[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /co/, I've just watched the entire Christopher Nolan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: brucetellsgordon.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brucetellsgordon.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
Okay /co/, I've just watched the entire Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy and I like many other Batfags are still attempting to fathom... to simply invent this notion in my head of Ben Affleck actually pulling it off. During doing this I came across something. Is it just me or does anybody else think this scene summarizes the synopsis for Gotham alone? Jim Gordon being Bruces childhood hero after his parents death has clearly driven the plot from the beginning. inb4 OP is a complete retard.

>A hero can be anybody, even someone doing something as simply and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boys shoulders... to let him know the world hadn't ended
>>
OP you're fucking retarded
>>
File: Bat Dredd.png (141 KB, 391x546) Image search: [Google]
Bat Dredd.png
141 KB, 391x546
>still not convinced that Affleck will be GOAT Batman

You ARE a complete retard
>>
>>80815991
>>80816015
OP here, just look at what a mockery he made of Matt Murdoch. I mean come on... this guy simply doesn't have a great track record. Dare I mention his personal life.. god forbid
>>
File: latest.jpg (28 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
28 KB, 620x413
>>80815950

Throatcancer Batman was the worst part of Nolan's trilogy. For a silent guardian, Bale's Batman sure had a hard time shutting the fuck up.
Even talking in that ridiculous voice when nobody was around.

Like Burton and Schumacher before him, Christopher Nolan was too high on himself to give us a true cinematic version of Batman.

From the looks of it, Ben Affleck is about the only thing that Zack Snyder is doing right in BvS. Ben Affleck makes Christian Bale look like a cosplayer in biker gear.
>>
>>80816147
>I mean come on
So you are retarded

It's not 2008 anymore Ben has a great track record
>>
>>80815950
I love how this scene put the "and you'll never have to" line from Begins in perspective.

Like, when you watch Batman Begins, it sounds like Batman says the line just as a typical heroic "don't thank me, I'm just a guy doing what he can" thing.

But then after TDKR, you realize that Batman meant Gordon didn't have to thank him because helping Gordon already makes them even for Gordon consoling him as a child.
>>
>>80816204
This
I lost all hope of understanding anything he tried to say at
>WHERERTHEDRUGSHGOIN
>>
>>80816147
>just look at what a mockery he made of Matt Murdoch.
He didn't really make a mockery of him, he was serviceable in the role.
Plus... a person can improve on at a skill over the course of 12 FUCKING YEARS!

>this guy simply doesn't have a great track record
The Town, Argo, Gone Girl, Boiler Room, The Sum of All Fears & State of Play say otherwise.

>Dare I mention his personal life.. god forbid
Garner left him only a few weeks after their pre-nup became nullified, she fucking used him.
>>
>>80816396
OP again, underrated post. This is what I'm exactly trying to get at in a nutshell. As for the other posters, whilst I agree the whole throat-cancer fiasco was a little too much... I mean shit I'd prefer Kevin Conroy over that garbage any day. I honestly think Kavil's performance is gonna carry this movie though... it irritates the shit out of me how susceptible people are to the hoopla of critics. It's their goddamn job.
>>
>>80816552
>he was serviceable in the role

Serviceable my ass. I'd rather watch a sequel or some kind of Robin spin-off by Nolan than see Ben Affleck go anywhere near DC or Marvel again.
>>
>>80816147
What was wrong with Matt Murdock in that movie?
>>
I know this isn't related to this thread but I just watched the latest episode of gotham and that matches scene was fucking brilliant
>>
>>80816771
Nah. Of the many many things that fucked up the DD film, Affleck was kinda low on that list. He didn't blow me away, nor would i blame him for ruining the film. He just didn't have the gravitas or grit or pathos or charisma to play a super hero like that. I do think he has that now though. He seems intense as fuck as bruce wayne and I buy him as a man of power and intelligence.
>>
>>80816204
That cowl will never not look stupid too me. But Affleck seems alright in the role. He's improved as an actor but he's nowhere near the top. Nothing from what I've seen really made me feel like any of the actors fit perfectly as their characters honestly.

Even though MCU suffer from quips and other flaws I feel like their actors and delivery really invoke the core of the characters they portray

Now if the rest of the script could be up to snuff we might get some cape movies worth talking about. Here's hoping
>>
>>80816891
OP again, I do believe him and Matt Damon were semi-broke actors at the time. Trailers just never sell me on anything. Never have and never will. If we can turn Batman from Adam West to what the franchise is to this very day.. just imagine what we could do with all of the great DD material? Bendis, Miller, Waid...
>>
>>80816999
Waid?
What you mean revert him back to a poor mans spider-man?

Though I did love the issue with him leading the blind kids through the snow.
>>
>>80817592
I don't know anon. Unless you prefer Brubaker? I never finished his run though I have the first two volumes of it.
>>
OP here yet again, I had the privilege to meet Scott Snyder last year at Thought Bubble comic-convention here in GB. We mostly discussed Black Mirror at the time. He signed my book stating that I am basically Gotham... *insert huge fuck you here*

That was last year though, mostly discussed Grayson at the time... cause Black Mirror. He had only published the first three issues of the new 52 series he was doing at the time at that point. I heard it went to shit... but who believes /co/ with anything right? I met the guy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.