[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, shit...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11
File: manwithoutspark.jpg (45 KB, 491x427) Image search: [Google]
manwithoutspark.jpg
45 KB, 491x427
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/16/marvels-daredevil-season-2-ew-review
>>
reviews don't matter
>>
>>80821643
Form your own opinions, faggot.
>>
>>80821674
>>80821730
Reviews only seem to matter when they agree with your agenda.
>>
rip in peas
>>
>>80821643
>review admits that it only watched 5 episodes and it looked like it was getting better
>>
>>80821643
Read the review, the person writing it says it starts slow and picks up halfway through. Click bait title making it out to be worse then it is.
>>
>they don't like the Punisher
I'm fairly sure this is a minority opinion.
>>
>But Goddard, DeKnight, and D’Onofrio are gone
the hell? why haven't I heard of this before, that's pretty large for the series
>>
reviews also said jessica jones was good
>>
>>80821802

Kingpins in jail dude. Why the fuck do they need D'Onofrio?
>>
>>80821643
Stop criticizing Marvel
Be happy we're even getting these guys on the big screen
Marvel are doing this for YOU
Self entitled movie goers are the worst.
>>
>>80821643
I might actually like this season then.

Unless the continue to focus on Foggy and True Blood's boring asses.
>>
>>80821643
literally everyone else is giving it a 4/5 and 8-9/10, and you had to pick the EW review...
>>
>>80821802
>D’Onofrio
He's back, just not in the first 5...
>>
>>80821838
New pasta?
>>
>>80821821
well I mean Goddard and DeKnight being gone
>>
>didn't even watch the whole season
>thinks their opinion matters
kek
>>
As someone that absolutely loved the first season it does worry me that Goddard and Deknight aren't involved as much (or at all in one case) anymore. That being said I still expect it to at least be ok, I doubt it's actually bad.
>>
Thank God. Now Agents of SHIELD just needs to die.
>>
>>80821802
But D'Onofrio is confirmed to play a small role in at least one episode. Guy had a trailer on set. Reviewer only watched the first five and doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
File: 1425752377731.png (316 KB, 641x316) Image search: [Google]
1425752377731.png
316 KB, 641x316
>I don't like MCU productions and need to post my opinions about it in every thread
>>
Reading the review it certainly seems like the reviewer dislikes Daredevil and the Punisher as a concept more than he dislikes the show which can be a legitimate complaint but doesn't really say much at all
>>
>Actually caring about what someone else thinks
>Giving a shit about clickbait article

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>80821806
Ya its EW, a SJW subsidiary
>>
>>80821802
Goddard left during Season 1 but DeKnight, a good friend of his, worked based off of the outlines and plans Goddard had left. Goddard apparently came back to advise/help in the writer's room this season but the extent of his contribution is unknown.

>>80821866
Fuck you. Agents of SHIELD is great.
>>
General conscious so far seems that the show is just as well made as last season. Great Cinematography and Fights, the main cast has settled into their roles more, and Frank and Electra are both great.
Common complaints are that they show tries to juggle to many plots at once, and lacks a strong central villain like Fisk was last season.
>>
>>80821643
>not enjoying frank
opinion discarded.
>>
>>80821766
They watched 7 like every other critic
>>
>>80821643
No Wesley, no point.
>>
>Caring what Entertainment Weekly thinks

Nigga please http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/daredevil/s02/
>>
>He doesnt like Frank
Ok so we can ignore this assholes input right? Not that reviewers are all that great these days anyway
>>
>the entire article is muh Fisk
Opinion discarded.
>>
Thread is not even 50 posts long and theres som real buttflustered folks
its just opinions bro
>>
>season is bad because of no Wilson Fisk
>Wilson Fist confirmed to appear in the show
>early episodes are muddled but start coming together at the end of the 7

Seems to me that it gets better with the episodes instead of worse like season 1.
>>
>>80822460
To be fair taking 7 episodes to get good isn't exactly spectacular for a 13 episode season
>>
>>80822499
from other reviews it joins together starting at episode 5. The first four are too much Frank, apparently.

