[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the expectations for this? It is extremely overlook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10
File: Apocalypse.jpg (119 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse.jpg
119 KB, 600x863
What are the expectations for this? It is extremely overlook despite being less than two months away.

A new trailer is reportedly dropping after tomorrow, BTW.
>>
>>80788956
It's coming out around the same time as BvS and CW. It's got a lot of competition.
>>
I want to get my hopes up but Apoc seems too small, some of the dialogue seems really plain and un-creative, and Jlaw's acting is somehow getting worse.
>>
>>80789122
>Jlaw's acting is somehow getting worse.
The more famous she gets the less she has to try.
>>
>>80789158
How long until she starts making movies with her Rob Schneider?
>>
>>80789271
Isn't she already writing a movie with Amy Schumer?
>>
I liked most of the X-Men movies but this trailer looks really cheap

it should be decent though, I'm surprised how bad the trailer looked
>>
>>80788956
I expect it will be the opposite of Deadpool.

Instead of being a relatively cheap, fun and fast paced movie that overperforms, Apocalypse will be an expensive , drab, and slow movie that underperforms.
>>
More Singer shit.

The X-Men have costumes in First Class and Deadpool. They don't in this one (credit where it's due, Psylocke and Eric look good).

Raven leading the X-Men.

Raven and Hank not being permablue is a smack in the face to their character arcs from First Class.

Looks quite dull visually. I thought DofP did too.

Not an X-Men hater, I loved First Class, The Wolverine and Deadpool. Just want a proper X-Men movie and not more of Singer's shit.
>>
>>80789406
>I expect it will be the opposite of Deadpool.
good
>>
You shouldn't trust FOX with hitting twice in a row. After Deadpool they have some serious Karma to pay back.

Also seems like a step back from Deadpool.
>>
File: alice-through-the-looking-glass.jpg (505 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
alice-through-the-looking-glass.jpg
505 KB, 1382x2048
>>80788956
I expect doom at the box office. You don't challenge the Mouse. Fox should have learned that from the disaster that was Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 against Star Wars The Force Awakens back in December.

Even WB was smart enough to move B v S away from Civil War and they had a better shot at outperforming Civil War then Xmen does of doing the same to Alice.
>>
Civil war is competing with X-men? The franchise that features deadpool?

Civil war is in trouble
>>
>>80789494
Star Wars and the MCU are one thing, but does anyone actually give a shit about another shitty Alice movie?
>>
>>80789544
I don't think X-men will even mention Deadpool. With some luck they don't introduce yet another Colossus, this time he'll be french.
>>
>>80789576
The same people who pushed the first one to over a billion dollars.You know, a billion dollars. Something none of the Xmen movies have ever gotten close to.
>>
>>80789663
>Tim Burton's Alice made a billion dollars
What the fuck.
>>
>>80789663
Wasn't 3D a big thing back in 2010 though? More people would have seen the original Alice in 3D than they will this new one. I don't think it'll make another billion.

Of course X-Men won't either though.
>>
>>80789735
Does this one have Johnny Depp?
>>
>>80789735
>helena bonham carter and johnny depp being weirdos in 3d

Of course it made billion dollars. it didn't have any other choice.
>>
I just want the movie to not suck so we can get the proper phoenix saga with the shi`ar or maybe the brood saga but knowing Singer he will do another movie that involve "social" commentary
>>
>>80789743
But this one has Sacha Bara Cohen in it. And we all saw how well Bruno and the Brothers Grimsby did.
>>
>>80789849
Phoenix saga with that actress. I mean...
>>
>>80788956
It looks bland & boring. Singer is just repeating the same formula and hoping that it will work. I hope it underperforms so Fox can reevaluate & make a proper X-Men movie
>>
>>80789849
>involve "social" commentary
The X-Men have been synonymous with political allegory for a long time now, the movies are unlikely to ever escape it.
>>
Overall

Quality:

