[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman & Robin Eternal #24 Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 23
Midnighter's in this and it's written by Orlando; I know some of you faggots love them.
>>
>>
This issue was complete trash.

At least they're consistent.
>>
>>
>>80806421
>trash
>2016
>hating on based Harper Row
Joking aside, Cassfags are fisted hard.
>>
That is not the Tim has been speaking in this series. Seems like Orlando just wants us to know how cool it is what Tim just did
>>
>>
>>80806435
> Talon

Huh he they remembered him!
>>
>>
>>80806489
Well Tynion is in charge of this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80806489

Does Talon still actually exist? I thought he got put in the freezer back when his solo series sold no copies whatsoever.
>>
>>
>>80806633
Tynion and Snyder are sure to keep their OCs and pet characters around
>>
>>80806633

He showed up in Eternal at the end too saving Jason and Barbara.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80806745
black robin and robot batman look like shitty tmnt villains that bottom panel.
>>
>>
>>80806745

So basically it's the Court of Owls sending their assassins again, just with no tie-ins

Okay that's a reused plot.
>>
>>80806458
I guess Tim plays Portal.
>>
>>
>>80806771
> Stephanie owns an Oprhan

Da fuck?
>>
>>80806871
>Okay that's a reused plot.
Pretty much a summary of Snyder's run
>>
>>
>>80806435
Wait is Barbara wearing her old costume?
>>
>>80806869

We're living in a bizzaro world to see Stephanie Brown be a good fighter.
>>
>>80806936
Midnighter crash course.
>>
It'll be best for everyone if Harper does it.

>>80806936
She's been """training"""
>>
>>80806663
Azrael looks like an 90s action figure
>>
>>
>>80806948
>>80806976

Okay, there's several huge problems with this.
Not just
>cass turned into a literal prop
which is in itself hilariously clueless on DC's part, but also: why the FUCK would Mother give a single shit about Harper?

Seriously. Why? She's a failed project. All of her mass-produced Orphans are better fighters than her. Cass, even in this weak and shitty incarnation, should be better than her. So why does she try so hard to convert her?
>>
>>80806608
>>80806719
>>80806927

Harper looks fucking weird with her eyes filled in like that.
>>
>>80806952
Probably a mistake and is why its been coloured in shaded
>>
>>80806458
>>80806480
Jason and Tim are pretty much flirting.
>>
Jesus Christ I never thought I'd find myself thinking there'd be a comic with less shit that happens than the second act of Batman Eternal.
>>
>>80807240

It's supposed to be a big ass dramatic global attack, but it isn't an attack on anybody specific so there's no stakes. There's just a dozen random side characters fighting random dumb kids in singular panels with no sense of progress or stakes. Everything's happening so nothing's happening.

The other half of the comic is Harper Fan Favorite Row's show, because people apparently love her so fucking much and just yearn to see more of her.
>>
>>80807128
Because she's the fan favorite, why wouldn't she be important? Bruce will come back and tell her "you're greater than all of us." or some shit.
>>
>>80806976
There is 0 suspense here. DC will never let such a hugely popular character as Harper actually kill Cass.
>>
>>80807535
>bring Cass back in BRE
>kill her at the end
Now that would be a ballsy move from DC.
>>
>>80807535

They've been handling Cass disastrously poorly since like the second issue, so actually I'd be only slightly surprised if they did kill her off in the same story that was supposed to be her grand rebirth.

I feel so goddamn stupid that I initially thought this series could be okay. What the fuck was I thinking?
>>
>>80807582
I wouldn't even be mad that's just a damn impressive lack of caring about the fans to work up Snyder's pet.

I actually would be mad
>>
>>80807615
>being hyped for a weekly
Weeklies are even worse than events. There's a 99% chance they're going to be awful.
>>
>>80806458
>>80806480
>>80806504
Say whatever you want, but Jason interactions with the batfamily is currently the best thing to happen to Batman books.
>>
>>80807615
>Harper kicks Cass out of a window
Somehow lands on Steph
>Both die instantly
Final page a message from DiDio "Thanks for reading"

>Do it DC do it for the lulz.
>>
>>80807773
It's like he's different character moment Lobdell doesn't write him.
>>
>>80807535
>>80807582
>>80807653

Maybe it's Harper who bites the dust in the end, and the writers are just awkwardly trying to give her a last hurrah, like how Willingham turned Steph into a Robin when he got told that she should die soon.

If that's how it is, I can almost understand them. But the problem is, they're doing it at the expense of characters I DO give a shit about, and that just makes me hate her.
>>
>>80807818
Killing off Harper is the only thing that can redeem this shitfest
>>
>>80807668

Maybe I should have noticed something was wrong when the writers started making pre-emptive excuses in prerelease interviews.
>>
>>80807615
>in the same story that was supposed to be her grand rebirth.
Remember when this comic was supposed to be about Batman and Robin?
>>
>>80807818
Harper is all but confirmed for the new BoP, so keep wishing.
>>
>>80806435
Suddenly, Talon
>>
>>80808582
>Harper kills Cass and goes to Birds of Prey
Waifufags will commit sudoku.
>>
>>80806458
Why is Ostankino a sandy brown color? I'm not even talking about the scale - obviously Tim has Giant Man's powers, but why is the Tower itself not grey, like it's supposed to be?
>>
>>80808620