It's weird, I liked Fisk, but the highlights for me were Nobu and Gao, by a mile. I can't wait to see ninjas. Frank is probably the chekov's gun and kills them all at the end.
>>
>>80821773
Which sounds exactly the opossite of last season where it was good the first couple of episodes and then it dropped like a hammer.
>>
Isn't DeKnight on Iron Fist?
>>
>>80823055
That's because Goddard left. Whedon picked him as a protege for a reason.
>>
>>80821802
That's why I set my expectations low for this season. All the original show-runners left and they put one of the writers from the first season as the new show-runner. It really shouldn't surprise anyone if this seasons turns out to be worse because of that.
>>
>>80823473
No.
He's working on Transformers.
>>
AV Club seems to have liked it and they tend to give things a fair shake.
I trust them more than EW anyway.
>>
>>80821744
Because people who use message boards are too dumb to think for themselves and need validation for liking what they like.
>>
So all the complaints stem from having no Fisk? Really?
>>
> Daredevil comes out same week as Batman V Superman
> Warners' entertainment ragsheet EW trashes it

Oh wow. What a surprise.
>>
>>80821643
This will surely get the clicks. Click Bait.
>>
>>80824025

Dennis Perkins is one of their best reviewers, so this is a good sign.

Oliver Sava will probably so the weekly reviews though, which is a shame. That guy comes off as a parody of liberal critics at times.

>>80824063

To be a little fair, Vinny D's performance as Fisk in Season 1 paved over a lot of the weaker plot elements though sheer force of personality. If Berenthal can't do the same there might be a problem.

It's interesting rewatching Season 1 and realising how important Karen Page actually was to the entire story. She drives the main narrative forward more then Matt does for the most part, the structure of the first season is outright bizarre.
>>
>>80824078
>Xenos shitposting

Oh wow, What a surprise.
>>
>>80824177
I usually don't read their weeklies for non-comedy shows anyway.

>It's interesting rewatching Season 1 and realising how important Karen Page actually was to the entire story. She drives the main narrative forward more then Matt does for the most part, the structure of the first season is outright bizarre.

It's a mixed bag because everything she did past giving Matt that flashdrive served no actual purpose past Urich's death. And even the event that led to his death (discovering Fisk's mom) was very inconsequential both to us as an audience since we already saw the story firsthand, and to any climax that linked with Daredevil other than 'two barely acquainted individuals that I kind of new have died now'.

I'm glad that we have in-costume relationships past Claire now for him to play off of.
>>
>>80824536
I'm hoping we get a shot of DAW's glorious rack
>>
> and to any climax that linked with Daredevil other than 'two barely acquainted individuals that I kind of new have died now'.

If there's any big issue with Season 1 it's the fact that Matt and Karen's storylines are so separated for 90% of the season, so all the horrible shit that happens to Karen or involves her doesn't really matter to Matt.
>>
File: tumblr_n97yl6PB2u1tharloo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n97yl6PB2u1tharloo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x290
>>80824748
She didn't deliver on True Blood, so she never will.
Her husband doesn't even get to see her naked.
>>
>>80821806
And it is, you little faggot. Only good TV capeshit is JJ, DD, and Gotham.
>>
>>80825033
I love the DC shows but Agents of SHIELD is strictly better than The Flash and Arrow.
>>
File: low quality.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low quality.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>80825033
2/10. See me after Class
>>
>>80825062
That's just not true. Well maybe Arrow, I haven't watched this season at all. Either way, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow are way more fun.
>>
>>80821744
Reviews only matter when you have an agenda to push

If you just watch things in the hope of liking them who gives a shit what a review says

Reviews matter to company wars faggots who want to show "proof" their thing is superior
>>
>>80824063
People seem to be mad at no Fisk and Punisher being too dark and gory
>>
>>80825062
I like all three but I dunno about putting AoS on top. It's seriously starting to lose me this season. What makes you think this?
>>
>>80825168
Something an anon likes gets good reviews
>Look at all these good reviews that prove that what I like is good

Something an anon likes gets poor reviews
>Reviews dont matter

Every time
/v/ is much worse about this then /co/ though
>>
>>80824025
I literally could not disagree more. AV Club has garbage taste and the commenters are literally plebbit-tier, and I don't mean that in a meme way, I mean that it feels exactly like reading a somehow more self-fellating version of our upboating friends.

Exhibit A.
>>
>>80825154
I think Agents of SHIELD is just all around better than Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. I love the CW shows a hell of a lot but the writing on SHIELD is so much better.

>>80825218
I think Agents of SHIELD is better written, acted, and directed. They don't waste time on bullshit and the characters have clear arcs and develop very naturally. At the same time I love the way the team functions and interacts with each other. It got a little slow during the midpoint of 3A, but 3B so far has been great. Creel was terrific last night and I loved Yo-Yo in last week's episode.
>>
>>80825243
>/v/ is much worse about this then /co/ though

/co/'s gotten pretty bad about it since /tv/ brought over console wars. There's people that genuinely think critics were paid off to dislike Man of Steel, I guarantee if the BvS reviews aren't stellar we'll get the same thing.
>>
>>80825282
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>80825313
You and I have much different tastes in writing then. To me, AoS is just like other low quality action/thriller genre network TV a la The Following, Blindspot, Quantico, etc. which is just unwatchable. If I'm going to watch that kind of stuff I'd rather watch shows that at least have quality production value and hopefully some decent writing every now and then like Penny Dreadful or the bad season of True Detective.