1. Batman v Superman
>93% rt 9/10 imdb

2. X-Men
>92% rt 8.4/10 imdb

3. Civil War
>76% rt 7.6/10 imdb

Box office:

1. Batman v Superman
>$1,699,653,29

2. X-men (Deadpool factor)
>$1,057,549,01

3. Civil War
>$1,006,027,09
>>
>>80788956
I am seeing all the signs of what made X3 bad, they are caving in to the actors and letting the bigger names get more screentime for less work. Why the FUCK is mystique leading the X-men? Why the FUCK is Cyclops acting like a beta? Why the FUCK is the makeup either non-existant or so crappy compared to the other movies in the series? And how come Jlaw can just walk on set without a single drop of blue paint and still expect us to take her seriously when she shouts "MUTANT AND PROUD!"?
>>
>>80789973
Come on man, it's only been 25 posts.
>>
>>80789544
X-Men competing with Civil War?
The franchise that features Captain America, Iron Man and Spiderman?

X-Men Apocalypse is fucked.
>>
>>80789973
>3. Civil War
>>76% rt 7.6/10 imdb

Where did you pull that from?
>>
>>80789973
>Civil War making less than Apocalypse
I doubt it even with Deadpool's success.
>>
>>80790023
The depths of his bias.
>>
>>80790018
X-Men without Wolverine, too.
>>
>>80790023
Early screenings were meh for civil war, tickets aren't trending so well, marvel fatigue is kicking in so more people will hate it.
>>
>>80788956
I'll be honest. I want this movie to be so good, but i just dont think it will be.
My list of cons...
>Apocalypse looks kinda lame and small
>a report mentions he wont have his normal powerset which means that scene of him getting huge is just some dream and we wont see all the x-men fighting a giganto apocalypse
>hes some kinda body hopping sentience which is fucking played out
>the cgi stuff in alot of this looks absolutely tv grade (those clips of storm, magneto, and angel most of all)
>never blue katniss seems like shes phoning it in but is still being made a central element of the story and it reeks of star power over story power
>cyclops, jean grey, and nightcrawler all seem like uninmportant background decorations
>fucking psylocke is not japanese and is being played by olivia munn who honestly is not there because they intend for her to do much 'acting' so much as look nice and do shitty martial arts or some shit

I have confidence in the director because I like x-men 1 even though it really doesnt hold up well, x2 is still kick ass, and though i hated the shit out of first class i thought days of future past was great. But man I just don't think this is gonna pull it off. It might be an okay movie but as a lifelong x-men fan with my fav villain of all time being apocalypse....i am going into it assuming i'll be disappointed. Which sucks because normally i'm jazzed about cape movies super easy.
>>
>>80789973
>(Deadpool factor)
The fuck are you talking about, that movie made 600 million and it's not in Apocalypse.
I doubt it'll make more than 800 million.

By that logic we can take in Civil War the Iron Man factor (along with Batman, the only superhero who has a solo movie that has surpassed 1 billion in box office), the Cap factor (who at this point it's going to be more popular than Iron Man), the Spiderman factor (TASM2 made 100 million more than Deadpool)

Plus X-Men's main draw, Wolverine, is not in it, and the movie itself looks very mediocre.
Also, Deadpool was a success because everyone expected it to be a massive flop.
>>
>>80790041
"Civil War" is tracking insanely well, it's pure delusion to believe it will be anything other than one of the highest-grossing movies of the summer, if not the most.
>>
>>80789917
yeah i know and i dont mind, even in this political landscape, i just want space adventure or wacky adventures in mojoverse or even an horror like movie with the brood or proteus
>>
>>80790018

Deadpool>Spiderman>pg13 wolverine

R rated wolverine>>Spiderman in terms of box office
>>
>>80790023
>>80790058
To be fair to him, the MCU movies have always fared worse with critics compared to the Singer X-Men movies.
>>
>>80790100
>tickets aren't trending so well
Probably because it's 2 months away.
Also, the early screenings are saying that it's the best Marvel movie up until now, what are you talking about.
http://collider.com/captain-america-civil-war-test-screenings-positive/
>>
>>80790106
Psylocke was originally british. She was forced to steal a japanese ninja's body so she could stay alive after being fatally wounded. I think she was born as Captain Britain's sister or relation.

