[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this entire series sitting in a bargain bin at the comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: DNAgents1.jpg (113 KB, 400x613) Image search: [Google]
DNAgents1.jpg
113 KB, 400x613
I found this entire series sitting in a bargain bin at the comic shop, I can get it for pennies an issue. But would it be worth bothering?

(Note: I did the same thing for another Eclipse book, Airboy, and actually liked it quite a bit.)
>>
>>80815083
yes
>>
>>80815207
That's what I was hoping to hear.
>>
File: one punch man.jpg (109 KB, 564x810) Image search: [Google]
one punch man.jpg
109 KB, 564x810
>>80815083
There's only one way to find out, faggot. Try it anyway. Try everything you like the look of. What's there to lose?

NOTHING.
Let NOTHING hold you back.
>>
>>80815242
People like to hear if something has fans, if it's good work, if it's worth paying money for, jeez. I mean personally I have enough money that if a comic is under a dollar an issue I'm almost always willing to take a chance on it, but not everybody is the same.
>>
>>80815304
But that is the point - there will always be someone somewhere who wants to hear it, especially on here, because of the sheer size of the board userbase.

And even if not, well, it's cheap, so you have nothing to lose, and if it's obscure, it's interesting and you might pick up a few fans for it.
>>
File: titansagents2.jpg (1 MB, 1306x2026) Image search: [Google]
titansagents2.jpg
1 MB, 1306x2026
>>80815083
Don't forget the crossover issue.
>>
>>80816027
Was that one of those situations where the creative teams were friends or enemies?
>>
>>80816096
Mark Evanier and Marv Wolfman are friends IIRC.
>>
>>80816135
Makes sense!

But the real question is... is "ReCombatants" or "DNAgents" the better name?
>>
>>80816027
I remember the Simpsons parodied this cover.
>>
File: Av_70_87.jpg (2 MB, 2123x3112) Image search: [Google]
Av_70_87.jpg
2 MB, 2123x3112
>>80816219
Guys charging at each other from opposite sides is a long standing comic cover trope.
>>
yes its pretty good (though I haven't read the whole thing in a long time)

but I remember the art being good
so if its just a few cents...worth it for the art alone.

Not sure if it had an "ending"
>>
>>80816648
Funnier yet, that's ANOTHER team versus non-copyright-violating-team issue...
>>
>>80816761
Too bad if it didn't, but hey, sometimes it's nice to just imagine the team is still out there, doing their thing.
>>
>>80815083
Comico's Elementals and Eclipse's DNAgents are pretty well written and thought out for X-Men knock offs
>>
>>80815083
I say "no". Airboy was okay, though.
>>
>>80818263

this guy is a faggot, btw.

pennies an issue is read and throw away money if you dont like it. (or give to a boys and girls club or similar charity)
>>
>>80819101
Look, cunt, I 've read a good few issues of it, and thought it was hacked-out rubbish. OP asked "yes" or "no" and I expressed an opinion in the most inoffensive way possible. There's no need to spit your fucking dummy out.
>>
>>80819290

>hello I'm a namefag that buys shitty small press comics and pennies an issue cape stuff is hacked out rubbish that should not be read
>>
>>80819462
While I don't agree with his namefaggery, you're being more of a shit than he is. Dude gave his opinion.

OP, I think you should buy 'em and scan' em for us/the historical record of comics.
>>
>>80819462
You're putting words into my mouth, if you know as much about me as you seem to think you do you'd know I have no fucking problem with good capes/genreshit and have a fairly decent collection of such. So go fuck yourself with a brick.
>>
>>80819547
Interesting idea, I'll have to review how labor-intensive that would be with my scanner.
>>
>>80819836
Shouldn't be too bad. Probably just damn tedious what with cropping them down and compiling into cbrs and whatnot
>>
>>80819547
>>80819836
They've been scanned
>>
>>80815083

Yes, you fucking mong.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.