CW's shows on the other hand are full of shitty drama but make up for it with the stupid fun moments. They don't take themselves seriously and neither do I.
>>
>>80825282
Oliver Sava a shit, but you know liking something you don't like isn't grounds for disregarding.
And going by grading system alone is retarded because they're are arbitary as fuck until you read why and/or what they liked.
>>
>>80825282
>Oliver Sava

he's already been brought up- dude's a terrible reviewer. He's both a bad writer and the kind of person who will criticize a show for hurting women or people of color. Funny enough I think he does the reviews for all /co/ related shows.
>>
>>80821643
When this EW reviewer gave Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and even Crazy ex-Girlfriend higher rate than Daredevil. Somehow i'm not buying this reviewer opinion and view, since clearly he doesn't like the darker Daredevil and Punisher story, and pretty much biased.
I'd rather trust my own.
>>
>>80824177
I love Sava's BTAS reviews though
>>
>>80825474

>Funny enough I think he does the reviews for all /co/ related shows.

ALL OF THEM.

It's interminable.
>>
File: 1438763691847.jpg (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1438763691847.jpg
53 KB, 300x300
>>80825282

why was there a mech in korra?
>>
>>80821674

Yeah I don't expect anybody to have that attitude next week
>>
>>80821643
Don't care, got franked.
>>
File: coming.jpg (32 KB, 600x890) Image search: [Google]
coming.jpg
32 KB, 600x890
>Frank Castle is too dark and nihilistic
>>
File: shit.jpg (91 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
91 KB, 800x440
>>80825328
if the BvS reviews are stellar I will be dead certain money exchanged hands.
>>
>>80821854
>Just because more than half the episodes are bad doesn't mean the season is bad!
>>
>>80825474
Well you're not exactly swaying my opinion on the site when you tell me they have one retard reviewing everything in the genre.
>>
>>80826214

Yeah everybody is paid off and everybody is a shill. If you believe that about BvS it just calls into question every other big movie RT reviewed. But you wont care about them will you?
>>
>>80821643
It was inevitable considering the showrunner is different...also i have the suspicion that theres actually a lot more Electra shit and not so much Frank being Frank...
>>
>>80826703

>also i have the suspicion that theres actually a lot more Electra shit and not so much Frank being Frank...

That was my biggest fear. They don't have the balls to have an unleashed Frank
>>
I won't link it, but of all the places to get why Punisher will probably work in this series is Kotaku of all places.

Essentially the writer said that Punisher is at his best when he is in the same room as superheroes, and that he is best written as someone pitied rather than a tried-and-true antihero.
>>
>>80821643
>entertainment weekly
>being relevant
Pick one.
>>
>>80826878
>Essentially the writer said that Punisher is at his best when he is in the same room as superheroes
So they're just wrong. Source: Punisher MAX
>>
>>80825282
Oh no someone liked Korra.

It's been a year. Move the fuck on.
>>
>>80826990
Sounds like you're the one who hasn't moved on.
>>
>>80821781
the punisher movie was pretty disappointing, he needed to be fighting someone bond villain tier, not just a random drug lord
>>
So when are they gonna ditch the grimdark and start adapting the superior Mark Waid run?
>>
>>80821643
>bluh bluh bluh Punisher doesn't stop being a "noxious nihilistic" dude

Does these reviewers even know what's the Punisher is about?
>>
>>80827265
The Punisher is basically Charles Bronson right?
>>
The amount of hate in this thread made me think I was on /tv for a second
Anyway, a feminist reviewer hating Frank makes me even more hyped
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (3 KB, 160x80) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
3 KB, 160x80
>>80821643

>EW
>>
thank you Wesley
>>
>>80825481
Crazy Ex is objectively better though
>>
>>80824960
kek do you normally get this butthurt when someone disagrees with your garbage opinion?
>>
>>80821806
The first half was fucking great, which was all reviewers got to see. The second half was pretty shit.
>>
>>80821848
I've seen it twice now.
>>
File: AgentsOfShield.png (29 KB, 608x441) Image search: [Google]
AgentsOfShield.png
29 KB, 608x441
>>80821866
Halfway done
>>
can a brotha get a pastebin or a greentext?
>>
>>80821806
This. EW is not a reliable source.
>>
>>80824926
>Her husband doesn't even get to see her naked.
>the one guy who bangs her doesn't even know what she looks like

fate is the cruellest mistress
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.