I don't THINK I am pulling that out of my ass, but I might be confusing her with another character.
>>
>>80790100
>Early screenings were meh for civil war

It's the highest-rated Marvel movie in test-screenings and has been praised by all who have seen it.

BvS is the one that reportedly had mixed feedback.
>>
>>80790138
I will be so happy if even ONE critic says "I was expecting Deadpool to show up all the way until the end credits, and I was disappointed."
>>
>>80790161
Yeah I get you, I just doubt it'll happen while Fox is still running the series.
>>
People who is saying Civil war is going to be shit are just mad because marvel ruined their favorites comics
>>
>>80790175
Deadpool
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=deadpool2016.htm
709 million

TASM2
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=amazingspiderman2.htm
708 million

The Wolverine
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wolverine2.htm
414 million

If a piece of shit like TASM2 can make that money without being tied to anything, I wonder how much it can do in the MCU.
>>
>>80790155
I still think BvS will do better box office, if not because of the lack of competition and better known characters in markets like south america and some parts of Europe.

I'm a complete marvel drone and hate Zack Snyder with a passion, but it'd do that with a half decent-looking movie and that title alone.

More than a billion dollars starts to rely on quality (read enjoyability) of the movie because of repeat viewings, rather than just marketing/hype, though.
>>
>>80790190

It's cause he made all that bullshit up.
>>
File: 1429631289307.png (532 KB, 707x533) Image search: [Google]
1429631289307.png
532 KB, 707x533
>>80789303
Ugh, when will Amy Schumer's career end?
>>
>>80790100
>Marvel fatigue
This is really unlikely to happen until after Infinity War.
>>
>>80790196
Oh no you are absolutely right. But this isn't THAT psylocke. This is ninja fighting, katana weilding, blue bathing suit psylocke where she got an edge. Which this is kinda apeing but not going all the way. So instead they just got like some half chinese girl who looks pretty to stand around.
>>
>>80790179
I always attributed that to the fact that Singer's movies are such poor representations of Marvel movies compared that they were easier for people to understand and get into.

I mean they are all pretty much disaster/terrorist movies where the teams have superpowers instead of hi-tech gadgets. They are even wearing all black like a special forces or swat team.

Marvel movies are more otherworldly and weird, to the point that a lot of guys that expect Othello or Hamlet in a 'good' movie are weirded out by the suspension of disbelief required to enjoy these films.
>>
File: 1.jpg (27 KB, 640x235) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27 KB, 640x235
>>80790202

Batman v Superman is having great feedback. Both will be good

>Batman v superman
>Civil war adaptation
>Age of apocalypse adaptation

What a great year
>>
>>80789973
>deadpool factor
>this X-Men movie is going to make more than Avengers 2.5 because a movie from the same universe was succesful, although in terms of capeshit the box office was average
>even though he won't show up
>even though he's not part of the marketing

Apocalypse is going to make 800 million at most.
Out of the big three, is going to be, by far, the less succesful.

There's just not the same interest in what FOX does as there is in the MCU or in DCEU.
>>
File: 1.jpg (98 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
98 KB, 1080x1080
>>80790269
>R rated Deadpool has made more money than spiderman

Now that deadpool is the most popular marvel character

Deadpool v Wolverine when?
>>
>>80790288
BvS has that same draw that Force Awakens had. It will bring people in by sheer gravity of its title. Never Mind the quality of acting, story, and characterization.

BvS might be a good film(I honestly doubt it the more stuff I see for it), but it will never be an 'unsuccessful' film because it will make its money back and more.
>>
>>80790488
By that logic, Iron Man is still the most popular.
Iron Man 3 broke the 1 billion barrier.
Although, by overall numbers, Spiderman is still Marvel's, and the world's, most popular superhero.