This version of Cass is so weak and mutated that it's probably best to put her out of her misery.
>>
>>80806964
They've taken a lot of time over the past year, after her reintroduction in Eternal, to give Steph training from Eiko, Babs, Dick, and apparently even Midnighter.
Also: http://renaroo.tumblr.com/post/107514857626/why-do-you-think-barbara-gordon-and-stephanie
http://renaroo.tumblr.com/post/107643619486/i-think-what-the-anon-meant-was-that-cass-tim
>>
>>80807128

Because it fucks with Batman. Harper's the girl he killed Mother over trying to protect and then completely rejected mother's ways by not making a Robin.
>>
>>80809330
>Top 5 Brotps:
>Cassandra Cain & Stephanie Brown (hopefully soon to include Harper!)
Opinion, disregarded
>>
>>80806504
Can this entire harper roe arc be called where's harper row?
>>
>>80811214

After this series, I think I'd be pretty happy if Harper was the next character to take a ten year break from comics. She's gotten to the point where I get angry just seeing her in a panel.
>>
>>80806663
OK, that's a COOL entrance.
>>
>>80806976
'
Not for me! Like Stephanie, I want to see more of her beyond this comic. It's surprising how Stephanie is stealing the show the last two issues. You'd think this was Valentine writing given the way she is, but Orlando? Damn, he did a better job in these two issues then the ones he started this series with.
>>
>>80806663

Holy shit is Azrael's new design look more awesome when a better artist is doing it.
>>
>>80811319

I'd rather her just be the gadget teen and basically be pushed into a team. I'd rather see more focus on her brother Cullen who's a far more interesting character than her. I also want Cullen to get his dream and spending more time with Tim.
>>
>>80807535
I hope they kill her just so harper becomes a bad guy and Never spoken about again.

I feel bad for orlando this no one can salvage this shit.
>>
>>80811694
>Cullen get's his own series
>Harper gets a grave
I'd be so down for that.
>>
File: dan-didio.jpg (73 KB, 324x441) Image search: [Google]
dan-didio.jpg
73 KB, 324x441
>>80806976
>tell them their waifu is coming back
>they buy the comic because of it
>she's only there as a footstool for a Z-list bag of shit

AAAHAHAHAHAAHA
GOTCHA YOU GULLIBLE FUCKS
>>
>>80812071
I'd say Didio is hardly to blame for the handling of Cassandra. It's more on Tynion, Snyder, and Doyle.
>>
>>80812142
Which astounds me because I was under the impression that Snyder loved Cassandra and tried to get her for his Batman run pretty hard.
>>
>>80812318

I'm pretty sure Snyder has actually not written a single word for this comic and they're only using his name to drum up sales.
>>
>>80812318
To be fair Snyder was probably only involved in the planning stages and who knows what could have changed in the plot since.

>>80812404
Snyder was involved in the plotting of the series with Tynion. Though his involvement is obviously minimal.
>>
>>80812404
Yeah but his student did. I assumed lesson number 1 was Snyder instilling his waifu.
>>
>>80812318
>>80812461

Do we actually have any indication of Snyder liking Cass other than that he's said so in some random interview?

He could be just a liar, you know.
>>
>>80807773
I kind of starting to like Jason because of it.
>>
>>80806546
I just tuned in, is Snyder ripping of Leviathan now? Mind controlled kids and all?
>>
>>80813006

This whole thing's story has been a 99% ripoff of the Leviathan arc in Bat.Inc except the villain is somehow even less threatening than Talia.
>>
>>80807140
I agree, it pushes her already yuck design over the top.
>>
>>80807164
Yeah, but it's opressing me.
>>
>>80813056
Jesus, Snyder really has recycled Morison's entirr arc now. Just worse... So much worse...
>>
So does anyone actually like harper? Like does she actually have that many fans that pushing her seems amazing for DC because there's nothing good about her.
>>
>>80813282
I've seen people say they really like her. They're in the minority but they exist. I imagine tumblr likes her considering her character design is literally a caricature of tumblr's fashion.
>>
>>80813282
Even on tumblr I have seen no one who likes her. Not just the fanbase though, artists don't seem to like her much either. I know Nguyen doesn't draw much of any of the Batgirls so it's no surprise he doesn't seem to want to draw her, but even other artists like Gleason and Tarr and etc who work on Batfamily stuff don't seem to give one shit about her.
>>
>>80807535
>hugely popular character as Harper
Since when?
>>
>>80813282
>So does anyone actually like harper?

There's like one or two people who sometimes pop up and cheer for her, but overall? Not a chance. If she got a solo title right now it would be deader than the Cyborg bi-weekly is going to be.

That said, I don't think people would mind her if the editorial accepted her place as a support character. Instead they're trying to force her to occupy the same amount of space as characters who can actually carry solo titles, and that just makes her obnoxious. In Eternal, I'm pretty sure Harper is the character with the most panel-time of all, and that's just fucking absurd when she's the least popular hero in the book..
>>
>>80812711

Snyder does like Cass. His original idea for Gates of Gotham was it being a Cass solo with light on the Bat Family. But Editorial and Higgins loved the Bat Family angle more.

Snyder wanted Cass to be back closer to the family hence why she remained in Gotham at the end. He was going to build up on it.

> New 52

Snyder trying to write for her is suffering it seems.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.