batman?
>>
Red.

There's literally nothing wrong with trunks.
>>
File: 1458071891299.jpg (158 KB, 537x850) Image search: [Google]
1458071891299.jpg
158 KB, 537x850
Duh.
>>
>>80823359
Iconic and really doesn't need to be changed. I'm waiting for DC to bring it back.
>>
>>80823325
The trunks are a nice break point. Ironically, without them it makes Superman look like he's wearing pajamas.
>>
>>80823325
So why is it so many are adamant about superman getting his red trunks back. but not really about batman getting his own trunks back.
>>
>>80823325
I'd say he needs something like trunks to just fill that space, but it shouldn't be trunks. I think injustice superman had something like that. I don't understand why an outfit made by aliens would ever have trunks.
>>
>>80823700
they both look dumb as big unbroken singlets. They need something to make it look like they're not wearing long underwear.
>>
>>80823325
>>80823325

>There will never be a crime syndicate movie with Routh as Ultraman, Bales as Owlman and Reynolds as Power Ring

Plebs would eat that shit up
>>
>>80823700
For the most part Batman's utility belt is large enough to provide enough color break.

Also an overwhelmingly gray body with black accents is better than an overwhelmingly blue body with red accents. Add to that the fact that Bruce covers himself up with the cape and cowl a lot, and it's not as much of an issue.
>>
>>80823325
This picture makes me uncomfortable.
Is that a sign of autism?
>>
>>80823700
Burton sold the trunks-less look with black Bat armor.
>>
>>80823700

Thanks to the movies, trunkless Batman doesn't look as strange, people are familiar and comfortable with the idea.
That, and Batman's utility belt does a good enough job of breaking up the color.

Really, I think the problem with trunkless Superman is that I've yet to see a design for it that adequately replaces them while keeping the overall look. I don't think he needs them, but every alternative still looks off.

Personally, I'm kind of a fan of making the lower half a darker blue with a lighter top. I don't have it on me, but there's some fan art that pulls it off quite well.
>>
File: superman_flight.jpg (280 KB, 1180x1600) Image search: [Google]
superman_flight.jpg
280 KB, 1180x1600
>>80823359
I feel it man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g
>>
File: superman-earth-2-1330720213.jpg (30 KB, 308x443) Image search: [Google]
superman-earth-2-1330720213.jpg
30 KB, 308x443
>>80823966
What about this?
>>
>>80824323
Very close.
>>
>>80823325
>>80823359
If any superhero should still wear trunks of any sort, it should be Superman. That's just me though
>>
>>80826559
It's me too. I like it, because it set the norms of superhero costumes, and taking it away from the source character feels weird, and because it shows a different fashion sense from Earth clothing, that can be extended to Kryptonians in general, like they showed in Superman: Secret Origin, when Martha Kent saw the hologram of Kryptonians and made the suit based on their styles.
>>
>>80826559
This. I would love to see a post-Rebirth comic where someone gives Superman shit for his costume, and he points out how basically every superhero in DC derived heir looks from his.
>>
File: 1360502246334.jpg (2 MB, 3016x2133) Image search: [Google]
1360502246334.jpg
2 MB, 3016x2133
>>80823700
Superman technically doesn't need trunks. In fact, most trunk-less Superman designs look just fine.
It's just that when they decided to go for the classic look, and just remove the trunks without replacing it with anything sufficient at replacing it, in spite of how the design was never designed for it, it started to look ridiculous.
>>
>>80823325
What if Batman had red trunks?
>>
File: superman_.jpg (205 KB, 1015x1728) Image search: [Google]
superman_.jpg
205 KB, 1015x1728
>>80824323
I like the belt, i dont like the upper part.

The issue of the Superman costume is that it is terribly far away from the modern tastes of casuals. Certainly, you might say, BTFO fags, but that's not how it works.

Personally, I think the Superman suit should have an important role in any film dedicated to him. In a solar movie, you can use the trunks like a fashion element of alien culture, but in a drama, it would be rejected without appeal.

Personally, I think a large red belt is best form for a character who is already seen so disliked by the new generations. The trunks should come out in an epic moment, when his new suit is ruined and Superman takes this alternate costume with the krytonian trunks, who he may not have worn at the start because he was ashamed.

It takes a little 'of irony. Pic related for what i think would look great.
>>
>>80823835

I can see Bale as Owlman, but I don't think Routh could ever sell and audience the idea that he is capable of evil. Reynolds as Power Ring would be great. And Ezra Miller has the looks of an addict, so why not let him be Johnny Quick?

I think he will be a great Flash, nonetheless.
>>
>>80823325
Trunks, trunks for everyone

Although i have to say, while some designs made it bearable for me to have a trunk-less Superman (like the new costume in BvS) i still have to see a trunk-less Batman that doesn't look stupid. Artists feel they don't have to do anything to fill the void because "the belt already breaks the colour anyway!", but i don't think that's enough. That way Batman to me looks like a guy in a weird pijama/diving suit that just slapped a cape on it
>>
>>80823349
i agree, i need some contrast. the solid blue is fucking stupid imo.
>>
>>80830227
Routh is a capable actor, he could pull it off. If I were him I would change my vocal timber, alter my posture, work on finding a different resting facial expression and the rest is performing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.