>Deadpool v Wolverine when?
Never because Huge Jackedman is almost 50 and already said Wolverine 3 will be his last.
>>
>>80790500
Yeah it has a similar draw but at far weaker level. I'd be surprised if it outdid Avengers and Furious 7, which is not a failure on any level. But it won;t sniff 2 billion. Not when Jungle Book is like 2 weeks afterward and My big fat greek sequel is eating up the date crowd. I'll put BvS down for 1.45 billion. That's still roughly 250 million more than any other DC movie ever.
>>
>>80790500
I predict that if BvS succeeds, most of the movies will be ranked the same as the comics: Batman > Marvel > DC.

Especially since both companies are locking their general "tone", since DC's darker approach will limit them away from stuff like Ant-Man from ever happening, whereas Marvel can keep doing wacky stuff for longer and send the darker shit to Netflix (or not do it at all). Cheap light-hearted stuff doesn't work, really. Unless it's CW the flash, granted.
>>
>>80790388
Singer's movies are generally more critically digestible yeah. The political commentary and period settings are also things that generally tend to go over well with critics if done half way decent. He also has critical darlings like Patrick Stewart and McKellen onboard.

Marvel movies are very obviously geared at the cinema going public and comic fans. I don't know if I'd call them weird, but they're certainly crafted to draw as much box office revenue as possible while also being fun movies.
>>
>>80790488
>FOX
>doing anything not absolutely retarded
The moment they take control of something they fuck it all up.
Deadpool was a success because it had minimum budget so they let Ryan Reinolds do whatever he wanted.
>>
>>80790583

It'll be interesting to see who they cast as Wolverine after Hugh's gone.
>>
>>80790488
>implying MCU Spiderman won't make 1 billion
>>
>>80790632
Yeah, I would withdraw my use of the word weird, but otherworldly is a good fit. The critics are unable to suspend disbelief because they are used to rating movies on how much they tell you and show you, but superhero movies are based on quasi-science that keeps shifting to try to keep up with real world discoveries. The same things that critics keep complaining about in Marvel movies tend to be what fans and average movie goers love the most.
>>
>>80790670
They always cast important actors for important roles. Unlike the MCU who prefer to make stars rather than buy them.

I can see them approaching Tom Hardy, even if he says no.
>>
File: 1452542496870.jpg (16 KB, 126x189) Image search: [Google]
1452542496870.jpg
16 KB, 126x189
Civil war will have spider-man and black panther

B v S will have the trinity and possible Aquaman,Flash and maybe Cyborg.

X-men will have, young version of character that already appear.

I dunno /co/, which one is more exciting ?
>>
>>80790833
That is the thing I love about Marvel casting. They went to a flabby comic who is a method actor and asked him if he would be willing to lose weight and gain a shit load of muscle in exchange for fame, a shot at the brass ring, and a BIG movie series in their new movieverse. Then GotG came to be.
>>
>>80790930
They've realized that the house sells more than the actor.

Hiring JGL for GoTG like they hypothesized would cost them more in the box office and the long run.

This isn't the 90' anymore, outside of Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and a couple of others, there aren't actors that guarantee an audience. Stuff hinges more on the house and director now, which is good.

Marvel cast to the part, not to the actor. And WB is doing the same, Ben Affleck, while famous, does a fucking great batman, and they know it. But alas, FOX is starting to go for the GoT crowd...
>>
>>80790833
>MCU prefer to make stars rather than buy them.
>RDJ
>Michael Douglas
>Benedict Cumberbatch
>Samuel. L Jackson
>>
>>80790930
>Grab the old washed up has been to play Iron Man

