[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/co/ hates "quipfest" whedon marvel movies >Loves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: dp.jpg (114 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
114 KB, 720x480
>/co/ hates "quipfest" whedon marvel movies
>Loves Deadpool the quip with a gun.

Explain yourselves.
>>
Because Deadpool is supposed to have quips?
>>
>>80818337
Marvel is popular so it's cool to hate right now
>>
>>80818337
Because Deadpool was a good movie?
>>
>>80818406
literally just this
>>
>>80818337
Deadpool didn't ruin every serious moment with a shit type quip

only most of them
>>
>>80818337
Fuck Ryan Reynolds
>>
>>80818337
We like to keep you guessing. We often change things around so that people like you can't get am read on us.
>>
>>80818445
*shitty
>>
Deadpool is an action-comedy. And was billed as such.

It's not like Age of MODOQ (Mental Organism Designed Only for Quipping), which was marketed as a moody, high-stakes thriller.
>>
>>80818383
Exactly
He's a comedy character in a comedy movie.

Avengers expects you to take the characters and situations seriously even as the characters themselves do not.

Helps that a lot of the Deapool jokes actually landed.
And that the movie overall was competently made by people who gave a shit.
>>
It's fun to bash Whedon. I mean we have to pass the time somehow here.
>>
>>80818337

We liked it because there isn't as many darkies in it.
>>
>>80818489
>Helps that a lot of the Deapool jokes actually landed.

Speak for yourself. Reynolds and the character are annoying
>but that's how he's supposed to be
To the characters not the audience.
>>
Deadpool's quips weren't out of place

>>80818406
Also this
>>
>>80818337
Because

1. Marvel sold the movie as a "darker, with even bigger odds againts and with deadlier enemies" movie, but Whedon ended up fucking everything with quips, love-interest sub-plots and killing off Quickslav, which was something fans didn't expect (in a bad way)

2.- Deadpool promised to be a comedy movie, and ended up being more, and people loved that.

In resume, they were polar opposites, because while Age of Quiptron sold the idea of more and ended up giving less, Deadpool sold people with little, and ended up giving more.
>>
>>80818406
This, /co/ is filled with opinion baiting, contrarian faggots.

For example
>/co/ likes Wonder over Yonder
>WOY becomes popular (if it didn't get cancelled)
>/co/ hates it
>>
Some people just do it better.
>>
>>80818559

>Quips weren't out of place.
Off the top of my head the "I'd say you sound like an infomercial" gag and the "don't make the supersuit green!" gag were inelegant as fuck.
>>
>>80818337

A) Deadpool was an 8/10 movie while Age of Ultron was a 5/10 utterly mediocre movie.

B) In Deadpool movies Deapool quips, in Avengers Whedon movies its whole huge cast, villains, heroes, robots, quip. It is like an alternate earth in which every person is a comedian.
>>
>>80818488
>>80818489
>>80818649
>>80818570
These
>>
I personally don't feel it had enough humor that actually felt like comic book Deadpool humor. Just a bunch of shitty fourth wall breaks and generic contemporary comedy moments. It was okay as a whole but I have no burning desire to see it again. Same with most of the recent Marvel films honestly.
>>
>>80818636
Those weren't even out of place in comparison to Quiptron
>>
>>80818488
B-but anon, Age of Ultron was Marvel's most serious movie yet!
>>
>>80818863

I don't want Marvel to make SERIOUS movies.
I wanted relatively light action-adventure tones and a fucking spectacle of big budget special effect kerfuffles. Why the fuck else would you still be watching this shit if you wanted SERIOUS. Go suck batman's cock if you want PSYCHOLOGICALLY COMPLEX villains.
>>
Quipping is fine in the right context.
>>
>>80818337

one supposed to be quipfest, the other is trying to hard to be quipfest.
>>
>>80818546
better then avengers
>HOWS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE A PARTY
>>
File: 1375324030501.jpg (10 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
1375324030501.jpg
10 KB, 250x326
Because Whedon's a hack and the writers of Deadpool knew what they are doing
>>
>>80818941

''le turn off your brain and enjoy''
die!!
>>
>>80820058
>triggered
>>
Simple, I hate Whedon.
>>
Because Deadpool is funny and Avengers isn't.
>>
>>80818941
Go watch Bayformers if you want a popcorn flick you spastic.
>>
>>80818422
top kek
>>
>>80818337
Is it any good? Should I watch it? The trailer kind of made me cringe a bit and not laugh which I suppose was the desired effect...
>>
>>80820196

It's really not. There are a few standout moments, but it's mostly just juvenile potty-humor for the sake of audacity and a level of "self-awareness" that is tiring.
>>
>>80820196
If you like deadpool then yes, also it's not Ways basterdized version plus they perfected Colossus and used a yellow xmen costume, even fucking xmen couldn't do that
>>
>>80820320
Okay cheers, never cared for Deadpool as a character AT ALL either...just irritated the fuck out of me, I hadda buy some terrible Spidey/Deadpool comic which had Vision #1 as a bonus because my "LCS" didn't have the standalone comic....it was one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever read, with too many non-jokes. They're like tied up by Dormammu and shit....urgh. Ordered Vision #1 now, anyway.
>>80820500
Colossus was always my favourite X-Man. But as I said, never liked deadpool at all. Thanks for the answers though, /co/mrades.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.