>Grab the never was from Fantastic Four to play Captain America

>Get that kid from Attack the Block to play the male lead in Star Wars

>Get the girl from Once Upon a Time to Play a bunny cop

Disney/Marvel love taking chances with casting.
>>
>>80791130
I meant for lead role parts. They cast the well known actors for the mentor and villain roles.
RDJ had been a star, but he wasn't at the time he was cast. I'll give you Benny though. Paul Rudd, even. But it's usually because they fit the character.
>>
The trailer doesn't fill me with hope. I mean, the shots of Angel, Psylocke and Storm in the trailer seem like a video game introduction and it doesn't fill me with a sense of a cinematic scope. Like, the film looks like it was shot with a bunch of green screens and low camera angles.
>>
>>80791283
>seem like a video game introduction
>the film looks like it was shot with a bunch of green screens
You are aware this is capeshit right?
>>
>>80791221
>Grab that guy with 3 lines in boardwalk empire to play Daredevil.
But sir, we don't even have daredevil. Even if we did, we can't make a movie out of it, it doesn't have the spectacle that people go for these days. And we can't make a violent show on any network because the advertisers won't let us make it violent.
>We'll use him in 4 years after FOX loses the rights and that DVD service Netflix starts a streaming service and produciton that'll rival HBO in tone and content. We'll use this dude and it'll make gangbusters.
I'll start working on the script.
That actually happened, by the way, they had Cox on their sights for 2 years before they had the rights.
>>
>>80791349
Dude please. Don't use that excuse. There are plenty of super hero shots that don't just look like someone on wired in front of cheesy shiny cgi. Those shots were ugly, as was the one of magneto throwing shit.
>>
>>80791226
Cumberbatch and Freeman just reeks of a cash in on the success of Sherlock. I don't doubt that Cumberbatch isn't up to playing a decent Strange, but let's not kid ourselves.

I'd actually say casting Rudd, who was best known for being a regular on Friends and being a romcom star, as a superhero was actually a fairly big gamble.
>>
>I didn't care about DOFP and TWS and they were good.
>I cared about AoU and it was crap.
My expectations will remain until it comes out.
>>
>>80791515
>There are plenty of super hero shots that don't just look like someone on wired in front of cheesy shiny cgi
In the MCU Netflix shows and the Nolan movies maybe. I'll agree that this movie looks ugly as fuck though
>>
>>80791221
Yeah there are very few mcu casting choices i do not agree with or think didn't work out.

Maybe that guy from the strain they got for Darren Cross in Ant-Man. but as boring as he was the part wasn't exactly written all that itnerestingly.
Oh and terrence howard as rhodes. i was so goddamn happy when don cheadle replaced him.

Oh and honestly as much as i love her...natalie portman. I dunno what it was but that casting just did not work for me.
>>
>>80791620
Freeman gives a great Everett Ross, though.

And Cumberbatch was complained to be the 'safe' choice. I still say that they pick based on the character rather than the actor for leading roles.

A side point, fucking Dr. Strange cast looks like an Oscar bait movie. The least important ones there are Wong and the other dude, who played Rothstein on Boardwalk Empire.
>>
>>80791756
>Freeman gives a great Everett Ross, though.
I wouldn't doubt it, he's a good actor.

>A side point, fucking Dr. Strange cast looks like an Oscar bait movie.
If they've got Cumberbatch in the lead they might as well go for it.
>>
>>80791731
Oh god and Ty Burrell as Doc Samson. What the fuck was up with that. That was clearly a 'were never gonna fucking make this guy into a buff green haired dude so fuck it.'
>>
>>80791874
I'm curious to which actress they'll get for Cpt. Marvel. Every choice is 'obvious' at this point, so I'd like to see them get a newcomer and turn everyone on their head.
>>
>>80792023
I'm still hoping on Emily Blunt.
And also hoping beyond hope that it isn't fucking Katee Sackoff. Which I just don't get people wanting. That woman is so incredibly offputting and ive never seen her act a role i thought was good.
>>
>>80792023
They could probably get away with a lesser known for Danvers just like the did for Jessica Jones. She's obscure enough that the GA has no expectations for her character in both appearance or personality.
>>
>>80792093
I don't think either of them would be good. They are both the obvious 'fighting blonde woman' type. Image they want to do 3 avengers movie with her. They'd be pushing 50 by that time.

They need to cast some 30 (now) year old that ages like Rachel McAdams (i.e. not at all), but bigger and more authoritative.
>>
File: 1.jpg (92 KB, 1731x996) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
92 KB, 1731x996
>>80792093
Emily blunt wouldn't ever accept
>>
>>80792126
Speaking of JJ, the perfect Carol actress was cast in that show as Trish Walker (who was the Carol stand-in, so it makes sense).
>>
File: Black_Canary_Caity_Lotz-12.jpg (160 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Black_Canary_Caity_Lotz-12.jpg
160 KB, 533x800
She should've stayed as Laurel / Black Canary.

Katie Cassidy should've been Sarah / White Canary or not in the show at all.
>>
>>80791349
You can shit on capefilms, but this film doesn't seem like a real film. It's almost like a parody of a film trailer because a lot of the shots don't look like they work cohesively as a narrative.
>>
>>80792314
>the perfect Carol actress was cast in that show as Trish Walker
I was actually thinking that as I wrote that last post.
>>
>>80792389
>It's almost like a parody of a film trailer because a lot of the shots don't look like they work cohesively as a narrative.
That's how trailers work now.
>Put in the action shots out of sequence
>Fade to black
>Add in some sub bass effects and 'epic' music
>>
Is it really surprising? BvS is answering the age old pleb question "Who will win" and kicks off the DC universe . Civil War has all the heroes (Except Hulk and Thor) fighting against each other and introduces Spider-Man. Fox is offering us a Wolverineless movie that has Jennifer Lawrence as the lead
>>
>>80792505
I don't know if thats what that dude meant. Alot of those shots don't even look like theyre from the same film. The ones in particular i think that stand out are the four horsement shots. They look like theyre just do not match up with the rest of the movie. though that makes me think maybe they are visions of some kind and designed to look strange. Same with the shot of the explosion that catches two people up in it. It just doesnt fit with anything else you see visually so it looks incredibly out of place. Like you were suddenly watching 'legends of tomorrow' instead of the x-men apocalypse trailer.
>>
>>80788956
The Internet pessimism around X-Men never ceases to amaze me

Singer is fine
Lawrence is fine
The movie is fine

And dont some pretentious lad, respond to me with "fine isnt good enough", yes it is
>>
>>80789494

BvS still has a chance of outperforming Civil War. I'm not sure moving was done out of fear so much as smart business because even if they beat CW they still would have eaten into each other profits and neither would have made as much money
>>
>>80789849
>so we can get the proper phoenix saga with the shi`ar

Nigga we can't even get proper costumes for the X-Men
>>
>>80792757
You nailed it. Look at the other trailers this year. You at least know how narratively these scenes will be set up. Even TMNT 2 does this.
Apocalypse kind of feels like a music video with this trailer. We really have no grasp how the structure of the film will work. It's those weird posing shots instead of shots of the characters being in environments.
>>
>>80792757
Yeah I knew what he meant, I was just shitposting. It's probably just early footage or something.
>>
>>80790350
>Ugh, when will Amy Schumer's career end?
When she stops being le quirky sort of overweight feminist,
>>
>>80792813
>>Lawrence is fine
No she isn't. You can clearly tell that she doesn't want to be in these movies from the trailer alone.
>>
>>80790202

Those BvS feedback rumors were bullshit. I expect CW and BvS to be really close with CW getting the edge by a few mil
>>
>>80792837

At this point neither of them can possibly fail anyway. Disney/Marvel is a juggernaut and even though this is just DC's second entry into their cinematic universe the word "Batman" practically conjures a few hundred million dollars by itself. Let alone slapping "Superman" after it and adding a "v" in the middle.

Apocalypse is at the very least going to break even, although it's definitely the red-headed stepchild of the trio.
>>
>>80792929
> You can clearly tell that she doesn't want to be in these movies from the trailer alone.
When does she ever look enthusiastic to be in anything? She always has that apathetic look on her face.
>>
>>80790601

Early ticket sales for it are already better than Avengers and Furious 7. If it's good it's going to beat them even if it isn't as good as those films
>>
>>80793032
First Class feels like she put some effort in. It seems like ever since she got famous she got annoyed by these roles.
>>80793047
It's Batman and Superman. Of course it would make a lot of money.
>>
"You homosexuals and your Jlaw hate boners."
>>
>>80790138
>(along with Batman, the only superhero who has a solo movie that has surpassed 1 billion in box office)

Iron Man 3 did a billion.
>>
>>80793981
Meh I've found her lackluster in both movies. It's not helped by the fact that she has to act opposite McAvoy and Fassbender a lot, which only highlights how laconic she is.
>>
JLaw kills my interest, but the films have always been good minus Origins. Last Stand isn't bad when you compare it to most Marvel films.
>>
>>80788956
It looks overdone.
>>
My GFs brother thinks Apocalypse will be the best movie of the year (of all movies, not just comic books), he teared up when spiderman appeared in the trailer, and thinks BvS looks shit. How retarded is he?
>>
>>80791983
I don't know who Ty Burrel is. Was Doc Sampson even in the MCU? I don't remember him.

>>80791731
Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. He's not terrible but he's not great either. Chris Hemsworth also. Oh, and what were they thinking with Maria Hill?
>>
>>80796379
Doc Samson was the psychiatrist boyfriend in the edward norton hulk movie who plays betty ross' boyfriend and appears all of two whole minutes in the movie.
>>
>>80796456

What the fuck, that guy? He had a name?
>>
File: 195641-170723-doc-samson.jpg (65 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
195641-170723-doc-samson.jpg
65 KB, 400x474
>>80796577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawgMVxdZhs
Yes this guy. the wiry wimpy looking scrublord with a face like room temperature turkey bacon is supposed to be the man pictured here.
>>
>>80795941
>tearing up over MCU Spider-Man
What the fuck
>>
>>80796961
I know its almost like their joy in things hasn't been replaced by cynicism and they can still be moved by the things they love.
>>
>>80790833
Jackman wasn't in anything big before X-men.

>>80790106
>the cgi stuff in alot of this looks absolutely tv grade (those clips of storm, magneto, and angel most of all)

Those all look like they were made specifically just for the trailer
>>
Everyone is expecting highly of X-Men: Apocalypse. I think it'll do great! I'm super excited to see more Scott, he's such a hunk. /co/ demands more of him!
>>
>>80788956

My expectations are to not go and see it, and forget it exists again a few minutes after writing this post, same as before you reminded me about it.
>>
I'm hyped for Bald McAvoy.

He looks really good.

Hoping this movie will serve as a big grand finale to the Singer era of X-men.

I mean I wouldn't mind a Morrison/Whedon adaptation but X-men has been around a while and I'm ready for a big satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>80797253
>being moved by 5 seconds of a cgi model
>>
>>80789663
I regret watching that in theaters, I'm so sorry.
>>
>>80793047
Early ticket sales don't necessarily mean much. According to the early ticket sales of Star Wars VII the movie was going to make more than $600 millions on the first weekend alone, but it obviously didn't happen
>>
I kind of want to avoid it, since I keep getting more and more sick of the plot holes that keep getting bigger and bigger in the Xmen movies.

I mean they could have rebooted.
Xmen origins tanked and they made First Class and they had the chance to come out clean.
But for some reason they wanted to use Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman a couple more times
So they made Days of Future Past, and brought it all into a questionable clusterfuck
>>
>>80789438
>More singer shit
>The X-Men have costumes
And opinion discarded since you only talk about muh costumes.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.